The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Deadline - Who will be the movers and shakers on March 5th?

2 posters

Go down

Trade Deadline - Who will be the movers and shakers on March 5th? Empty Trade Deadline - Who will be the movers and shakers on March 5th?

Post by CFCNick Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:04 am

Trade Deadline - Who will be the movers and shakers on March 5th?
Trade Deadline - Who will be the movers and shakers on March 5th? Trade+deadline

Whether you prefer the crew of Dreger, McKenzie, LeBrun, McLennan and Ward on TSN, or Marek, Kypreos, Millard, MacLean and Stellick on Sportsnet one thing we know as hockey fans is on March 5th (next Wednesday) we will all somehow be glued to one of those channels like we do every August and January 31st for football's (soccer to any Northe American readers) Transfer Deadline Day on Sky Sports News.

All thirty teams have until 3pm ET to get deals done. That's 8pm to us in the UK.

As we get closer to the deadline rumours start flying around. Various names get thrown out into somewhat surprising but possibly believable proposals. The obvious names that everyone seems to be shopping around are the big guys on not so good teams such as Ryan Miller and Thomas Vanek. The other group of players possibly on the block are those headed towards UFA status in the summer.

Here we are going to look at the names on everyone's lips and what their fate may be in the next 168 hours.

Read more.....

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Trade Deadline - Who will be the movers and shakers on March 5th? Empty Re: Trade Deadline - Who will be the movers and shakers on March 5th?

Post by andy_14clark Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:28 am

How do you rate the trade deadline then?

Which team do you follow btw?
andy_14clark
andy_14clark

Back to top Go down

Trade Deadline - Who will be the movers and shakers on March 5th? Empty Re: Trade Deadline - Who will be the movers and shakers on March 5th?

Post by CFCNick Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:06 pm

I'm a Canadiens fan so I'm ecstatic we pulled off the epic swindle to get Vanek.

This deadline day is probably the best one I remember. Plus the guitar guy on TSN's coverage was brilliant.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by andy_14clark Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:41 am

Avalanche all the way. I was hearing rumours in February that there was a possible deal involving us trading out Statsny to your lot and a deal potentially to send PK Subban to us. But i never expected it to ever happen.

I think you have pulled off a very good rental there in Vanek especially only trading out Collberg & 2nd round for him. I don't know how much further you plan on going with him once the season is up as don't think you would take on his big contract.

Buffalo didn't half change their team. Mass amount of trades.
andy_14clark
andy_14clark

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:43 am

Subban will be a Hab for life and if he isn't there'll be an uprising in Quebec.

This season Vanek's cap hit was $7.142m but Buffalo retained 19% in the Islanders trade and knocked it down to $5.75m. The rumours if him wanting to sign in Minnesota keep coming up but I think he'd already be there if it was so cheap for us to get him.

His deal was $50m over 7 years. Whoever gets him in July he'll sign about a 4-5 year contract for about $35m. He's just turned 30 so has plenty left. I hope the electricity of the Bell Centre crowd and prestige of the team makes him want to stay. Salary cap is going up by about $8m this summer but the Montreal cap may be a little tight because Subban will get a 7-8 year $60m deal. He deserves it. Plus, Markov, Eller, White, Weise and Weaver have contracts that end this season. Busy offseason coming for Bergevin and co. I'd love Vanek to be a Habs player for long term on July 1st.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down