The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: McGladrey Fireworks?: Notes from the Ballwasher

+11
puligny
BlueCoverman
Shotrock
twoeightnine
MontysMerkin
super_realist
robopz
Roller_Coaster
McLaren
GPB
kwinigolfer
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PGA Tour: McGladrey Fireworks?: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 2 Empty PGA Tour: McGladrey Fireworks?: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

1).Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
Kuchar, Zach Johnson and Love(III) . . . . .

Yup, it's time for fireworks and a trip to the "Golden Isles" of Georgia, and Sea Island's lovely Seaside Course, originally a Harry Colt/Alison 9-holer, more recently reworked and added to by Tom Fazio.
The place usually looks a picture and, weather permitting, we'll be in for a bonfire full of birdies and eagles.

2).Last week's Shanghai shenanigans was all about the big Banger, Dustin Johnson, with Paulina in close attendance trying to figure out exactly what $1.4M might buy.
Only Dustin's Iowa cousin Zach (10), among Americans born BT (before Tiger) ((Edit, GPB and McLaren point out this should read A.T., After Tiger, mucho apologies to the Johnsons)) has more wins than DJ's eight; that's his seventh straight season with a win, and a trivia question for fifty years hence:
"Which Tour player won his seasonal debut in consecutive seasons, but in the same year?".

3).If Dustin's the Banger, Ian Poulter is surely the Sparkler. Both his PGA Tour wins have been in WGC's and his four runner ups were at:
The Open.
The Players.
2 x WGC's (also the 2006 American Express)

Perhaps he has terminal ADD at "regular" Tour events, but you'd hope this track record might better focus him for Major success soon? Pinehurst??

4).Phil Mickelson is the only WGC:HSBC Champions winner and, with few exceptions, the US entry has fared poorly in Shanghai:
2009: Phil wins: Moore (3rd), Watney (5th), Woods (T6), Kim (T10) and Perez (T10) in the Top 18.
2010: Only Woods (T6) in Top 20.
2011: Only Mahan (T7) in the Top 10.
2012: Runners up galore! Dufner, Phil, Piercy, plus Haas (10) and Sneds (T11) in the Top 15.
2013: DJ wins: Bubba (T8) and his schoolmate Boo (T11), plus Phil (14) and Pieth (17) in the Top 20.

Hopefully more Americans get their passports working for 2014.

5).Time out for a few Champions Tour notes following last week's season-ending Charles Schwab Championship held at San Francisco's Harding Park, a gorgeous public course; 18 holes will cost a resident $40.00.
Fred Couples won the event, Kenny Perry banked $1M for season-long achievement measured by a points system, and Langer pocketed $2.4M as season money winner (that's $12.5M and counting for his Champo career).

6).Mark O'Meara had a good week, tied for second, but let the chip on his shoulder stir up some controversy from his pulpit. I paraphrase:
"Nothing against Fred (of course not), but I've won more Majors than him, won more Tour events than him. And he's in the Hall of Fame and I'm not. I haven't been invited to Captain Presidents Cup teams or Ryder Cup teams (hardly surprising that one)."

7).In the wake of 2013's induction of Couples, Montgomerie and Ken Schofield there have been increasing complaints, led by Ray Floyd, from HOF Members that "enshrinement" has become devalued. (And surely they have a point.) Commentator Lanny Wadkins expressed sympathy and then lamented that he felt his own induction was belated. Which is stretching a point.
Meanwhile, the Hall of Fame had already announced that it will suspend any further inductions until at least 2015.

8).Tim Finchem received good news from California as Farmers Insurance announced a five-year extension to their sponsorship of the San Diego Open.
His announcement of a collaboration in China which will offer five web.com cards following this season, however, has stirred up twitterage from mini-Tour golfers concerned that exemptions (and tee times) are being offered to all and overseas sundry, at their expense. They're right!

9)."The McGladrey Classic" owes its existence in large part to tournament host Davis Love and Zach Johnson, both local residents as are many others such as Kuchar, Kirk and English. Webb Simpson yipped away a winning chance in 2011 and should still be in top form, while this course has been good to David Toms in the past.
Robert Karlsson gets a rare start while Clarke, Davis and Knox complete the GB challenge.

