The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italy v England - March 15th

+55
EnglishReign
Exiledinborders
Barney McGrew did it
stub
DaveM
Metal Tiger
WELL-PAST-IT
Sgt_Pooly
GLove39
GunsGerms
mystiroakey
trebellbobaggins
tigertattie
kiakahaaotearoa
IanBru
Mad for Chelsea
LeinsterFan4life
Pal Joey
Breadvan
TopHat24/7
Biltong
Hookisms and Hyperbole
nobbled
Nachos Jones
gregortree
BigTrevsbigmac
kingelderfield
Eustace H Plimsoll
Duty281
yappysnap
Cumbrian
ChequeredJersey
HammerofThunor
funnyExiledScot
Rugby Fan
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Glorioux Empire
lostinwales
doctor_grey
Scratch
nathan
majesticimperialman
B91212
Geordie
SecretFly
beshocked
flankertye
jelly
Portnoy's Complaint
HongKongCherry
sickofwendy
George Carlin
Notch
LondonTiger
Chjw131
59 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Italy v England - March 15th Empty Italy v England - March 15th

Post by Chjw131 Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:40 pm

Thought i'd get one of these up and running and I haven't spotted another.

Firstly, congratulations to the boys for a superb performance against Wales, backing up a strong showing versus Ireland. Will the usual complacency be an issue this year? The lat two occasions we've faced Italy it's actually been both a poor performance and a lot closer.

Any changes anyone would like to see made? The full EPS squad available is listed below:

Forwards

David Attwood (Bath Rugby)  
Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints)  
Tom Johnson (Exeter Chiefs)
Joe Launchbury (London Wasps)  
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)  
Joe Marler (Harlequins)  
Ben Morgan (Gloucester Rugby)    
Chris Robshaw (Harlequins)  
Henry Thomas (Sale Sharks)  
Mako Vunipola (Saracens)
David Wilson (Bath Rugby)
Tom Wood (Northampton Saints)  
Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers)
Matt Kvesic (Gloucester Rugby)
Matt Mulan (London Wasps)
Ed Slater (Leicester Tigers)

Backs

Mike Brown (Harlequins)  
Luther Burrell (Northampton Saints)  
Danny Care (Harlequins)  
Lee Dickson (Northampton Saints)  
Owen Farrell (Saracens)  
George Ford (Bath Rugby)
Alex Goode (Saracens)  
Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby)  
Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)  
Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby)
Manusamoa Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers)
Kyle Eastmond (Bath Rugby)
Chris Ashton (Saracens)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)
Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens)
Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby)
Brad Barritt (Saracens)

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Italy v England - March 15th Empty Re: Italy v England - March 15th

Post by LondonTiger Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:43 pm

I struggle to see the matchday 23 being changed in any way.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:43 pm

England by 30 points, with several golden opportunities to add more tries left out on the field.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:44 pm

I am going to predict an England win.

I am reasonably confident.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:44 pm

I would like to see yarde come onto the wing and tuilagi plus ben youngs on the bench.

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:49 pm

Bar injury it should be the exact same 23. It would send completely the wrong message to drop or rest anyone at this stage; furthermore I don't think anyone justifies being dropped, or likewise anyone is playing well enough to get in ahead of the current 23.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:49 pm

Somewhat reluctantly, I'd get Manu on the bench for the last fifteen-twenty minutes for a bit of crashball and offload practice against a tired defence. That should be good for a couple or so tries.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:54 pm

sickofwendy wrote:I would like to see yarde come onto the wing and tuilagi plus ben youngs on the bench.

Yarde will not have had enough game-time to show he is fit and firing, which is a shame.

Same can be said about tuilagi, and anyway who would he replace on the bench could only be ford (who needs some game time) or Goode which woudl leave us light in cover for either 10 or 15.

Ben Youngs - no. His form is improving, but he does not deserve to feature.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by jelly Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:56 pm

Foden or Tuilagi as a better bench option than Goode.

Possibly Youngs for Dickson, though he's done nothing wrong so happy to stick with him.

Would love Watson or Yarde to get a chance (probably ahead of Nowell) just to see how they manage in a game without the pressure that you usually get in the 6Ns. Italy in Rome isn't easy but it is still the easiest away game of the tournament.

jelly

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:01 pm

Time to start Ford?

