The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randy Poffo aka Macho Man Randy Savage dies in car crash

+28
Bobby Roode
theanimal316
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
psycho-gooner
AberdeenSteve
Bonesaw's ready
Brady12
Lex-Express
greggschickenbake
Sarsippius
Adam D
Fadorock
Enforcer
Kid Vicious
Fernando
bretmeharty
User Name
randy-poffo
ADMIN
Bull
Samo
sodhat
ncfc_Tooze
Chuck Norris
Gregers
hodge
Liam_Main
Pr4wn
32 posters

Go down

Randy Poffo aka Macho Man Randy Savage dies in car crash Empty Randy Poffo aka Macho Man Randy Savage dies in car crash

Post by Pr4wn Fri 20 May 2011, 5:39 pm

I'm seeing loads of reports on twitter that Macho Man Randy Savage has died in a car accident?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Randy Poffo aka Macho Man Randy Savage dies in car crash Empty Re: Randy Poffo aka Macho Man Randy Savage dies in car crash

Post by Liam_Main Fri 20 May 2011, 5:40 pm

I sure hope not.Will have too wait to see if it's confirmed or not.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Randy Poffo aka Macho Man Randy Savage dies in car crash Empty Re: Randy Poffo aka Macho Man Randy Savage dies in car crash

Post by hodge Fri 20 May 2011, 5:41 pm

aparantly so

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/BREAKING_NEWS_Randy_Savage_Killed_In_Car_Acci.php

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 20 May 2011, 5:59 pm

RIP Macho Man, one of the all time greats. Jay Lethal to WWE to induct him into the HOF?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Fri 20 May 2011, 6:05 pm

I am actually shocked at this! RIP

Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 20 May 2011, 6:07 pm

RIP macho man

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 May 2011, 6:15 pm

Well if this is true, will he continue to be ignored for the WWE Hall of Fame?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 20 May 2011, 6:16 pm

Jesus, RIP Macho Man if its true.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 20 May 2011, 6:17 pm

RIP Macho man hope its not true

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 20 May 2011, 6:17 pm

I hope not.

RIP Macho Man, you truely were one of the greatest stars to ever grace the ring, in an age of over the top cartoon figures you stood head and shoulders above them all.
You inspired a generation and you made us all believe.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 20 May 2011, 6:18 pm

'On May 20, 2011, TMZ reported that Savage suffered a heart attack around 10AM on a highway in Tampa, Florida before losing control of the vehicle and crashing. It was later confirmed by Savage's brother, Lanny Poffo.[11] According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Savage was driving a 2009 Jeep Wrangler when he "veered across a concrete median ... through oncoming traffic ... and "collided head-on with a tree." His wife Lynn was a passenger but survived with "minor injuries". According to officials, both were wearing their seatbelts at the time. Police confirmed that alcohol was not a factor in the crash.'

From Wikipedia.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 May 2011, 6:20 pm

It seems one hell of huge hoax if it is one. Typed into google and it produced loads of reports, from seemingly reliable sources.

RIP Macho Man.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 20 May 2011, 6:21 pm

Full report:

TMZ spoke with Randy's brother, Lanny Poffo, who tells us the wrestling legend suffered a heart attack while he was behind the wheel around 9:25 AM ... and lost control of his vehicle.

Earlier this month, Savage celebrated his 1-year anniversary with his new wife Lynn.

Savage was 58.

Macho Man began wrestling in the WWF in 1985 and became a superstar with his trademark catchphrase "Ooooooh Yeaahhhhh." Savage was so popular, he became the spokesperson for Slim Jim in the mid '90s ... and became virtually synonymous with the brand.

UPDATE: Florida Highway Patrol tells TMZ ... Savage was driving his 2009 Jeep Wrangler when he veered across a concrete median ... through oncoming traffic ... and "collided head-on with a tree."

Savage was transported to Largo Medical center, where he died from his injuries.

Savage's wife was a passenger in the vehicle during the collision -- but survived with "minor injuries." She was transported to a different local hospital where she was treated.

According to officials, Randy and Lynn were both wearing their seatbelts at the time of the accident.

Cops say alcohol was NOT a factor.

An investigation into the accident is underway.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 20 May 2011, 6:23 pm

It's unfortunately very much real, the likes of Hogan, Rock etc are tweeting on it now.

Cry

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Fri 20 May 2011, 6:26 pm

RIP to the greatest Wrestling performer of all time.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Fri 20 May 2011, 6:29 pm

Still no metion on wwe.com

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 20 May 2011, 6:32 pm

R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Fri 20 May 2011, 6:36 pm

Just saw someone's facebook status and was like nah that can't be real, pretty shocked. R.I.P.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 20 May 2011, 6:41 pm

r.i.p macho man Crying or Very sad

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 20 May 2011, 6:42 pm

this is awful
Sad

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 20 May 2011, 6:43 pm

RIP to one of my favourite wrestlers as a child. Everything about him completely drew me in. A very sad day

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadorock Fri 20 May 2011, 6:47 pm

So very very sad randy was one of the most charismatic and talented performers sadly hos legacy is overlooked as WWE seem intent on erasing his legacy. It will be very intereting to see how WWE address this. Not much else to say it's just very sad.

Fadorock

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 20 May 2011, 6:50 pm

time for vince to put the past aside now and induct him into the HOF

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 May 2011, 6:59 pm

WWE have acknowledged this as true:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/randy-savage-passes

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 20 May 2011, 7:00 pm

gutted.