10).The fireworks last year were launched by Two Gloves Gainey who torched the Seaside Course for a record-setting 60 and won by one shot.
Meanwhile, two contemporaries of Guy Fawkes, Calcavecchia and Funk, are in the field, although it remains to be seen whether in effigy or not.

Last edited by kwinigolfer on Wed 06 Nov 2013, 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: McGladrey Fireworks?: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 2 Empty Re: PGA Tour: McGladrey Fireworks?: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by puligny Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:18 pm

I like what I've seen, but most of the coverage is recorded for some down time watching next week.

Jamie - the boy done good, and doing good quite regularly now. AND what about the Silkmen giving Swindon a good thwacking!!! Gillingham or Brackley standing in the way of a trip somewhere exotic, like Stoke, or London. Cardiff for sure won't be relishing another trip to the Moss Rose!! Life is good!

puligny

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: McGladrey Fireworks?: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 2 Empty Re: PGA Tour: McGladrey Fireworks?: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:27 pm

Pompey duffed up by the powerhouse that is Stevenage - OK, now we can concentrate on the Johnstone Paints.

Holes running out for Timmy, looks like Chris Kirk could score his second win. You'd think he'd kick on a bit more than he has done so far. Good player.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:29 pm

GPB wrote:...If he should happen to win, I wonder what superficial feature the 606v2 minions will be snarky about.

He does not have 9 chins.
I don't think he is a god-botherer
He is fit and trim.
My girlfriend thinks he good-looking
He doesn't appear to be a slow player.

I am sure they will find something...
Nine chins (I mean the physical attribute, not Woods) is not good.
Being a God-botherer is not good.
No problem with 'fit and trim'.
Not sure I care if your GF thinks he's a good looker.
Not being a slow player is good.

Not sure what your point is here GPB....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:48 pm

NBS:

I don't why anyone would be snarky about a guy who allegedly has nine chins.  I am not a Woods fan by any stretch, but I am not critical of anything as superficial as appearance.

As far as God-Bothering, if a US player ever thanks God, it is fodder for instant ridicule on this board.  They scrutinized every word, and it is monkey they can never shed.  But it is seems to be ignored if it a Euro (ie Bernhard Langer).

Ditto Slow Play.

I am American fan, but I do not feel the need to snark on every Euro player.  I am even a fan of many Euros like Rory, Luke, and Jimenez.    I certainly don't feel the need to criticize any of them that have a successful week.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 10 Nov 2013, 7:52 pm

Very likely that Rob Karlsson will be one shot shy of reaching the all-important (to him) top ten, and thence a ticket to Mayakoba. Becoming a bit of a PGA Tour nearly man. Unfortunately.

Good finish by Knox, improving his reshuffle status every week it seems.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:17 pm

GPB wrote:NBS:

I don't why anyone would be snarky about a guy who allegedly has nine chins.  I am not a Woods fan by any stretch, but I am not critical of anything as superficial as appearance.

As far as God-Bothering, if a US player ever thanks God, it is fodder for instant ridicule on this board.  They scrutinized every word, and it is monkey they can never shed.  But it is seems to be ignored if it a Euro (ie Bernhard Langer).

Ditto Slow Play.

I am American fan, but I do not feel the need to snark on every Euro player.  I am even a fan of many Euros like Rory, Luke, and Jimenez.    I certainly don't feel the need to criticize any of them that have a successful week.
Fair comment. However, nine chins, if literal rather than a poke at Woods, can't be good! Lowry gets his fair share from here you have to admit.

I think Langer's God-bothering is as daft as any U.S. player's but I guess he doesn't (and never did from what I recall) mention it in public as a reason for winning anything.

Who said a Euro player's slow play is ignored here? Don't be so daft.

By all means defend your Countrymen but don't assume everyone here dislikes and is biased against anything American Ale. I frequent The Sandtrap, which is obviously U.S.-based and the general tenor is to be down, generally, on non-U.S. cf. U.S. players. Goes with the territory I guess.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 10 Nov 2013, 8:54 pm

Complete Horlicks on #16 by Stadler may offer a glimmer of hope to Karlsson after all.

