The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History!! - America 1..2..3 in The Ring p4p rankings........

+18
88Chris05
John Bloody Wayne
Hammersmith harrier
oxring
Rowley
Strongback
jimdig
kingraf
JabMachineMK2
hazharrison
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
mobilemaster8
smashingstormcrow
alanqlm
TopHat24/7
Lumbering_Jack
Fists of Fury
TRUSSMAN66
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

History!! - America 1..2..3 in The Ring p4p rankings........ Empty History!! - America 1..2..3 in The Ring p4p rankings........

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 10:10

Can't remember Amercia having a 1 2 3 in The Ring magazine in my lifetime or KO for the matter.....(could be wrong)....

Feeling proud of my brothers across the pond !!

1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. Bradley............Take a bow.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

History!! - America 1..2..3 in The Ring p4p rankings........ Empty Re: History!! - America 1..2..3 in The Ring p4p rankings........

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 4 Nov - 10:30

Bradley...what a crime.

Agree with the other two.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

History!! - America 1..2..3 in The Ring p4p rankings........ Empty Re: History!! - America 1..2..3 in The Ring p4p rankings........

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 4 Nov - 10:45

Bradley at number 3 is laughable.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 10:52

Manny and Marquez are top wins against top 10 opposition.......He now has a great record

Regardless of whether he deserved Manny.......Or whether JMM was past it....Chuck in Alexander..

If Utd hit the bar ten times and you win 1-0 It's still a win..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 4 Nov - 11:15

Manny comfortably beat him. No official score cards can change that.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 11:23

Should we have JMM above Manny then in the ATG rankings for beating him 3/4 or 4/4.......

Should we add Louis to Walcott's record and have him as a top 15 heavy ??

No we shouldn't.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 4 Nov - 11:27

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Can't remember Amercia having a 1 2 3 in The Ring magazine in my lifetime or KO for the matter.....(could be wrong)....

Feeling proud of my brothers across the pond !!

1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. Bradley............Take a bow.
Just shows what a pile of bollox the Ring ratings have become.

Bradley is lucky to even be top 10. Previously had Guerrero top10 based on about 2 fights. Broner in there based on about 2 fights, ahead of Rigo who just beat the p4p #3 guy. Ridiculous.

States may have the first 3, but after that it's:

Ukraine
Argentina
Mexico
Philipines
US
Mexico
Cuba

So the dominance isn't really that pronounced.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 11:29

1,2,3..............and then the chaff.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 4 Nov - 11:29

1,2 then make believe....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 11:31

Bradley is number 3 in The ring rankings..........

Gold, silver, bronze...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 4 Nov - 11:36

And I'm sure I could find another set of rankings where Bradley wasn't.

All pretty meaningless.

Bit like when you dismissed what other boxing historians said because it/they didn't agree with you.

Ring rankings have become lower and lower regarded in recent years. I'd place more weight on the 606v2 consensus rankings tbh.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 11:43

The ring is the bible of boxing .......One voice but still a huge achievement........Pretty sure most connoisseurs would have a guy with JMM, Manny and alexander on their list top 3 anyway..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 4 Nov - 11:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 4 Nov - 11:49

Ring WAS the bible. It's since sold out and its famed rankings become more and more spurious.

You like what it says therefore I've no doubt you still think it's amazing.

So far everyone else on this thread thinks Bradley #3 is a joke. But then, of course, their opinions will undoubtedly be disregarded as they don't fall into line with your own.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 11:50

Judging by the standard of posters.....Think it strengthens my case..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 4 Nov - 11:52

Exactly, it's the old Samantha Brick argument, "everyone's wrong unless they agree with me, and if they don't they prove I'm right".

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 11:54

Fisty, YOU and Lumbering well that's it then.........Fisty I have time for..

If Bradley isn't number 3 then who is.......

Martinez??..........He's on the wane and his best wins aren't in the same league..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 4 Nov - 12:04

See how the thread pans out, then draw some conclusions.

Bradley is basically a notch ahead of Garcia. Both lower reaches of top10.

Tbh Rigo's win over Donaire is better than anything else anyone in the top 10 has done in the last 12 months.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 12:05

You have no idea what you are talking about..

Manny and JMM are more highly regarded......

Give it up.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 4 Nov - 12:08

Name a better win in the last 12 months by any other fighter then?

JMM over Manny is the only one I can think of.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 12:11

JMM, Alexander, Manny and now the new WBO champ Provo and future champ petersen.........More than suffices....

me thinks..

Leonard wasn't number 1 after Hagler old boy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 4 Nov - 12:19

Personally I don't really think Bradley deserves to be at #3 either. But to be fair to him I don't really think there is anybody who is nailed on for the spot.

After 1 & 2 who are probably head and shoulders above the rest I think it is very fine margins between the rest. So I'm interested to know who people would replace him with?

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 12:24

I agree with that..........Bradley is one of many who have a case for the spot........

