The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geale Chops Down Garth Wood: Aims For GGG

+4
joeyjojo618
TRUSSMAN66
Soldier_Of_Fortune
hazharrison
8 posters

Go down

Geale Chops Down Garth Wood: Aims For GGG Empty Geale Chops Down Garth Wood: Aims For GGG

Post by hazharrison Wed 19 Feb 2014, 12:56 pm

Daniel Geale returned this morning -- beating the stuffing out of overmatched Garth Wood down under.

Geale will now target a bout with Gennady Golovkin (after Golovkin's upcoming bout with Andy Lee).

Geale was 7/4 to win inside schedule against a guy with very little experience (kicking myself at letting that one slide but I bottled it after Geale struggled to make weight).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Geale Chops Down Garth Wood: Aims For GGG Empty Re: Geale Chops Down Garth Wood: Aims For GGG

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 19 Feb 2014, 1:29 pm

There was meant to have been an tastey undercard fight there. Apparantley in the undercard fight, the fella let his opponant punch him in the face while he grinned and mocked him until after the 10th straight punch which had him back peddling to the cornor, the ref went to stop the fight and his cornor also jumped in and apparently another 12 unaswered punches landed after the fight was stopped. He still got the stoppage win and no DQ.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Geale Chops Down Garth Wood: Aims For GGG Empty Re: Geale Chops Down Garth Wood: Aims For GGG

Post by hazharrison Wed 19 Feb 2014, 1:38 pm

Really?!! I'm sure Twitter will be all over that tonight!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 19 Feb 2014, 1:39 pm

Wood tried to butt Geale at the weigh-in and there was a cafuffle just prior to the fight after Wood insisted on wearing worn gloves and the Geale camp protested they'd been tampered with. Pantomime stuff!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 1:41 pm

Geale needs to wait for Sturm...His skillset and style is all wrong for GGG....

Pointless exercise in futility..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 19 Feb 2014, 1:53 pm

Here is a round by round update I picked up from another forum.

If this is not allowed mods, please delete:

Round 1

They are swinging for the fences! Big heavy left and right hooks by Purcell. Gallen blocks and backs away. Purcell starts to smash through his guard and Gallen is clipped and buzzed. Desperate straight flurry by Gallen backs off Purcell and his glove seemed to brush the canvas but no ruled knockdown. Gallen pops a cautious jab. Gallen tries a left hook. BIG counter left hook springing up by Purcell, and Gallen is sent flying onto his back. Gallen is up and jabbing, guard raised. Purcell stalks and Gallen chops at his neck with a right moving in to smother, then backs out with a jab out of the high guard.

10-8 Purcell

Round 2

Purcell is thumping away with powerful hooks into the body of Gallen at long range. Gallen is pushed across the ring and nearly folded up by the shots clanging in under his elbows. Purcell falls in on him and Gallen is able to clinch and spin him onto the ropes, shoeshining into his face. Right hand lead by Gallen, flush. Purcell is standing there acting macho as Gallen lands unabated lead rights and jabs on his face, barely causing his neck to budge as Purcell grins at him mockingly. Purcell is giving him free shots, hands down, not moving an inch. Gallen is angered, redoubling his efforts and throwing hard 1-2s in succession in Purcell's face. Gallen manages to finally back Purcell up, into a corner. Gallen keeps teeing off and Purcell is dazed at last. Gallen keeps hitting. The ref and corner men jump in to separate them but they keep brawling! Gallen is shaking off three men attempting to pull him away, too mad to stop punching as he keeps one arm wrapped around Purcell's thick neck . Probably over a dozen unanswered blows after the stoppage. Even once they are pushed apart Gallen is screaming at Purcell while held back as blood courses down his face.

Gallen TKO2!! (somehow not a DQ...)

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 2:07 pm

Dont know if this is allowed but its just an undercard fight. I think this is it?

Not sure what the big unit was up to.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 19 Feb 2014, 2:23 pm

Cant see it in work, will have to give it a watch when I get home.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 19 Feb 2014, 2:38 pm

As if Geale will fight Golovkin.

He was offered the fight 2/3 times and he dodged Golovkin.

I can only see him fighting Sturm or Quillin. And back both to KO him.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 19 Feb 2014, 4:00 pm

Not clear from your report haz, but after he'd chopped wood down, did he carve him to pieces?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 19 Feb 2014, 4:08 pm

I doubt Geale will let Golovkin maul him. He will probably rematch Sturm in Germany which is a fight that suits them more than either being demolished by Golovkin.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 19 Feb 2014, 4:12 pm

milkyboy wrote:Not clear from your report haz, but after he'd chopped wood down, did he carve him to pieces?

Yes. Made him into a little bird table with a red leather bird couch.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 19 Feb 2014, 4:13 pm

Gerry SA wrote:As if Geale will fight Golovkin.

Sturm didn't look likely to ko him when they first fought Gerry. What makes you think it would be different this time.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 19 Feb 2014, 5:10 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:As if Geale will fight Golovkin.

Sturm didn't look likely to ko him when they first fought Gerry. What makes you think it would be different this time.
Sturm had been on easy street for a while.

Dreadful performance against Macklin, Macklin was very good mind you.

After the dodgy judging in that fight.

Fights with Murray and Geale, Sturm done enough to get the nod in both fights but got burnt.

He showed as Barker he can start aggressively.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 19 Feb 2014, 5:53 pm

Thought he was jobbed against Murray in a backlash from the macklin fight and unlucky against geale. Never looked likely to take him out though. The barker fight was a bit too bizarre to draw too much from for me. I guess if the fight happens we'll find out!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 19 Feb 2014, 6:17 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:Dont know if this is allowed but its just an undercard fight. I think this is it?

Not sure what the big unit was up to.

That was nuts....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 19 Feb 2014, 7:28 pm

Maybe they should stick to rugby league. Big lad was blowing a bit, but give him his due, he was game.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 19 Feb 2014, 7:57 pm

Absolutely mental fight! I loved that. How did Purcell stand up to those shots!?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down