The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales Team vs Tonga

+46
aucklandlaurie
No9
quinsforever
wrfc1980
butterfingers
yappysnap
tigertattie
nobbled
mckay1402
offload
ALPanorak
rainbow-warrior
Geordie
LeinsterFan4life
kingjohn7
GLove39
wales606
Hound of Harrow
Taylorman
RDSguru
Biltong
LordDowlais
Scrumpy
Casartelli
Knowsit17
Cardiff Dave
ScarletSpiderman
glamorganalun
daidimview
Taffineastbourne
BlueNote
Luckless Pedestrian
Bluedragon
welshy824 (new)
Higher_Ground
Comfort
munkian
jimmyinthewell68
Scratch
The Saint
maestegmafia
majesticimperialman
whocares
wayne
bedfordwelsh
Jhamer25
50 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Wales Team vs Tonga - Page 2 Empty Wales Team vs Tonga

Post by Jhamer25 Sun 17 Nov 2013, 2:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

We had a great game yesterday and we thoroughly deserved it.
Now on to next week vs the Tongan's and with our record with injuries, i'm not looking forward to it. Watched them vs Frances and they were very physical. A lot of the French ended up on their arse.
Tonga to have a threat in their backs and a good ball carrying pack. The dilemma we have it that we have Australia the week after and we want as many of out first team starters as we can. However we need to win this game next week against a descent Tongan team without risking our star players because i sense a few more injures will occur against a brutal side who show no mercy:

Here is my team for the game:
1. Paul James
2. Ken Owens
3. Samson Lee
4. Bradley Davies (C)
5. Ian Evans (if fit)
6. Dan Lydiate
7. Justin Tipuric
8. Toby Falateu

9. Rhodri Wiliiams
10. Rhys Priestland
11. Liam Williams
12. Ashley Beck
13. Owen Williams
14. Geogre North
15. James Hook

16. Emyr Phillips, 17. Gethin Jenkins, 18. Rhodri Jones, 19. Luke Charteris, 20. Ryan Jones, 21. Mike Phillips, 22. Dan Biggar, 23. Tom Prydie

The Tongan scrum is shocking and i have no worries what so ever. Paul and Samson would be our key to winning the game at scrum time, both deserve a shot.
If Ian is fit he should start and join with Bradley to have there own little battle to see who is ready for the match against Australia, Bradley can also bring that physicality to the pack as well which will be needed vs the big pacific islanders. For me Bradley has been amazing so far this Autumn and deserve a start vs Australia but if Ian can come back into form Bradley will have to fight for his spot.
Dan needs to be on the field o cut down these tree like figures and needs game time if he is set to start vs the Aussies
To me Gats is definitely going to start Dan and Sam for the Aussie game which is why Tipuric deserves another start int he form he is in.
We need Toby's edge and physicality in the pack; it's a risk but i wuld be willing to take it

Mike was exceptional on Saturday but we still need more depth at 9 because it is the are were we are weakest (depth wise) at the moment. Lloyd has been ok when he has come on but i want to see Rhodri have a shot

Priestland should start for another chance to shine, Biggar played really well on Saturday and made us play an expansive game; if Priestland is to start vs the Aussies he needs a corker.
Don't have much of a choice at Center and we can't risk Scott
George needs to start for the physicality that is set to be set upon us on Friday, again it's a risk but i would be willing to take it. However i wouldn't hesitate in staring Eli if he is fit.
James has stated he wants to play so much and this is the only chance i feel Gatland will give him to shine.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Wales Team vs Tonga - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales Team vs Tonga

Post by welshy824 (new) Mon 18 Nov 2013, 8:41 pm

personally I think it pointless risking Scott Williams, so my choice would be Beck and owen Williams centre. Also don't understand why Hook is playing 10, should be in the 23 shirt, with Priestland and Biggar getting a half each to try and prove they deserve the 10 shirt. Hook hasn't played 10 all season and is for wales a utility back, nothing more.

