The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help - AO Scheduling advice please !

3 posters

Go down

Help - AO Scheduling advice please ! Empty Help - AO Scheduling advice please !

Post by lags72 Sat 18 Jan 2014, 11:56 pm

Although I am actually in Melbourne as I write (and was fortunate to spend two days at Melbourne Park last week) I feel that I may well get the information I am looking for from forum members rather than the AO ticket line.

Many of this coming week's sessions are, not surprisingly, now sold out but there are a limited number of tickets still on offer for the night session on Monday, and I am hoping to get one.

Given the pattern of matches to date, and the way in which high-seeded players are generally (though not always of course!) rotated between day/night and Rod Laver Arena /Hisense from one round to next, my hunch - wrongly or rightly ?? - is that Tsonga v Federer will be placed on RLA on the Monday night session to maximise TV numbers.

All thoughts would be appreciated please. (Asap !)

lags72

Back to top Go down

Help - AO Scheduling advice please ! Empty Re: Help - AO Scheduling advice please !

Post by Born Slippy Sat 18 Jan 2014, 11:57 pm

I'd say that's more or less a certainty.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Help - AO Scheduling advice please ! Empty Re: Help - AO Scheduling advice please !

Post by lags72 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 12:03 am

Thanks BS, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Any sessions hereon in should be good stuff.

But my preference would be to see Federer, mainly because
a) this could well be his last match of AO 2014, and
b) well ...... he's the Fed ......

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 19 Jan 2014, 2:14 pm

If you did purchase tickets for Monday Night @RLA, you are in luck.

http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/schedule13.html

It would be nice if you can provide some on-site views. Pictures would be welcome too, if you have the ability to do so.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 2:50 pm

Hi laverfan

Well first of all, here's a quick review of my ticket booking process !

I called the (very helpful) AO ticket line Sunday morning (Melbourne time) before the schedule had actually been announced. Said they did have tickets still available for RLA night session on Monday. However, I was wanting to use AO gift vouchers I had been given for Christmas, and was told these could only be redeemed at one of the authorised agencies and not by phone. Dashed into city centre by train, about 25 mins from where I'm staying with relatives, and found agency. The guy says : "oh there's been a sudden mad rush on tickets for Monday night .... people must know something. There were a few tickets around 20 mins ago but now they seem to have gone"

He continues to look on his reservation system (whilst I'm bemoaning my bad luck) and then says "Hold on, I seem to have got one here - but it's right at the back, no choice sorry....." Naturally I grab it !

People here who know the RLA say that some seats are obviously better than others, but the stadium design is such that there is a decent view from pretty much anywhere. Fingers crossed re my particular seat - but at least I will be there.

Will try & give a little review of Monday night, not too sure about pics though.

Have been up late watching match replays on TV, must get some sleep now.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down