The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insane Fight Club...anyone watch it?

+3
Mr H
Brilliant_yep
dyrewolfe
7 posters

Go down

Insane Fight Club...anyone watch it? Empty Insane Fight Club...anyone watch it?

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 12 Mar 2014, 1:24 pm

It was a documentary on BBC1 last night about the Scottish-based Insane Championship Wrestling promotion (affectionately known as IC Dub by its fans).

I thought it was a great insight into grass roots wrestling..sort of like a real-life version of The Wrestler, with guys trying to make a name for themselves on the independent circuit.

It cast an eye over some of the weird and wonderful characters who put their bodies on the line, (one of whom got to wrestle WWE star Colt Cabana), the struggles of the manager to put shows together (including co-writing the storylines) and the nutty hardcore fans.

Anyway, just wanted to say I thought it was well worth watching. If anyone is interested you can probably catch it on the BBC iPlayer.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Insane Fight Club...anyone watch it? Empty Re: Insane Fight Club...anyone watch it?

Post by Brilliant_yep Wed 12 Mar 2014, 2:12 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
Hadn't heard about this, but will definitely check it out later.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Insane Fight Club...anyone watch it? Empty Re: Insane Fight Club...anyone watch it?

Post by Mr H Wed 12 Mar 2014, 2:28 pm

I saw it. That Grado guy is crackers, and fair play to Colt Cabana for helping him promote the match by walking around Glasgow in his wrestling attire!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 12 Mar 2014, 2:50 pm

Mr H wrote:I saw it. That Grado guy is crackers, and fair play to Colt Cabana for helping him promote the match by walking around Glasgow in his wrestling attire!
You can see more of their adventures on youtube: Episode 1 (Colt arrives in Scotland), episode 2 (promoting the show), episode 3 (weigh-in).

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 12 Mar 2014, 3:27 pm

I thought it was a great insight into the world of wrestling Smile Shame they focused on Grado so much, but I'd like to see this maybe become a series. Even if it's shoved in some graveyard slot on BBC4, I'd happily watch the rise of ICW Smile Apparently they have a show coming to London in May sometime?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 12 Mar 2014, 3:43 pm

And if you missed my interview with Grado, here it is - http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/08/v2-wrestling-podcast-interview-with-grado.html

One of my favourite ones that I have had the pleasure of being involved in.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 12 Mar 2014, 5:56 pm

We need a "plug" emoticon.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down