However as his claims are as good as anyone elses..slightly better in my opinion.. I have no objection with him being number 3 as I don't think anyone else has a better claim..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Mon 4 Nov - 12:29

When compiling lists like this, surely you need to be objective and base them on the stats. Official fight results must stand. Bradley is hardly the most exciting fighter around, but his wins against JMM and Pacman mean he really has to be more or less up there.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 12:31

I'm not being objective/subjective...... I'm stating The Ring has them 1 2 3.........

Love your posting name by the way........want to swap it for TRUSSMAN ??

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 4 Nov - 12:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 4 Nov - 12:33

Think Alan has hit the nail. After the top2 it really is a muddy mess. Not helped by things like Bradley being gifted Manny, who JMM clobbered but who got beat by Bradley. All very muddled. Garcia has a strong claim too, though it just feels wrong to have him top5.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 4 Nov - 12:37

Cant believe the bashing Bradley is getting here.

He has beaten some great names and some decent operators:

Pacquiao, Marquez, Witter, Peterson, Holt, Abregu, Provdokinov, Alexander.

Sorry but Pacquiao, Marquez, Witter, Peterson, Prov and Alexander are all World Champs or former World Champs.

He fully deserves his ranking for me personally.

I really struggle to find a fighter ahead of him.

Rigo battered Donaire, great win, but has beaten nobody else of note.
Sergio Martinez? Struggled with Barker and Maklin and was beat by Murray over the past few years.
JMM? Soundly beaten by Bradley in his last fight........got the KO over Manny, but lost the 3rd fight with him and was soundly outclassed by Floyd. I think he slots in at 4 ish
Froch? lost to Ward by a few rounds, got the win in the rematch against Kessler, great list of names.....for me he is top 10.
Khan? Garcia? Wlad? Rigo? Guerrero? Donaire? Have they all done more than Tim?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 12:38

So one minute Bradley is a joke and the next it's a muddy mess with only "Garcia" as an alternate........Khan, Maidana and Matthyse..........

against greater longevity and....Alexander, Manny, JMM, Provo, witter and Petersen.......

You amuse me...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 4 Nov - 12:43

Mobile you really are a blithering idiot.

Martinez was beaten by Murray? Well what happened what Manny faced Bradley.

Martinez struggled with Barker and Macklin. What happened when Bradley faced Prov.

Such a blatant one sided piece of guff.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 12:45

Well you can't hold Manny against Bradley like you did earlier and then moan about Mobile bringing up Martinez-Murray.........

Or you are playing double standards also..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 4 Nov - 12:49

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Mobile you really are a blithering idiot.

Martinez struggled with Barker and Macklin. What happened when Bradley faced Prov.

He was. Knocked down "twice" and was jobbed on the cards.

Maklin was ahead on scorecards. Barker had bust him up a bit as well. Check with both the UK and HBO pundits to confirm that bud.

Pacquiao took his foot off the gas in the later rounds and it was a close fight, period. He just didn't do enough and showed no killer instinct.

Wouldn't say its one sided mate.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 12:51

mobilemaster8 wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Mobile you really are a blithering idiot.

He was. Knocked down "twice" and was jobbed on the cards.

Maklin was ahead on scorecards. Barker had bust him up a bit as well. Check with both the UK and HBO pundits to confirm that bud.

Pacquiao took his foot off the gas in the later rounds and it was a close fight, period. He just didn't do enough and showed no killer instinct.

Wouldn't say its one sided mate.
All dubious wins count............and always have............I credit Martinez with Murray............and Bradley with Manny......

JMM is a huge part of Manny's legacy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 4 Nov - 12:56

Bradley deserves number 3....who else would be at number 3!!??

Wins over Alexander, Manny and Marquez on his record are better than everyone in the top 10 bar Floyd.

Some people just can't warm to Tim and unfortunately their hatred blinds them. Pity because he is a crackin fighter.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 4 Nov - 13:03

If you give Bradley Manny then you have to give Sergio Murray as it was way way way way way closer. And if you excuse Bradley for Prov then you have to start excusing people all over the place, certainly including Sergio for two fighters he still got stoppage wins over - one of whom went on to become a world champ, since ppl are using that metric to big up Tim's wins.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 4 Nov - 13:05

I think Bradley has as good a shout as anyone else to be ranked as high. Few things:

Since Ring Magazine was sold to Oscar De la Hoya and GBP (and fired all of the staff, such as Collins, Dettloff, Raskin, Goldman etc.) their ratings system eroded. This list is entirely the work of ex-judge Chuck Giampa -- even the editorial staff (Fischer, Rosenthal etc.) don't get a say -- so it's only one man's opinion.

Secondly, "pound for pound" is, essentially, a load of old nonsense -- naval gazing by writers wo can no longer make sense of a sport long since lost to indecipherable organisations and corruption. The whole thing got entirely out of hand a few years ago when Ricky Hatton started talking about WINNING the P4P title!!!