Would certainly like Rhodri Williams to get the 9 shirt and have lee to start at tighthead.

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:00 pm

welshy824 (new) wrote:personally I think it pointless risking Scott Williams, so my choice would be Beck and owen Williams centre. Also don't understand why Hook is playing 10, should be in the 23 shirt, with Priestland and Biggar getting a half each to try and prove they deserve the 10 shirt. Hook hasn't played 10 all season and is for wales a utility back, nothing more.

Would certainly like Rhodri Williams to get the 9 shirt and have lee to start at tighthead.
Hook has been playing ten at Perpignan this season, playing very well too.

Gatland said he is giving hook a chance at flyhalf this game.

It is great to see so much experimentation this autumn. It will strengthen our depth and increase competition on players performances...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:13 pm

So

L Williams
Hook
North
O Williams
S Williams
L Williams
? (probably a Williams)

Is M Williams commentating?

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:04 pm

Scratch wrote:So

L Williams
Hook
North
O Williams
S Williams
L Williams
? (probably a Williams)

Is M Williams commentating?
The Williams clan seem to have kept up and now overtaken the Jones's

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:15 pm

The Saint wrote:I think Rob Evans has great potential, but again it's another selection that isn't justified. We should have called up Gill and why would Sarries say no? We may only want him for one or two games, less than the expected three.
Gill is out after a shoulder op. Isn't available, if he was i think he would have been in the team from the start instead of Ryan Bevington (or would at least deserve to), he has been in good for according to Sarries fans.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:18 pm

Promising news in the interview with Rhodri Jones. Despite losing Adam, Craig and Aaron to injury we gave two young lads a great opportunity last weekend and we are doing well to build depth and competition in a position that most nations are suffering far more weakness than us.

“There are a lot of good young tight-heads coming through,” admitted Jones.

“Samson is going very well and then you have Craig Mitchell, Aaron Jarvis and Scott Andrews at the Blues.

“It’s good to have the competition and we are all pushing each other.”

But Jones knows he still faces a battle to make the Scarlets starting side when he returns to his region next month.

“It is tough, there is great competition between all the tight-heads at the Scarlets,” said Jones.

“There are plenty of boys there, we have all got to be on top form if we want to keep the shirt.

“It is good because everyone is going to be pushing each other and that is what you need.”

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:34 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Promising news in the interview with Rhodri Jones. Despite losing Adam, Craig and Aaron to injury we gave two young lads a great opportunity last weekend and we are doing well to build depth and competition in a position that most nations are suffering far more weakness than us.

“There are a lot of good young tight-heads coming through,” admitted Jones.

“Samson is going very well and then you have Craig Mitchell, Aaron Jarvis and Scott Andrews at the Blues.

“It’s good to have the competition and we are all pushing each other.”

But Jones knows he still faces a battle to make the Scarlets starting side when he returns to his region next month.

“It is tough, there is great competition between all the tight-heads at the Scarlets,” said Jones.

“There are plenty of boys there, we have all got to be on top form if we want to keep the shirt.

“It is good because everyone is going to be pushing each other and that is what you need.”
He said he is definitly concentrating on Tight head now, if that is his choice he really needs to move club and get game time. We have probably four tightheads in favour of him at the Scarlets and it's not helping his development. I think he should move on to the Drags or Blues

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:42 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:
He said he is definitly concentrating on Tight head now, if that is his choice he really needs to move club and get game time. We have probably four  tightheads in favour of him at the Scarlets and it's not helping his development. I think he should move on to the Drags or Blues
I would like to see him get more game time but I would imagine that his performance last weekend and hopefully in the next few games will see him rise through the Scarlets ranks.

He would be more use to Scarlets on their bench than in someone else's squad. He looked great around the pitch and scrummaged well considering his last game played prior to Argentina was against Aberavon. He scored a try in that match.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedragon Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:43 pm

Corey allen had been told he would be playing v Tonga but that all changed due to injuries - so the teams were worked out in advance.

