The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shield at WM

+6
Dolphin Ziggler
Kay Fabe
Nakatomi Plaza
Hero
cloudsm
Francis
10 posters

Go down

The Shield at WM Empty The Shield at WM

Post by Francis Thu 13 Mar 2014, 10:53 am

Morning all

What do we think the plan is with the Shield at WM30? I'm going back and forth and I can't be sure if they are going to split before the big day... After all its 4 weeks now and they seem to be re-solidified as a trio. It looks like they showed the cracks but decided to keep them going until after WM, perhaps because this WM is all about DB and it'd be 'lost in the shuffle'...?

What do you all think? Also, want to mention that it's great to see Cesaro getting a decent push and great reactions - for all the stick that HHH may get, he really does seem to be pushing new talent.

Francis

Back to top Go down

The Shield at WM Empty Re: The Shield at WM

Post by cloudsm Thu 13 Mar 2014, 12:45 pm

I hope they don't just stick them all in the battle royal. If Cena hadnt been fighting Bray Wyatt i would have had a rematch between the shield and Wyatt in a hell in call match

cloudsm

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 13 Mar 2014, 12:48 pm

I suspect it's now going to be The Shield v Kane, Luke Harper and Eric Rowan with Shield as faces.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Francis Thu 13 Mar 2014, 12:50 pm

The Battle Royal does seem like it will be a dumping ground for those without a story-line or a feud... The Shield however are on fire, yet the only storyline I could see them going with seems to have been dropped - in favour of nothing! If they do go with a Shield break-up storyline then they need to do it quickly...

The Shield vs Wyatts (minus Wyatt) & Kane does make sense given the threats Kane and The Shield have been giving to eachother, doesn't seem like a high enough profile match for them though.

Francis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:32 pm

Francis wrote:The Battle Royal does seem like it will be a dumping ground for those without a story-line or a feud... The Shield however are on fire, yet the only storyline I could see them going with seems to have been dropped - in favour of nothing! If they do go with a Shield break-up storyline then they need to do it quickly...

The Shield vs Wyatts (minus Wyatt) & Kane does make sense given the threats Kane and The Shield have been giving to eachother, doesn't seem like a high enough profile match for them though.

I agree with you that matching the Shield against Kane and the Wyatt's is a step down, particularly as Kane's new attire seems to be based on Onslow from Keeping up Appearance. I'm actually glad they are holding off on the break up though. As the Real Americans are splitting it seems like overkill splitting two teams within the same period.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:54 pm

I'm still not convinced they won't break them up but if the don't then I think any Shield match will probably involve Mark Henry, maybe even Cody and Goldust too, its still a step down but the Rhodes hadsome brilliant cchemistry with them last year so it could be a fun match that could hype the crowd

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:14 pm

I dont really get the sense around the Wyatt family breaking off to hold hands with Kane

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:31 pm

Can they not play the card that Kane went off our screens at the hand of the Wyatts and when he came back he was 'Corporate Kane' so he would still be 'following the buzzards'
The Wyatts may have him brainwashed. The only way it makes sense to me.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:22 am

I think the Wyatt's have to remain original for a WrestleMania match, I dont think inserting Kane into it now would strengthen them, I do believe they could have brainwashed him but I feel that should be better explained than a rush job just for WrestleMania.

henchman 1 & 2 would look stronger as a pairing against a 2man team, realistically though I wouldnt put the Wyatt's on the card in a match though, I'd keep them with Bray for his match with Cena, they wont look good or a credible threat if they get their asses kicked an hour or so earlier, I think they'll merit a spot in the Battle Royal but for me thats about it as far as a match is concerned.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 14 Mar 2014, 7:56 am

I think The Shield can be used very effectively as part of the battle royale, and it would be easy to tell the story of their breakup in that match.

I'd much rather see that than have them in a default babyface role against a thrown-together team.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 14 Mar 2014, 1:01 pm

I completely agree I think the Shield could really make that match their own, Ambrose and Reigns as thefinal 2 would be quite a spectacle

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 15 Mar 2014, 2:58 am

Kay Fabe wrote:I completely agree  I think the Shield could really make that match their own, Ambrose and Reigns as thefinal 2 would be quite a spectacle

what do you know man? Pfffft

after thinking about it a few times during the day I'm not sure that a basic re-shoot of The Rumble would be a good idea and as much as I hope it wont I think this Battle Royal will be jobbersville central, so in that sense I'm gonna change my mind, entering the Battle Royle would be a major kick in the balls to The Shield]

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:16 am

The latest word on the street is that the Ascension from NXT will be brought up and paired with Kane against the Shield.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 15 Mar 2014, 10:13 am

I like The Ascension. They've been on some live events lately, I would guess that people might be putting 1 and 2 together and coming up with WrestleMania.

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 15 Mar 2014, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 15 Mar 2014, 11:05 am

I think we'll more likely see Kane use his Authority to create more division within The Shield, I'm still going for the Triple Threat, maybe noy a full blown fallout before WrestleMania though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Sat 15 Mar 2014, 2:47 pm

I like the idea of The Shield vs Kane/The Acsension. But I stink its a step down from the previous mania where they faced Sheamus/Orton and Big Show.

I still think a triple threat is on the cards, think they will continue to tease tension with Ambrose being the one to cause the problems. I do think Rollins and Reigns will remain face. I just hope they don't get put into the battle royal considering it may be on the pre show for wrestlemania.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 15 Mar 2014, 4:50 pm

I think we'll see the break up this Monday, often these united front moments are just a smoke screen to distract from the eventual break up, I could be wrong but I think it'll happen sooner rather than later

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 15 Mar 2014, 5:10 pm

I'm pretty confident it'll still be a triple threat. The only instruction they would need would be "you have this much time, go tell a story and make sure X wins".

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat 15 Mar 2014, 7:28 pm

I'd be surprised if The Ascention were brought up to the main roster and put on the Wrestlemania card this late

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down