The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+28
kouchi
Hibbz
hend085
Shotrock
BlueCoverman
golfermartin
Plunky
Doc
Bob_the_Job
I'm never wrong
puligny
dynamark
barragan
Roller_Coaster
westisbest
MustPuttBetter
lorus59
beninho
SmithersJones
JAS
pedro
1GrumpyGolfer
Davie
kwinigolfer
raycastleunited
navyblueshorts
McLaren
mystiroakey
32 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 03 Dec 2013, 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

That's why these pursuits should be undertaken in videogames and not in real life. Real life has a nasty habit of finding you out to be the hopeless loser you don't think you are.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 19 Dec 2013, 4:06 pm

That looks like the biggest euphemism I've seen in ages Monty!!!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Davie Thu 19 Dec 2013, 8:26 pm

golfermartin wrote:They will have a pretty uncomfortable time in prison that's for sure.

Maybe, but maybe not. Depending on the prison they go to it could be "run" by a Muslim brotherhood gang that would treat them as heroes. I wouldn't bet they'd get worse treatment than a kiddy-fiddler for example as they are despised by everyone in prison

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:05 am

MontysMerkin wrote:Anyone skiing/snowboarding this year? Alps look nice n snowy...

St Anton in 1st Week in Feb Monty,
My favourite resort. Snow looks great already.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:25 am

super_realist wrote:
MontysMerkin wrote:Anyone skiing/snowboarding this year? Alps look nice n snowy...

St Anton in 1st Week in Feb Monty,
My favourite resort. Snow looks great already.
Nice work, have been tempted by st anton this year but decided on meribel. Is that the austrian place with the moose bar and cheesy eurotechno? Supposed to be carnage!
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:28 am

Yeah, that's the place. I did a couple of winter seasons there when I was younger. Awesome place, great terrain on and off piste, great snow and cheap beer.
They keep extending it too, another 70km this year.

Been to Meribel a few times too, but prefer Austria.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:38 am

Yeah we've been to meribel for the last few years and it's pretty good. Lots of good runs. I'm the only snowboarder left now so I need to go to places I've been before or the buggers clear off and leave me putting my board on! Got a really good deal fully catered - 400 notes each including booze! Think st anton will have to be next....
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:41 am

Wow, that's super cheap. When are you going?

Meribel terrain is pretty good, or rather over in Courchevel , but I don't like the airport transfer time or the lack of Alpine charm there.

I'd highly recommend St.Anton as a boarder.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:50 am

Going 18th jan. flights 80 quid each way so looking very cost effective!
Courchevel does have some great runs and some nice spots for the obligatory vin chauds. Last few times the conditions have been perfect - blue skies n loads of snow. And pretty empty. Quite funny in Courchevel to see all the fat old russian farts with several rather tasty 'nieces' in tow!
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:55 am

Yeah, Courchevel is a funny place. I don't really understand why billionaire Russians go to it so much as it's a bit of a dump and could really do with being knocked down and rebuilt. Like many Froggy resorts it's a bit like a 70's council estate in places.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 20 Dec 2013, 12:18 pm

Not really been round the town to be honest. And I'm usually kuntzed anyway  Ale RedWine RedWine RedWine Ale Ale Ale RedWine RedWine Ale Ale Whisky Whisky Whisky Whisky Whisky Whisky Whisky thumbsup
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 20 Dec 2013, 12:38 pm

The alps are the only place I don't get a hangover. On the lash and up for first lifts

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 20 Dec 2013, 12:39 pm

super_realist wrote:The alps are the only place I don't get a hangover. On the lash and up for first lifts
Thats the way! However I have found that as I age, my starts are getting a bit more "relaxed"...
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:09 pm

Super

I thought you didn't drink?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 21 Dec 2013, 9:40 am

McLaren wrote:Super

I thought you didn't drink?

