The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury Erupts At Press Conference

+14
hogey
Hammersmith harrier
Rowley
Hibbz
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
Boxtthis
Strongback
kingraf
Izzi
SweetScience
Kurt Ward
ONETWOFOREVER
hampo17
18 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury Erupts At Press Conference Empty Tyson Fury Erupts At Press Conference

Post by hampo17 Thu 20 Mar 2014, 9:04 pm

Tyson Fury erupted at today's press conference in Manchester with rival Dereck Chisora as the volatile heavyweights came face-to-face in the city where the big grudge fight will take place.

Chisora and Fury collide in a Final Eliminator for the WBO World Heavyweight title, with the Vacant British title on the line and also Chisora's European belt, at the Phones 4 U Arena on Saturday 26th July.

Both met head-to-head on Monday in London where they engaged in a war of words, but if today's events are anything to go by, the big summer showdown could be the most explosive all-British heavyweight scrap in recent years.

Londoner Chisora kept Fury waiting on the top table turning up well after the official start time and casually strolling in which, no doubt, infuriated the Manchester giant.

After the initial introduction were made by Francis Warren, followed by a few words from trainers Don Charles and Peter Fury and Fury's promoter Mick Hennessy, Fury stood up and said, "All this mumbo-jumbo, great fights and all that - basically, let me tell you straight how it is." Standing up and grabbing the microphone he continued, 'Listen, I'm Tyson Fury, I'm the best heavyweight on the planet, this idiot is getting knocked spark out and I'm sick to death of this.' Finishing off with: 'This motherf****r is going to sleep' before tipping the table over sending the title belts, table microphones, reporters' dictaphones and bottles of water flying, before storming out of the press conference.

Chisora, who to his to his credit remained calm throughout, then starting clapping Fury as he left the room.

"I'm very calm, I'm a professional, a couple of years ago I would have launched at him as well, but things are different now I'm older, more mature and wiser. Tyson is still an in experienced young puppy now that he's moved up into my company and he can't handle it," Said Chisora.

"If I've got him into this state now what state will he be in a couple of days before or on the day of the fight. He's well out of his depth going in against me, for him it's like going from a paddling pool with armbands to jumping in the sea with sharks, and I'm the biggest baddest shark in the heavyweight pool, he's going to get ripped to shreds,"

"He needs to remember that I'm the Champion coming into this fight, I hold the European title, he's the challenger. I was at my worst when we fought and he couldn't stop me. I'll be coming in bang on 17st and I'll have fitness and power. I'll destroy his body and go hunting for his head. He'd better be fit and ready for what I've coming for him,"

"Tyson needs the publicity, he has to do things and say things that get people talking about him to make him feel important, he still feels he has to prove things to people. I don't feel that need I'll let my fists do the talking and I'll destroy Fury in just the same style you see now, cool, calm and collected.

"There's a lot on the line in the fight, he took my titles and unbeaten record last time, but things are different now three years later. Manchester is going to buzzing on the night, it's going to be a great great fight and a Dereck Chisora victory."

With Tyson leaving the building, it was left to Peter to do the talking. He said, "Tyson's going to be in fantastic shape on the night. In fact he's in great shape now. Dereck's a great fighter and poses a very serious threat. It's a big fight with a chance for the winner to fight for the world title, the European and British titles are also there, but no doubt about it we want the world title fight more than anything else."

With the press conference concluded Chisora was left to complete the media interviews by himself.

The pair will now head off to their separate training camps and begin preparations for the highly anticipated summer showdown.

http://www.v2journal.com/29/post/2014/03/tyson-fury-erupts-at-press-conference.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury Erupts At Press Conference Empty Re: Tyson Fury Erupts At Press Conference

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 20 Mar 2014, 9:09 pm

That was both embarrassing and pathetic.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury Erupts At Press Conference Empty Re: Tyson Fury Erupts At Press Conference

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 20 Mar 2014, 9:12 pm

Its needed.

Who is really that interested to see a fight that has already happened and was not that good anyway.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt Ward Thu 20 Mar 2014, 9:38 pm

About as staged as the WWF.

Kurt Ward

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetScience Thu 20 Mar 2014, 9:49 pm

Pretty poor acting that from Tyson.

SweetScience

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Thu 20 Mar 2014, 10:07 pm

Embarrassment to boxing. Should be banned for life.

Part of me has just died as a fan of our great sport watching the video.

