The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team of the Year 2013-14

+10
NickisBHAFC
Fernando
J.Benson II
liverbnz
Dolphin Ziggler
CFCNick
sodhat
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Crimey
14 posters

Go down

Team of the Year 2013-14 Empty Team of the Year 2013-14

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Apr 2014, 1:33 am

With so little of the season left, I thought I would kick off discussions about who felt deserves to be in the team of the year. I would expect most teams to be dominated by Liverpool and Manchester City who have had the most individual stars, with probably Southampton the other team to have more than one involved.

Here's mine:

GK: David Marshall - Cardiff

I think he's been fantastic this season and without him Cardiff would have probably been relegated. Although picking a goalkeeper is difficult as those that play for the big clubs aren't tested on the regular basis that a team fighting relegation is, hence why often goalkeepers for the small clubs are picked out. Despite that, I do genuinely think Marshall deserves plaudits this year for being the best shot stopper this season. 

RB: Seamus Coleman - Everton

I think this year will be seen as the year that Coleman settled himself as the best right back in the league, Zabaleta has been consistently the best for the last couple of years and before that Sagna and Johnson battled for the title of best right back in the league but this Coleman has come of age and been a key player for Everton. I think his performances have not only matches Baines, they have exceeded them. Baines appears to get a lot of goals, but taking away set pieces, Coleman has been so dangerous going forward this year, but this hasn't effected his defensive output at all which is a sign of a top full back.

CB: Vincent Kompany - Manchester City

I think Kompany is the best defender in the league, and when he's playing Manchester City tend to do well, when he's on form, City tend to be on form. He's a rock at the back and City's defence has suffered this year because of a lack of a regular partner. Natasatic has been injured, Demechilis has been...himself and Lescott has been out of favour. Kompany has carried the defence though, with Hart even losing his place for a bit, and despite being one of City's cheapest buys in recent years, I think he will certainly go down as one of, if not their, best signings.

CB: Curtis Davies - Hull

Davies has been a rock at the back for Hull and one of the main reasons they have done surprisingly well this year, despite being one of the favourites to go down this year. Whether it's been in a back five, three or four Davies has put in performance after performance and if it wasn't for his lack of experience at international level and his age, I think there would be calls for him to get a call up.

LB: Jon Flanagan - Liverpool

Considering Flanagan is supposed to be a right back, playing on the wrong side of defence has made him as a player. I really didn't think Flanagan had it in him to even be a Premier League player but he is proving me and many others wrong by putting in top quality performances week in and week out. Attacking wise he's getting better, but his real strength is the speed and power at which he presses his opposite number, very rarely allowing them any time or space.

RM: Eden Hazard - Chelsea

His form has tailed off slightly, but Hazard has pushed Chelsea all the way towards the top of the Premier League this year. Without a top class centre forward, Hazard has scored the goals to push them on while still being an excellent creative force. He's contributed to 21 goals this year (14 goals, 7 assists) but it's not just his out-put that is impressive. His work-rate has rocketed since Mourinho returned to Chelsea and his link up play with Oscar and Willian has been mesmerising at times.

CM: Steven Gerrard - Liverpool

Pushed back into an even deeper role than he's been in for the last two years, far removed from his number 10 role the last time Liverpool challenged for the league, Gerrard has been no less important to the side. He has defied the critics who claimed he didn't have the discipline or passing ability to play a deeper, quarter-back like role by being the man to dictate the play for Liverpool's title challenge. It is no coincidence that Gerrard moving deeper has led to an improved Liverpool as they finally have a player to replace Alonso and Gerrard has been majestic. While Liverpool have had some good results when he was out injured, they look a better, more balanced side with him in it. Although most of his goals have been penalties, he has contributed 20 goals (11 goals, 9 assists) to Liverpool.

CM: Yaya Toure - Manchester City

It is no coincidence that Manchester City have looked better this year now Toure has become his battering-ram self. Adding goals and a new found sense of style to his play, Toure has made City look the best they have ever. Last year City suffered and I felt this was mainly due to an over-reliance on Toure who repeatedly failed to deliver. This year, he has delivered and City have prospered for it. He's the third top scorer in the Premier League, only being beaten by Suarez and Sturridge with 17 goals and has a further 5 assists. Credit has to go to Fernandinho who as a central midfield partner has complimented Toure fantastically.

LM: Adam Lallana - Southampton

If I had to pick out one player for the reasons for Southampton's success this year it would be Adam Lallana. While Dejan Lovren has given them defensive stability, Luke Shaw youthful passion and Jay Rodriguez goals, it is their captain who has repeatedly put in fantastic performances to push his team to the European places and himself to the World Cup squad. He's scored 9 goals, and will likely take that into double figures which is a great return for the versatile midfielder. Southampton will do well to keep hold of him this summer where a good World Cup will attract many suitors.