Matt Every sure to receive a letter from Tim Finchem - what a wally he seems to be. Bags of ability, but struggles to maintain composure. Probably needs a joint.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 10 Nov 2013, 9:23 pm

Well done Chris Kirk, and Thank You Kevin Stadler as your 18th green brain fart sends Karlsson to Mexico.

Chris Kirk has a touch of the Geoff Ogilvys about him in his demeanour about the course, don't you think? Anyway, a good chance for him to take his game to the next level.

And more runner up finishes for Baird (6th) and Clark (12th and for gawd knows how many consecutive seasons).

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 10 Nov 2013, 9:24 pm

GPB wrote:NBS:

Ditto Slow Play.

Do they deserve anything less? I'm sure we have a few of them over here, but America has far more indoctrinated, fundamentalist, evangealist, creationist, hypocritial, idiotic morons.

America will catch up with the rest of the civilised world soon Laugh

Remember Jonathan Edwards, Triple Jumper? He cringes with embarassment now at the arrogance he showed about his "faith", or gullibility as it is more commonly known.
He's seen the light now though, and doesn't believe in celestial dictators.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 10 Nov 2013, 10:46 pm

super, I guess you must be praying to somebody when trying to maintain the North Sea production level..? Laugh

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:16 am

I can't imagine why any sane person would ridicule someone for having faith.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:44 am

GPB wrote:I can't imagine why any sane person would ridicule someone for having faith.
Headscratch  ShockedErmsteam 

Sheeeit:

I will leave this one for super.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 Nov 2013, 7:51 am

GPB wrote:I can't imagine why any sane person would ridicule someone for having faith.
Put simply, faith is the excuse people give when they have no good reason to believe in something. It's shorthand for gullible.
If you had a good reason, you wouldn't need faith.

What would be the reaction if a winner stood up to the mic and thanked the invisible pet dragon in his pocket for helping him through the tournament. Ridicule.

No different from what Webb Simpson and all the other bible bashers do.

Believe in what you want, but don't bring it out in public and expect not to be laughed at for such preposterous beliefs and being arrogant enough to suggest any celestial supernatural overseer would favour helping you getting a ball in a hole over saving lives from those in a natural disaster, genocide etc

It's a disgusting, immoral, conceited, smug and hateful belief. So yes, I will ridicule someone for being so dishonest and credulous.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 11 Nov 2013, 9:06 am

reasons for ridicule on the golf forum:

being religious
being Irish
being fat
having an excessive amount of chins
being Tim Finchem
having lego hair
having pube hair
having no hair
and so on.

so you see GPB its not just the faithful or the americans that get a hard time here. .

incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 Nov 2013, 9:11 am

Exactly Inco, No one is immune from ribbing.
I get ridiculed for my lack of leg over, I don't cry about it though.

Being a god botherer though is by far the worst.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 11 Nov 2013, 9:21 am

super_realist wrote:Exactly Inco, No one is immune from ribbing.
I get ridiculed for my lack of leg over, I don't cry about it though.

Being a god botherer though is by far the worst.
Really, does humping a lubed up armband rammed between the cushions of your sofa not get a little soul destroying?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 Nov 2013, 9:22 am

Good suggestion Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon 11 Nov 2013, 9:55 am

super_realist wrote:Good suggestion Mac.
Only if by good you mean deeply disturbing and way too detailed to be a mental invention.

Well done to Chris Kirk - although I didn't watch much of it because:

1. It wasn't a great field.
2. The coverage on TV was dire.
3. Much of the last round was on the red button, meaning I couldn't use Sky+ to make the coverage any less dire.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:21 am

Bob_the_Job wrote:
super_realist wrote:Good suggestion Mac.
Only if by good you mean deeply disturbing and way too detailed to be a mental invention.
Just what I was thinking...

Bob_the_Job wrote:Well done to Chris Kirk - although I didn't watch much of it because:

1. It wasn't a great field.
2. The coverage on TV was dire.
3. Much of the last round was on the red button, meaning I couldn't use Sky+ to make the coverage any less dire.
Excellent. Back on topic. Let's not corrupt one of Kwini's excellent threads anymore...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:29 pm

Anything to engage a few posters, so long as that power does not corrupt absolutely!