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:06 pm

Probably have to look at Ford getting some serious game time. We could get to the situation where Ford has no gametime internationally before the tour to NZ (I don't think the 1 minute vs Wales counts).

Perhaps aim to build a lead in the 1st half with our first team then give some players much needed gametime in the 2nd half.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:07 pm

Youngs Ford and tuilagi would be my bench.May could easily fill in at FB against Italy.The reason I would pick yarde is simply that I think he is a better player than nowell,much more threatening.I would have an out of form Ben youngs on the bench over dickson every time but that's just a personal preference.

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:07 pm

I think it's probably wise to keep changes to a minimum given our selections this time last year. I would however, think it prudent to bring in a couple of new faces given the AP final clash with T1 in NZ.

I think we can all admit that Ireland are likely to lift the trophy and frankly, damn good luck to them they deserve it. With that in mind this is a bit of a free play.

This is what i'd like to see:

1. J Marler - He's impressed me with his consistently excellent performances and I think he should retain the shirt on merit. We've seen with 36 what a run of games can start to do.

2. D Hartley - Youngs' throwing still concerns me and had Webber been fit i'd like to have seen him start. Hartley did some good and some poor things against Wales and he needs to show in this game he can get up for all occasions.

3. D Wilson - Did really well against Wales and made a break which set him apart from Dan Cole with his carrying game. He could be No.1 choice if he continues on this trend.

4. D Attwood - Joe Launchbury has been world class this tournament and he owns this shirt at present. Attwood though has looked very physical when he has come on and he deserves a start. JL also missed training pre-Wales and a rest might do him some good long term.

5. C Lawes - Has been my England player of the series so far. Let's not underestimate how difficult it is to run a successful line-out at international level. This, plus his brilliant work around the park make him one of the best 5s out there at the moment. A position which was mooted for him on this forum some time ago.

6. T Wood (c)- Has got through a lot of work and is developing into that Hill-esque player. One half of the Woodshaw combo which works so well.

7. M Kvesic - Robshaw has stepped up again in what he's done for England and is becoming indispensable. That in itself is an issue. If either Wood or Robshaw goes down we need a similar player coming in. Kvesic has started to find some form and 22 tackles in Argentina reveals how hard he works.

8. B Morgan - Did well in a capacity he's not renowned for against Wales, namely in defence. He was superb, stripped the ball and hit hard. His handling was also excellent. Given a run he could displace BV.

9. D Care - Been brilliant at lifting the tempo for England and nearly always makes the right call. It's right to give him a run of games and atone for his performance against Italy last year.

10. G Ford - Farrell's defensive work has been eye-watering and he's come on a really long way. Massive credit to the lad. GF though could take England's attacking game to new levels. He'll be very likely to start T1 in NZ and he needs game time in the shirt before that.

11. J May - Has shown glimpses of what he could offer. He's been solid in D which I didn't expect and his decision making has been generally good. This game could give him a chance to nail down the 11 shirt.

12. B Twelvetrees - Has received some unwarranted criticism and some warranted. Showed against Wales what he can offer all round to England and he is the future there. More time for him to grow further.

13. L Burrell - I've been amazed at how LB has adapted to international rugby. It puts Joel Tomkins' performances in perspective. The Wales game was his best in attack and defence. Huge credit to the shirt.

14. A Watson - Nowell has done very well for a lad who's come straight out of the U20s. He needs some more time for Exeter I think but should remain in the EPS. Watson just seems to offer that bit more all round. A tough call and Nowell could excel in this game.

15. M Brown - Running out of words to describe how wrong I was about him in past seasons. Just brilliant.

16. T Youngs - His park work is great and he will get over the yips.

17. M Vunipola - I'd like to see him get a full half. Carries so well and hasn't had the chance to shine for England yet. He will though.

18. H Thomas - Again i'd like him to get a full half but hasn't looked too bad in the scrum when he's appeared. Offers the most of all the squad THs in the loose.

19. E Slater - He's had some more superb games for Tigers this season and i'd like to see what he can do in the England shirt.

20. T Johnson - Good cover across the BR and deserves a decent crack at it. Would be an asset in an open game.

21. B Youngs - Is it time for him to show Care that he's not going to let the shirt go that easily. Can't see what benefit having Dickson on the bench is.

