The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under the Spotlight

Go down

Under the Spotlight  Empty Under the Spotlight

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:32 pm

Behind the Curtain has been granted unrestricted access to your 6CW superstars. Over the coming weeks we will strive to ask the questions that you always wanted to ask as we put them under the spotlight.

Our first visitor to the 'Behind the Curtain' offices was the current EWF champion Enforcer

IV: E It's great for you to give the time up for us today. We appreciate you have a busy schedule, so thanks

E: No problem - I think that 'Behind the Curtain' is a great way to bring 6CW to a wider audience. The more people that can see how great I am the better

IV: (Ha Ha) It's good to hear you're so supportive.
OK well, let's get started

(Enforcer nods)
IV: What is your earliest memory?
E: It's being told off by my mum, I must have been about 3 or 4. I don't know what had happened but I know my cousin who is two years older than me was there and crying with a bloodied nose. I can't say for sure but I would imagine that I was the person responsible for it!

IV: OK maybe that influenced your decision to become a professional sportsman. What did you want to be when you grew up?

E: I wanted to be someone who hurt people. When I was younger I didn't know what I could be that would let me do that, starting fights with kids bigger than me was the only thing that allowed me to release my aggression.

Then, when I was 16, one of my teachers pulled me aside and suggested I take up ice hockey. I have a lot to thank Mr George for, without that advice I dread to think where I would have ended up!

Contrary to popular belief ice hockey is a skillful game and is actually non contact until you are 18. Those first two years were good for me, I focused on becoming a better player and earned my place on the team.

My goal was to make it to the big leagues, but when you have a build like me you're targetted by other team's fighters. I ended up having to fight most nights to protect my teammates, I remembered how good it felt to physically dominate somebody and from there on I quickly established myself as the toughest SOB in the league.

IV: How did you get into wrestling?
E: I was running out of leagues to play in that wouldn't ban me just for stepping on the ice! I was looking for other ways to make the money I was used to, whilst still having the outlet for my aggression.

I took up bare knuckle boxing, but the money isn't there. Then I heard about a UK wrestling company who were on a recruitment drive. I contacted River Ace in 6wf and from there the rest is history.

IV: River Ace , there's a blast from the past.
As you said the rest is history but what has been your career highlight?

E: I loved Trash TV, teaming with Hobo and Diablo was great. Even when Hero was involved it was still a great team to be a part of. We set new standards (often low ones) and had unprecedented success as a group who did not take ourselves seriously.

That turned sour though and that makes it hard to pick as the highlight. Hero was the man to blame and I think cutting short his 'glorious return' to wrestling in EWF was the best thing I could have done for the company and for me. So ending Hero would be my highlight.

IV: Controversial. He's an office favourite round here. OK switching the mood a little.Tell us something about you that the readers won’t know?

E: I still own and occasionally drive my first car, a Fiat Panda! I can't bare to part with it, even though it is one of the smallest cars around.

IV: And what about down time, what do you do to relax?

E: I work out. If I'm not at the gym I'll be in the garage of my house hitting the punchbags. I can't sit down and do nothing, I get frustrated with the boredom and have to do something to get rid of the frustration!

The only true downtime I have is watching ice hockey. I try to take in as many games on TV as I can, but the frustration of not being able to play the game usually sees me working out again in no time at all!

IV: And what three things can you not live with out?

E: The gym, a supply of people to beat up and ice hockey.

IV: OK we're getting deep here. If you weren’t a wrestler what would you be?

E: As I said before I dread to think what would have happened had I not found ice hockey and from there wrestling! I would imagine I'd be doing a lengthy prison sentence right now to be honest...

IV: And what about your biggest regret?

E: Not being able to make 6we a success. I was world champion in 6wf and had the belt taken from me because they suspected I was going to defect. I should have been the biggest thing in 6we and heralded in the newest benchmark for professional wrestling, but the politics in 6wf had already diminished my love of the sport.

From 6we I drifted through 6CW and left the business altogether. I have had to work hard to get back to where I was...I sometimes wonder how much brighter my star would have been without that break.