What made you think that Mac? I don't drink every weekend, but I do drink.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 22 Dec 2013, 10:48 am

Here's one for Mac to get his brown y-fronts in a twist :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25475862

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 22 Dec 2013, 12:18 pm

I don't see the big deal with that comment, seems like good clean fun to me. Some people are too easily offended.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 22 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm

I have no doubt that the black community in a country like south africa is far more affected by AIDS than the white community. Although I doubt that is the point she was trying to make, so really a pretty stupid thing to say. Hardly offensive however.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 22 Dec 2013, 12:30 pm

incontinentia wrote:I don't see the big deal with that comment, seems like good clean fun to me. Some people are too easily offended.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh  The irony, cough "potatoes" cough, "luck of the irish" cough cough

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 22 Dec 2013, 6:53 pm

super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:I don't see the big deal with that comment, seems like good clean fun to me. Some people are too easily offended.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh  The irony,   cough "potatoes" cough, "luck of the irish" cough cough
Err, maybe Incon was being ironic??? Smile 
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Dec 2013, 9:27 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25488259

Bloody religious morons.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon 23 Dec 2013, 12:54 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/08/fans-outraged-after-fake-kanye-west-interview-sees-him-declare-i-am-next-nelson-mandela-4222366/

I'm not sure what's funnier, the fact that most people seemed to believe this satirical story originally, or that some people are so dumb they cannot even understand an article telling them it is a fake story.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Dec 2013, 12:55 pm

Its a massive non story, really cannot see why it was reported. It seems its just something so that people can have a go at muslims.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Dec 2013, 2:22 pm

beninho wrote:Its a massive non story, really cannot see why it was reported. It seems its just something so that people can have a go at muslims.
To be fair, religious beliefs are a perfectly legitimate target for ridicule, but it isn't worth reporting it. Strange how they don't report the Muslims who do sell alcohol. Plenty of them

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 23 Dec 2013, 9:04 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Its a massive non story, really cannot see why it was reported. It seems its just something so that people can have a go at muslims.
To be fair, religious beliefs are a perfectly legitimate target for ridicule, but it isn't worth reporting it. Strange how they don't report the Muslims who do sell alcohol. Plenty of them
I think they reported it because it was the only one they could find who actually did refuse to sell it...  Whistle

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 24 Dec 2013, 8:13 am

super_realist wrote:

How many of us work in a job where we can pick and choose what parts of the job we are prepared to do and would get away with point blank refusing to other parts of the role that we didn't agree with.

If she felt that strongly about it she should either a) Realised that selling alcohol may have been part of the job and so not taken up the role or b) made her beliefs clear BEFORE accepting the role and got an exclusion written into her contract of employment.

Gross misconduct...sack her (going through proper process), anything less is giving the thin end of the wedge a foothold.

Last edited by JAS on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 24 Dec 2013, 9:50 am

The spokeswoman said: "Where we have an employee whose religious beliefs restrict food or drink they can handle, we work closely with our members of staff to place them in suitable roles, such as in our clothing department or bakery in foods.

"As a secular business we have an inclusive policy that welcomes all religious beliefs whether across our customer or employee base. This policy has been in place for many years, and when followed correctly, we do not believe that it should compromise our ability to offer the highest level of customer service. We apologise that this policy was not followed in the case reported."

It was a balls up by M&S it seems. Still is a non story. And there is no need to sack her, she was polite and the customer said she had no issues.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 24 Dec 2013, 10:03 am

beninho wrote:The spokeswoman said: "Where we have an employee whose religious beliefs restrict food or drink they can handle, we work closely with our members of staff to place them in suitable roles, such as in our clothing department or bakery in foods.

"As a secular business we have an inclusive policy that welcomes all religious beliefs whether across our customer or employee base. This policy has been in place for many years, and when followed correctly, we do not believe that it should compromise our ability to offer the highest level of customer service. We apologise that this policy was not followed in the case reported."

It was a balls up by M&S it seems. Still is a non story. And there is no need to sack her, she was polite and the customer said she had no issues.

I'm not sure why any particular branch of fairytale should be given any sort of special treatment. People don't have a right to have their baseless beliefs shown any respect.

If you want to believe in something without a reason, do it on your own time, don't bring it into work and expect people to accommodate it.

Making policy in regard to something as absurd and ridiculous as religion is crazy.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 24 Dec 2013, 10:18 am

Of course people do not have a right to have their beliefs shown respect. But if a company wants to do that, then that is down to the company, they obviously believe that being inclusive to peoples beliefs, makes them a better company for people to work for. I would assume that if they had a Vegan who works in the clothes department they would not ask them to cover the butchers section.