Bob,
I don't know how you get the coverage; I think this was a joint NBC/Golf Channel effort. Not too bad I felt although Golf Channel still haven't got their story continuity quite right.
Nonetheless, an entertaining enough tournament to watch in lovely surroundings (although perhaps we heard too much about that), and some good stories in there too.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:42 pm

Kwini - Sky in the UK over Sat.

I usually set the golf to record, then start watching it 2 hours after it begins. This means I can skip the ads, the really inane drivel talked by the people in the studio and the swing analysis carried out by Denis Pugh... I have enough demons in my head swing wise without him adding more. I usually catch up just at the end of 4 hours coverage. Most PGA golf I watch is the joint offering, and I can't remember which of them is worse, but I know one shows an average of 3 shots between ad/continuity/drivel breaks and I'm just not that tolerant.

I did watch a bit of it live, and the course looked interesting and fun to play, but not as pretty as Harbour Town (which it sort of reminded me of layout and feel wise).
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 Nov 2013, 1:19 pm

thumbsup 
Bob,
Not far from Harbour Town (about one hour north of Savannah), Sea Island an hour south.
I LOVE Harbour Town; big difference is that most of Harbour Town is tree-lined - both offer more strategy than most PGA Tour tracks, which is a refreshing change.

Yup, ad breaks out of control, and that's when they seem to have disconnects; must be even worse when your production is overlaid on top of it. A bit like our European Tour coverage.

It's why a 60-minute NFL game takes over three hours to play I suppose.

Mayakoba this coming week and that's also a well-regarded course, allegedly one of Greg Norman's better efforts. Looking forward to it, but not such a good field unfortunately.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 Nov 2013, 2:14 pm

Confirmation this morning that Robert Karlsson has been added to the Mayakoba field.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Mon 11 Nov 2013, 3:16 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Mayakoba this coming week and that's also a well-regarded course, allegedly one of Greg Norman's better efforts. Looking forward to it, but not such a good field unfortunately.
But still not bad enough that all the category 25 web.com playoff grads are gonna get in....  As it stands now...  down through 35 out of 48 of category 25 have gotten in... with 7 spots to fill... four 4-spotters and 3 more...

As of now... Daniel Chopra, Mark Anderson, Kevin Foley, Matt Bettencourt, Will Wilcox and Benjamin Alvarado have ZERO starts out of category 25 this year, and aren't listed in Mayakoba as of yet... Another 5 players will have had only one start.

Note: The above doesn't include the zero starts for Cantlay who is out by injury.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 Nov 2013, 3:53 pm

robo,
It seems to me that the "rump" of the Tour have got this "wraparound" season pretty well sussed out - make as much hay as you can while the top dogs and foreign legion are away.
Not all will prosper, of course, but there are a few dozen middle-of-the-roaders that will have piled up 100 points or more. Those who have won much more will be able to better plan the rest of their season.
It even will apply to top players - interesting to hear Webb Simpson saying his early successes will enable him to take some weeks off on the West Coast that he would normally feel obligated to play. Add in the freebies he and Dustin (for instance) will get from Kapalua and they can just focus all their attentions on favourite venues and WGC/Majors.
And the WTF guys who began at the top of the reshuffle (like Knox for instance) are only strengthening their position and, at the same time, making it more difficult for the Lovemarks of this world to catch up.

PS: Think Wilcox is taking mental health months, incl the WTF's. No editorial comment, just reporting!!