22. O Farrell - Probably deserves a break.

23. K Eastmond - Not everyone's choice but i'd like to see what he can do after a superb game away in Arg with England.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:07 pm

First of all I think it's a pity more English speaking Italians and indeed French supporters don't show up here to hold up the flag of their Nations - as one sided discussions on upcoming games can be quite staid affairs.

So all you lurking Italians and French.........yeah, all six of you......... who only read but don't have the courage to join - join up!
Loosen your tongues, make your mistakes in the English lingo and we'll try to beat you by making more of them ourselves.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:09 pm

Well at it will be a test of Lancaster's nerve and determination. If he doesn't adopt an out-and-out 100% attack policy like Schmidt deployed against Italy, he'll have failed.

There would be absolutely nothing to lose from abandoning all caution.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:13 pm

We need to win this game first and foremost. Forget about chasing point totals.

Pick the same team and give them a chance to get the victory. IF that allows us to get a big lead, then i would consider a few changes earlier than 60 mins...maybe Eastmond / Ford etc.

I wouldnt bring Tuilagi back. I just dont see the point in rushing him back for Italy and one game in the 6n.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:14 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
sickofwendy wrote:I would like to see yarde come onto the wing and tuilagi plus ben youngs on the bench.

Yarde will not have had enough game-time to show he is fit and firing, which is a shame.

Same can be said about tuilagi, and anyway who would he replace on the bench could only be ford (who needs some game time) or Goode which woudl leave us light in cover for either 10 or 15.

Ben Youngs - no. His form is improving, but he does not deserve to feature.

I don't think Yarde, Tuilagi or Foden have had anything like enough game time yet. Doesn't send the right message to Burrell either I don't think.

Ben Youngs i'd like to see on the bench though.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:14 pm

SecretFly wrote:First of all I think it's a pity more English speaking Italians and indeed French supporters don't show up here to hold up the flag of their Nations - as one sided discussions on upcoming games can be quite staid affairs.

So all you lurking Italians and French.........yeah, all six of you......... who only read but don't have the courage to join - join up!
Loosen your tongues, make your mistakes in the English lingo and we'll try to beat you by making more of them ourselves.

thumbsup 

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:17 pm

Of course Lancaster will have a go at it.  He's certainly that kind of coach, as are the players those kind of players. And on form this year, you'd almost expect his side to give Ireland some headaches in the lead in to their game by giving us a set target.

But the only thing is if Ireland have any notions of winning against France in the first place (and that is I'd presume both a notion and a goal) then we'll have to have a mind to score points anyway.  No scores will get us nowhere.  Ireland will already be in a mood to try to score so hopefully, even if England give us a target to reach, it won't be so high that it's unrealistic. It might even get rid of those historic 'Paris' apprehensions. Nothing quite like a sobering target to lose a side its timid reserve.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:20 pm

Chjw131 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:First of all I think it's a pity more English speaking Italians and indeed French supporters don't show up here to hold up the flag of their Nations - as one sided discussions on upcoming games can be quite staid affairs.

thumbsup 
Heaven knows, it doesn't stop anglophones from abusing and deviating from the English language.

So, +2

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:21 pm

SecretFly wrote:Of course Lancaster will have a go at it.  He's certainly that kind of coach, as are the players those kind of players.  And on form this year, you'd almost expect his side to give Ireland some headaches in the lead in to their game by giving us a set target.

But the only thing is if Ireland have any notions of winning against France in the first place (and that is I'd presume both a notion and a goal) then we'll have to have a mind to score points anyway.  No scores will get us nowhere.  Ireland will already be in a mood to try to score so hopefully, even if England give us a target to reach, it won't be so high that it's unrealistic.  It might even get rid of those historic 'Paris' apprehensions.  Nothing quite like a sobering target to lose a side its timid reserve.

I can honestly see Ireland showing-up France. They have all the motivations they could hope for and with Schmidt studying France's weak points will be extremely well prepped.

Were we on for the Slam I think the argument would be starkly different. I feel it would benefit the team more to go out and be set a target.

Has anyone got any idea whether Parrisse and Castro will be fit for this game?

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon 10 Mar 2014, 3:05 pm

I also think Ireland could put about 20 points on France, although I think we may see a little more fight in them at home.