IV: And looking to the future, where do you want to be in five years?
I want to be wherever the best talent in wrestling is and I want to be beating them on a regular basis!

IV: E you have been honest to the end, thankyou again for your time and good luck at Revolution against Mike Masters

E: Luck has nothing to do with it!

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Under the Spotlight  Empty Re: Under the Spotlight

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:52 am

Ladies and Gentlemen in our latest 'Under the Spotlight' The behind the curtain team sat down with the former EWF champion Liam 'The Viper' Wood

IV: Liam, Thanks for joing us today. It's been a fairly up and down ride for you since your EWF debut last year

LW: You can say that again

IV: Today Liam we want to get to know the real you, what were you like before EWF and what are your hopes for the future

Are you ready......

LW: Fire away

IV: What is your earliest memory?

LW: In life or wrestling...they're the same thing right!? In life though it was travelling with my parents, my Dad worked as a booker for various wrestling companies so we travelled a lot and I met some great wrestlers from a very young age...my earliest memory of wrestling? Fighting my cousin on our trampoline for a cardboard title belt at the age or 5 or 6.

IV: What did you want to be when you grew up?

LW: The moment I found wrestling I knew there was nothing else I could be, I just had a feeling that one day I'd be stood in that ring, with that crowd...with that belt...the moment I set my mind on that, nothing could stop me.

IV: How did you get into wrestling?

LW: My Dad was a massive fan and he had a huge collection of old wrestling VHS tapes, I would sit there for hours just watching all these matches from WWF to NWA to federations from all over the world but whenever I watched there was always one man who just stuck out to me whenever I saw him...Macho Man Randy Savage...he had it all and was and still is the reason I wrestle to this day.

IV: What is your career highlight?

LW: When you look at my career it's so hard to choose...in the past year alone I've been a Television and World Heavyweight Champion simultaneously, I was the undefeated EWF Television Champion, Captain of Team EWF and it's obvious that the fans love me but for me the best moment in my career was paying homage to the man who got my in to this business...at EWF Scars and Stripes I put on the pink trunks and did my best at honouring Macho...It was a match that I'll never forget and it made all the injuries, the bumps and the backstabbing you get in this business worthwhile.

IV: Tell us something about you that the readers won’t know?

LW: Well I've had a lot of people attempt to guess at the amount I've spent on my tattoos but no-one has quite got it...the total at the moment is around the £4000 mark...I guess I'm lucky that I'm in a business that pays for talent!

IV: What do you do to relax?

LW: The moment those headphones are in the rest of the world is gone...put me in a gym and let me block out the world and that's my idea of heaven.

IV: What three things can you not live with out?

LW: I'm a pretty simple guy...if you can give me the gym, my girl and a bad horror movie then I'm a happy man, it's funny actually I remember mentioning that I was in to bad horror movies once when I was wrestling in my old company EGW and for the next 5 months we'd have fans bringing in the worst movies they could find.

IV: And if you weren’t a wrestler what would you be?

LW: I honestly don't think there was another option, this isn't just a job to me...it's life...it's the motivation that keeps me going...I've always done it and until they cart me off in a box, I always will...I've been in bands in the past but right now, I wouldn't swap this for anything because nothing compares.

IV: What is your biggest regret?

LW: I try my best to live by the motto of "No Regrets". I truly believe that life is too short to ask "what if?". There are probably a million things I could have done differently but then I wouldn't be the person I am now and I wouldn't be where I am today so what's the point in worrying about the things you can't change? Learn from your mistakes and move on.

There are reasons for your decisions so even if something was a mistake at some point you must have wanted it...there are a million things I could have done differently but then I wouldn't be the person I am now...maybe I could have chosen who I hand my loyalty out too a little better...maybe I could have sided with the Authority but then

IV: And finally, where do you want to be in five years?

LW: 6CW Hall Of Fame? (Laughs) I don't know man, five years is a long time...I could be hit by a bus after this interview...I don't know what will happen in the future but I do know that as long as my body holds up and I'm still enjoying what I do then I'll be stood in that ring proving that I'm the best in the business.

IV: Liam Wood, thankyou and good luck at Revolution

LW: My pleasure, thankyou

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down