The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One

+23
Nay
Dolphin Ziggler
Hammersmith harrier
Ent
FIFA Diva
President Trump
Crimey
hampo17
Azzy
compelling and rich
Brys
GSC
Gregers
Fernando
Bull
CFCNick
Kurt N. Jurqa
Derbymanc
B91212
Hulking_up
Pr4wn
Hero
pscott
27 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Xbox One - Page 2 Empty Xbox One

Post by pscott Sat 23 Nov 2013, 10:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

I wondered how things were going , I am pretty jealous as I'm waiting for Friday for my PS4.

The Kinnect apparently works well, how does BF4 feel to have 64 players online. Is Ryse a bit of a disappointment or are you enjoying it.

Dead Rising 3 how are you getting on with it? The videos with hundreds of zombies looked cool.

I read a test on sound levels and I think its quieter than the 360. If you had a PS3 is it quieter than that?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Xbox One - Page 2 Empty Re: Xbox One

Post by Hero Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:18 am

Sunset Overdrive, wow that's a fun game

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 4:53 pm

Has anybody had any issues with their XBox One?

Recently mines started to play up when reading discs, no matter how much a clean the disc it still will say it can't be read. Eventually after 5 or 10 minutes it will all of a sudden work

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 14 Nov 2014, 1:06 pm

No all been fine for me.

Got DragonAge last night through the EA Access 5 days early thing. Have to admit its not immediately drawing me in as Skyrim did.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Fri 14 Nov 2014, 11:51 pm

Haha, then there might just be hope for DA yet. I've actually not been paying attention to the new DA as yet after being so disappointed with Bioware's recent fare in the RPG genre (ME included). Then again I found Skyrim to be a fairly bland and uninteresting game, so what do I know Very Happy

Would be good to hear some feedback on DA tho, when you get a chance.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 15 Nov 2014, 2:13 pm

Im not keen on the party thing compared to Skyrim where you have companions but you only ever play the central figure. Finished the prologue last night in which its very linear but now onto the main game and it's open world which should make it better.
It's just the little things that are annoying me so far. Loot is really signposted with it being highlighted etc. I want loot to be looked for and earnt.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 15 Nov 2014, 8:39 pm

Hero wrote:Im not keen on the party thing compared to Skyrim where you have companions but you only ever play the central figure. Finished the prologue last night in which its very linear but now onto the main game and it's open world which should make it better.
It's just the little things that are annoying me so far. Loot is really signposted with it being highlighted etc. I want loot to be looked for and earnt.

you played the other dragon age games? they are much more linear than skyrim but for me tell a much better story. getting a xbox for crimbo and have really enjoyed the others so was thinking of getting this with it, let us know what you think as you get more into it

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:27 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
Hero wrote:Im not keen on the party thing compared to Skyrim where you have companions but you only ever play the central figure. Finished the prologue last night in which its very linear but now onto the main game and it's open world which should make it better.

you played the other dragon age games? they are much more linear than skyrim but for me tell a much better story. getting a xbox for crimbo and have really enjoyed the others so was thinking of getting this with it, let us know what you think as you get more into it

If you are looking for story driven gaming then DA will demolish Skyrim every day of the week, its what Bioware do and what they have always done is tell engaging stories. Their only real glaring weakness in their story telling is they have never been able to deal with the good/bad choice system. Bethesda does open world gaming and massive world exploration that's there bag and they do it extremely well, though personally I think they peaked with Morrowind, if they have an obvious weakness its their story telling ability within those worlds.

Will pick up DA eventually when it drops in price but at the moment there are 3 other RPG's I'm waiting to buy before it will even get a glimpse of my time Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 13 Jan 2015, 4:53 pm

What is everyone playing at the moment?

I played the first section of Dragon Age but need to free up space for Assassin's Creed Unity, so am finishing off Lego Marvel and Black Flag before settling down to DA and ACU.

Has anyone played Diablo III? Is it worth picking up?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 13 Jan 2015, 6:13 pm

got my xbox before crimbo with forza, fifa and farcry. only just getting into farcry but looks good so far, not really been into FPS since goldeneye but there enough other stuff like collecting and leveling up to keep me interested

not played any of the old ones, so not sure if the story is following on from [previous ones or a new story in its own right?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm

I got farcry and shadows of Mordor before Christmas but played neither yet

Recently finished forza horizon 2 and gta v

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:37 am

Shadows of Mordor...played it for an hour, just could not get to grips with the control system. Deleted and sold within three days. That and Watchdogs have been major disappointments for me. Glad I didn't buy Destiny and be disappointed by that as well!