I would keep Engalnd team changes to a minimum, agree with GF that there is no need to rush Tuilagi or Foden back as we know what they can do already and one game isn't going to change anything. Would have been good to see Yarde but I don't think he's had enough game time recently. My only change would be Watson for Goode on the bench. Nothing against Goode but he only covers 10/15 and with Ford being in the 23 then he is only covering 15. Cover is still there (Farrell can play 12/13 in case of injury and May can also cover 13 in an emergency) with Watson covering the back 3.

Would have liked the backrow reserve to cover 8 to a higher standard than Tom Johnson but it's too late now (feel we should have had 3 number 8's in the training squad for the duration of the tournament.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Mon 10 Mar 2014, 3:10 pm

B91212 wrote:I also think Ireland could put about 20 points on France, although I think we may see a little more fight in them at home.

I would keep Engalnd team changes to a minimum, agree with GF that there is no need to rush Tuilagi or Foden back as we know what they can do already and one game isn't going to change anything. Would have been good to see Yarde but I don't think he's had enough game time recently. My only change would be Watson for Goode on the bench. Nothing against Goode but he only covers 10/15 and with Ford being in the 23 then he is only covering 15. Cover is still there (Farrell can play 12/13 in case of injury and May can also cover 13 in an emergency) with Watson covering the back 3.

Would have liked the backrow reserve to cover 8 to a higher standard than Tom Johnson but it's too late now (feel we should have had 3 number 8's in the training squad for the duration of the tournament.

I can see your point about the 8 cover but neither Dickinson nor Ewers are quite there for me yet. At least not enough to deserve an EPS spot. Dickinson on the bench in an emergency.

The only change I think is an absolute MUST is George Ford to come in. Giving him the Barbarians game just isn't going to prepare him enough for NZ.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 5:11 pm

Rumoured in the Telegraph that Lancs will name an unchanged XV and, specifically on the matter of George Ford, said he would not drop OF to give Ford experience.

Some hints that Tuilagi may make the bench over Goode.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:25 pm

In my opinion the starting 15 should not change, unless their is any injuries during the week in training.

Their is talk about bringing Manu back in the squad, on the bench i would rather hope they did not bring him in. I would like it better if he stayed at Tigers and got him self ready for the summer tour.

If their was too be any changes on the bench i would like it to be Watson in stead of Goode.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 7:43 pm

Chjw131 wrote:Rumoured in the Telegraph that Lancs will name an unchanged XV and, specifically on the matter of George Ford, said he would not drop OF to give Ford experience.

Tuilagi does indeed knock Goode out of the 23 in the only change. No sentiment from SL in that decision, now he's gone that way I hope to see Manu get some time on the wing (as I can't make my mind up if playing him there would work at this level) although I understand most of his age grade rugby was played there.

Can't make up my mind if I think Ford should start or not. I understand from the experience point of view but the backs are still not the finished article and the Care, Farrell 12 trees axis is still relatively inexperienced as a trio.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:16 pm

Eastmond and mullan are also travelling with the squad.Does this mean eastmond has leapfrogged Goode as a possible bench option in the future?

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:28 pm

B91212 wrote:
Chjw131 wrote:Rumoured in the Telegraph that Lancs will name an unchanged XV and, specifically on the matter of George Ford, said he would not drop OF to give Ford experience.

Tuilagi does indeed knock Goode out of the 23 in the only change. No sentiment from SL in that decision, now he's gone that way I hope to see Manu get some time on the wing (as I can't make my mind up if playing him there would work at this level) although I understand most of his age grade rugby was played there.

Can't make up my mind if I think Ford should start or not. I understand from the experience point of view but the backs are still not the finished article and the Care, Farrell 12 trees axis is still relatively inexperienced as a trio.

We do need to win this game and win it well, i wouldn't start anyone else other that the same 15 from the wales game. If we're winning well by 60 minutes then let Ford get on - The italians would start to tire by then so should be a great introduction for Ford.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:39 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I wouldn't risk Manu even on the bench - even for the SIs. I'd bundle him in cotton wool 'til next season.

But if SL feels differently, Manu (if properly fit) against the Italians for the last 20-25 minutes could mean 13-20 additional points on Saturday via bosh and offloads.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:42 pm

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. I wouldn't risk Manu even on the bench - even for the SIs. I'd bundle him in cotton wool 'til next season.

But if SL feels differently, Manu (if properly fit) against the Italians for the last 20-25 minutes could mean 13-20 additional points on Saturday via bosh and offloads.

