The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worcester promoted

5 posters

Go down

Worcester promoted Empty Worcester promoted

Post by Adam D Wed 18 May 2011, 9:46 pm

Worcester Warriors secured promotion back to the Aviva Premiership with a 25-20 victory over Cornish Pirates in their RFU Championship Final second leg clash at Sixways - clinching a return to the top flight with a 46-32 aggregate victory.

Well done to Worcester and special congrats to Marcel Garvey who is going to do be doing a Q&A with us shortly!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Worcester promoted Empty Re: Worcester promoted

Post by emack2 Thu 19 May 2011, 8:47 am

I am glad some one has posted this,congratulations Worcester.Because it brings up several points regarding promotion and relegation.From what I can gather Worcester had a large points lead over Pirates.Before the playoff stages,now I understand the process[without agreeing with it].What if Pirates
had won the play offs?Pirates seem to be the perennial Bridesmaid in this matter.As I understand it only Worcester fulfilled all the criteria for promotion so?Finally Leeds are relegated,they have several players under contract who are jumping ship.So what good is a contract,one player a recent England Squad member has allegedly been poached illegaly by London Irish.Now I can see this from two points of view.If I am a SH import.Like Bruce Reihana or Carlos Spencer then loyalty and a pay packet matters more.Than a young hopeful international player,playing for a club at a lower level.His chances of more caps are slim,whilst I sympathise a contract is a contract.Two sides of a coin ,loyalty or money,or what any thoughts?

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 May 2011, 12:28 pm

Congratulations to the Warriors - looks like they have rebuilt successfully and their recruitment thus far suggests that they will be a handful in the premiership next season thumbsup

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by witchonapig Thu 19 May 2011, 1:23 pm

No offense to Worcester fans but I'm no that excited about it. Seems like you have the same few teams circulating between the bottom of one league and the top of another.

I'm in favour of relegation/promotion in principle but this isn't serving any purpose

witchonapig

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 19 May 2011, 1:40 pm

Now we all get to see that wonderful mullet of Andy Goode more frequent.

party going on at the back there
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down