The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets vs Ulster

+17
MrsP
The Great Aukster
Seagultaf
ME-109
VinceWLB
mckay1402
clivemcl
Artful_Dodger
rodders
Pete330v2
Jenifer McLadyboy
ScarletSpiderman
Kingshu
WillyGilly
Standulstermen
Notch
Don Alfonso
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Scarlets vs Ulster - Page 3 Empty Scarlets vs Ulster

Post by Don Alfonso Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:57 am

First topic message reminder :

Scarlets Vs Ulster  @ Parc Y Scarlets, Saturday 2nd November, 18:30

Scarlets XV and replacements:

15 Gareth Owen; 14 Nick Reynolds; 13 Gareth Maule; 12 Adam Warren; 11 Jordan Williams; 10 Steve Shingler; 9 Gareth Davies; 1 Phil John (capt); 2 Kirby Myhill; 3; Samson Lee ; 4; Jake Ball; 5 George Earle; 6 Aaron Shingler; 7 Josh Turnbull; 8 Sione Timani
Replacements: 16 Darran Harris, 17 Rob Evans, 18 Jacobie Adriaanse, 19 Johan Synman, 20 John Barclay, 21 Aled Davies, 22 Aled Thomas, 23 Chris Knight.

Ulster XV and replacements:

(15-9): J Payne (Captain), A Trimble, D Cave, C Farell, M Allen, R Pienaar, P Marshall;
(1-8): C Black, R Herring, J Afoa, L Stevenson, N McComb, R Diack, R Wilson, N Williams; Replacements
(16-23): N Annett, K McCall, R Lutton, M McComish, S Doyle, J McKinney, R Andrew, D McIlwaine.

Last edited by Don Alfonso on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Scarlets vs Ulster - Page 3 Empty Re: Scarlets vs Ulster

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:42 am

I am not too sure the Scarlets played the conditions better as such, as we put boot to ball more in the second half than we did in the first (when we had the wind), I think it was just more of a case of the Scarlets being more 'up for it'. Also being in the ground I am not too sure how much the wind was really a gain to either side as it was actually rather swirly in the ground, but then gusting east when it was above the stands.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:46 am

MrsP wrote:I know. They were nearly as bad as Gusher!!

I spent the first 20 mins shouting "Trimble" everytime they said "Allen" and vice versa!
Even when Allen was subbed off the announcer said that it was Trimble! When John Barclay scored the try, the announcer was unsure and said try Scarlets, and only gave Barclay credit during half time, probably when someone told him. That said that is far better than the Beeb who have credited George Earle as the try scorer censored 
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 am

The Saint wrote:Good news for Scarlets that Timani played well as they don't really have an out and out No.8. I've stated for a while that I think he would be best suited to that position but he didn't have a great start to the season...hopefully he kicks on from here.
We went into the season with Gog as our only real option at number 8, and he had come off the Japan tour looking pretty poor. Then he has had a few good games before getting injured. Turnbull then had to set up and looked like a genuine number 8 during his two starts there in the HEC, and when he got shuffled to openside (due to Barclay not being able to train as he was off with Scotland all week), Timani steps in and plays probably one of his best games in a Scarlets shirt. Things look pretty promising, as with a choice of Timani/Gog/Turnbull at eight, Barclay/Dan Thomas/Turnbull at openside and Shingler/Turnbull/Gog at blindside we have a far better balance to our backrow than we did last season.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3