The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northampton V Leinster

+48
BamBam
stub
Pete330v2
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
MrsP
geoff999rugby
George Carlin
Portnoy's Complaint
littlejohn
SecretFly
Hookisms and Hyperbole
21st Century Schizoid Man
brennomac
profitius
Ozzy3213
majesticimperialman
Sin é
formerly known as Sam
HammerofThunor
Notch
markb
nathan
ME-109
TJ
Hound of Harrow
Cardiff Dave
rodders
Breadvan
Rugby Fan
Engine#4
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
asoreleftshoulder
Feckless Rogue
Artful_Dodger
gleesonisgod
quinsforever
Gibson
Coltnet
doctor_grey
LeinsterFan4life
Rory_Gallagher
B91212
thebandwagonsociety
Golden
the-goon
Mickado
Jenifer McLadyboy
52 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Northampton V Leinster Empty Northampton V Leinster

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 11:21

Big game for both sides. Northampton in decent form. Leinster without the injury list they had at this stage last year. (When they were a lineout away from beating Clermont in Clermont)

Mat O'Connor should have his homework done on NH. NH should have a chip on their shoulder after the 2011 final.

Leinster have never lost at Franklins Gardens. (Beat NH back to back when they were reigning champs)

Last time Leinster lost an away HC Pool game to anyone but Clermont was Wasps in Twickenham 5 years ago. (So no pressure then)

Hopefully a good spectacle with neither winner nor loser having any complaints.

Actual team.

15: Rob Kearney
14: Dave Kearney
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Ian Madigan
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Devin Toner
5: Mike McCarthy
6: Rhys Ruddock
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Aaron Dundon
17: Jack McGrath
18: Martin Moore
19: Leo Cullen
20: Shane Jennings
21: Isaac Boss
22: Jimmy Gopperth
23: Zane Kirchner

Saints

15. James Wilson
14. Ken Pisi
13. Dom Waldouck
12. Luther Burrell
11. George North
10. Steve Myler
9. Lee Dickson
1. Alex Waller
2. Dylan Hartley (capt)
3. Salesi Ma'afu
4. Samu Manoa
5. Courtney Lawes
6. Tom Wood
7. Phil Dowson
8. Sam Dickinson

REPLACEMENTS:

16. Mikey Haywood
17. Ethan Waller
18. Tom Mercey
19. Christian Day
20. Calum Clark
21. Ryan Glynn
22. Glenn Dickson
23. Jamie Elliott

Last edited by Jenifer McLadyboy on Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 12:21; edited 3 times in total

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Northampton V Leinster Empty Re: Northampton V Leinster

Post by Mickado Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 11:38

I'll take that team in a heartbeat. Try to win it first, then bring in the likes of Dundon, Cullen, Boss and Gopperth to close it out.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 12:13

I think Boss should start this one, Reddan to come off the bench.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 14:09

Heard Thornley was saying Moore was wanted by Exeter, Racing and Castres. Seems a bit odd that the French teams wouldnt be after someone more established with all their cash.

Presume this is just talk to get a new contract?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 18:39

I'd have Cullen and Boss start in that pack.
Not sure whether to have Moore or Ross up against Corbs. Ross is probably still the better scrummager but it takes him a half to figure out his opponent.  Moore would adapt quicker and let Ross take advantage of a tiring Corbs in the second half.  I'd think Toner & Cullen give good steel in the engine room and Toner helps disrupt the lineout.

I like the sounds of that backrow. Would there be an option to get Jordi, SOB and Heaslip in the same starting backrow?  Is McLaughlin injured?

I reckon MOC goes with the kicking game of Gopperth away but Madigan and himself are fairly close.  Boss for away games, Reddan for the tempo then the following week.

How is BOD? Would you let Macken take the collisions in this game at OC and have a fresher, non-concussed, BOD for the home leg with Darcy?

The back-3 can be any combination of Luke/D Kearney/R Kearney/Kirchener/Fanning and I'd be happy in the away leg. Is Lote able to play HC or will we have him long enough? How long is McFadden out for?