I don't think anyone essential for australia will risk being smashed up v Tonga. So warbs, halfpenny, north, scott williams, faletau, hibbard, AWJ will play. Guess it depends who else is left - lacking strength in depth a bit.

Bluedragon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:45 pm

Hook come on at 10 against Argentina. Chucked the ball about like a prancing pony for a bit and then seen two Arg 2nd rows with a back-row stood opposite him and decided to run at them... Which resulted in a turnover. It's no surprise he spends his time in the international wilderness.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:48 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:
He said he is definitly concentrating on Tight head now, if that is his choice he really needs to move club and get game time. We have probably four  tightheads in favour of him at the Scarlets and it's not helping his development. I think he should move on to the Drags or Blues
I would like to see him get more game time but I would imagine that his performance last weekend and hopefully in the next few games will see him rise through the Scarlets ranks.

He would be more use to Scarlets on their bench than in someone else's squad. He looked great around the pitch and scrummaged well considering his last game played prior to Argentina was against Aberavon. He scored a try in that match.
I don't want to see him go because he has come through our academy. However, we have a stable and strong foundation come scrum time now with Phil, Rob, Samson and Adriannse all at the helm; it don't want to change that now.
The Blues and Dragons clearly struggle with the depth of props they have, all im saying is that it's best for the player and he can help out with one of the other regions who struggle in this area. If he is going to develop into a international tight head he needs game time at Rabo level.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:51 pm

Bluedragon wrote:Corey allen had been told he would be playing v Tonga but that all changed due to injuries - so the teams were worked out in advance.

I don't think anyone essential for australia will risk being smashed up v Tonga. So warbs, halfpenny, north, scott williams, faletau, hibbard, AWJ will play. Guess it depends who else is left - lacking strength in depth a bit.
We just thrashed Argentina with a fourth and fifth choice prop and a similar choice rookie centre. I wouldn't say strength and depth are a huge problem for us. We have a very good youth set up.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:57 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Bluedragon wrote:Corey allen had been told he would be playing v Tonga but that all changed due to injuries - so the teams were worked out in advance.

We just thrashed Argentina with a fourth and fifth choice prop and a similar choice rookie centre. I wouldn't say strength and depth are a huge problem for us. We have a very good youth set up.
You think? i am not so sure…..i think that we are still hanging on to some players like hook, R Jones and L Williams who have seen their day or who aren't up to it because there is a lack of replacements coming on. No disrespect to Ryan but we must replace him now with another 6/8. Utility players whilst very useful can be a curse

I think we are 1 season a way from real strength in depth like we have in the 2nd row for example, In some positions we have it, but at hooker, 9 and 12/13 i disagree, certainly not players that i would want to slot in v Aus next week

I am afraid that with no Jones, poss lydiate, Doc, Foxy and Cuthbert and with injuries to our 2nd tier in Wlaker and Allen (who fair play had a good debut) we just lack enough strength in depth to win

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:04 pm

Scratch wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

You think? i am not so sure…..i think that we are still hanging on to some players like hook, R Jones and L Williams who have seen their day or who aren't up to it because there is a lack of replacements coming on. No disrespect to Ryan but we must replace him now with another 6/8. Utility players whilst very useful can be a curse

I think we are 1 season a way from real strength in depth like we have in the 2nd row for example, In some positions we have it, but at hooker, 9 and 12/13 i disagree, certainly not players that i would want to slot in v Aus next week

I am afraid that with no Jones, poss lydiate, Doc, Foxy and Cuthbert and with injuries to our 2nd tier in Wlaker and Allen (who fair play had a good debut) we just lack enough strength in depth to win

The Bazzers are starting to look I worse nick...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24983640

I agree we lack depth at eight and at scrumhalf, though we have some very promising players they are young and untested. We have been including them in the squads for training.

I wouldn't right off Ryan Jones, he's in great form.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:05 pm

Scratch what the hell did you mean on that other thread then or did you mix me up with somone.

I'm hoping you did after i stuck up for you

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:21 pm

Realx jhmaer i am no tlaughing AT you specifically, just the whole thread being a sh1tshow and all of a sudden the people who made it that way want it pulled.

