The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will these 2 step it up?

4 posters

Go down

When will these 2 step it up? Empty When will these 2 step it up?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:20 am

2 names I have not heard anything from lately are Gary Russel Jnr and Pier Oliver Cote.

Both outstanding prospects. Russel is super quick and Cote can seriously bang. I hope they will step up and make a mark this year as they have gone off the radar recently.

What's your view on these 2 and their chances?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

When will these 2 step it up? Empty Re: When will these 2 step it up?

Post by adamk Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:26 am

i was thinking this the other day about Cote.... had a look online and apparently he has being suffering with an illness of some sort.

last fight was on the Froch-Bute card in 2012

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:28 am

adamk wrote:i was thinking this the other day about Cote.... had a look online and apparently he has being suffering with an illness of some sort.

last fight was on the Froch-Bute card in 2012

Cheers adam never knew that.

He looks an exciting prospect although I think a top notch fighter could work him out. Saying that he has all the hallmarks of an explosive, exciting fighter.

Hope he recovers.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:31 am

Gary Russell is the biggest waste of talent I've seen! 2/3years ago I thought he was the next best thing but he's fought no one, he needs to finally step up fight for a belt! His management has done a horrendous job, soul alverez was espn prospect of the year the year before Russell and he has done far more than Russell has!

He has the fastest hands out there just now maybe faster than khan but he just doesn't fight anyone of note

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:35 am

Diamond in the rough wrote:Gary Russell is the biggest waste of talent I've seen! 2/3years ago I thought he was the next best thing but he's fought no one,  he needs to finally step up fight for a belt! His management has done a horrendous job, soul alverez was espn prospect of the year the year before Russell and he has done far more than Russell has!

He has the fastest hands out there just now maybe faster than khan but he just doesn't fight anyone of note

Agreed

Thing is he is 24 and 0 what are his management waiting for. At 25 in the super featherweight division you would expect him to be somewhere near the mix already.

A bit like Kell Brook.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:40 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Diamond in the rough wrote:Gary Russell is the biggest waste of talent I've seen! 2/3years ago I thought he was the next best thing but he's fought no one,  he needs to finally step up fight for a belt! His management has done a horrendous job, soul alverez was espn prospect of the year the year before Russell and he has done far more than Russell has!

Agreed

Thing is he is 24 and 0 what are his management waiting for. At 25 in the super featherweight division you would expect him to be somewhere near the mix already.

A bit like Kell Brook.

is he under the same management as Deontay Wilder?

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:44 am

adamk wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Agreed

A bit like Kell Brook.

is he under the same management as Deontay Wilder?

Would not surprise me lol Laugh 

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 14 Feb 2014, 9:56 am

Darn it, Adamk beat me to it - but GRJ is the Wilder of the lower weights. Very flash but always against over-matched nobody's.

Would back Mikey Garcia to make mincemeat of him in under 6 rounds.

Selby has been more impressive......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down