Thornley usually gets on the good side of younger players by getting their name out there around contract renewal time.  A tactical move that makes them more open to get access to gossip and training camp updates later down the line.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 20:28

thebandwagonsociety wrote:Not sure whether to have Moore or Ross up against Corbs. Ross is probably still the better scrummager but it takes him a half to figure out his opponent.  Moore would adapt quicker and let Ross take advantage of a tiring Corbs in the second half.
Corbisiero is out injured indefinitely, yet another knee problem that required surgery. Supposedly not related to previous knee issues but that's hard to believe considering the lack of further information and injury record in that area. Alex Waller is the understudy and although impressive so far this season it's still a loss. Funnily enough his younger brother Ethan Waller will be the reserve loose head.

As a Saints fan I would expect the line up to look something like this. As mentioned Corbisiero is certainly out of both games, as is Foden who also has a knee injury. George Pisi is suspended.

Waller, A. Hartley. Ma'afu.
Lawes. Day.
Wood. Dickinson. Clark.
Dickson. Myler.
North. Burrell. Waldouck. Elliott*.
Wilson*.

Haywood, Waller, E, Mercey, Manoa, Dowson
Fotuali'i*. Dickson, G. Collins or Pisi, K.

*denotes player who missed last AP game with knocks so not guaranteed to recover in time.

There are some on the Saints forum saying North may move to 13 as Waldouck is only 3rd choice OC behind Pisi G & Wilson but think JM would want to try him there first in a lesser profile game first. Could happen though, Collins has looked decent enough in the last few games so he could in theory play 11 with North at 13 and Waldouck on the bench.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 20:51

thebandwagonsociety wrote:I like the sounds of that backrow. Would there be an option to get Jordi, SOB and Heaslip in the same starting backrow?  Is McLaughlin injured?
Jordi Murphy plays 7, so if SOB was to move to 6, then it could work very well.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 20:57

Golden wrote:Heard Thornley was saying Moore was wanted by Exeter, Racing and Castres. Seems a bit odd that the French teams wouldnt be after someone more established with all their cash.

Presume this is just talk to get a new contract?
Not a chance of him going to Exeter that is for sure. He will be first choice at Leinster within a couple of months (if it were up to most Leinster fans he'd be starting now, but its just the age old problem that the Irish have of holding players back)

Hopefully it is like you said, just a way of getting more money.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 21:00

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
thebandwagonsociety wrote:I like the sounds of that backrow. Would there be an option to get Jordi, SOB and Heaslip in the same starting backrow?  Is McLaughlin injured?
Why not just put Jordi at 6 and leave SOB at 7? SOB has been immense there. For the away game though I would want either Ruddock or Locky starting. Rhys has been very good this season.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 21:01

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Why not just put Jordi at 6 and leave SOB at 7? SOB has been immense there. For the away game though I would want either Ruddock or Locky starting. Rhys has been very good this season.
You've changed your tune, you have wanted SOB moved to 6 for a long time.

SOB is more physical and better suited for the move.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 21:05

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
You've changed your tune, you have wanted SOB moved to 6 for a long time.

SOB is more physical and better suited for the move.
Ye I think we all did Smile But he has been very good at 7 this season.

Jordi is very physical too so 6 would suit him just aswell. But I think that would work better in the home game.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 0:29

B91212 wrote:
thebandwagonsociety wrote:Not sure whether to have Moore or Ross up against Corbs. Ross is probably still the better scrummager but it takes him a half to figure out his opponent.  Moore would adapt quicker and let Ross take advantage of a tiring Corbs in the second half.
Corbisiero is out injured indefinitely, yet another knee problem that required surgery. Supposedly not related to previous knee issues but that's hard to believe considering the lack of further information and injury record in that area. Alex Waller is the understudy and although impressive so far this season it's still a loss. Funnily enough his younger brother Ethan Waller will be the reserve loose head.

As a Saints fan I would expect the line up to look something like this. As mentioned Corbisiero is certainly out of both games, as is Foden who also has a knee injury. George Pisi is suspended.

Waller, A. Hartley. Ma'afu.
Lawes. Day.
Wood. Dickinson. Clark.
Dickson. Myler.
North. Burrell. Waldouck. Elliott*.
Wilson*.

Haywood, Waller, E, Mercey, Manoa, Dowson
Fotuali'i*. Dickson, G. Collins or Pisi, K.

