The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 20th January

3 posters

Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 20th January Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 20th January

Post by crippledtart Mon 20 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm

Tonight's podcast is up at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-20T14_07_26-08_00

Following on from talkingpoint's thread on the forum, Chris and Gavin discuss WWE's apparent lack of interest in signing TNA wrestlers.

Is it because WWE simply doesn't rate them, a sign that TNA is in a healthier financial position than has been let on, or something else?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 20th January Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 20th January

Post by talkingpoint Tue 21 Jan 2014, 4:53 am

Thanks guys, enjoyed the podcast. I completely agree that the WWE like to produce their own talent and that the TNA main event guys are getting on in their careers. I guess it comes down to the cliche would they rather want to be a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a large pond? I`m guessing some of the TNA guys (like Joe and Roode) possibly wouldn`t want to take the risk now.

As far as TNA`s financial state, I really don`t know how healthy they are. But, I think focussing on building their own talent now and making them into main eventers rather than focussing on getting in "legends" to boost the company`s credibility is a wise move forward. TNA have benefitted from having Sting, Angle and Hogan on their roster, but I don`t think they need them anymore. The company is in its 12 year (?) now, it has established itself as the No2 wrestling promotion (for what its worth) and so I do think although the contract situations seem to have been handled badly, the streamlining of the roster suggests a new era and new model.

Imagine 2014 with a tag team division built around the American Wolves and Bad Influence, the X-Division built around Aries and the world title built around Magnus, possibly Roode and Joe and a returning AJ. Then you have the upper mid card where you can have some good storylines and feuds with Bully Ray, Mr Anderson, Storm, Gunner, Angle and Hardy.

Now I don`t for a moment believe TNA will book all their talent correctly this year, but their roster is a good mix now of TNA originals and some of the best Indie guys. I think TNA could do very well this year relatively speaking.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 20th January Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 20th January

Post by crippledtart Tue 21 Jan 2014, 8:55 pm

Tonight, Chris and Gavin discuss the key ingredients that make a perfect Royal Rumble.

In a bumper 25-minute edition, we analyse the various factors that contributed towards the best Rumble matches.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-21T12_53_37-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 22 Jan 2014, 10:12 pm

Tonight, Chris is joined by Gavin and Richard to discuss favourite moments in Royal Rumble history, the best Rumble matches, and a few things to possibly look out for this Sunday.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-22T13_44_06-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 22 Jan 2014, 10:44 pm

talkingpoint wrote:
Now I don`t for a moment believe TNA will book all their talent correctly this year, but their roster is a good mix now of TNA originals and some of the best Indie guys. I think TNA could do very well this year relatively speaking.

Whoever got in guys like Roode, Kazaniels, Aries can take real pride. The roster has a lot of talent in it for some things, but let down by management

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:05 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
talkingpoint wrote:

Whoever got in guys like Roode, Kazaniels, Aries can take real pride. The roster has a lot of talent in it for some things, but let down by management

agree. thumbsup 

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 23 Jan 2014, 10:24 pm

Tonight, Chris is joined by Gavin and Paul for a special trip to Room 619, as we nominate our Royal Rumble pet hates.

Will anybody be successful in banishing their least favourite aspects of the Rumble match to oblivion?

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-23T14_23_08-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 24 Jan 2014, 8:06 pm

Tonight, Chris is joined by Gavin and Paul to preview Sunday's Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

We predict the winners of each match, with a few Rumble specials thrown in.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-24T11_57_19-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down