That some even say they get off on watching people get wound up is frankly sad and pathetic.

I don't think it is the mods fault and certainly not their role to stop grown men trading insults, i think that obviously this site might have over done the modding of knowledgable but naughty characters because som people get wound up SOOOOOO easily

its all good thumbsup 

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:23 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Scratch wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

The Bazzers are starting to look I worse nick...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24983640

I agree we lack depth at eight and at scrumhalf, though we have some very promising players they are young and untested. We have been including them in the squads for training.

I wouldn't right off Ryan Jones, he's in great form.

he is, but RWC 2015 Is a step too far and any player who isn't likely to make that tour she be out now measteg

Fact is we hav ere lied on utility players for too long and R Jones and especially Hooks career has been blighted by that…..actually hook is a bit different as he is a game changer for better or more often, for worse i'm afraid

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:24 pm

Scratch wrote:Realx jhmaer i am no tlaughing AT you specifically, just the whole thread being a sh1tshow and all of a sudden the people who made it that way want it pulled.

That some even say they get off on watching people get wound up is frankly sad and pathetic.

I don't think it is the mods fault and certainly not their role to stop grown men trading insults, i think that obviously this site might have over done the modding of knowledgable but naughty characters because som people get wound up SOOOOOO easily

its all good thumbsup 
no no no i'm not having a go.
But it seemed like you said that i was the one causing most of the arguments and saying personal insults when really i said nothing of the sort

Last edited by Jhamer25 on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:29 pm

Scratch players that can play multiple positions are a huge asset to our bench, all great sides use them. We are very lucky to have such quality utility players available and we have are intelligently grooming more to fill the void that those who retire will leave.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:39 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Scratch players that can play multiple positions are a huge asset to our bench, all great sides use them. We are very lucky to have such quality utility players available and we have are intelligently grooming more to fill the void that those who retire will leave.
ha you sound like Gats PR person!

Personally i don't think Hook or Jones Welsh careers have been served well by being utility players but i hear you

not sure we should be grooming anyone though, sounds extremely dangerous

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:16 am

Scratch wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Scratch players that can play multiple positions are a huge asset to our bench, all great sides use them. We are very lucky to have such quality utility players available and we have are intelligently grooming more to fill the void that those who retire will leave.

Personally i don't think Hook or Jones Welsh careers have been served well by being utility players but i hear you

Wales need players who can cover several positions well on the bench, utility players are very important to any ambitious top team.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:24 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Scratch wrote:

Wales need players who can cover several positions well on the bench, utility players are very important to any ambitious top team.
Are you Gatland?

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:28 am

Scratch wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Scratch wrote:

Are you Gatland?
No why would you say that...?

I am just explaining to you that you are completely wrong about utility players, all good sides need them.

If you would like to actually form a basis to back up your theory on why they are not needed I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:37 am

and i am explaining to you that it is your opinion that we need them and i think they prevent us from developing and retaining players in position

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:44 am

Scratch wrote:and i am explaining to you that it is your opinion that we need them and i think they prevent us from developing and retaining players in position

Which players in which position?

Ryan Jones and Hook were your two examples, rather unfair on Jones who has only really played six for the last three years, and hook who has really only played flyhalf since he has been at USAP...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:21 am

maestegmafia wrote:
wayne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
wayne wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Bevington (James not available)
Owens
Lee
Charteris
Evans (is he fit)
Coombs
R Jones (capt)
Tipuric

R Williams
Priestland (Is Patchell fit)

Prydie
Hook
Beck
Amos

Li Williams

Thats my tuppenth worth, James isn't available guys also Gatland has said most of the Lions will be rested.
BW, this game is within the window and Paul James is available, it is the Oz game when he is not.[/quote

Wayne,

A deal has been done with Bath so he's free for Bath game not Tonga game.
BW, Griff has already set me right, sorry about that. Thanks
Looks like James will now be free this weekend, the blwdi PRL strike again. I sure hope that the PRL don't also force Saints to go back on their agreement with George North.

