The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cory Hill confirmed to the Dragons

+7
ScarletSpiderman
Pyleboy65
SecretFly
munkian
Jhamer25
Coleman
The Saint
11 posters

Go down

Cory Hill confirmed to the Dragons Empty Cory Hill confirmed to the Dragons

Post by Guest Tue 12 Nov 2013, 5:02 pm

Former U20 captain has officially been confirmed as a new signing for the Dragons. Don't know much about him really. Anyone think this is an astute signing by Lyn Jones, or just us hoovering up the dregs who can't make headway in their original region (no offence Cory!).

Back to top Go down

Cory Hill confirmed to the Dragons Empty Re: Cory Hill confirmed to the Dragons

Post by The Saint Tue 12 Nov 2013, 7:17 pm

He is a good player and has all the minerals to become an international 2nd row in the near future, but was considered to be behind Downe and Cooke in the pecking order at the Blues... Surely we can assume it is another Blues management blunder.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 12 Nov 2013, 7:30 pm

If anyone can make a good player out of him it's Lyn. Always prefered him to Downe.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Tue 12 Nov 2013, 9:19 pm

I've heard a lot of this player. I would class it as a good investment, captain at U20's and highly talked about. Can't be a bad signing.
Dragons need more signings like this because in week positions like props, all they need to do is look around for some talent then can sign or ask for on loan.
Game time at a higher level than the premiership is what these young guns need.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Tue 12 Nov 2013, 9:20 pm

Coleman wrote:If anyone can make a good player out of him it's Lyn. Always prefered him to Downe.
Downe is a waist of space int he field, look scared every time i see him.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 13 Nov 2013, 12:15 pm

Griff wrote:Former U20 captain has officially been confirmed as a new signing for the Dragons. Don't know much about him really. Anyone think this is an astute signing by Lyn Jones, or just us hoovering up the dregs who can't make headway in their original region (no offence Cory!).

I think its another astute signing - Screech looks promissing for us, especially as our locks are getting on a bit.

We just need to keep an eye out for props now although Chaparo is a bit of a coup (for us anyway)

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 13 Nov 2013, 12:43 pm

The Saint wrote:He is a good player and has all the minerals to become an international 2nd row in the near future, but was considered to be behind Downe and Cooke in the pecking order at the Blues... Surely we can assume it is another Blues management blunder.
He's actually a little short on Chromium and Vanadium. But the Dragons dieticians will sort that out quickly enough.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyleboy65 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 3:46 pm

He is too small to become a top class second row but could help the Dragons out as a back up player. Also quite injury prone - believe he only played one game in the u20's world cup due to injury and think that is another reason the Blues let him go.

Pyleboy65

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:53 am

munkian wrote:
Griff wrote:Former U20 captain has officially been confirmed as a new signing for the Dragons. Don't know much about him really. Anyone think this is an astute signing by Lyn Jones, or just us hoovering up the dregs who can't make headway in their original region (no offence Cory!).
I think its another astute signing - Screech looks promissing for us, especially as our locks are getting on a bit.

We just need to keep an eye out for props now although Chaparo is a bit of a coup (for us anyway)

I would guess that Rhodri Jones will be looking to go to a region where he can get regular action, as he is sitting way down the pecking order at PYS (4th behind Lee, Adriaanse and Manu), but still getting involved with the welsh setup. I think his contract is up soon, and maybe a regular start at Dave Parade would see him climb up the welsh pecking order a bit more?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:12 am

I would say the blues should look at him but rumours are that we're bringing in a prop from nz.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:44 am

That's not a bad shout, SS.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:55 am

We'll have him !
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:58 am

Let's see how he goes against Ayerza first!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:42 pm

Yep lets get him to Dave,
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:20 pm

The Saint wrote:He is a good player and has all the minerals to become an international 2nd row in the near future, but was considered to be behind Downe and Cooke in the pecking order at the Blues... Surely we can assume it is another Blues management blunder.
Another blunder? Surely not coz how come nobody else seemed to show much interest in the summer other than an English championship club? And that brief stint didn't last long for some reason.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:51 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Another blunder? Surely not coz how come nobody else seemed to show much interest in the summer other than an English championship club? And that brief stint didn't last long for some reason.

The Ospreys didn't want Halfpenny, but look what happened. So these things happen. Blunder's probably the wrong word. Only time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:09 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
The Ospreys didn't want Halfpenny, but look what happened. So these things happen. Blunder's probably the wrong word. Only time will tell.
Quite right, but Cory Hill did at least feature for the bloos last season. Didn't work out for whatever reason, but at least youth is on his side.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:13 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
He showed a lot more potential than Cooke, I believe your time and money would have been better invested in Hill. This short stint so to speak, was actually short because Dragons bought him out of his contract. And BTW an English championship club is a professional club, so it was a step up from Pontypridd.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:01 pm

The Saint wrote:He showed a lot more potential than Cooke, I believe your time and money would have been better invested in Hill. This short stint so to speak, was actually short because Dragons bought him out of his contract. And BTW an English championship club is a professional club, so it was a step up from Pontypridd.
I wouldn't know. Best ask the bloos coaching team I suppose.
Yes the English championship is a step up, but how come no Aviva or Rabo side showed interest in the summer is my point?
Knock the bloos by all means. I do.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:05 pm

And Macauley Cook scores to beat the Os.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:57 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
The Saint wrote:He showed a lot more potential than Cooke, I believe your time and money would have been better invested in Hill. This short stint so to speak, was actually short because Dragons bought him out of his contract. And BTW an English championship club is a professional club, so it was a step up from Pontypridd.
Yes the English championship is a step up, but how come no Aviva or Rabo side showed interest in the summer is my point?
Do Aviva teams ever cherry pick from the Welsh Premiership though? You must be well proud of Cooke scoring in the joke competition. And why would I ask the bloos coaching team when we've already established that they're full of blunders?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:40 pm

The Saint wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Do Aviva teams ever cherry pick from the Welsh Premiership though? You must be well proud of Cooke scoring in the joke competition. And why would I ask the bloos coaching team when we've already established that they're full of blunders?
Dunno, don't give a fig and I hope it works out for Cory at the Drags.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down