PPS!: There will be one or two biggish names who flunk out at the end of the year, most likely two-tour guys. Don't say we didn't warn you, Nicolas, Peter, Gonzo, Lee.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Mon 11 Nov 2013, 4:31 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:PS: Think Wilcox is taking mental health months, incl the WTF's. No editorial comment, just reporting!!
Correct on that, but I doubt he would have gotten into anything anyway... with the possible exception of this past week where he has some connections. And as far as his issues... it gets a bit worrisome (in a Daly-ish sort of way) when a guy's already into his 2nd extended "slay the demons time out" within 9 months. But hey, wish him the best.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 Nov 2013, 5:12 pm

. . . . . . . No, but he might have done had he entered the WTF's!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Mon 11 Nov 2013, 5:57 pm

kwinigolfer wrote: . . . . . . . No, but he might have done had he entered the WTF's!
True dat

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 Nov 2013, 10:22 pm

A number of over-50 golfers of one-time distinction competing in Final Stage Q-School for the Champions Tour, including several Europeans, among them Farry, Forsbrand, Luna, Martin, Golding, Lane, Mouland and Steen Tinning
Field:

http://www.pgatour.com/content/dam/pgatour/docs/pdf/2013/11/2013%20CTQS%20FINALS%20-%20CONTESTANT%20%20LIST.pdf

Some of those listed, including Forsbrand (Glasson, Pate, Wood and some others) already have conditional status.

A couple of puzzlers:
*I was surprised Gene Jones, last year's Q-School "medallist" failed to make the field for many late-season events. Is there a reshuffle responsible for that?
*And I see that Willie Wood is included despite his two wins in 2012, but Roger Chapman is not. Does this mean Chapman merely chose not to compete, or are Majors treated differently from run-of-the-mill Champo events?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Tue 12 Nov 2013, 1:11 am

Kwini... Thought bubble on Will Willcox...

As you are probably aware... the PGA Tour's Anti-Doping Policy requires the Tour to make public disclosure of any positive tests or sanctions for Performance Enhancing Drugs....

But the policy is also clear that positive tests for Non-PED "drugs of abuse" (recreational drugs) may result in sanctions that may or may not be made public... and those sanctions for drugs of abuse can include fines, required re-hab... and up to and including suspensions.

This was Will's statement when he pulled out of the WTF's... "I really appreciate everyone's nice messages and support the last few weeks. 2013 has been a great year on the web.com tour and I accomplished many of my goals. I am really excited for the 2014 PGA Tour season. At this time, with the support of my family and management team, I have decided to take some time off for personal reasons and to really prepare for the 2014 season. My plan is to return to the PGA Tour in January. Thanks again for your support and I can't wait for the 2014 PGA Tour season!"

Take the above with his prior effort earlier this year to "make life changes" (http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/news/2013/04/28/life-changes-for-wilcox-lead-to-success.html)... and one might wonder a bit. And by the way... this is ALL speculation on my part... I have not received so much as a hint from anybody he's been suspended... but in light of Vijay's attorney's statements, and circumstances surrounding Wilcox... it's at least something that make you go hmmmmm....

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Tue 12 Nov 2013, 1:20 am

kwinigolfer wrote:A couple of puzzlers:
*I was surprised Gene Jones, last year's Q-School "medallist" failed to make the field for many late-season events. Is there a reshuffle responsible for that?
Kwini...  Yes there is a reshuffle late in the Champions Tour season ... I don't know if that explains the Jones situation or not... or exactly when it was in 2013... but I do know in 2012 it was August 20 with 5 "open" events remaining...  Here is the "criteria" from 2012... (notice underlined portions)

The Final 2012 Reorder Category has been established using the current Champions Tour Money List through the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open.

Priority order within this category will not change for the remainder of the season. Per Champions Tour Tournament Regulations , all Champions Tour players, not otherwise exempt, 75th or better on the Current Year Official Champions Tour Money List, along with the top 12 finishers of the Champions Tour National Qualifying Tournament for the 2012 season and members remaining eligible via the Special Medical Extension Category, shall be ranked in order based upon each player’s position on the current year Official Champions Tour Money List as of August 20, 2012 (i.e. through completion of the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open).

For the last five (5) cosponsored, open events of the year, the Reorder Category simply takes the place of the National Qualifying Tournament Category. Fields will be established using the standard eligibility criteria with players gaining access into Champions Tour open, full-field tournaments via their highest priority category as of the commitment deadline.

EDIT: And checking back... the Champions Tour reshuffle was  July 5 in 2011... Aug 22 in 2010... Aug 31 in 2009....