*denotes player who missed last AP game with knocks so not guaranteed to recover in time.

There are some on the Saints forum saying North may move to 13 as Waldouck is only 3rd choice OC behind Pisi G & Wilson but think JM would want to try him there first in a lesser profile game first. Could happen though, Collins has looked decent enough in the last few games so he could in theory play 11 with North at 13 and Waldouck on the bench.
Hay mate,
Not sure anyone here cares about the Saints line-up quite yet.  This looks a bit more like a northampton v. LEINSTER thread, at least at the moment.  

Regarding North I don't like trying untried players at different positions.  This is one point which Lancaster was accused of getting wrong.  At least North did play 13 for Wales the other day for a little time.  With that in mind, if he can be effective he could open up more space for our young wingers.  On the other hand, he seemed to play better for Wales than for Saints (so far).  Can he pass the ball?

I think Saints pack is still pretty handy, even if Corbs is out.  This will be a fantastic test for the young Props.   In the back row, I am still not sure whether it is better to start Clark or Dowson.  I suppose the argument is Dowson can cover all three back row positions.

If healthy Wilson should be good at fullback.  

Hoping for the best!

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 14:39

doctor_grey wrote:
Not sure anyone here cares about the Saints line-up quite yet.  This looks a bit more like a northampton v. LEINSTER thread, at least at the moment.  
Get more Northampton posters on here is the answer. Don't think I can help you there.

11 replies in 27 hours? I don't think many people here give a boll1x about either side tbh. No reply to you in 14 hours.

General lack of interest in the forum anyway. Seems to have died gradually with European Rugby.

I will be visiting Northampton in hope but not expectation. Best of luck. I hope you almost win a thriller. Smile 

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coltnet Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 20:19

Really looking forward to this one. Very tight game but hoping we have enough at home. Worried about the RDS though. Although we did turn over Ulster at Ravenhill after losing at home so who knows!!! Excited!!!!

Coltnet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 20:25

Its at the Aviva this time Colt Smile

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Coltnet Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 20:39

Really? Piece of cake then! Not!!!

Coltnet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 21:39

Ye just got my tickets recently for it too. Can't wait!!

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 22:38

4pts and Saints with no LBP. That will do me. I expect it.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 22:41

Gibson wrote:4pts and Saints with no LBP. That will do me. I expect it.
in the interest of balance on this thread, i'd just like to say that i predict a 15 point whupping applied to Leinster. And no LBP unless they change the meaning of the L to Leinster Wink

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 22:42

quinsforever wrote:
Gibson wrote:4pts and Saints with no LBP. That will do me. I expect it.
in the interest of balance on this thread, i'd just like to say that i predict a 15 point whupping applied to Leinster. And no LBP unless they change the meaning of the L to Leinster Wink
Love it. guinness 
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 22:52

I'd be so happy with the 4 points that I wouldn't begrudge NH a bp or 2.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 23:09

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:I'd be so happy with the 4 points that I wouldn't begrudge NH a bp or 2.
Feic em, I say. This is a cruel comp. zen 

Good fans. Cardiff was a blast, before and after and the Saints fans were coolness and graciousness personified. Despite being devastated.  Id like to think we would have been too.  

The English clubs must rejoin for next year. Its phooking with my 2014/2015 schedule already. I love my English HC tours.

I mean that from the heart and as a fan. The ins and outs of power-grabbing, corporate, sugar-daddies in France and England don't interest me anymore.

Lets stop with the sabre-rattling, posturing, blame-game, xenophobic,  bollix already  and save the best comp on the Planet for  us lot. All of us.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 23:16

well gibbo if the english clubs get in sorted for 2014-15, then i promise i will come meet you at an HC game and you can show me those hollow legs jen mclady told me about guinness 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 23:25

quinsforever wrote:well gibbo if the english clubs get in sorted for 2014-15, then i promise i will come meet you at an HC game and you can show me those hollow legs jen mclady told me about guinness 
Quins mo chara, it would be an honour. Ale 

Man I love rugby. And I hate what is happening right now. It seems to fly in the  face of the very ethos of it all. That's what really worries me. What's left when these greedy power-loving kunst are finished with our game?