I've never played a FarCry game, I have no idea what it's about. Surprisingly, a cover for a game is sometimes what clinches the sale for me. I've always been put off by FarCry's covers.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 15 Jan 2015, 4:49 pm

Dragon Age for me at present, absolutely epic game and thought I was coming to the end of it having sealed the main rift then suddenly this big fella pops up with an army and a dragon and it turns out I've only finished the first part.
Destiny looked shiny for the first two weeks, after that got quickly boring.
Watchdogs, basically a soulless version of GTA.
Mordor is meant to be good but is Assassins Creed meets LOTR.
Apart from Evolve what else half decent is coming out in the next few months?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 15 Jan 2015, 4:55 pm

Elder Scrolls Online in February if you believe the accidental dating online. Otherwise for me it's waiting for Star Wars Battlefront.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 15 Jan 2015, 6:24 pm

I found the control system in shadow of mordor simple, what did you find so difficult about it?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 15 Jan 2015, 8:27 pm

He supports West Brom, they like simple pleasures.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 15 Jan 2015, 10:15 pm

hampo171 wrote:I found the control system in shadow of mordor simple, what did you find so difficult about it?
Pressing and holding the sticks in, using shoulder buttons. Far too complicated to enjoy playing. And the absolute opposite of intuitive.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 15 Jan 2015, 10:18 pm

Pressing two many buttons complicated, that's most games these days Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 19 Jan 2015, 1:36 pm

Not remotely. I enjoy playing Assassin's Creed, Dragon Age etc but I just could not get to grips with Mordor's control system. It irritated me. And I'm a mahoosive LOTR fan. I gave it far more of a chance than I did with Watchdogs.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 09 Mar 2015, 9:03 am

What games are people looking forward to this year? I'm awaiting Battlefront, nothing beats a well-made Star Wars game.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 10 Mar 2015, 8:28 pm

I've finally completed Dragonage last night, not even looked at other games while I've been playing this!
What an epic game.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Mar 2015, 9:01 pm

Azzy wrote:What games are people looking forward to this year? I'm awaiting Battlefront, nothing beats a well-made Star Wars game.

Looking forward to the Batman game.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 10:17 pm

Yeah i preordered batman the other day. Roll on june

Project Cars looks tasty too

Recently invested in a 3TB hard drive so dont need to worry about making space for games on rhe internal memory any more

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 10 Mar 2015, 10:23 pm

Just a slight piece of advice, If want a proper racing game like full simulation Project Cars will be epic for you, If want a arcade racer like Mario Kart/F1 Series don't touch it Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 10:30 pm

Yeah thats exactly what im after, really looking forward to.it, should tie me over until forza 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 10 Mar 2015, 10:38 pm

To be honest anything with Imola is generally a good sign for a game. If you have an Xbox 360 still try out Race Pro (it's like £3 but extremely good for simulation racing)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:22 pm

Bad news it's been delayed Laugh until Mid-may so by their schedules & their now 5th/6th delay? probably 2016 so Forza will be here before that Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:53 pm

Only played 15 hours of Dragon Age so far Hero, loving it so far!

Just picked up Don Bradman cricket as I have finally finished with WWE games. Had been many years since I picked one of those up but gave it one last hurrah. Failed to grab me and so me and Vince McMahon are going our separate ways.

Considering picking up Diablo 3 to tide me over until Battlefront. Anyone played that?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:57 pm

going to get dragon age soon, will probably give the new final fantasy a bash as well. anybody heard much about the latest one, all gone under the radar a bit with me

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:00 pm

Yeah the new WWE for next gen is appalling, that whole chain wrestling bit at the beginning is pathetic. General gameplay lacking as well. Can't say I'll be in a hurry to get the 2016 version come November

You played Don Bradman cricket yet? I've had a dabble, can't make my mind up whether I like it or not. I thought to myself this game is a wee bit samey when playing it and then npticed I'd been on it for 5 hours

Seriously Nando? Delayed again..FFS!!! Think you'll be right, Forza will be here first

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 12 Mar 2015, 9:16 am

I played DBC for three hours last night, with the following results (playing on the default pro setting):

4 day = 0 (1 ball), 1-25 off 5 overs, 0 (4), 0-52
1 day = 1 (8 balls), 1-32 off 5 overs
4 day = 8 (19 balls), 1-41 off 11 overs

Second half of the 4 day game to come. Initial observations are that batting is very tough due to your career player having zero stats, but with every over and between-game nets session that improves. I expect to be scoring proper scores within 10 games.

Bowling is really enjoyable, although the fielders are a bit dim on occasion. Getting an LBW decision go your way is great - forgetting to appeal for a plum one is not, which happened to me in my first ever over, not realising you had to appeal yourself Laugh

Will play lots more over the coming weeks but I am absolutely hooked.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 13 Mar 2015, 11:32 am

DBC is quite tough Laugh

Ended that second four day with a 0 off 0 balls (ran myself out), and 0-67 off 11 overs in bowling.

But then came a good performance - 14 off 9 with the bat in a T40, plus 2-21 off 5 overs with the ball.

