The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking News - WWE sign new TV Deal with Sky. Contains Major Change.

+9
Marky
Shot 21 LCFC
GSC
NickisBHAFC
Hero
Samo
cloudsm
owen10ozzy
BD21
13 posters

Go down

Breaking News - WWE sign new TV Deal with Sky. Contains Major Change. Empty Breaking News - WWE sign new TV Deal with Sky. Contains Major Change.

Post by BD21 Thu 30 Jan 2014, 2:28 pm

WWE has signed a new long term deal keeping WWE on Sky Sports for the foreseeable future.

However, ALL PPV's will now be on Box Office and require a fee (still thought to be £14.99) whereas before we had a couple of free PPV's on Sky Sports (Elimination Chamber, Money in the Bank, Battleground)

BD21

Back to top Go down

Breaking News - WWE sign new TV Deal with Sky. Contains Major Change. Empty Re: Breaking News - WWE sign new TV Deal with Sky. Contains Major Change.

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 30 Jan 2014, 2:38 pm

Will fall flat on it's face! Youngsters don't have the money to fork out £15.99 per month on PPV and the adults wouldn't because the product they are being given isn't deemed to be of sufficient quality to justify the outlay.

Shocking move by SKY to be honest and one I think will come back to bite them in the backside!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Breaking News - WWE sign new TV Deal with Sky. Contains Major Change. Empty Re: Breaking News - WWE sign new TV Deal with Sky. Contains Major Change.

Post by cloudsm Thu 30 Jan 2014, 2:50 pm

I certainly won't be paying for every PPV. I will be getting the top 3 but the others i will get from 'other sources'

cloudsm

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 30 Jan 2014, 3:31 pm

I think its to try and cover lost revenue once the Network lands in the UK. By all accounts the Network will cost close to £15 a month and you get a lot more bang for your buck than you do with Sky Sports. All the PPV's, TV shows and a full back catalogue of just about everything the WWE own.

Sky'll need to drop the PPV price to compete.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 30 Jan 2014, 3:34 pm

How come it's being speculated to cost £15 pm here whilst its $9.99 in the States?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 30 Jan 2014, 3:44 pm

Poor from Sky. Very poor.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 30 Jan 2014, 3:51 pm

I say i won't buy any of them, but i know when it gets to 10pm on a Sunday night, i know i have no work Monday and or starting late, ill end up buying it.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 Jan 2014, 3:57 pm

Why pay at all  Whistle 
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 30 Jan 2014, 3:59 pm

I just want this God-damn WWE Network to arrive in the UK already!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 30 Jan 2014, 6:03 pm

GSC wrote:Why pay at all  Whistle 

Dunno 15 quid is hardly a massive amount of money.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 30 Jan 2014, 6:47 pm

The network by all account's isn't set to land here for quite some time! If that's the case then this sounds very much like your going to have to pay £15.99 every month to watch the PPV event. That's a lot of money for just one show...especially when all of only 2/3 are actually any good at this moment.

Why would I pay £15 to watch guys like Batista/Orton/Cena battle it out...when I'm getting to see that for no extra cost at the moment and was 4 years ago; every Monday & PPV except the big 3! Fair enough if the product they delivered was fresh & they were allowing newish performers to break through the glass ceiling...but they aren't so they shall not be seeing any of my cash!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:13 pm

The naivety of some of you. Ever thought WWE may have charged more for Sky to broadcast them forcing them into making every PPV a PPV?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 30 Jan 2014, 8:20 pm

No! Because SKY were the only UK network interested in picking it up!! I would imagine if anything the decision to make PPV UK based is a decision to offset the cost of losing $79.99 per PPV from the American audience!!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 31 Jan 2014, 2:37 am

BD21 wrote:WWE has signed a new long term deal keeping WWE on Sky Sports for the foreseeable future.

However, ALL PPV's will now be on Box Office and require a fee (still thought to be £14.99) whereas before we had a couple of free PPV's on Sky Sports (Elimination Chamber, Money in the Bank, Battleground)

Is this hyperbole or is it 100% genuine. ... I read it very different from that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 31 Jan 2014, 10:25 am

Can you not use a proxy and sign up now for the network through paypal?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 Jan 2014, 12:05 pm

Thats what I'll attempt

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 7:25 pm

That's what I read Kay. Pretty much copy and pasted. What did you hear?

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 31 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm

I didn't read that all PPV's where going to be on Box Office mate, it said all 12 would be available but I never heard or read the Words Box Office, that's not to say they wont be, I just haven read or heard anything definitive, that's why I asked if you've jumped the gun, I might be wrong, lets face it I usually am these days  Laugh but with SKY losing so much Football to BT Sport I just think it would be a bit risky to potentially distance WWE fans from the station, theres no lure if this happens

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:20 pm

Yeah from what I read, all PPV's are now on Box Office. To be fair, I think only 3-4 were on Sky Sports before so it's not like we're missing out on much.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:23 pm

Anyone know if Elimination Chamber is on Sky Sports or Box Office? Last few years it's been on Sky Sports but the article never said anything about when the contract started from and when the PPV schedule change came in to play.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:26 pm

After a bit more research I found this from the Sky Sports website. The contract comes into force in 2015 so we should still get a couple of free PPV's this year.

WWE

The new agreement with WWE, the worldwide leader in sports entertainment, includes the popular weekly programmes RAW®, SmackDown®, WWE Main Event®, and WWE Experience®, which is due to feature all the WWE superstars, including John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Big Show and Daniel Bryan.Sky will also offer 12 special events a year on a pay-per-view basis, including WrestleMania®, Royal Rumble®, SummerSlam®, Survivor Series® and Money in the Bank®.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 01 Feb 2014, 12:06 am

Nice to see Main Event will make it onto TV, cracking matches. No mention of NXT?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat 01 Feb 2014, 11:04 am

BD21 wrote:Anyone know if Elimination Chamber is on Sky Sports or Box Office? Last few years it's been on Sky Sports but the article never said anything about when the contract started from and when the PPV schedule change came in to play.

I was watching Smackdown last night and the advert stated it was on Sky Sports 1.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by CenaNuff Sat 01 Feb 2014, 11:28 am

It's not a bad move by Sky, it is genius. Why? Because people are stupid enough to pay for something they can watch for free.

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down