But feic it, it was coming. I just hope & pray it doesn't turn into a wendyball CL type scenario.

If all else fails... Thank feic for girlie beach-volleyball. Never lets me down...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJh-EkjlJME
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 23:33

it wont turn into wendyball. intl rugby has always been preeminent. club professional rugby is just trying to find its way.

football clubs in england were getting 60,00+ weekly attendance, at each game, in the 20s and 30s, when international matches had similar attendances. ie, 100x as many people watched the club game as international over the course of a season. that's why club football always was and still is the boss.

never going to happen in rugby.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 23:34

maybe ASBO can convince the chiefs to play in HC even if the rest of the clubs dont, and we can invade sandy park for the occasion next year? guinness 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 23:38

quinsforever wrote:it wont turn into wendyball. intl rugby has always been preeminent. club professional rugby is just trying to find its way.

football clubs in england were getting 60,00+ weekly attendance, at each game, in the 20s and 30s, when international matches had similar attendances. ie, 100x as many people watched the club game as international over the course of a season. that's why club football always was and still is the boss.

never going to happen in rugby.
That bud, is pure logic.  Long may it not reign.  Lets keep it to ourselves roysh?guinness 
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 23:47

quinsforever wrote:maybe ASBO can convince the chiefs to play in HC even if the rest of the clubs dont, and we can invade sandy park for the occasion next year? guinness 
I was there last year with Leinster, bud. Asbo hosted 20 of us from all over. Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales and France. An honest Scouser and a token Keewee even. A stunning time was had. Near died laughing. It was the worst weekend of the year weather-wise. Trains and boats and planes cancelled or delayed. It looked impossible for most of us,   yet we all got there.  Best HC weekend  ever. Yerman picked us up one-by-one at the station, through major snow-drifts.  He is some host.  Near phookin died of the cold in Sandy Pork  mind. Got warmed up tho. WhiskEy with an E you see. None of that synthetic Scottish shoite.

Cue Asbo...

See, this is what the Heino really means to me. Its far much more than rugby.

And those that phook with it...

McCafferty are you hearing me squire?

Last edited by Gibson on Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 0:56; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 23:52

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
Get more Northampton posters on here is the answer. Don't think I can help you there.

11 replies in 27 hours? I don't think many people here give a boll1x about either side tbh. No reply to you in 14 hours.

General lack of interest in the forum anyway. Seems to have died gradually with European Rugby.

I will be visiting Northampton in hope but not expectation. Best of luck. I hope you almost win a thriller. Smile 
First off, I hope you have a great time in Northampton.  Shame I can't make it over for the match but the crowd should be great fun.  The match has all the makings of terrific Rugby.  So I am a bit surprised it hasn't attracted more attention.  I hope the current pishing contest over the Heineken Cup isn't ruining things.

I always liked Leinster, except for that slight bump in the road a few years ago in the Finals.  I accept your apology for ruining my Saturday! Please, please don't do it again.

All the best.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 0:05

Healy
Cronin
Moore
Toner
McCarthy
Ruddock
O'Brien
Heaslip

Reddan
Madigan
Fitzgerald
D'Arcy
O'Driscoll
Kirchner
R Kearney

Dundon
McGrath
Ross
Cullen
Jennings
Boss
Gopperth
D Kearney

Loving that team and squad Jen. Agree with all of it. Except, you know and I know, that Gopperth will start. And so should Boss.  Id pick Gopps (very Jamie of niet?), over Maddser for this one. Heresy you say? Maybe. But its the right call for this one. Gopps is a Controller. Madigan is still a work in progress at HC level.

Maddser at 10 at the Av.. Avi.. Lansdowne Road.

Last edited by Gibson on Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 1:37; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 0:09

doctor_grey wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:

First off, I hope you have a great time in Northampton.  Shame I can't make it over for the match but the crowd should be great fun.  The match has all the makings of terrific Rugby.  So I am a bit surprised it hasn't attracted more attention.  I hope the current pishing contest over the Heineken Cup isn't ruining things.

I always liked Leinster, except for that slight bump in the road a few years ago in the Finals.  I accept your apology for ruining my Saturday!  Please, please don't do it again.

