The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frankie Gavin

+3
Billy Shears
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
azania
7 posters

Go down

Frankie Gavin Empty Frankie Gavin

Post by azania Fri 20 May 2011 - 19:27

Whatch this kid go. I predict in 18 months he will be a bonafide world champ. A unification match up with Khan beckons and Funtime will win. Simply too accurate and varied for Khan.

Thoughts?

azania

Back to top Go down

Frankie Gavin Empty Re: Frankie Gavin

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 20 May 2011 - 19:34

My favourite prospect for a while now. Has the skills to become a world champ. I always think that it's hard to guage how far fighters will go when they are fighting poor opposition but funtime is stepping up slowly and is going in the right direction. Styles makes fights and I think he has every possibility of beating khan. Would be a cracker of te fight if they don't lose in the future.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 20 May 2011 - 19:38

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:My favourite prospect for a while now. Has the skills to become a world champ. I always think that it's hard to guage how far fighters will go when they are fighting poor opposition but funtime is stepping up slowly and is going in the right direction. Styles makes fights and I think he has every possibility of beating khan. Would be a cracker of te fight if they don't lose in the future.

This is one kid I have been following since the amateurs. I saw him in the worlds and thought he was first class. Pity about the olympics as he got shafted with the weight issues. His only downfall is that he has tender skin. What impresses me is his punch accuracy.

He is being matched very well and I can see some very good domestic fights with Brook who funtime will beat if they met next anyway.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Shears Fri 20 May 2011 - 21:01

Excited to see him and Billy-Jo tomorrow night. Young Mutley is a good name to have on his CV, but I still think he'll be levels above.

After Khan's rift with Sky Sports, I think the next time he fights over here will be when Gavin beats him in mid to late 2012.

Billy Shears

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 20 May 2011 - 22:24

Hope Warren hurries him along think he is to good for British level and fighting for to long their would just be bad for his career. Looks a future world champ to me as well like you said Az his accuracy is very impressive.

Would like to see him fight Brook, would pick Gavin to edge it but think it would be a cracker.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 20 May 2011 - 22:41

prettyboykev wrote:Hope Warren hurries him along think he is to good for British level and fighting for to long their would just be bad for his career. Looks a future world champ to me as well like you said Az his accuracy is very impressive.

Would like to see him fight Brook, would pick Gavin to edge it but think it would be a cracker.

For once I think Warren is doing a good job with a prospect. He shouldn't be hurried along too much. Far too many prospects have bene hurried and then found wanting when they reach a certain level. Frankie should go the traditional route. Build up his resume, fight for the British title, euro and then world belt. After that he should leave Warren and sign with GBP so he will get meaningful fights. Warren should be the football equivalent of a feeder club.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 20 May 2011 - 22:52

azania wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Hope Warren hurries him along think he is to good for British level and fighting for to long their would just be bad for his career. Looks a future world champ to me as well like you said Az his accuracy is very impressive.

For once I think Warren is doing a good job with a prospect. He shouldn't be hurried along too much. Far too many prospects have bene hurried and then found wanting when they reach a certain level. Frankie should go the traditional route. Build up his resume, fight for the British title, euro and then world belt. After that he should leave Warren and sign with GBP so he will get meaningful fights. Warren should be the football equivalent of a feeder club.

I don't want to see him hang around domestically to long though he might get bored and go stale. The belt he is fighting for is the want Brook was stripped of I would really like to see that fght.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Fri 20 May 2011 - 23:15

When he came out, thought he looked the best prospect, not only due to being the Britains only World gold medallist. However He hasnt been stepped up in competition, and i worry about how much progress hass been made. He might get a world title in 18-24 months, but towards the end of that time I think.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 20 May 2011 - 23:25

Genuine talent who should have had that Olympic gold medal to bolster his claims and make his path to a world title bout a little faster. Sadly, he shares some similarities to the man who, for me, is his main rival to the crown of being the most naturally talented fighter still on the domestic scene - Kell Brook. Questionable attitude according to reports, and an infuriating lack of genuine quality of his CV considering the talents he has. A world champion of the future I'm sure - most fighters currently operating anywhere in the world between 135 lb and 147 lb can only dream of his accuracy - but I worry that he'll be resting on his laurels all too easily once it happens. I'm fully convinced that he'd have the beating of Khan a year or two down the line, to boot.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 21 May 2011 - 11:47

the only problem when warren is bringing him along this slowly is it feeds his ego and when eventually he steps up he might not be ready for it as he's been feed to many bums. nearly every fight ive seen him in so far the other guy's barely punched back. he's learnt nothing from the fighters he's faced.

like chris has said he would have been pushed on much quicker if he had the olympic medal, so why not without it. he's got the talent. he turned pro at the same time as degale did yet degale has already fought and won the british title. if gavin wants to be world champ he should be already fighting british level standard to aid his development

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 21 May 2011 - 11:51

compelling and rich wrote:the only problem when warren is bringing him along this slowly is it feeds his ego and when eventually he steps up he might not be ready for it as he's been feed to many bums. nearly every fight ive seen him in so far the other guy's barely punched back. he's learnt nothing from the fighters he's faced.

like chris has said he would have been pushed on much quicker if he had the olympic medal, so why not without it. he's got the talent. he turned pro at the same time as degale did yet degale has already fought and won the british title. if gavin wants to be world champ he should be already fighting british level standard to aid his development

If he gets past Mutley with some style, he will (should) be pushed. His next fight should against a more decent opponent who has ambition and not some guy on a 2 day notice, have gloves will fight type of guy. There's no need to rush him. Let his learn the findermentals of pro boxing and then gradually step it up. He is 7 fights away from a world belt imo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 21 May 2011 - 11:57

az- he's not even fought british title level yet though, at his current rate 7 fights is going to be far too soon, he would need 3 british/commonwealth fights then 2 european level then a couple borderline world level fights to be ready for a world title shot. knowing warren he would pick the easiest belt holder but still cant see the next 7 fights being that level

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down