The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James DeGale vs Chavez for WBC super middleweight?

+10
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hogey
Gerry SA
TopHat24/7
aja424
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
bellchees
azania
mobilemaster8
jimdig
14 posters

Go down

James DeGale vs Chavez for WBC super middleweight? Empty James DeGale vs Chavez for WBC super middleweight?

Post by jimdig Fri 15 Nov 2013, 7:52 am

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/boxing/story?storyId=9962517&src=desktop

Ok stick with me here, if DeGale beats Davis this weekend. He's been ordered to face Marco Antonio periban in a final eliminator. The winner of which faces Chavez for the WBC belt.

Will it matter, it looks like Chavez is being gifted the belt, and seeing as chunky won't have the power to KO Chavez. It looks like Chavez ends up with the belt.

Interesting though, because chunky has the skills to embarrass daddy's boy, and seeing as it'll be a high profile fight stateside, if chunky gets a shot it's win win for him.

I hope he gets in the ring with Chavez, that's a fight I'd like to see.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

James DeGale vs Chavez for WBC super middleweight? Empty Re: James DeGale vs Chavez for WBC super middleweight?

Post by jimdig Fri 15 Nov 2013, 7:53 am

Who have the WBC stolen the belt off?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

James DeGale vs Chavez for WBC super middleweight? Empty Re: James DeGale vs Chavez for WBC super middleweight?

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:16 am

Id say De Gale by points....wide

Can easily box all day long and should embarrass him

my concern is his power and chavez chin! If he stays composed and does NOT fight on the ropes like he has been, then he wins.

If he fights like he has been then he may get stopped late....hope not.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:42 am

Chavez by wide UD .................... after losing every round.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:47 am

If Degale just lays on the ropes like he's prone to doing then I think Chavez would win a legitimate decision, he'll outweigh Degale by a lot on fight night and will happily just lean on Degale and punch inaccurately around the body and arms and could win on output alone. If Degale actually boxes like he is capable of and moves around the ring and uses his hand speed he'll easily out box Chavez and still lose a wide decision.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:03 am

Hahaha az!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:18 am

Well regardless of how the fight pans out chavez wins

With unbiased judges,  yes,  I'd probably pip degale but only jusy

It's easy to beat chavez as he barely has the stamina to put attacks together so keep him at arms length and throw lots of punches and you will rack up the points.  People allude to Degales lack of power but Zbik and Vera were soft punchers and both out worked chavez and should have won imo

If he does stay on the ropes he will be in trouble as Chavez is a great body puncher,  but degale can throw his own body shots which will slow chavez down even more

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:23 am

Chavez will take this opportunity and win,especially as the WBC would line degale up as a gimme for chavez. Chavez is poor against world level opposition,should do well against degale though.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:27 am

Giant step up for JdG, fair play if he gets it.

I share Azania's cynicism though, think this is uncle sully trying to gift JCCjr a belt again.

Can DeGale out box him? I'm sure he can. Can he ko him? I'm sure he cannot. But as others have said, JdG has looked ropey recently and if he fights like that against JCCjr I can see a perfectly legitimate decision going the Mexican's way.

That said, I've a sneaking suspicion JdG is the kind of person that needs the spotlight and attention and will perform best when most tested, therefore his below-par performances in Essex leisure centres may not be indicative of how he'd fight in a huge match-up against someone like JCCjr in the bright lights of Vegas or Atlantic City etc.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:15 am

De Gale vs Chavez Jr would be for the right to face Sakio Bika(current WBC champion, after Ward had his title stripped) or Anthony Dirrell(who's facing Bika on Dec 7).

If Dirrell wins the title(he's levels above Bika), Chavez Jr/De Gale will be easily outclassed.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:25 am

Chavez by stoppage or brutal Ko in 6 rounds.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:32 am

I'll be shocked if Chavez Jr is even able to make 168!!!!!!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:44 am

Chavez vs Froch would be something if like to see.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:56 am

yea, both as slow as each other. Would be interesting.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:31 pm

Chavez by knock out. DeGale doesn't have the stamina to keep Chavez off him. after outboxing him for 8 rounds, I expect he gets caught on the ropes

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:42 pm

Dirrell will be stripped by the WBC for not acknowledging JCCJr in the street or for holding an IBF USA Title or some such garbage.

THAT's how Junior will get the belt.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 6:55 pm

Degale Points win, if the judges let him. be a tough fight though..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 15 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm

Degale would need a big improvement on his recent performances,never fought anyone near Chavez's level.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down