The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chuck.

3 posters

Go down

Chuck. Empty Chuck.

Post by hampo17 Wed 15 Jan 2014, 10:38 am

Has anyone seen this?

I stumbled across it on Netflix and I'm hooked Very Happy Currently half way through season 3, and I was reading that the ratings for the last season went down the pan which is why NBC pulled the plug which seems a shame, however Levi is looking to use Jumpstarter to fund a movie of it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chuck. Empty Re: Chuck.

Post by Brys Wed 15 Jan 2014, 2:25 pm

I've seen it all, watched it all as it was released at the time. I think it was Bravo who had the first two seasons over here before I think maybe Living picked up the third before dropping it and eventually ending up on Netflix.

It never had great ratings on NBC, was pretty much a bubble show from season one onwards though much like Fringe on Fox it had a loyal fan base. Plus there was a brilliant campaign started in the UK involving Subway that helped reduce costs for the later seasons as well. Based on ratings it was lucky to get a seond season and a lot of good fortune lead us to getting five wonderful seasons.

Brilliant show with some great unique characters, not sure I've seen Adam Baldwin in a better role. Had some amazing tunes on the soundtrack, some of thebest I've heard since Scrubs actually. Most amazing of all was the in show band Jeffster with some amazing covers with a comedic element, check out their Blaze of Glory cover if you can Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 15 Jan 2014, 4:48 pm

Jeffster rock! The wedding scene had me in stitches Very Happy

I agree re: Adam Baldwin, also liked him in Firefly.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Wed 15 Jan 2014, 5:13 pm

Yeah I enjoyed Adam Baldwin in FireFly and think he's been good in a few roles over the years. I think with Chuck though he found his best role and adds a comedic element I wasn't sure he possessed previously Smile

Yeah Jeffster are amazing and you'll really enjoy their tribute at the end of season 3 Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 18 Jan 2014, 7:59 am

That tribute was awesome Brys, actually fit the scene superbly as well Laugh

The General Beckmann character really grows on you as well, becomes a lot more human as the show goes on.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:11 pm

If you need a reason to watch other then the fact that it is an incredible show.

I have two words for you. Yvonne Stahovski.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 2:50 pm

Just finished season 4, not often I enjoy Timothy Dalton but I liked him in this.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down