The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Tour Finals Day 2 - Nadal, Federer and Djokovic

+19
socal1976
JuliusHMarx
Danny_1982
Haddie-nuff
Johnyjeep
hawkeye
CAS
slashermcguirk
Henman Bill
Liam
LuvSports!
Jahu
Roger Laver
laverfan
Leonard777
kingraf
walktall2209
Born Slippy
HM Murdock
23 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

World Tour Finals Day 2 - Nadal, Federer and Djokovic - Page 8 Empty World Tour Finals Day 2 - Nadal, Federer and Djokovic

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 9:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Tennis fans it is a marquee day today. I can't help but think what a jammy git Danny is to be able view both matches today and also CAS will be there later on when Federer and Djokovic lock horns.

Well today looks to be a bit special.

We have Nadal v Ferrer a rematch from Paris. Can the terrier sink his teeth into Nadal once again and produce another upset? Or will Nadal show up and inflict defeat number 21?

We then have for the main event Federer v Djokovic again another rematch from Paris. Can Roger at the tournament he has dominated Serbinate the Serbinator? Or will Djokovic crush the Swiss maestro.

The sad thing is I won't be able to watch either so a live commentary will be much appreciated and do feel free to discuss all things related to today's place.

Dodgy knees, dodgy backs, dodgy breathing, dodgy racquets. Anything dodgy goes. As the song goes if it is good enough for you, it's good enough for me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

World Tour Finals Day 2 - Nadal, Federer and Djokovic - Page 8 Empty Re: World Tour Finals Day 2 - Nadal, Federer and Djokovic

Post by laverfan Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:17 pm

JHM… Thanks for holding the fort. Very admirably at that!

I suggest we enjoy the fantastic Tennis still to come.

Nadal YE1#. Yahoo

Berdych back in contention. World Tour Finals Day 2 - Nadal, Federer and Djokovic - Page 8 3845856932

Ferrer has been banished unless there is a miracle. Crying or Very sad (that too after a Paris 2013 Final).

The fun in the other half awaits tomorrow's eve.

@KR… think of Gandhi, who spent a many a year in your back yard. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

World Tour Finals Day 2 - Nadal, Federer and Djokovic - Page 8 Empty Re: World Tour Finals Day 2 - Nadal, Federer and Djokovic

Post by Born Slippy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:29 pm

I see Stan laid into Rafa for Toni's coaching today. I didn't see it but sounds like the umpire let him get away with it because he had already given a time-wasting warning. Much as I admire Rafa, the cheating has to be stamped out.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:10 am

Danny_1982 wrote:
CAS wrote:The match was stunning, shame Federer lost it but I'm glad I am now able to say IMO I watched the greatest player that ever lived live. Danny where were you sitting?  I was in block 113 just to the right of the Umpire. You are so right about federers slice it was devastating and should have used it more
CAS - I was in block 408. On the second tier but right at the front. It was at the end they walked out, but the other corner... If that makes sense. I had a great view of the Federer backhand slice to the Novak backhand, and it was so effective but he used it so rarely. It was actually quite frustrating. I know he doesn't use that slice against Rafa very often as Rafa plays it well, but I felt he could have won if he'd used it more last night.

Glad you enjoyed it too. That second set was incredible to see live. So much tension.
I was just over in 410 with one of the kids I coach. Always incredible to see the pace at which the game is played at the professional level. The atmosphere was quite staggering in the arena, wasn't it? The reaction at the end of the second set nearly took the roof off!

Two areas that impressed me hugely: Novak's return, and Roger's forehand when he wound it up. The former is ridiculously consistent, constantly put to within a foot of the baseline - surely one of the greatest shots in the history of the sport? And Fed's forehand speaks for itself. I couldn't believe the speed through the ball he managed to generate, and it absolutely rockets off the racquet. It's hard to describe accurately and do it justice.

(Agree about the slice too, tons of action on that shot.)

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Nov 2013, 3:04 am

If I were the moderator of the tennis section I would ban the lot of yer then put me feet up and listen to some music.Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:07 am

Just read the chaos on at the other place. clap JHM.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:15 am

It wasn't my intention to cause chaos LK. I hadn't expected it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:17 am

There seems to be bags of poop everywhere. I think it's brilliant and I salute you.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:24 am

It was an absolute trainwreck last night, though. Some stand alone comments on here deserve an internet award of sort, really. SoCal calling Federer the Swiss Yahweh remains the funniest thing I've read....
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 07 Nov 2013, 4:46 pm

kingraf wrote:It was an absolute trainwreck last night, though. Some stand alone comments on here deserve an internet award of sort, really. SoCal calling Federer the Swiss Yahweh remains the funniest thing I've read....
Oh that is a golden oldie Kf, I feel like somehow I was the catalyst to that trainwreck, it is slightly amusing how the temperature elevated as soon as I entered the fray. We just have to chalk it up to my charm and winning personality I suppose.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 07 Nov 2013, 4:49 pm

socal1976 wrote:
kingraf wrote:It was an absolute trainwreck last night, though. Some stand alone comments on here deserve an internet award of sort, really. SoCal calling Federer the Swiss Yahweh remains the funniest thing I've read....
Oh that is a golden oldie Kf, I feel like somehow I was the catalyst to that trainwreck, it is slightly amusing how the temperature elevated as soon as I entered the fray. We just have to chalk it up to my charm and winning personality I suppose.
No socal you have been nominated for  the Forum Wooden Spoon Award:  Laugh

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 07 Nov 2013, 5:02 pm

LOL! Haddie gladly accepted it takes all types to make a forum.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8