The best two fighters around are Floyd and Ward -- possibly with Rigo coming up on the rails. The rest are much of a muchness right now.

If Abner Mares hadn't been cold-cocked by Gonzalez, he would have been in the argument. His level of opposition over the past few years has been excellent.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 13:07

"So eveyone else on this thread thinks Bradley at 3 is a joke"............

who said that ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 13:13

hazharrison wrote:I think Bradley has as good a shout as anyone else to be ranked as high. Few things:

Since Ring Magazine was sold to Oscar De la Hoya and GBP (and fired all of the staff, such as Collins, Dettloff, Raskin, Goldman etc.) their ratings system eroded. This list is entirely the work of ex-judge Chuck Giampa -- even the editorial staff (Fischer, Rosenthal etc.) don't get a say -- so it's only one man's opinion.

Secondly, "pound for pound" is, essentially, a load of old nonsense -- naval gazing by writers wo can no longer make sense of a sport long since lost to indecipherable organisations and corruption. The whole thing got entirely out of hand a few years ago when Ricky Hatton started talking about WINNING the P4P title!!!

The best two fighters around are Floyd and Ward -- possibly with Rigo coming up on the rails. The rest are much of a muchness right now.

If Abner Mares hadn't been cold-cocked by Gonzalez, he would have been in the argument. His level of opposition over the past few years has been excellent.
I disagree I imagine back in the day...........People used to argue on who was the best overall fighter of the time............

Just because they didn't have p4p back then...doesn't mean it wasn't discussed.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 4 Nov - 13:15

Toppy, I give Bradley EXTRA credit for the Prov fight. The fact he was able to still win with a concussion against a serious digger who has went on to win a world title is pretty impressive.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 4 Nov - 13:18

Reeborn speaks sense. Completely agree.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 4 Nov - 13:19

Genuinely see no other fighter around that would be deserving of the #3 spot other than Bradley. Beating Marquez is a superb win to have and adds to a now growing legacy. Lets not forget he's still undefeated and has champion after champion on his resume. He has the best record outside of Floyd, better even than Wards, however he isn't as far ahead of his competition which bumps him to 3rd and not 2nd.

I don't like his style, I think he's boring and to be fair the fact he's in the division makes him boring. He doesn't entertain me, but you cannot use a dislike of his style to detract from his career. Happens too often in these parts.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 4 Nov - 13:21

Exactly Jabby.

People should have Ward based at 53 or something if they think Bradley is boring!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 13:21

mobilemaster8 wrote:Reeborn speaks sense. Completely agree.
Don't know what has got hold of him today....

Afternoon Jabby............Looking like the consensus is with Bradley after a slow start............

Or maybe I'm up to fifteen aliases and counting.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 4 Nov - 13:23

yeh, think i'm guilty over over-hitting Tim maybe.

just doesn't feel 'right' to have him at 3.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 4 Nov - 13:24

I don't think Bradley is the third best fighter on the planet. But, given his last three years, if he doesn't make the top three it makes a mockery of the system, doesn't it?

My gripe lies here: after Bradley beat Pacquaio, Manny kept his #2 spot, obviously because Ring felt he quite clearly won that fight. Hence they didn't really acknowledge it as a Bradley win.

But jump 18 months, now Bradley is top 3. Can't see how he gets there unless Ring suddenly feel he beat Pacquaio. Seems like inconsistent judging of the criteria (whatever that is).
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 13:25

TopHat24/7 wrote:yeh, think i'm guilty over over-hitting Tim maybe.

just doesn't feel 'right' to have him at 3.
You've gone from sticking the boot in...........To this...

I like it.......What happens when you play the man and not the ball.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 4 Nov - 13:28

Not like I've thrown the towel in. Still can't justify #3 for a guy so conclusively beaten by Manny.

As Kingy says, I just don't think Bradley is the third best fighter on the planet. He just gets a lot of things going his way.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 13:30

TopHat24/7 wrote:So far everyone else on this thread thinks Bradley #3 is a joke.  But then, of course, their opinions will undoubtedly be disregarded as they don't fall into line with your own.
I welcome all opinions.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 4 Nov - 13:32

Ward had been out as long as mayweather retirement. I'm not sure he still deserves the unchallenged ranking he's given, I think a fighter should have fought within a year.
I'd have rigo at 2.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 13:39

He's only got one decent win.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 4 Nov - 13:40

Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Andre Ward
Timothy Bradley
Wladimir Klitschko
Sergio Martinez
Juan Manuel Marquez
Manny Pacquiao
Adrien Broner
Saul Alvarez
Guillermo Rigondeaux

After the top 2 the list is all over the place. Obviously Golden Boy are still able to milk Alverez, only reason he is still in the Top 10. What has Broner done to be No.8.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 4 Nov - 13:41

Looks like a decent list to me.............

Think GGG and Stephenson will be knocking on the door soon......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next