All the best.
Docta, Docta. You rock man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTbzyqr0TRo
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 0:34

Gibson wrote:Docta, Docta. You rock man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTbzyqr0TRo
Baby, baby.
Right from the heart!

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by gleesonisgod Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 11:43

I don't buy the Reddan for home games and Boss for away games nonsense anymore. Reddan has gotten so bad that it doesn't matter. I'd personally have McGrath or Cooney ahead of him.

Back three is where it gets tough to select. On form R Kearney should be the one missing out, especially since Kirchner probably has to start and hasn't game time on the wing.

I'd also like to see Lukey Fitz and BOD in the centre at some stage.

I'm still really annoyed that we didn't offload two of our back rows after last season. 3 top quality back rowers have to miss out every big game, it's not good for irish their careers or Irish rugby.

Is Locky injured by the way?

gleesonisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 12:13

gleesonisgod wrote:I don't buy the Reddan for home games and Boss for away games nonsense anymore. Reddan has gotten so bad that it doesn't matter. I'd personally have McGrath or Cooney ahead of him.
Disagree, and he may well start this week.
gleesonisgod wrote:
Back three is where it gets tough to select. On form R Kearney should be the one missing out, especially since Kirchner probably has to start and hasn't game time on the wing.
Wow! were you in Antarctica under a rock the weekend of the NZ game and forgot to record it? Smile 
gleesonisgod wrote:
I'd also like to see Lukey Fitz and BOD in the centre at some stage.
Possibly Darce and Luke at 13 seeing as Bod will go a year before Darce, but he could end up at 12 too. hard to say.
gleesonisgod wrote:
I'm still really annoyed that we didn't offload two of our back rows after last season. 3 top quality back rowers have to miss out every big game, it's not good for irish their careers or Irish rugby.
I can sympathise with this. Great for us to have Murphy, Ruddock and Ryan behind the 4 who have got all the HC starts, but not great for them or possibly Irish Rugby. Something has to give for next season. Given that Gilsenan, Conan and Leavy are coming along behind them.
gleesonisgod wrote:
Is Locky injured by the way?
No. Himself and Boss sat it out last week. Not sure why. (Possibly means that Ruddock and Reddan may start though)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by gleesonisgod Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 13:13

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
gleesonisgod wrote:I don't buy the Reddan for home games and Boss for away games nonsense anymore. Reddan has gotten so bad that it doesn't matter. I'd personally have McGrath or Cooney ahead of him.
Disagree, and he may well start this week.
gleesonisgod wrote:
Wow! were you in Antarctica under a rock the weekend of the NZ game and forgot to record it? Smile 
)
Well it seems as if you've been living under a rock for the past season and a half. Reddan and Kearney have been in awful form.

We can't judge Kearney off the back back of a once off 'throw the kitchen sink at them' match. Just because somebody has a good game dosen't mean nobody could have played better, sort of like the Davies BOD debate.

gleesonisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 17:13

Rob had a Massive game v the ABs. You have a point that by his own high standards he has been a bit quiet and not ALL of it due to injury. (Back opps etc)

Redser was out for almost half of last season with a broken leg, and has mixed good and bad since he came back. I think he has been improving recently.

No one else has the rhythm he has from ruck to ruck. He generates great quick ball, and a lot of Leinster's "irresistible" phase play over the last 4 seasons has been with him at SH.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 18:50

Stereotypically Boss used always get the best out of the pack and backrow while Reddan would get the best out of the backline.

How is the Saint's injury list doing this week?  Will they get a couple back for the weekend?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by gleesonisgod Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 19:12

Ruddock, Ryan, and Murphy, play just as well if not better than Locky, Jennings, and Heaslip, in Rabo matches, would really love to see them starting in the HC.

TBH I wouldn't mind a few injuries.

gleesonisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 19:31

This is the match I'm looking forward to the most this weekend.  Saints have some very big players missing though (who doesn't) but no Corbisiero, Foden and Fotuali'i all injured and George Pisi suspended....