I am not overly religious, but I would not want to work Christmas Day, and am glad my employer takes this religious day into account.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 24 Dec 2013, 12:46 pm

Veganism is a lifestyle choice with demonstrable effects (fewer animals die). Very different to the fantasism of any religion.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 25 Dec 2013, 5:45 pm

Not a Chelsea fan or a John Terry fan, but I wonder how many people (super?) watched the "My Special Day" feature on Sky Sports today. Sometimes a little overly-sentimental but this was a great feature and surely did the reputation of players like JT no end of good. May very well be an undesirable character in many ways but his stock goes up 1000% after that

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 27 Dec 2013, 8:01 am

I am intrigued, what exactly was it that made you think of JT in a positive light.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 27 Dec 2013, 8:32 am

Did you actually see it?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 27 Dec 2013, 9:12 am

Davie wrote:Did you  actually see it?

No, i am not able to watch it. hence the request for an explanation.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 27 Dec 2013, 9:35 am

Davie wrote:Not a Chelsea fan or a John Terry fan, but I wonder how many people (super?) watched the "My Special Day" feature on Sky Sports today. Sometimes a little overly-sentimental but this was a great feature and surely did the reputation of players like JT no end of good. May very well be an undesirable character in many ways but his stock goes up 1000% after that

I'm sure even Hitler bought his mum a present on her birthday, didn't mean I thought he was a great bloke.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 27 Dec 2013, 11:22 am

Did you see it super?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 27 Dec 2013, 11:39 am

Davie wrote:Did you see it super?

No, I wouldn't waste an hour of my life on that ugly , thick scumbag.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 27 Dec 2013, 4:06 pm

Waste of time mentioning it then. May just have opened your eyes but for someone so rigid in their views I doubt it

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 27 Dec 2013, 5:38 pm

Davie wrote:Waste of time mentioning it then. May just have opened your eyes but for someone so rigid in their views I doubt it

What would be the point, my life won't be any better for finding out that John Terry is not the moronic idiot he seems but actually a good egg.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 27 Dec 2013, 9:47 pm

Well for a few hours it actually gave be a slightly more good feeling about him and footballers in general. You've put a full stop on that though with your usual cheery outlook. Thanks

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 27 Dec 2013, 10:46 pm

super_realist wrote:
Davie wrote:Waste of time mentioning it then. May just have opened your eyes but for someone so rigid in their views I doubt it

What would be the point, my life won't be any better for finding out that John Terry is not the moronic idiot he seems but actually a good egg.

Why wouldn't it be any better? Finding out that humanity isn't quite as terrible as you thought has to be heartening doesn't it?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 27 Dec 2013, 11:22 pm

As I said before, I can't watch it. So why not explain what it was that made you change your mind about Terry? So yes it may open my eyes but not unless you share what the show was about.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 28 Dec 2013, 6:39 am

It is a feature that Sky Sports do where they arrange a "special day" for kids with illnesses to meet their sporting heros.

This Irish kid wanted to meet John Terry and he (and all the Chelsea staff) were absolutely brilliant with him.

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 28 Dec 2013, 10:07 am

Davie wrote:It is a feature that Sky Sports do where they arrange a "special day" for kids with illnesses to meet their sporting heros.

This Irish kid wanted to meet John Terry and he (and all the Chelsea staff) were absolutely brilliant with him.

They always say the Irish aren't too bright  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh 

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 28 Dec 2013, 10:22 am

SR Jesus bud you seem happy!!

happy new year anyway..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 28 Dec 2013, 10:31 am

super you should try to be nicer to the Irish as a new years resolution. why not pay a visit to one of our world-class links courses in 2014, and then afterwards immerse yourself in the culture and hospitality of the emerald isle?

www.discoverireland.ie
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 28 Dec 2013, 10:34 am

The best course I have ever played is ballybunion..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 28 Dec 2013, 10:38 am

and the Irish chicks really dig the scottish accent  Ok! 
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:01 am

That's not a bad idea Inco, going to check out Wales in spring with a round at Celtic Manor so might smuggle in a couple of sacks of King Eddies to Oireland too

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:24 am

I have played celtic manor 3 times and every time it has been sodden.. No luck there.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 28 Dec 2013, 12:22 pm

super_realist wrote:That's not a bad idea Inco, going to check out Wales in spring with a round at Celtic Manor so might smuggle in a couple of sacks of King Eddies to Oireland too
some top links courses on the west coast, we don't serve sheep entrails over here though you'll be disappointed to know.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next