The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherlock - feeling cheated?

+12
Ent
Crimey
Paul Mac 6CW
Rowley
Kenny
ShahenshahG
hampo17
Hulking_up
rIck_dAgless
JDizzle
seanmichaels
Bull
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sherlock - feeling cheated? - Page 2 Empty Sherlock - feeling cheated?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Just watched the first episode of Series three and without giving too much away, I do feel somewhat let down by the convenient explanation re his faked death and the whole thing in general.

Got a lot of time for Mark Gatiss but just feel that he's taken a bit of soft option here. Now, I may be doing him a dis-service and subsequent episodes may tie everything up nicely (as the ending woud suggest there's a further plot twist) but I get the sneaking suspicion that the BBC have asked him to rein in his intellect for the viewing masses and not make it too complicated.

The annoyance for me is that, having read the Conan Doyle originals, I'm frustrated by the simplicity of the New Year's day episode. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy it but there seemed to be very little in the way of Holmes' famed deductive skills which made te earlier episodes so enjoyable

There's the early scene in the restaurant with maitre D and it flashes up on screen that he's an expectant father. Holmes says, "That will be your wife texting, she's probably gone into labour" so the guy rushes out the door and we're just expected to take it as read that he's correct without any explanation. There's also an earlier scene where someone is told their wife is having an affair and they rush of but we just leave it at that with no explanation of how we came to that conclusion. Now, go back a couple of years and take the very first episode when Holmes and Watson examine the scene of the dead woman in the abandoned house and Holmes goes to great length to explain about how she's come to be there (Wedding Ring, wet clothes, missing suitcase etc)....this series, nah, can't be bothered.

Come on guys, you're better than this...sadly, I reckon it's already been written and filmed so my pleas will fall of deaf ears.

Back to top Go down

Sherlock - feeling cheated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock - feeling cheated?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:41 am

Leaves it open for Watson to admit that he DID view the files on that USB stick and the possibility of people from Mary's past coming back to seek revenge but then what you have is a bog standard action/crime drama as opposed to something more cerebral which is what I thought tey were looking for when the made the series in the first place.

Would absolutely LOVE to see Mads Mikkelsen come in as a character looking to seek revenge for his brother (played by Lars Mikkelsen)

Trouble I'd start wondering why Hannibal was wandering round the streets of London and it would all get a bit too silly.

Anyway, I'm intrigued as to how they'll approach the new twist with Moriarty and just hope it's not a cop out that doesn't require the viewer to ask too many questions such as "What's this load of **** they're trying to sell me?" Otherwise you'll end up with someone on a forum writing articles entitled "Sherlock - feeling cheated?"

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2