The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will you be supporting this Six Nations?

+33
Chjw131
Barney McGrew did it
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
B91212
mystiroakey
gregortree
rodders
Pal Joey
OzT
boomeranga
munkian
Dontheman
nganboy
Metal Tiger
Breadvan
jimmyinthewell68
Taylorman
Duty281
maestegmafia
Knowsit17
No9
stub
Cyril
Notch
WELL-PAST-IT
kiakahaaotearoa
ChequeredJersey
majesticimperialman
slane
SecretFly
GunsGerms
GloriousEmpire
Biltong
37 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who will you be supporting this Six Nations? Empty Who will you be supporting this Six Nations?

Post by Biltong Sun 26 Jan 2014, 5:21 pm

To all the neutral posters who's countries are not participating in the Six Nations.

Here is your opportunity to pledge your support to your favourite Six Nations team.

Those of you who has a team representing your nation in the Six Nations may pledge your support to a "Second favourite team"

My pledge goes to Ireland.

Why?

Last year I supported Scotland,
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Who will you be supporting this Six Nations? Empty Re: Who will you be supporting this Six Nations?

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 26 Jan 2014, 5:23 pm

Well I will be supporting England this year. I'm pretty sure were on for a grandslam.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Who will you be supporting this Six Nations? Empty Re: Who will you be supporting this Six Nations?

Post by GunsGerms Sun 26 Jan 2014, 5:32 pm

Always knew you were a closet England fan. Id be surprised if they won a slam.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 26 Jan 2014, 5:34 pm

Don't really have a second favourite team. Maybe France. I like all teams to be honest.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Jan 2014, 5:44 pm

My second team will be Italy. Hoping they do last year (2 wins) on two entirely different teams to last year Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by slane Sun 26 Jan 2014, 5:52 pm

I'm going to go for Scotland. I think they have the goods to causes a few major upsets (I'm thinking against England and France)

slane

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 26 Jan 2014, 5:55 pm

I am going for Ireland. if England don't win it i think they will.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:28 pm

Second team are Ireland thanks to the girlfriend
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:35 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Always knew you were a closet England fan. Id be surprised if they won a slam.

Why would you say that?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:44 pm

Sucker for punishment. Scotland always has my support due to my Scottish father. It's not easy but blood is thicker than water. Whisky is as well and Glenmoragie's what I stick mostly to watching Scotland in order to numb the pain. When they do win, I'm always happy for them as I know disappointment is invariably round the corner. It's been a while since the last 5N where Scotland were anything resembling consistent.

That said, I watch the other games and pray for an entertaining match. Wales Ireland have been consistently good matches to watch in recent times. But c'mon Scotland. Do the old man proud.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:59 pm

Has to be Ireland, prefer their whiskey
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 26 Jan 2014, 7:16 pm

Each to one's one mate. You will probably enjoy the better rugby but I will be the happier drunk.  Whisky Braveheart 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Jan 2014, 7:26 pm

Wasn't it a mouthy Irish drunk that came and saved the day for old Willie Wallace?

Stephen: "In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 26 Jan 2014, 7:29 pm

My second team is always, always Scotland- lived there for nine years and attended many games at Murrayfield in that time.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 26 Jan 2014, 7:32 pm

My second team has always been France.

It must be my Norman heritage.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun 26 Jan 2014, 7:39 pm

2nd team for me is Wales - lived in Cardiff for a year and Aberafan for a bit. My wife is Welsh so wouldn't dare cheer against Wales unless Eng are playing them.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun 26 Jan 2014, 7:41 pm

SecretFly wrote:Wasn't it a mouthy Irish drunk that came and saved the day for old Willie Wallace?"

Yep, I've seen the film... Let's think now, that's right and William Wallace was a brash Australian pretending to be Scottish.... Hang on that rings a bell, where've I heard that recently .....

As for second side, haven't got one.... If Wales aren't on the pitch I quietly support the under dog.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 26 Jan 2014, 7:53 pm

My second side tends to vary by the game, haven't got a solid second favourite right through the tournament. I'd like to see Scotland beat France and/or England at home considering it's been a few years since they last beat either side.

Would love to see Italy beat England in Rome after the close affair of last year and considering it would mean they'd have beaten every other team at least once.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:06 pm

stub wrote:2nd team for me is Wales - lived in Cardiff for a year and Aberafan for a bit. My wife is Welsh so wouldn't dare cheer against Wales unless Eng are playing them.

My wife is Irish, though we have lived in Italy, England and France in our lives. But Wales and Ireland are the teams we support.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:10 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
stub wrote:2nd team for me is Wales - lived in Cardiff for a year and Aberafan for a bit. My wife is Welsh so wouldn't dare cheer against Wales unless Eng are playing them.

My wife is Irish, though we have lived in Italy, England and France in our lives. But Wales and Ireland are the teams we support.

Makes sense Maes - you're going to have fun on the 8th then...

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:14 pm

No9 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Wasn't it a mouthy Irish drunk that came and saved the day for old Willie Wallace?"

Yep, I've seen the film... Let's think now, that's right and William Wallace was a brash Australian pretending to be Scottish....  