One thing I would say is that unless you put in massive runs, your team ALWAYS loses.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 1:22 pm

Yeah it took me a while to get to grips with it, my best innings so far is 74 but then I tried to hit a spinner for 6 and completely mis-judged the shot and the ball went through and hit the stumps

not so good with the ball though, 2 wickets but got hit for 56

Set up my hard drive last night, deffo money well spent, now don't have to worry about which games I have installed as they're all on that and still have 2.4TB free for future games

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 16 Mar 2015, 1:55 pm

I decided to start a new career as I was fed up with bowling for long periods and never getting a bat.

So I've started as a #1 batsman. Only played one game, scored 25 then 24. Unfortunately, it transpired that the game replaces the original #1 with your player. So rather than opening with Alastair Cook, I'll spend the next 20 years playing with Gautam Gambhir. Tempted to re-start again!

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 23 Mar 2015, 3:04 pm

Okay, I re-started. #2 batsman, opening with Cook. Four innings so far, 22, 14, 0 and 0. Both those 0s were run outs with 0 balls faced Sad

Still playing Black Flag to complete it. It is so much better than Unity.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2015, 7:36 pm

Bugs aside i enjoyed unity, storyline was excellent i thought

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 23 Mar 2015, 7:59 pm

Azzy wrote:Okay, I re-started. #2 batsman, opening with Cook. Four innings so far, 22, 14, 0 and 0. Both those 0s were run outs with 0 balls faced Sad

Still playing Black Flag to complete it. It is so much better than Unity.

You think you have issues i scored 12,14,7 & 3 Laugh I am spin bowler cos i can't do pace, I conceded 27 and gave 5 wides away in 1 over. Sad

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:10 pm

French Revolution was never my favourite period of history, but from my few hours on Unity so far, I am unimpressed with the story, the setting and the gameplay. Black Flag had such depth and variety, this is really suffering in comparison.

Nando - I gave up on bowling, as you tend to spend far longer bowling than batting. I have been given one over in my four innings but I stupidly chose finger spin and it wrecks your controller Sad

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:16 pm

Azzy wrote:

Nando - I gave up on bowling, as you tend to spend far longer bowling than batting. I have been given one over in my four innings but I stupidly chose finger spin and it wrecks your controller Sad

It's easy you just have to figure which way to twiddle the left stick Smile I took a Hat Trick vs West Indies angel Epic bowler Poopie batter Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 25 Mar 2015, 3:07 pm

gazzyD wrote:
Seriously Nando? Delayed again..FFS!!! Think you'll be right, Forza will be here first

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:37 pm

I think i can actually forgive the delays because this looks stunning

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 26 Mar 2015, 7:45 pm

Well that's good on the on chance you like F1 games - F1 2015 - June 12th  angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:13 pm

Nando, scored my first century in career mode this week. Was then out next ball. Then scored a 0-ball duck in the second innings, bloody fielders!

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 26 Mar 2015, 11:03 pm

Jaws of Hakkon: the first DLC for Dragon Age Inquisition is now available Smile

Cannot describe how much I still love this game, on a second play through of the story at present and making sure I do different options as I go along - choosing Templars instead of
mages, playing a female rogue instead of a male Mage so get different love interests (looks like Sera is up for some lesbian elf action), taking different party members out on missions. Probably my fave game of the past decade.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 27 Mar 2015, 8:58 am

I've played 16 hours of DA:I so far and know I've got months ahead of me - I do like it but for me it's not a patch on Skyrim. Only because things like love interests, houses, choosing curtains, stuff like that I don't care for. Give me action, tasks, missions, tank me up and let me loose Xbox One - Page 2 3559488474

Will download the DLC though, even at that £11 price point Sad

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 27 Mar 2015, 4:12 pm

Yeah the choosing curtains hasn't really appealed to me either, the characters though are far more fleshed out in DA than Skyrim, I care about the likes of Iron Bull, Varric, Cole and Sera (less so Solas and Blackwall).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 27 Mar 2015, 4:18 pm

The games have been announced for Aprils free Live games (double next month)

http://majornelson.com/2015/03/26/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-april-2015-double-the-games/

And again Xbox One gets cr@p, although Child of Light is suppose to be descent but compared to what the 360 gets and even what the PSN gets its pants

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 27 Mar 2015, 4:47 pm

Child of Light is a nice little game, has a turn based Final Fantasy style combat system to it and is a very aesthetically pleasing game.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 27 Mar 2015, 4:58 pm

I read it was a good game alright but its not a huge game that I thought One would get next month

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 27 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm

It needs to, there's plenty of games that came out around release time that clearly no-ones going to purchase now such as Rise or Dead Rising that would make a decent freebie.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Mar 2015, 5:21 pm

With Dragon Age, how similar is it to the first one they released? I love Mass Effect and as it's made by the some developers I expected to love Dragon Age but I felt that the things that let it down were the lack of voice actors for most of the characters and I wasn't a fan of the combat system. I hadn't considered getting Dragon Age: Inquisition because of that and I knew the sequel was very poorly received. Would you recommend it despite the fact that I didn't think the first one was good? Is the gameplay similar or definitely improved?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next