The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As I looked over Jordan what did I see? (and other songs for Swinging lovers)

4 posters

Go down

As I looked over Jordan what did I see? (and other songs for Swinging lovers) Empty As I looked over Jordan what did I see? (and other songs for Swinging lovers)

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 10 Nov 2013, 9:36 am

Can England complete the job that France started and retain the Hillary Cup?

And no, it's not that Jordan.

My team:
Corbisiero, Hartley, Cole,
Parling, Lawes
Wood, Robshaw, Morgan
Care, Farrell
Yarde, Twelvetrees, Burrell, Wade
Brown

Youngs, Wilson, Marler
Launcbury, B. Vunipola
Care, Flood, Brown Goode.

Lancaster won't agree, but that's my band of angels.

Last edited by Portnoy's Complaint on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

As I looked over Jordan what did I see? (and other songs for Swinging lovers) Empty Re: As I looked over Jordan what did I see? (and other songs for Swinging lovers)

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 10 Nov 2013, 9:46 am

Lancaster will probably see the wisdom in not having both Care and Brown starting and on the bench at the same time Whistle

On a more serious note, we know Lancaster is reluctant to make too many changes, particularly to a winning side. I would expect Corbs back in, clearly they were testing his fitness yesterday, and he did perfectly fine, he's a class above Marler so he starts. Hartley did very well, expect him to keep his spot. Other than that, I thought Dickson had a good first half, there was genuine intent to ship the ball on quickly, and I expect him to get another start. The wings will change, provided fitness of Yarde and Wade. Don't expect the centre combo to change though, or the second row.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

As I looked over Jordan what did I see? (and other songs for Swinging lovers) Empty Re: As I looked over Jordan what did I see? (and other songs for Swinging lovers)

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 10 Nov 2013, 10:47 am

Well it is only a 'friendly', MfC. Ashton actually played quite well I thought but Andy Farrell's limited ambition game plan doesn't suit him and his talent is misapplied in the team.

Burrell needs a chance and Tompkins has been at best so-so.

Lawes was a little lucky yesterday as he did not get pinged for creeping the offside line. But I suppose that Ireland have used the same tactic for years without noticeable punishment. But Parling needs to be back to lead the pack.

The starting front row was rightly rested yesterday.

And Morgan needs the intense scrutiny of the ABs in the knowledge that Vunipola can be drafted in from the bench if he fails.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Sun 10 Nov 2013, 12:36 pm

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:Can England complete the job that France started and retain the Hillary Cup?

My team:
Parling, Lawes
Wood, Robshaw, Morgan
Care, Farrell
Brown

Youngs, Wilson, Marler
Launcbury, B. Vunipola
Care, Flood, Brown

Launchbury, Lawes
Wood, Robshaw, B Vunipola
Dickson, Farrell
Brown

Webber, Wilson, M Vunipola (if not fit then Marler)
Parling, Morgan
Youngs, Flood, Foden

You picked Brown in the fifteen and on the bench.
Tom Youngs needs to go back to his club and learn to throw in.  Although Parling is good at line outs he seems to lack energy.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 10 Nov 2013, 1:19 pm

Exiledinborders wrote:
Portnoy's Complaint wrote:Can England complete the job that France started and retain the Hillary Cup?

My team:
Parling, Lawes
Wood, Robshaw, Morgan
Care, Farrell
Brown

Youngs, Wilson, Marler
Launcbury, B. Vunipola
Care, Flood, Brown

Launchbury, Lawes
Dickson, Farrell
Brown

Parling, Morgan
Youngs, Flood, Foden

Tom Youngs needs to go back to his club and learn to throw in.  Although Parling is good at line outs he seems to lack energy.
Oops. Goode.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 1:23 pm

Exiledinborders wrote:

My team:
Parling, Lawes
Wood, Robshaw, Morgan
Care, Farrell
Brown

Youngs, Wilson, Marler
Launcbury, B. Vunipola
Care, Flood, Brown

Launchbury, Lawes
Dickson, Farrell
Brown

Parling, Morgan
Youngs, Flood, Foden

I'd go for that team Exiled, except I would have B Youngs in for Dickson.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 10 Nov 2013, 1:51 pm

Ben Youngs is going through another of his fallow phases. Let him find his form in the Jeff and the HEC first.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down