One of my all time faves. Brilliant entertainer andhe is one of the few ex wwe stars who I still liked watching all these years on.

Legend of the business - going to dig out my WWF single which he featured on.

Shocked in an understatement.

RIP randy.

Oooooooooooooh yeahhhhhhhhh.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Fri 20 May 2011, 7:04 pm

RIP Randy Savage

Interesting to see whether it gets much of a mention on Raw, and like has been said before whether he gets a place in the HoF

He'll be remembered as a great

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 20 May 2011, 7:06 pm

TNA now reporting it aswell
http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2670-TNA-Joins-The-Wrestling-World-In-Mourning-The-Passing-Of-Randy-Savage

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Fri 20 May 2011, 7:13 pm

Not being funny and don't mean to offend but who gives a Flip If wwe acknowledge it of not.

We all know he was a ledge wwe aint be all and end all!

It's a sad day and last thing im concerned with is what wwe think about it!

Last edited by David Tails on Fri 20 May 2011, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bypassing Swear Filter.)

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by greggschickenbake Fri 20 May 2011, 7:17 pm

I got a text of my best mate telling me that he died in a car accident. I actually stopped dead centre in Manchester and kept re-reading to make sure I wasn't being delusional.
A truly sad day in Wrestling. RIP 'Macho Man' Randy Savage. A wrestling great.

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Fri 20 May 2011, 7:23 pm

well said Bret

I found out on facebook just now, Savage was truly a legend of the business, he was an insperation and and idol to me when i was growing up I remember getting a birthday card with a macho man badge on it when i was 7/8 it was great

this is shocking, sad, terrible news

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 20 May 2011, 7:31 pm

I heard the news on talk sport news bulletin at 7 o'clock... Shows really what a huge star he was

The 2nd biggest draw in wrestlings 1st boom period.

R.I.P Macho Man my thoughts are with Lanny & family

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesaw's ready Fri 20 May 2011, 7:37 pm

An early favourite of mine. Sad news indeed

Bonesaw's ready

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 20 May 2011, 8:00 pm

Jay Lethal has posted the following poem up on Twitter:

You were a tower of power that was too sweet to be sour,
You were funky like a monkey every minute of every hour.
For you, space was the place and time distortion had to be,
And your fans here on earth wanted the madness for eternity.
You met every challenge with fists clinched and face to face,
You even fought and defeats dragons and snakes.
Flying off the ropes with an elbow drop,
There was no way you could ever be stopped.
Identifiable by your voice alone,
Even being Dubbed the macho king while you sat on your throne.
We hung on your words with interviews memorable and classic,
And we knew it was serious when you took off your glasses.
I promise not to lose you in the sands of time,
For you will always be that all time hero of mine.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 20 May 2011, 8:21 pm

Hope McMahon learns from this, Savage is truly one of the greatest to grace the WWE and McMahon's grudge cost Savage to feel that feeling of being inducted. Instead he'll be inducted and people will see it as a mere sympathy induction which is really sad. He deserved so much better.

Not of my era but I have watched his stuff, truly a legend.
RIP Randy 'Macho Man' Savage.

OH YEEAAAHHH!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri 20 May 2011, 9:12 pm

Gregers wrote:RIP Macho Man, one of the all time greats. Jay Lethal to WWE to induct him into the HOF?

pardon my ignorance but why would Jay Lethal of all people induct Savage into the HOF?

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Fri 20 May 2011, 9:18 pm

Thanks for posting Lethal's poem up Hero

brought a tear to my eye

I cant believe the Macho Man has gone

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Fri 20 May 2011, 9:20 pm

psycho-gooner wrote:
Gregers wrote:RIP Macho Man, one of the all time greats. Jay Lethal to WWE to induct him into the HOF?

pardon my ignorance but why would Jay Lethal of all people induct Savage into the HOF?

Jay lethal portrayed the character of Black Machismo, a macho man tribute act in TNA for quite some time, and in my view he did it very well

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Fri 20 May 2011, 9:22 pm

a great tribute by Lethal, black machismo clearly more than a gimmick to him

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 20 May 2011, 10:06 pm

Just heard about this. Sad news he was my favouritewrestler when I first started watching WWF. Crying or Very sad
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Fri 20 May 2011, 10:08 pm

RIP Macho Man. One of the best ever. He will be reunited with Miss Elizabeth now.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Roode Fri 20 May 2011, 10:33 pm

I've not been around recently guys but I had to contribute to this article. Absolutely gobsmacked, shocked and saddened by this news. He was and always will be one of my favourite wrestlers of all time. Lost for words. RIP Randy

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 20 May 2011, 10:59 pm

Although i don't know much about him, i want to pay my respects.

This is very upsetting Sad

RIP.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 21 May 2011, 2:48 am

I'm sad man, this sucks, I hope his family don't let Vince induct him

we're all Randy Savage

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 May 2011, 11:04 am

Terrible news. Im shocked by this.
RIP Randy.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 21 May 2011, 11:04 am

RIP

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sat 21 May 2011, 11:31 am

RIP Randy Savage.

Terrible news.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 May 2011, 11:39 am

Wrestling lost a legend, icon and a hero.

Shocking news.

RIP Macho Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Sat 21 May 2011, 2:53 pm

https://2img.net/h/i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc463/Mark_Y_93/machoman.jpg

Last edited by Y I Man on Sat 21 May 2011, 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : removed embedded image)

Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down