The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting, very interesting???

3 posters

Go down

Interesting, very interesting??? Empty Interesting, very interesting???

Post by Bazzer79 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:42 pm

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2011/rugby/story/142362.html?e=headline

Will be watching closely to see how he goes on Saturday if he gets on. It seems a bizarre decision? I know he's a quality player, but for the Stormers to darft in a player from the NH to play out of position in a Semi Final? Doesn't speak volumes about the depth fo the Stormers squad??

Bazzer79

Back to top Go down

Interesting, very interesting??? Empty Re: Interesting, very interesting???

Post by FerN Tue 28 Jun 2011, 7:45 pm

There was quite a few injuries. In a few games the Stormers played with their fifth choice flyhalf and he did really well considering. Brits used to play for the Stormers and was played in those positions. So they know he can, and the U21 springbok that would have been on the bench was mugged and beaten up a bit. Brits will be on the bench for the game.

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazzer79 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:11 pm

Thanks Fern!

I'm really intrigued to see if he can make the Bok Coaches situp and pay attention.

I think it's interesting that the Boks don't think he's good enough for a RWC training squad, yet the Stormers want to play him at the out of position (at least for the last 3 years) in a Super 15 Semi??

Hopefully he'll play and blinder and get some well desreved recognition!

Bazzer79

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:12 pm

Well the Stormers don't really have a choice, they don't even have there under 21 players to choose from now. I know he is good, but I seriously doubt he will impress the selectors. It is not easy switching hemispheres and have to adapt in the period of a week. I hope he plays well though, and who knows, maybe he makes the squad.

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:36 pm

Bazzer79 wrote:Thanks Fern!

I'm really intrigued to see if he can make the Bok Coaches situp and pay attention.

I think it's interesting that the Boks don't think he's good enough for a RWC training squad, yet the Stormers want to play him at the out of position (at least for the last 3 years) in a Super 15 Semi??

Hopefully he'll play and blinder and get some well desreved recognition!

Bazzer the unfortunate situation for Brits is that there are too many other hookers that carry favour in the eyes of PDV, you have John smit, Bismarck du Plessis and Chilliboy ralapele. I doubt PDV will even consider a 4th hooker even if he does have a blinder.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down