The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if.....(not for the easily offended)

+12
MidnightToker
GSC
Kay Fabe
RinoGattuso
psycho-gooner
MetalMotty
Mr H
theundisputedY2D2
JamesLincs
Mr Video Man
Hero
Adam D
16 posters

Go down

What if.....(not for the easily offended) Empty What if.....(not for the easily offended)

Post by Adam D Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:37 am

As its Friday, I thought I would offer up a discussion that is going to be a little out there.

Please note that some of you might find some of these comments insensitive and offensive but please do remember that this is just a discussion and shouldnt be taken seriously!!

So what is the "what if...." topic?

What if.....Benoit hadnt killed himself after killing his wife and son?

What would have happened next with:

Benoit himself
The WWEs image
Wrestling in general

Is it better that he did kill himself?

Over to you!!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

What if.....(not for the easily offended) Empty Re: What if.....(not for the easily offended)

Post by Hero Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:01 am

I think they'd have struggled with the Hell In A Cell PPV idea.

Though Tables, Ladders & Electric Chairs would have sold out.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

What if.....(not for the easily offended) Empty Re: What if.....(not for the easily offended)

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:07 am

benoit would have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of his family and sentenced to life in prison.

the wwe's image would be put in doubt by the media since the only time they pay attention to wwe is when something bad happens involving them. vince would make an announcement saying they wont mention benoit's name in any future broadcasts.

wrestling in general would continue like normal except perhaps with stricter guidelines for drug abuse which has already happened since the benoit murder/suicide. whether things would have changed if he hadn't killed them I don't know but it certainly brought the issue to the forefront.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:12 am

knowing vince he'd use it in an angle

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:35 am

The only changes I can think of that would of occurred would of been to the wellness policy and the media coverage.
Would the wellness policy as it is today been brought into effect? Think that a lot of emphasis would of been placed on Benoit's mental state rather than his drug use so this may of had an adverse effect on the creation of the wellness policy.
The other change I could see is that the media coverage would of been ongoing due to Benoit's trial and continued existence. A trial like his would of not come to full conclusion for about 18 months of which the spotlight would of constantly been on WWE.

A lot of people felt that the whole incident nearly killed the business, would his existence in your scenario of caused the death of the business?

A scenario I've often wondered about in regards to Benoit is what would the WWE have done had he been one of those who lost to Undertaker at Wrestlemania?
Would he simply not be shown in video packages that highlight the streak?
Would the record for the streak show as one number less than it should be?
Would the streak not be referred to ever again?
On the flip side of this what if Benoit had beaten the streak the Mania prior to his demise? Would WWE have glossed over this and carried the streak on?

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:37 am

I'm guessing that Benoit would have been executed or be sat in a jail awaiting the death penalty (think they've still got the death penalty in Georgia).

As for the WWE side of things, they'd still have avoided his name like the plague but I wonder whether or not the Wellness policy would have been as heavily enforced as it has been? For some reason (not sure why, just a feeling really) I think it would have been easier for WWE to distance Benoit's actions from the drugs etc. and blame it on him being insane or something.

Here's another what if question though:

What if Chris Benoit didn't kill his family but ended up committing suicide anyway?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:39 am

he'd be in the hof

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:41 am

If he had lived, I think the media frenzy towards WWE would have been worse.

Can you imagine what interviews with Benoit would bel like? He might have blamed WWE for all that was wrong with him for example.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:15 pm

He'd be World Champion in TNA and the Wheel of Dixie would feature a 'Benoit Family Ashes on a Pole' match.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:16 pm

Mr H wrote:He'd be World Champion in TNA and the Wheel of Dixie would feature a 'Benoit Family Ashes on a Pole' match.
You would at least watch it though!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Fri 15 Nov 2013, 4:29 pm

JamesLincs wrote:he'd be in the hof
i think you make a good point james, if he had just killed himself he would probably be revered now.

would wwe have the testing they do and be as cautious with head trauma/ concussions?

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 16 Nov 2013, 10:16 am

My question is on Ryback,

Would Ryback have been more over with the fans (young and adult) today if he never got injured while he was with Nexus as a more intense version of Skip Sheffield?

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 16 Nov 2013, 10:44 am

What if he was a Taxi driver and killed his wife and son, would that have damaged the image of the Taxi business?

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Sat 16 Nov 2013, 11:49 am

RinoGattuso wrote:What if he was a Taxi driver and killed his wife and son, would that have damaged the image of the Taxi business?
no. the media wouldn't be able to say the taxi driver was on steroids and make a story out of it.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Nov 2013, 12:02 pm

You mean what if Kevin Sullivan didn't kill them all don't you censored 

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 16 Nov 2013, 12:38 pm

I love that theory!!

Vince was first on the scene and found Benoit still alive.

Vince: Chris, lets walk and talk. Show me your weight room.....

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Nov 2013, 12:54 pm

What if it emerged someone else murdered Benoits family?

Would WWE start acknowledging him again?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Sat 16 Nov 2013, 1:56 pm

What if it was perry saturn? Moppy told him to do it.

Or if it was all a work and benoit had been in tna ever since and nobody noticed?

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 16 Nov 2013, 2:33 pm

MidnightToker wrote:What if it was perry saturn? Moppy told him to do it.

Or if it was all a work and benoit had been in tna ever since and nobody noticed?
I knew Jospeh Parks looked farmilier their ring style is uncanny

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodginho Sat 16 Nov 2013, 2:47 pm

Benoit = Shark Boy

Hodginho

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat 16 Nov 2013, 2:56 pm

I think the only difference would be that Chris Benoit would be rotting in prison as opposed to rotting in hell.

If he had only killed himself then it would have just been a tragedy. He would be mentioned and acknowledged by WWE, probably been inducted in the Hall Of Fame and it wouldnt be the absolute joke it is now when some people have the nerve to say "we should celebrate his wrestling accomplishments..."

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 16 Nov 2013, 6:54 pm

I think we SHOULD celebrate his wrestling accomplishments...

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 16 Nov 2013, 7:52 pm

I'd say acknowledge rather than celebrate

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 16 Nov 2013, 8:35 pm

GSC wrote:What if it emerged someone else murdered Benoits family?

They would over compensate and super impose his face on old Randy Savage matches!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 16 Nov 2013, 9:18 pm

GSC wrote:What if it emerged someone else murdered Benoits family?

Daniel Bryan would be the first suspect, no one does those moves as good

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 16 Nov 2013, 9:21 pm

MidnightToker wrote:What if it was perry saturn? Moppy told him to do it.

Suicide or Homicide?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:46 am

Seriously though it definitely was best for the WWE for Benoit to die that night, if he lived then the WWE name would have been dragged through the courts, the extent of his brain damage would have been highlighted even more so and the WWE would have been on a major PR Charm for years and years beyond now.

So by in large as soon as Benoit turned heel on Nancy and Daniel it was best for all connected to WWE that CB met his maker.

Adams "lets walk and talk" theory gets my vote of choice, nothing says romanticism like an honour killimg in the name of Pro Wrestling... warning 

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 17 Nov 2013, 9:57 am

I see it more like the al Capone scene with the baseball bat in the untouchables. The whole roster is sat around the table and Vince is walking behind Chris with a baseball bat cutting a promo about team work.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:47 pm

Anybody seen the adventures of chris benoit on youtube? So wrong but so funny

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down