The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Adages

5 posters

Go down

Forum Adages Empty Forum Adages

Post by niwatts Sun 16 Mar 2014, 7:20 pm

Looking at reviews of the tournament it has brought to mind some of the popular beliefs expressed on this forum in recent years by English supporters. What are some of the beliefs held by your fellow supporters that have been touched on this season?

Brown is too slow to be an international full-back.

Launchbury and Lawes won't work as a partnership, you can't play two athletic type locks, you need a big lump.

Lawes can't run an international lineout.

You can't play Robshaw and Wood together, they're too similar, you need an out-and-out 7.

Burrell is a 12, he won't play well at 13.

England are never going to progress with Farrell at 10, all he can do is kick and tackle.

Care is too attacking a scrum-half to partner Farrell.

Lancaster is out of his depth as England coach and won't develop the side.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Forum Adages Empty Re: Forum Adages

Post by Scratch Sun 16 Mar 2014, 7:25 pm

Lanacaster has developed the side in terms of performance in this competition, most significantly by picking the same side with minimal changes, but he still hasn't won the tournament and therefore the net result of his stewardship is that he has nothing to show for it.

If England don't win well next year then i think the RWC is beyond them

After 3 consecutive missed opportunities questions need to be asked about why England choke in the 6 Nations.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Mar 2014, 7:28 pm

Many variations of Scotland are Poopie , none touched upon, all confirmed.

Yes still hungover.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Mar 2014, 7:30 pm

Is it a choke to lose one in five matches , away to a frontrunner?

I'm not sure I follow that if the same thing were to happen next 6N, why England couldn't string together 3 victories in a row (post-pool stage), on home soil?

Calm down - I think England are there or thereabouts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 16 Mar 2014, 7:41 pm

Surely after the pool stage England will have no further interest unless they run a Plate competition.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Mar 2014, 9:23 pm

Was that your 2000th post because that's a doozie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 16 Mar 2014, 9:25 pm

I thank you.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 17 Mar 2014, 1:26 pm

niwatts wrote:Looking at reviews of the tournament it has brought to mind some of the popular beliefs expressed on this forum in recent years by English supporters. What are some of the beliefs held by your fellow supporters that have been touched on this season?

Brown is too slow to be an international full-back. Haven't seen that one for ages - too slow for an international winger perhaps, although the way he finished the two tries in Italy suggest that the work with Margot Wells has really paid dividends

Launchbury and Lawes won't work as a partnership, you can't play two athletic type locks, you need a big lump. Shows a lot about how tthe game has changed and how England are looking to play with great mobility. We have though compromised the scrum a bit, and have looked more solid there once Attwood has come on (admitedly with the front rows being replaced at the same time)

Lawes can't run an international lineout. Some posters with some humble pie to eat on that one for sure

You can't play Robshaw and Wood together, they're too similar, you need an out-and-out 7. Haven't seen that from any England fans - a few Welsh had a go at Robshaw not being a 'proper 7', but as a pairing Woodshaw haven't had a bad game in 2 years.

Burrell is a 12, he won't play well at 13. Dangerous to speculate before seeing how someone goes in internationals. The inverse was all those supporters convinced Johnny May was a star in waiting for the wing spot - for me, his performances hav gone down from a promising start v Scotland

England are never going to progress with Farrell at 10, all he can do is kick and tackle. Again, some himble pie for many of us - as I put somewhere else, I reckon he's the most improved player over the last 12 montsh, and while there are still a few rough edges to polish, he's rapidly heading towards world class.

Care is too attacking a scrum-half to partner Farrell. Not sure I'd seen that one. More commonly argued that Care has struggled to transfer his Quins form to the England jersey, and that he was too prone to making mistakes (e.g. bad box kicks). This 6Ns he's definitely lived up to the promise of his club form, and has largely cut out the too short box kicking, indeed to me it looks like he is deliberately erring on the side of kicking too far if in any doubt

Lancaster is out of his depth as England coach and won't develop the side.
Certainly there have been some good developments, and I've always liked Bomber's attitude to picking young talent, but there are still some questions, in particular regarding his loyalty to certain quad players and to his use of substitutes which arguably cost us both the win in France and more points in Italy (although in the latter case there was an argument for giving some of the bench players some game time)

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 17 Mar 2014, 1:35 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:Surely after the pool stage England will have no further interest unless they run a Plate competition.

Its ok...we'll not need a plate competition...we're only playing Wales and Australia.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down