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 12 Nov 2013, 1:44 am

robo,
You're a star, thanks for all that Champo Tour insight.

The Wilcox thing sums up so much of what has been said among senior pros on the PGA Tour about the lack of Tour transparency regarding fines, suspensions etc. Good for Every and Sabbatini for coming clean, but who really knows with Wilcox.
And then there's Jonathan Kaye whose promising career was summarily derailed. But by whom? Kaye?? The Tour??? Who knows, at least until he reveals all.
Are there any other Kayes out there I wonder.

PS: I see one of the independent contractors has given the Independent Contractor's tournament the elbow. No doubt the organizers and networks will be happy to see Paulina in the field instead.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Tue 12 Nov 2013, 2:45 am

kwinigolfer wrote:The Wilcox thing sums up so much of what has been said among senior pros on the PGA Tour about the lack of Tour transparency regarding fines, suspensions etc. Good for Every and Sabbatini for coming clean, but who really knows with Wilcox.
And then there's Jonathan Kaye whose promising career was summarily derailed. But by whom? Kaye?? The Tour??? Who knows, at least until he reveals all.
Are there any other Kayes out there I wonder.
I never heard of any serious issues with Kaye after that deal at Kingsmill...  But there were always lots of little ones.... and he had the support of the players all along.  Bizarre as it sounds... I think his career was ultimately derailed by a big toe (the one originally damaged in that college rollover accident). He was coming off a great 2005... but started having serious issues with it in 2006, the lost all of 2007 to it... a good portion of 2008... and was never the same after that (and after having failed to meet the terms of his major medical in 2009).

As a curious individual... I'd like to know about the fines and other discipline as well... but I see both sides... and don't have an issue with the current policy of privacy... UNTIL it gets to the level of suspensions which IMO should be announced.  

kwinigolfer wrote:PS: I see one of the independent contractors has given the Independent Contractor's tournament the elbow. No doubt the organizers and networks will be happy to see Paulina in the field instead.
Yeah... I was surprised to see EE's name in the WC field when they first released it, especially with the NedBank going official this year. I hope to make the WC this year... not in any working capacity or anything... but I might be in L.A. to visit a son and would enjoy just spectating for a day maybe....

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 12 Nov 2013, 2:53 am

kwinigolfer wrote:PS: I see one of the independent contractors has given the Independent Contractor's tournament the elbow. No doubt the organizers and networks will be happy to see Paulina in the field instead.
I take it that means someone is out of Tigers tournament? But who.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Tue 12 Nov 2013, 10:43 am

McLaren wrote:
I take it that means someone is out of Tigers tournament?  But who.
Ernie Els dropped out of Tiger's tournament to play in the NedBank instead... He was replaced in the WC field by Dustin Johnson...

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 12 Nov 2013, 1:35 pm

Nedbank site showing 15 players (plus Els now). Given it's in 3 weeks, when will the other names come out (or are they out but not on the main site)?

Think I'd accept a $100k payday for coming last if they're struggling...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Tue 12 Nov 2013, 2:47 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:Nedbank site showing 15 players (plus Els now). Given it's in 3 weeks, when will the other names come out (or are they out but not on the main site)?

Think I'd accept a $100k payday for coming last if they're struggling...
Yeah... I'll play if they need somebody... I may stink up the joint... but I promise to be "entertaining".... Yahoo 

As for entries... It appears a lot of the NedBank invites are based on criteria that won't be decided until the end of R2D Dubai Final and other rankings/measures as of November 18th and/or 25th....  See: http://www.nedbankgolfchallenge.com/content.aspx?id=112354

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 12 Nov 2013, 2:57 pm

Word on RotoWorld that Messrs Noren (wrist), Oosthuizen (facet joint procedure), Sterne (hip) are all scheduled for medical procedures/surgery within the coming month.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 12 Nov 2013, 4:57 pm

So all of a sudden Ernie Els decides to go to Saf instead of SoCal....? It's not like it's just around the corner. Yet he still whines about the ET Final Series.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 12 Nov 2013, 5:14 pm

pedro,
It sounds as if there might be a family gig-of-convenience that Ernie has going.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2