From the Western Mail

Wales will be without prop Paul James for their big final autumn international against Australia due to the latest club v country tug-of-war.

A deal had been struck with his club Bath whereby James would return to them this week and miss Friday’s Tonga Test, but then be released to Wales for next week’s showdown with the Wallabies.

It’s understood Bath were happy with this arrangement as it would have meant the strong-scrummaging loose-head being available for their Aviva Premiership trip to Wasps this Sunday.

But it now appears the agreement has fallen through and Wales will not be able to call on the experienced James for the Test against Australia, which falls outside the IRB autumn international window.

The policy of Premiership Rugby (PRL) - the English clubs umbrella organisation - is that players should not be released by the clubs for such out-of-window games.

It’s understood that PRL have had a recent conversation with Bath and reminded them of that policy.

Following that, James will now not be released for the Australia game, but is likely to be available to Wales for Friday’s clash with big-hitting Tonga.

I think the situation with James was just good will between Bath and Wales, from what I am led to believe North has a clause in his contract so I doubt if the PRL can stop him.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:23 am

maestegmafia wrote:
welshy824 (new) wrote:personally I think it pointless risking Scott Williams, so my choice would be Beck and owen Williams centre. Also don't understand why Hook is playing 10, should be in the 23 shirt, with Priestland and Biggar getting a half each to try and prove they deserve the 10 shirt. Hook hasn't played 10 all season and is for wales a utility back, nothing more.

It is great to see so much experimentation this autumn. It will strengthen our depth and increase competition on players performances...
Hooks played most of this season at XV, I know the original plan was to give him a run at 10 on friday but with injuries and the fact Hook won't be free for the Oz game I think it would be wise to give Priestland another run at 10 (is Patchell fit?) with Hook slotting in at centre or XV.

I wouldn't risk Sc Williams for this game as we need him fully fit for the Oz game and I agree on the experiementing Maes though it always fill me with dread that we may tinker to much as we have come a cropper in the past. That said would rather experiement now than in the 6 Nations.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:59 am

agreed . tonga loves the big hits and we dont need anymore injuries . every thing should be focused on beating Australia .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 19 Nov 2013, 8:27 am

The Saint wrote:Hook come on at 10 against Argentina. Chucked the ball about like a prancing pony for a bit and then seen two Arg 2nd rows with a back-row stood opposite him and decided to run at them... Which resulted in a turnover.
And the next thing he did was throw a miss-pass which negated an overlap.

Do we really want 80 minutes of this?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 10:53 am

hook will start but depends where . if he has a blinder plays out of his skin would gats pick him for Australia . i doubt it

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 19 Nov 2013, 10:58 am

He's not available for the Australia game, is he?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:04 am

Nope Fingers Crossed
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:48 am

Doh i was only recently talking about him being unavailable .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:00 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Hooks played most of this season at XV, I know the original plan was to give him a run at 10 on friday but with injuries and the fact Hook won't be free for the Oz game I think it would be wise to give Priestland another run at 10 (is Patchell fit?) with Hook slotting in at centre or XV.

I wouldn't risk Sc Williams for this game as we need him fully fit for the Oz game and I agree on the experiementing Maes though it always fill me with dread that we may tinker to much as we have come a cropper in the past.  That said would rather experiement now than in the 6 Nations.

I would rather see experimentation now. Although a number of lads have been rightfully critical of Hooks impact last week and considering his lack of availability for the big one vs Australia I still think he should be given an opportunity to prove himself. He is highly valued by the coaches and his talents are recognised by many fans.

A fit and on form James Hook is a great player and if we can have that player in our squad or team we are all the better for it.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:07 pm

Wales: Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues); George North (Northampton Saints), Owen Williams (Cardiff Blues), Ashley Beck (Ospreys), Hallam Amos (Newport Gwent Dragons); James Hook (Perpignan), Lloyd Williams (Cardiff Blues); Paul James (Bath), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Luke Charteris (Perpignan), Ian Evans (Ospreys), Andrew Coombs (Dragons), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Ryan Jones (Ospreys - CAPT).

