The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 6th January

+4
MetalMotty
Shot 21 LCFC
Adam D
crippledtart
8 posters

Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 6th January Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 6th January

Post by crippledtart Mon 06 Jan 2014, 9:47 pm

The v2 Wrestling Podcast is back to its daily schedule, starting tonight as Chris and Gavin discuss the imminent WWE return of Batista.

You can listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-06T13_20_22-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 6th January Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 6th January

Post by crippledtart Tue 07 Jan 2014, 6:02 pm

This evening Adam and Gavin take a look at recent TNA developments at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-07T10_01_11-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 6th January Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 6th January

Post by Adam D Tue 07 Jan 2014, 6:59 pm

crippledtart wrote:This evening Adam and Gavin take a look at recent TNA developments at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-07T10_01_11-08_00

Just to add a bit of detail to that!

Gavin and Adam talk about the character development of some of the TNA wrestlers since BFG - Bully Ray, Samuel Shaw, Magnus and James Storm.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 08 Jan 2014, 12:30 pm

Talking of character development, why does your name now have a small 'd' in?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 08 Jan 2014, 9:59 pm

Tonight's show is now up at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-08T13_57_14-08_00

Chris and Gavin discuss Monday's Old School WWE Raw.

The roles of Ric Flair, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Roddy Piper and the New Age Outlaws are analysed, and ideas are shared for the best way to utilise legends.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Thu 09 Jan 2014, 12:07 pm

good shows guys have enjoyed all 3.

I do agree that Batista isnt the biggest star around, but still a decent one to bring in, just a shame the return was spoiled, think that would have made a bigger impact intially.

With all the rumors about TNA in disarray, will be intersting to see what directions the company takes, the new characters might be short term rather than long term for some.

Old school Raw i thought was good for the most part, i think the "legends" or more like past wrestlers were used well. Yeah was great to see Jake and how much better he is. If you compare it to last time he was on a wwe show ( i think it was 2005 ) when he was doing something with Orton, where he was looking old, fat etc He looks so much better.

It would be nice to see him in the rumble if he can still go. I like the idea of giving him one more shot, maybe not at WWE heavyweight title, but maybe the US or IC championship, as i believe Jake has never won a title even though he has been a big star.

Hopefully wwe can use him in developmental, as his ring psychology and promos were brilliant back in the day.

Oh and yes his theme tune is brilliant and i seem to remember him having it around 1990 if not earlier Very Happy

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 09 Jan 2014, 8:38 pm

Tonight's show is now up at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-09T12_29_15-08_00

In the second instalment of a monthly feature, Chris and Gavin predict the Wrestlemania 30 card.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 09 Jan 2014, 8:40 pm

Last month's predictions are as follows:

Trish Stratus or Mickie James vs AJ lee
The Undertaker vs John Cena
Triple H vs Daniel Bryan
Sin cara vs Rey Mysterio
The Shield vs The Wyatts
Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
Randy Orton vs Big E Langston
CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar
Alberto Del Rio vs Chris Jericho

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 09 Jan 2014, 9:10 pm

Wow, that shows how little faith we had in Orton being unified champ and having a big Mania match! I haven't heard this month's predictions yet, but I'm guessing he's a little higher up the card than a match with Big E!!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 09 Jan 2014, 10:20 pm

Listening in and recording as Gav interviews DDP. Incredible talker but gets lost talking as much as he keeps getting lost on the drive he's on!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 10 Jan 2014, 9:00 pm

Tonight's show is up at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-10T12_56_35-08_00 as Adam and Richard brainstorm ideas for new championship belts in wrestling.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 10 Jan 2014, 10:57 pm

I like Adam's idea of an inter-promotional title,

Your right though, politics would get in the way of an efficient working of this belt

I think the fairest way to make it up is to have all the promotions who wish to be involved in this title sign up under a governing body

This body, built of an alliance of other wrestling promotions would use a selection committee, to decide which wrestler has the necessary attributes to best represent them as champion, he would then travel the different promotions defending the belt against their top star

As the belt gains prestige, this will draw more fans to the promotion and if this wrestler, perceived as one of the best wrestlers in the world, would be taken to the limit by the home wrestler and escape with the title by the skin of his teeth, thereby enhancing the home wrestler.