That's a conservative view that is no longer necessary with Burrell and 36 working well, prior to this combo England have had no centre combination since Greenwood and Tindall, Manu should be on the bench as soon as possible and told he has to fight his way back in.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:45 pm

From a friend in France
Jean-Claude-Francois, Le Grand Testicule wrote:The French are ze best people een the world.  Oui will beat the silly Irish.  Their island is a stupid place.  Eet ees a dark, fungus infested island whose weather ees merde.  Oui weel win by 50 points.  Brian O'Driscoll looks like an ugly woman.  

Ireland ees just to the ouest from Wales.  Wales ees full of short dark people who always fight, fight, fight.  Especially at closing time at McDonalds:  "one more Big Mac or I weel keel you".  

And Wales ees just to the ouest from Eeengland.  Zat country is full of ze most arrogant peeeple in ze world.  In France, we refer to them as Surrender Monkeys.  

And oui cannot forget ze the drunken Scots.  Oui think they drink because they are stuck with the Irish, Welsh, and Eeenglish.  Poor pitiful basterauds, their weather is also merde.  

And zat leaves La Belle France.  Ze most beautiful country, tout le monde.   Our women, huh, huh, huh.  Magnifique.  Our culture, terrifique.  Our courage, formidable (we have never lost a war).  Our Rugby, fantastique.

You all suck.

Last edited by doctor_grey on Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:47 pm

I also thought that MV looked to be struggling a little at the end of the Wales match. (and his left leg was heavily strapped) That might be a reason why Mullan is still with the squad.

Manu is Manu. If they think he has healed enough then hes a special case, and you couldnt ask for a player with more impact from the bench. On form I think he is better than Burrell, but Burrell has done everything in his power to make any long term decisions difficult. I dont want to see Manu on the wing

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:52 pm

Manu was very rusty in the 1st half against the falcons but the 2nd half he played alot better. I think it was a wise decision to keep Manu in training if what Lancaster has said is true - that they have new systems. I'd like Manu to get half hour playing under these new systems as he'll likely be available for the first match against the kiwis. Lets be honest, the Tigers have been poo this season.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glorioux Empire Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:59 pm

Allo my British chum! I am the big fan of your Britishmen like Sam Warburton, most specially his Lord of the rings films.

Glorioux Empire

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:00 pm

hmmmmmm

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:02 pm

Glorioux Empire wrote:

Allo my British chum! I am the big fan of your Britishmen like Sam Warburton, most specially his Lord of the rings films.

Looks like someone fancies themselves as a comedian, I hope they realise the mods can check duplicate IPs.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:18 pm

Italy won't be short of motivation. They are playing at home, and always like to put on a performance in front of their own crowd. England are the only Six Nations side with an unbeaten record against them, so there is something to play for even though the season has gone. They will also be aware of the talk about racking up fifty points, which would hurt anyone's pride. Oh, and Parisse is back.

I'm all in favour of us trying to get the points but England will have to break the spirit of the Italian team first.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:24 pm

Gloriouso Imperio wrote:
Sam Warbuton wrote:
Glorioux Empire wrote:

Oh comedian, "don't forget to tip your waitresses"  Rolling Eyes 

I think you are not so the good player as Dallaglio mister Sam

Some people have far too much spare time

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:36 pm

Jean-Claude-Francois, Le Grand Testicule wrote:The French are ze best people een the world.  Oui will beat the silly Irish.  Their island is a stupid place.  Eet ees a dark, fungus infested island whose weather ees merde.  Oui weel win by 50 points.  Brian O'Driscoll looks like an ugly woman.  

Ireland ees just to the ouest from Wales.  Wales ees full of short dark people who always fight, fight, fight.  Especially at closing time at McDonalds:  "one more Big Mac or I weel keel you".  

And Wales ees just to the ouest from Eeengland.  Zat country is full of ze most arrogant peeeple in ze world.  In France, we refer to them as Surrender Monkeys.  

And oui cannot forget ze the drunken Scots.  Oui think they drink because they are stuck with the Irish, Welsh, and Eeenglish.  Poor pitiful basterauds, their weather is also merde.  

And zat leaves La Belle France.  Ze most beautiful country, tout le monde.   Our women, huh, huh, huh.  Magnifique.  Our culture, terrifique.  Our courage, formidable (we have never lost a war).  Our Rugby, fantastique.

You all suck.

