The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antonio Margarito maybe forced to retire

+4
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
Sugar Boy Sweetie
WelshDevilRob
8 posters

Go down

Antonio Margarito maybe forced to retire Empty Antonio Margarito maybe forced to retire

Post by WelshDevilRob Tue 17 May 2011, 6:50 am

He apparently has retina damage sustained from the Pacquiao beatdown.

Miguel Cotto might fight Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr instead.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Antonio Margarito maybe forced to retire Empty Re: Antonio Margarito maybe forced to retire

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 17 May 2011, 6:53 am

Yeah I read about this.

Good riddance to him.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Antonio Margarito maybe forced to retire Empty Re: Antonio Margarito maybe forced to retire

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 17 May 2011, 6:53 am

This was raised a few days ago - reports alluded to the orbital bone not healing properly rather than the retina but either way I don't think many could care less if he doesn't come back.

He was lucky to get the retirement fund fight in the first place.

If it's retina damage, it may heal over time and allow him to come back a la SRL but by then he'll be too old and rusty.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 May 2011, 6:55 am

Good, cheating scumbag. Should have been banned for life so can count himself lucky to be able to go into retirement on the back of a decent but undeserved payday.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 May 2011, 6:56 am

Think his career has run it's course now...Not much left for a guy who has traded on his endurance..

Do wish Rowley wouldn't sit on the fence so much!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 May 2011, 6:58 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think his career has run it's course now...Not much left for a guy who has traded on his endurance..

Do wish Rowley wouldn't sit on the fence so much!!!

Ha ha on the back of yesterdays debate hardly does a lot to dispel the idea I lack compassion, but when it comes to cheating in a sport that is already dangerous enough will admit I have no sympathy for those caught.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 17 May 2011, 6:59 am

He defend deity his face and it caught up with him. He deserves not to fight and get anymore money. He shouldn't have fought manny anyway.

The only problem in have is that I wanted cotto to give him one final beatdown. Cotto will wipe the floor with JCC jr and destroy the hype job. I can't see how he can make 155 catchweight(I think thats what it is) giving he doesn't look awfully good at 160.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2011, 7:01 am

Aaah, but you need to ask yourself Jeff, just really who is to blame for Margarito's fall from grace? Whilst we are led to believe that people take responsibility for their own actions, we've also discovered there are inummerable migating factors which mean it really was actually someone else's fault all along.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 17 May 2011, 7:02 am

All I can say is that I hope this is true. Have no desire to see a dirty cheat such as himself in action again and, to be perfectly honest, I only watched the Pacquiao fight because I knew I'd take pleasure in seeing him take the worst beating of his career.

I'm also ecstatic that we'll never have to endure his sheer front of somehow acting like he was a victim in the whole hand wraps affair. Good riddance, Marg, and count yourself ridiculously lucky that you got that totally undeserved mega payday to bump up your retirement fund.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 7:02 am

Good riddance to the man. He could have done much more damage than this to Mosley if it wasn't for brother Naz. No sympathy at all from me he got a nice retirement fund he didn't deserve.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 May 2011, 7:07 am

only a cheat if you get found out.....Wouldn't be the first to try the old Plaster of paris I'm sure...Look at ben Johnson the ultimate cheat and yet the guys he beat were up on Drugs charges...

Not condoning what he did but like DAVE say's maybe he had mitigating circumstances....Maybe his true love lives near the l'arc de triumph and the plaster of paris was used to remind him of her...

Just a thought Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2011, 7:12 am

Cynics might suggest Mosley is doing more damage to himself that Margarito ever could

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 7:25 am

DAVE667 wrote:Cynics might suggest Mosley is doing more damage to himself that Margarito ever could

Of his own choice Margarito could have done real damage to Mosley.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down