The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester City 6 Arsenal 3

2 posters

Go down

Manchester City 6 Arsenal 3 Empty Manchester City 6 Arsenal 3

Post by hampo17 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:41 am

Darren Knight, our new football writer and massive Man City fan, has given his review of Saturdays top of the table clash. As always, feedback is welcomed.

http://v2journal.com/22/post/2013/12/manchester-city-vs-arsenal.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Manchester City 6 Arsenal 3 Empty Re: Manchester City 6 Arsenal 3

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun 22 Dec 2013, 2:26 pm

Manchester City are an attacking steamroller this season. Their "If-you-score-five-we'll-score-six" approach is exciting to watch and great for all of us who support stumbling, stuttering League Two clubs. We can watch City as neutrals and just enjoy.

Can City win the Premiership title playing like this..? I'd like to think they can and would be delighted if they did, but....................

Back in 1972 I remember David Coleman asking Bill Shankly which of four clubs challenging for the championship that season was most likely to win it replied; "The team that concedes the fewest goals."

Sadly, that is as true today as it was back then. As much as I love to see City rattling in goals against all and sundry at home, it has to be recognised that they are having difficulties in outscoring opponents in away games and that could be their undoing.

Titles are most often won by teams that win lots of away matches by 1 - 0.

Shanks knew what he was talking about.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down