Welcome to 606 and tankyou most essentially for you're lovellly commets.  What are you being thought that a scorh might bees against the mist-suckers thoze Ireesh, that's being me perhaps is also ones of?  
I consider 0-35 to the stonkers, ze Ireesh, that would be a good scorh that will stuff up your sheeting onto us for all these times that are called yeers.  They Ireesh comes to kill you off with POM, a jynte big fella that bees 7'6" and yellows fangs.   They now thinks best to know more abowt rugbee since Joe shows up with Saint like capableness to reads other teams wot do be their plans....an' all.

Except them Ongleesh types that can did keep their plans secrets from him until after ze gawme was over!!!  

Joe says "unfair play that seems to be and I should stonk a sending letter to IRB" - But postsbox full there from PRL sending many many leters to IRB to says things like possibly "Go F**K Yourselves" and discussions like being this that nobody is speaking to anyones abouwt but shouting "Go F**K yourselves" to everybody elses like WRU, IRFU, LNR, NASA, UN, ERC...who says back in friendly responses "Go F**K Yourselves!" back to PRL. .

Anyway.... enjoy this places here called 606.  Lotsa nutcases, lotsa mad fellas... but funny types too especially most serious ones who can't be smiling much at jokers and instead called Modulators to shaft poor dixies for 72 hours.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:57 pm

doctor_grey wrote:

From a friend in France

You all suck.

This is exceptionally amusing and deserves to be a sticky as a comment from our European neighbours. Brav f'ing Vo to M. Grand Testicule

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:10 pm

Secretfly I dont know who you have been talking to but 7'6'' wont mean anything to them

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:13 pm

lostinwales wrote:Secretfly I dont know who you have been talking to but 7'6'' wont mean anything to them

You mean they'll understand the rest of it????!!!  Cool 

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:44 am

Two days away.
Hells Bells, this coming Saturday will be a good 'un. Where will everyone be watching?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 13 Mar 2014, 2:07 pm

Joe Marler has not flown out with the squad - waiting on the birth of his first baby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26557099

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 13 Mar 2014, 2:27 pm

Well then Mako can start, and show what he can bring to the England team.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 3:40 pm

Looks realistically like MV to start. Is Castro playing? Mullan to come onto the bench.

I think Mako Mako has got an opportunity to do what he did for the Lions and has done consistently for Sarries. He's not had a stand-out game for England yet but if he doesn't get munched in the scrum he could have a strong game.

Mullan has been going well scrum-wise for Wasps but I don't know if his other work is much cop?

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 5:10 pm

Italy Team:

15 Luke McLean
14 Angelo Esposito
13 Michele Campagnaro
12 Gonzalo Garcia
11 Leonardo Sarto
10 Luciano Orquera
9 Tito Tebaldi

1 Matias Aguero
2 Leonardo Ghiraldini
3 Lorenzo Cittadini
4 Quintin Geldenhuys
5 Marco Bortolami
6 Joshua Furno
7 Robert Barbieri
8 Sergio Parisse

Replacements:
16 Davide Giazzon
17 Michele Rizzo
18 Alberto De Marchi
19 George Biagi
20 Paul Derbyshire
21 Edoardo Gori
22 Tommaso Allan
23 Andrea Masi

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 5:12 pm

That's a huge pack btw. Furno is usually a SR no? Barbieri I can recall playing 8 and 6 but not 7 although I might be way off there.

Cittadini isn't a bad scrummager so Mako won't have it all his own way.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 13 Mar 2014, 5:21 pm

It's a powerful and experienced pack from Italy, but as always the backline looks weak.

Orquera can be very good on his day, but more often than not is pretty dreadful. It's a shame that Benevenuti is missing, he's a class act, and I'd have Masi and Gori starting personally.

As always Parisse will stand out, and Barbieri and Furno are a decent double act on the flanks.

I think England will win by 15-20 points, building slowly with a couple of cheap scores later on.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Mar 2014, 5:29 pm

I know I keep saying it, but everytime I see his name now I get the same reaction.
Parisse. He might stand out for all the wrong reasons. In the last few years I keep seeing that his rhythms are all wrong for the team. He fusses to where he's not needed and seems to feel the team need him everwhere, which they don't.
Ironically, he could be a real weak-link in this team - and then add in his often petulance with refs and his general propensity for hot-headness. The English might have a field day with him.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next