The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is at least....interesting

+2
Hammersmith harrier
ONETWOFOREVER
6 posters

Go down

This is at least....interesting Empty This is at least....interesting

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 20 Mar 2014, 8:51 pm

Gary Russell Jr. (24-0, 14 KO’s) and #5 WBO Vasyl Lomachenko are set to face each other for the WBO featherweight title.

The deal should be done in the next 30 days.

Blinding speed v special talent who wins.

Prediction? Loma knocks jnr out mid to late rounds.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

This is at least....interesting Empty Re: This is at least....interesting

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 20 Mar 2014, 9:00 pm

I would be very surprised if this fight came off, no way would GBP or Top Rank risk one of their prospects against a rivals fighter.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 20 Mar 2014, 9:08 pm

If they don't then they're going to have to get them a title shot another way, unlikely Golden Boy will want to walk away as Russell JR is number 1 with the WBO, and Top Rank will probably see this has another easy way to win a world title.

What happens to Lomo if he loses another title shot though?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 20 Mar 2014, 9:17 pm

hampo171 wrote:If they don't then they're going to have to get them a title shot another way, unlikely Golden Boy will want to walk away as Russell JR is number 1 with the WBO, and Top Rank will probably see this has another easy way to win a world title.

What happens to Lomo if he loses another title shot though?

Don't think its a problem.

He has only had 2 fights and has plenty time to get another 2 3 4 title shots if he wants.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 9:40 am

Loma has only had 2 fights in his pro career and already has fought tougher oppos than anyone in GRJr's 24 fights.

GRJr looks exciting, but has an even weaker/more padded record than Wilder, expect he hasn't got the ko's. Can't see him stopping Loma so who can take it on points?

After last learning experience I think Loma, he knows he needs to up his workrate and looked like he had plenty left in the tank in the 12th last time. Plus GRJr won't adopt the same dirty rough-house tactics or cheat by coming in over-weight as he'll been keen as mustard on winning the strap.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebop Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:16 pm

I want Loma to do well, his ambition is refreshing in the days of hugely padded records I also wanted him to win against Salido

But i have a problem with this fight, he has only 2 fights, the last of which he lost, appreciate the the title is now vacant but why or how does he deserve another crack at it so soon?

Maybe I should just forget my moral objections and enjoy a good fight between 2 good fighters, but it niggles at me

Bebop

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:49 pm

Bebop wrote:I want Loma to do well, his ambition is refreshing in the days of hugely padded records I also wanted him to win against Salido

But i have a problem with this fight, he has only 2 fights, the last of which he lost, appreciate the the title is now vacant but why or how does he deserve another crack at it so soon?

Maybe I should just forget my moral objections and enjoy a good fight between 2 good fighters, but it niggles at me

If the first was justified so is the second shot, lost a split decision against a guy who came in over the weight so that has to leave him in contention still.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down