...almost correct but way off  - "a slightly unhinged American pretending to be brash Australian pretending to be Scottish". There's more to oscar winning than you think. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:16 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:Well I will be supporting England this year. I'm pretty sure were on for a grandslam.
Good to hear GE. Don't forget to collect your tokens and send off for The Daily Mail's limited edition cross of St George (plastic) bowler hat Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:16 pm

England. Of course.

Second team is always Scotland though.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:17 pm

stub wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

She has a soft spot for Wales too. Especially Leigh Halfpenny.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:17 pm

I'm thinking England this time, one because they were last to beat the AB's and two because I think they're the semi- dark horse for the WCup in 2015. Don't think they'll win the 6N next year because of that and home pressure focus on the cup but do think they'll win this year in its absence and as prep... and I don't really want to support a team I don't think will win it...Ireland next though...Wales have had their turn and France are too all over the place so Ive given up on them...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:22 pm

Cyril wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:Well I will be supporting England this year. I'm pretty sure were on for a grandslam.
Good to hear GE. Don't forget to collect your tokens and send off for The Daily Mail's limited edition cross of St George (plastic) bowler hat Smile

I've got one of those! Delightful things!

Who will you be supporting this Six Nations? Lmdd

Not from the Daily Mail though. Wink

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:22 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
stub wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Ha ha!  Very Happy 

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:24 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Cyril wrote:

I've got one of those! Delightful things!

Smile That's a classier version. It's more pith helmet than bowler hat!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:47 pm

Duty281 wrote:

No - from the planet Kadeloquelatacia.

A light-speed capable UFO craft that came from Kadeloquelatacia, a planet 5.5 light years away; .... in a hangar at Area 51. Secret photo exposed by Assange agent.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 27 Jan 2014, 8:13 am

maestegmafia wrote:
stub wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Even with all his hair gone?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:28 am

first team Wales being Welsh .
second team Scotland because my girlfriend half Scottish .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:39 am

Live in Wales, Wifes and sons all Welsh so.......C'mon England. Taffs for the spoon!  Run 
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 27 Jan 2014, 9:33 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
stub wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Even with all his hair gone?

Its the cheeky smile and the legs apparently...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Mon 27 Jan 2014, 11:03 pm

As my kids are Nordies I guess I will have to go with Ireland as my 2nd team.

I do also have Scottish & French family but we don't talk about them... Sssshhhhhhhhh!
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Tue 28 Jan 2014, 6:02 am

I thought this was supposed to be for neutrals to answer???
anyway Scotland for me. Andy Irvine was the first rugby player I remember admiring.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Tue 28 Jan 2014, 9:29 am

Got a tenneef on Wales for the GS so no problem there. I'm afraid a little partisanship has seeped into
My second choice. Usually Ireland so me and my mate's Irish wife can gang up on her alpha England male. Bit of a sour taste post Lions. So Scotland for me

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 28 Jan 2014, 9:48 am

My mrs is a Leinster fan so anyone but Ireland for me  Very Happy 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:16 am

munkian wrote:My mrs is a Leinster fan so anyone but Ireland for me  Very Happy 

How many Welsh/English guys are married to Irish women on this forum?????????? Surely that is a good reason to support Ireland you miserable..........

....just kidding, just kidding.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:34 am

Hey, the amount they spank us in the Rabbo I need to get some rewengy where I can  Very Happy 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:55 am

You are a Dragons fan?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:58 am

Yup.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 28 Jan 2014, 10:59 am

'Fan' is a strong word  Wink 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:03 am

Even watch Bristol games? Doesnt Andy Robinson coach Bristol now. Think Adam Darcy plays for them too. Ex Ulster player. Wasnt too bad too.

Quite a nice town actually. Some really nice neighbourhoods and some really beautiful sandstone buildings.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:09 am

I've not made it to a Bristol match yet, I have a Dragons season ticket so all my spare time and money goes on train fare back over the border. I'll try and go to see Brizzle if they get promoted as my housemate is a fan. They still charge big prices for 2nd league games at the moment though

And yeah, Bristol is a decent city - has poopie bits like any city but great pubs.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:31 am

I go for England as my second team. I like them, regardless of what everyone says.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:56 am

What does 'everyone' say ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Wed 29 Jan 2014, 1:56 am

I'll be supporting Scotland. Because they always seems to be underdog/underperforming and I enjoyed brave heart......

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Jan 2014, 10:37 am

Ireland for me closely followed by Scotland.

Believe it or not, I don't mind England or France doing well either (due to ancestors from both countries). I've no connection with Wales whatsoever (well, not that I know of) but enjoy watching them play rugby when they're on fire.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 30 Jan 2014, 10:38 am

munkian wrote:What does 'everyone' say ?

Anyone but England?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 30 Jan 2014, 11:56 am

Glorious:
you never cease to surprise me, though maybe someone hacked your account ?
If not, well thank you buddy Hug  for your support.
I too have hopes for England (I have been disappointed a few times past).
Plus for me Ireland as the dark horse surprise outfit. Their write off by some, I feel is premature.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next