Have to fancy Leinster on account of that.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 19:48

Be careful what you wish for terms of the backrow situation. Ruddock and Jenno are out of contract and Ryan is rumoured to be leaving (probably the right move on his part)

We have great depth there and you should never complain About that. We could end up a bit short for a while if we are not careful. Remember Conan, Van de Flier and Leavy are only potential at this stage. There is nothing to suggest they will make it at this level.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Coltnet Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 21:43

Can some of our Irish friends tell me if this character assassination is usual from this paper?
Have they just given Saints their team talk?
Even more excited now! Woohoo not long to go!
http://www.herald.ie/sport/rugby/saints-youve-got-to-be-joking-29813122.html

Coltnet

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 21:51

what a lame article. lawes and hartley in particular were magnificent in the AIs for England.

can't imagine it will bother them that much.

the piece does stink of fear though. can't imagine the leinster players feel that way, or are particularly worried.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Coltnet Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 21:59

Writer hasn't even added his name!

Coltnet

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 0:35

Coltnet wrote:Can some of our Irish friends tell me if this character assassination is usual from this paper?
Holy merde!
A big giant load of post-digested Vindaloo.
Methinks this writer has a lot of inner conflicts to resolve, must be a mother/authority figure/sex object fixation problem.

Troglodytes! Damn, I support Troglodytes.

Oh when the Trogs go marching in.............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 1:12

Coltnet wrote:Can some of our Irish friends tell me if this character assassination is usual from this paper?
Jaysus, he could have just listed the Saints starting 15, with an insult to the players mother beside each name.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 1:55

Coltnet wrote:Writer hasn't even added his name!
Pretty sure it's Franno. (Neil Francis) One of the laziest 2nd rows to ever get an Ireland cap (Talented though) He is the man who gave us the Ladyboys tag.

Don't mind the gobshyte. He is a bit odd.

Personally I like the saints. Lawes, Hartley and Clark can sail a bit close to the wind, but hey. whatchagonnado?

I hear Hartley if fine off the pitch, and sure we have our tough guys too. Healy and O'Brien take no prisoners. Nor a backward step either.

Epic clash awaits.

Just wait for secret weapon. Project Marty Moore! Invented in US Military genetic engineering prop project in area 51.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 8:39

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Coltnet wrote:Writer hasn't even added his name!
Pretty sure it's Franno. (Neil Francis) One of the laziest 2nd rows to ever get an Ireland cap (Talented though) He is the man who gave us the Ladyboys tag.

Don't mind the gobshyte. He is a bit odd.

Personally I like the saints. Lawes, Hartley and Clark can sail a bit close to the wind, but hey. whatchagonnado?

I hear Hartley if fine off the pitch, and sure we have our tough guys too. Healy and O'Brien take no prisoners. Nor a backward step either.

Epic clash awaits.

Just wait for secret weapon. Project Marty Moore! Invented in US Military genetic engineering prop project in area 51.
I assumed it was Franno too when i read it.

Marty Moore has all the hall marks of a Marvel Superhero, alliterative name, unstoppable force/immovable object, high gamma ray output etc.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 8:47

Neil Francis, eh?
That makes sense.
Every nation has their special people for whom it seems their their life's mission is to insult other nations and peoples, and bring the national intelligence level down a few pegs. Neil Francis is one of Ireland's.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 12:11

Gibson wrote:Healy
Cronin
Moore
Toner
McCarthy
Ruddock
O'Brien
Heaslip

Reddan
Madigan
Fitzgerald
D'Arcy
O'Driscoll
Kirchner
R Kearney

Dundon
McGrath
Ross
Cullen
Jennings
Boss
Gopperth
D Kearney

Loving that team and squad Jen. Agree with all of it. Except, you know and I know, that Gopperth will start. And so should Boss.  Id pick Gopps (very Jamie of niet?), over Maddser for this one. Heresy you say? Maybe. But its the right call for this one. Gopps is a Controller. Madigan is still a work in progress at HC level.  

Maddser at 10 at the Av.. Avi.. Lansdowne Road.
You were saying?

He just put the TH props the other way round. Fecker wouldn't listen to me when I told him to start Moore.Laugh 

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 12:49

Ruddock getting another big game is good to see,unfortunate for McLaughlin to get injured but Ruddock is starting to hit some real form.He's still very young so now that his body is catching up with his talent he could be one hell of a player.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next