Gone are the days of proper flag burning provocation. Instead we have a perrywinkle blue dweller flipping a table over. I've seen better when in year 8 and a scrawny geek loses it and snaps a pen in half.

On just end it all almighty lord, save me from this

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 20 Mar 2014, 10:13 pm

Correction hampo... it's not the WBO World heavyweight Title, it's the WBO international heavyweight title...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 20 Mar 2014, 10:14 pm

Not my article Raf, press release from Frank thumbsup

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 20 Mar 2014, 10:16 pm

Anyway it says it's an eliminator for the WBO title, not for the WBO Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 20 Mar 2014, 10:18 pm

My apologies... Just noted its an eliminator, rather than a title fight - So hard to keep up nowadays....
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 20 Mar 2014, 11:14 pm

It must be hard for Fury to get excited about a fight with Chisora when he has already beat him. A bit of a climb down from fighting Haye for £5,000,000.

All the same the video isn't as embarrassing as Floyd cherry picking Maidana.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 21 Mar 2014, 8:26 am

That was either:

a) Scripted and badly acted.
b) Genuine, but completely underwhelming and a little embarrassing given the little 'skip' Fury had to do over the table to get out.

That said, I've actually warmed to Fury a bit recently. He seems pretty genuine, and fun loving, in his own warped way.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 8:37 am

Imagine Strongy would feel the same If Fury fought for Hearn..

Pitiful stuff..Still they have to find a way to sell this turkey..

Meaningless fight...Fury beats a useless thug..Or Chisora beats a guy we all know is crap..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Mar 2014, 9:21 am

Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 9:22 am

Erupts?

More like acts really really poorly.

Complete set up. Pity from Fury as he's normally a bit more funny with his antics, this was just transparent nonsense.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 9:47 am

Warren made a stash selling Haye v Chisora on the back of press conference disharmony..

Thought he'd try it again perhaps..

His biggest fighter is a perennial loser so anything is possible...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:56 pm

As someone with just a passing interest in boxing I find Tyson Fury very amusing. Sometimes intentional on his part other times not so much so.

I just enjoy the fact he doesn't take himself or the sport too seriously.

Could understand why a serious boxing fan would find him very irritating mind you.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Mar 2014, 5:01 pm

Hibbz wrote:As someone with just a passing interest in boxing I find Tyson Fury very amusing. Sometimes intentional on his part other times not so much so.

I just enjoy the fact he doesn't take himself or the sport too seriously.

Fair point Hibbz. I always get the impression much of this is tongue in cheek with Fury. Think, whatever else his faults, he understands selling a fight and a lot of this is done to do just that. In all fairness as well, prior to Haye pulling out, he was on the cusp of earning about £5m for a non title fight. When one considers Fury has never won a world title and is of pretty middling talent it is pretty clear he is doing something right, and I am pretty sure that payday was not as a consequence of Mick Hennessy's promotional genius.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 21 Mar 2014, 5:05 pm

I can't say I can warm to anybody who doesn't take the sport seriously, it's the antithesis of what we should look for in a boxer, the sooner he's retired the better. An embarrassment to British boxing, the Irish can have him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 21 Mar 2014, 8:01 pm

Pathetic drama queen, thankfully come July if Chisora is in shape Fury will be getting turned over himself and then he can disappear into the obscurity his talents deserve.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Sat 22 Mar 2014, 12:51 pm

Think the most embarrassing part of the whole thing was that he couldn't even muster up enough fake aggression to actually flip the table, more just pushed it forward a couple of feet.

I actually find Tyson quite entertaining most of the time but that was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen at a press conference.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 22 Mar 2014, 8:18 pm

I guess when you taking on a European standard opponent that you have already beaten it is hard to sell tickets so Fury is just trying to liven it up a bit. Unless he actually does knockout Chisora (which hopefully he will) I think the tab;e flip is about as exciting as this saga is gonna get

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelvinj3 Thu 27 Mar 2014, 5:26 pm

He likes to sing, so here's a song for him.
To the tune of "Walks Like Rihanna"
'He can't box, he can't punch, he can't dance, but he talks like he's Ali'

Kelvinj3

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 28 Mar 2014, 9:50 am

I like Tyson Fury.

Sure he's a big oaf and not the 2nd coming. Love him or hate him, he does generate a lot of interest. I think if he comes in shape he will beat Chisora handily enough.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down