Replacements: Emyr Phillips (Scarlets), Ryan Bevington (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Dan Lydiate (Racing Metro), Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues), Rhodri Williams (Scarlets), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Jordan Williams (Scarlets).

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:08 pm

He always seems too desperate to impress though and it rarely goes right
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:10 pm

It looks a strong pack. Just hope that 1/2p, North and Tips in particular get through ok.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:16 pm

Looks like a good enough team, wouldn't want to risk losing North or Halfpenny, but hey thats rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:23 pm

Jordan Williams and Hallam Amos to get their first caps...!

That is quite an exciting team. Good opportunities for Hook, Ryan, Paul James, Emyr, Ianto and Coombs to show their worth.

Considering the amount of injuries we have this is a good squad. Now is a great opportunity to see them prove it.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:36 pm

Hope Ryan J has a top game, Faletau needs someone snapping at his heels to keep him sharp
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:48 pm

looking forward seeing this team in action . just hope no more injures .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:49 pm

munkian wrote:Hope Ryan J has a top game, Faletau needs someone snapping at his heels to keep him sharp
Bet Toby was chomping at the bit to play against Tonga
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:50 pm

Aye Munkian

He, Adam and Phillips are the only players not seriously in competition for their place, and like the other two there is not as yet serious understudies despite us working hard on building the strength beneath.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:57 pm

I am never a fan of sweeping changes as we have come unstuck in the past but I do understand the need to experiment/blood new players and protect the ones who have had a long season already. That said I am very surprised to see Halfpenny and North play.

Here's my take on the side:

Front row

James' availability is added boost pity in the way it came about, good to see Jones given another chance.

2nd row

I really like the look of that combo and hope Evans can regain some of last seasons form.

Back row

Jones and Tipuric are some peoples first choice so no weakness there, will be good to see how Coombes goes there.

Half Backs

Sorry Maes but I wouldn't have Ll Williams anywhere near the side but I am happy to eat humble pie if he proves me wrong, Hook was always going to start but with the injuries and his unavailability next week I would have given Priestland another start.

Centres

This is my one area of concern, I confess to not knowing much about O Williams but Beck has never impressed me.

Back 3

Great for Amos to start with North and Halfpenny there as support though as I said I wouldn't have risked them. I would have put Hook at XV and as he's in the squad J Williams on the wing.

All in all am happy with it though do get nervous with so many changes but still think we will win and win comfortably.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:57 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
munkian wrote:Hope Ryan J has a top game, Faletau needs someone snapping at his heels to keep him sharp
Bet Toby was chomping at the bit to play against Tonga
Toby would play rugby every single day if he could, his worth rate/ethic is insane but even he needs a rest and you know he would be targeted for some flying WWE style hits

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:05 pm

munkian,

Just pity what with the Tongan connection and I know from talking to friends up in Ebbw still that there will be a big Tongan party up in the valleys over the weekend lol
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:05 pm

To be fair I think Lloyd Williams cops a bit of flack for nothing really, he hasn't been playing badly this season. Though Rhodri Williams and Gareth Davies look a lot flashier

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:08 pm

with priestland on the bench looks like biggar got the ozzy gig

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:19 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Half Backs

Sorry Maes but I wouldn't have Ll Williams anywhere near the side but I am happy to eat humble pie if he proves me wrong, Hook was always going to start but with the injuries and his unavailability next week I would have given Priestland another start.
IronMike wrote:To be fair I think Lloyd Williams cops a bit of flack for nothing really, he hasn't been playing badly this season. Though Rhodri Williams and Gareth Davies look a lot flashier
Have to agree with IronMike here Beds mate,

Lloyd has played very well for the Blues this season and he deserves a place, though I think Rhodri is our future. glad to see both given the opportunity to demonstrate their skills. Lets see how they go...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:24 pm

Woop !
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down