The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irish 1000 and 2000

4 posters

Go down

Irish 1000 and 2000 Empty Irish 1000 and 2000

Post by racingnut Thu 19 May 2011, 8:08 pm

Evening all,just had a trawl through the decs for the Curragh Classics over the weekend,cant say im jumping through hoops at them! The 2000 looks like a very watered down version of our 2000 with quite a few renewing rivalry,as im of the opinion that aside from Frankel the rest just fell apart trying to chase him and it was more by luck than anything else that Dubawi Gold was second,at 7/4 hes a total swerve.Having said that ,its difficult to make a case out for anything to be honest but i still have in the back of my mind that Roderic O Connor has to be better than he showed at Newmarket,rustled up Frankel in the Dewhurst then won a group one in France,strictly on the barebones of that form he has to be going well in this.The 1000 has quite a lot of fillies who are stepping up to the plate so to speak and are looking to go that extra step into top company,one i do like is Handassa.She dotted up last season in her only run then i thought she ran with a deal of promise to finish fourth in the 1000 Trial at Leopardstown first run back.She still looked a bit green and she shaped as though the run would put her right.Shes beautifully bred and from a yard who dont chase rainbows,lovely prospect regardless of what she does on Sunday.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Irish 1000 and 2000 Empty Re: Irish 1000 and 2000

Post by Eyetoldyouso Fri 20 May 2011, 10:28 am

I think that Dubawi Gold will win this. Richard Hughes said, after the 2000, that without Frankel he would have won on the bit. I think he might well be right.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyingbolt Fri 20 May 2011, 1:16 pm

Dubawi Gold would be the obvious choice from Newmarket but I'm not too sure. He was race fit after a couple of a/w runs at Newmarket against some on their first runs? Understand what Richard Hughes said but other horses in the field cut their own throats trying to chase Frankel early on where Dubawi Gold was slow away and he allowed him to run his race rather than chase Frankels.
Dunboyne Express looks a threat and I'd expect Roderic O'Connor to put up a better show than he did at Newmarket but it could be he just needs further?

In the 1000, for some reason I think Misty For Me looks tempting @ 10/1. Has to turn around the form with Together but I think she's better than her Newmarket reappearance. Chrysanthemum looks interesting @ 16/1 too but on her reappearance I wonder if the going will be against her?

Flyingbolt

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Fri 20 May 2011, 10:04 pm

well I've tipped Dubawi Gold on here for all of his races this season (only for the place in the 2000 Guineas of course) so I won't be deserting him tomorrow!

can't see a lot to oppose him but I would consider Roderic O Connor to be the biggest danger, as racingnut has pointed out.
he is certainly going down a similar route to his sire, Dubawi who had an impressive record and was 5th in the 2000 Guineas and 3rd in the Derby. In between he managed to win the Irish 2000 Guineas. Can Dubawi Gold do likewise? Smile

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 21 May 2011, 4:08 pm

Can only imagine how big Henry Cecils smile will be after seeing two protagonists from the 2000 fighting out the finish of the Irish version.As i said in my original post,you couldnt ignore Roderic o Connor on his solid two year old runs,he was edgy and sweating at Newmarket and in all probability he lost his race before he ran it.Much more relaxed today and given a lovely ride by young O Brien.Dubawi Gold was given a drop in ride by Hughsie(can he ride any other way?)but the race didnt fall apart in front of him like it did at Newmarket and for all he made up ground from 2 out i for one didnt think he was ever going to get there.Slim Shadey has finished about where you would expect on 2000 form so there doesnt seem any reason to doubt the validity of this run.It just makes Frankels run even better.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 22 May 2011, 7:33 pm

Another Irish Classic and another O Brien trained winner.Misty for Me proved her 1000 run at Newmarket to be all wrong and she returned to her very good two year old form with a battling win.The less undulating track and slightly softer ground seemed to suit her much better.Together finished second again and her running certainly upheld the form of Blue Bunting,whether either of the front two are Oaks material is open for argument.Misty for Me is a real pony of a thing and you would wonder as to whether she could stand another group one in 12 days time and Together might be one of those that finds one too good whatever the race even though shes done nothing wrong in either Guineas.To my mind theres no outstanding 3yo filly at a mile,its a very open division,the Coronation at the Royal meeting will certainly tell us more.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyingbolt Sun 22 May 2011, 11:48 pm

Save MFM until Ascot if there is any doubt.
Bottom line yesterday with ROC - Hughsie dropped a brahma on DG - but he's done the odd one of those before!

Flyingbolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down