If a title change is deemed, the selection committee will select a new champion and set up the match.

As what to name this belt, well it's a wrestling championship, created to be defended amongst an alliance of wrestling promotions from all over the nation of the U.S.A, so I guess the National Wrestling Alliance Championship would be sensible, you could call it the NWA for short.

By joe I think I've cracked it!

You're welcome Wink

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 10 Jan 2014, 11:07 pm

I like your use of Damien Sandow's catchphrase at the end there, given that he is presumably named after Billy Sandow, who, along with his brother, is credited with coining the National Wrestling Alliance name.

Nice work.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 10 Jan 2014, 11:17 pm

crippledtart wrote:I like your use of Damien Sandow's catchphrase at the end there, given that he is presumably named after Billy Sandow, who, along with his brother, is credited with coining the National Wrestling Alliance name.

Nice work.

You mean someone invented the NWA before me, ah well's back to the drawing board, I have this great idea where you start with 2 men in the ring and 28 are released at 2 minute intervals, just trying to think how to stop the ring filling up, it would take ages for them to all pin each other, if only there was a quicker way......I'll get back to you when I've worked out the kinks

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 11 Jan 2014, 6:54 am

Adam D wrote:
crippledtart wrote:This evening Adam and Gavin take a look at recent TNA developments at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-07T10_01_11-08_00

Just to add a bit of detail to that!

Gavin and Adam talk about the character development of some of the TNA wrestlers since BFG - Bully Ray, Samuel Shaw, Magnus and James Storm.

Good show guys, some nice discussion. I agree with the Bully Ray thing, although I think his match against Mr Anderson at Genesis will be good. Hopefully after this feud he`ll go back to being good ol` (bad) Bully Ray.

As far as all characters being shades of grey, I think there are a few exceptions - Roode I believe is a full blown heel and has been for a few years now. He doesn`t look like he`s about to change any time soon. Hardy is a full blown baby face, yes he has been a heel, but I doubt he`ll ever go back to being heel now. Hardy is too popular with the fans and naturally is a laid back, cool kinda guy for him to become a heel again. It didn`t work before and I think the lesson has been learnt. The last example would be Sting. Sting has been face for so long now I can`t remember the last time he was heel in TNA.

I have mixed feelings about TNA right now. So far they don`t seem to have a main event for Genesis, they`re giving cage matches away on free tv too close to the road to Lockdown, which is the very gimmick of the PPV and the divisions are too poorly organised - where is Kenny King? Where is Manick? Why are Aries and Sabin playing hot potato with the X-division title? What is going on with Angle, so he turned down his Hall of Fame spot but then goes on a losing streak to Roode immediately after claiming the best is yet to come from him!? However, saying that I do like the rivalry between Gunner and Storm. I think there is still time for Storm to have a world title run and think he is one of their most popular wrestlers. Gunner too is showing signs of potential. I also think Magnus could be a great heel champion. It`s a shame for him that the whole AJ contract dispute has not been resolved, because I think he could act the corporate champ really well, given time to develop his character.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 11 Jan 2014, 10:24 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
crippledtart wrote:I like your use of Damien Sandow's catchphrase at the end there, given that he is presumably named after Billy Sandow, who, along with his brother, is credited with coining the National Wrestling Alliance name.

Nice work.

You mean someone invented the NWA before me, ah well's back to the drawing board, I have this great idea where you start with 2 men in the ring and 28 are released at 2 minute intervals, just trying to think how to stop the ring filling up, it would take ages for them to all pin each other, if only there was a quicker way......I'll get back to you when I've worked out the kinks

How about the Royal Ruckus? I think that might work.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down