CF: Luis Suarez - Liverpool

There was no way the man who is leading both the goal-scoring (29) and assists (11) chart was going to be left out. After demanding to leave Liverpool, missing the start of the season due to a ban for biting and training with the youth team, Suarez has turned a corner, gained new maturity and blossomed into a world class player. He's been playing at Ronaldo or Messi levels this year and Liverpool have prospered because of it. He has scored more than any other Liverpool player in the Premier League has before and if Liverpool win the Premier League this year will go down as one of their best ever players. An immortal legend.

ST: Daniel Sturridge - Liverpool

Suarez's partner in crime, Sturridge, is perhaps unfairly left in the shadow of his world class team-mate. If his move to Liverpool was his last chance at making it at a big club, as Rodgers said when he made the move, then Sturridge has taken that chance, embraced it and doesn't look like he ever wants to let go. His scoring has been remarkable, if it wasn't for injuries he'd surely be pushing Suarez for the golden boot. Having got 20 goals in 24 appearances, one of the best scoring records in Europe. For a man so long considered selfish, 7 assists is not a bad return either.

Substitutes:

GK: Asmir Begovic - Stoke

Another really good year for the goalkeeper who I can't understand hasn't secured a deal to a big club yet. He's stalled the process of promising youngster Butland, but you can't argue with his results. Consistently excellent he has once again formed the spine of a formidable Stoke side and surely another summer of speculation will follow.

CB: Martin Skrtel - Liverpool

Very nearly sold in the summer, Skrtel managed to regain his place in the side against Manchester United because of injuries and hasn't looked back. He is now a key member of the spine of the Liverpool side, consistently putting in rock solid performances. When Skrtel is on form, the defence rarely falters. While he's had flaws this year, including pulling at corners and a couple of high profile mistakes. Skrtel's form has rocketed when it has mattered, particularly now his partnership with Agger has been reformed and he's scored some crucial goals this year to top it off.

CB: Gary Cahill - Chelsea

It could be that Cahill has finally removed himself from John Terry's shadow, often out-performing him this year and forming a key part of Chelsea's attack-proof defence. He seems to have cut out a lot of his naivety and mistakes, which combined with his ability at last ditch blocks and tackles means that he's Chelsea's key man at the back now.

CM: Aaron Ramsey - Arsenal

Had Ramsey not suffered an injury, he'd have likely been a lock for the team of the year. As it is, he only managed 18 games and Arsenal's title challenged as faltered as a result. Before his injury he was fantastic, scoring 8 and assisting a further 6, if he had stayed fit, he could be pushing Toure for the top three goal scorers and have assisted more goals than anybody. As it was, this season will be a question of 'what if?' and the ever-promising Ramsey will have to try and put a full season together of the same form next year.

CAM: David Silva - Manchester City

Like the return to form of Toure and Kompany, Silva failed to deliver this year but has put that behind him and returned to his usual world class self this year and been part of the spine of the City side. Whether on the left, right or behind the striker Silva is usually one of the best players on the pitch and if he can add more goals (only 6 this year) to his game he would challenge even the best attacking midfielders in the world.

RW: Raheem Sterling - Liverpool

Considering he wasn't even in the Liverpool side at the start of the year, Sterling has shown remarkable form this year. Only injury allowed him to break back into the team, and the early selections of Aspas and Moses instead of Sterling now look laughable. He has shown this year that his time away from the first team has made him mature and develop as a player, he's a better passer, better finisher, he makes better runs and tackles and presses better than he did before. He's shown that there is a lot more to him than there is/was to Lennon or Wright Phillips, showing his versatility by playing on the left, right, point of the diamond and even right back. 

ST: Sergio Aguero - Manchester City

Like Ramsey, this is a season of 'what if?' for Aguero. Scoring 15 goals in 17 games is fantastic, and suggests he would be pushing Suarez hard for the golden boot if he hadn't been injured, indeed his 5 assists in 17 games shows that he was matching Suarez for much of the season. But injury has ruined his season and some worry will ruin Aguero's career. Compared to the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez and Zlatan Ibrahimovic who seem impervious to injury, Aguero is becoming increasingly prone to them. Injuries that put him out for a number of games as well. Manchester City would likely be far and away title winners if it wasn't for Aguero's erratic fitness.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Team of the Year 2013-14 Empty Re: Team of the Year 2013-14

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Apr 2014, 1:38 am

So my team is made up of:

Starting XI:
Cardiff (1)
Everton (1)
Manchester City (2)
Hull (1)
Liverpool (4)
Chelsea (1)
Southampton (1)

Subs:
Stoke (1)
Liverpool (2)
Chelsea (1)
Arsenal (1)
Manchester City (2)

Any obvious players people think I have missed out on? The only players I felt had a real shout of making the subs bench who didn't were Wayne Rooney and Fernandinho. I think both have had good seasons but Rooney has suffered personally due to United's poor form and play meaning his good form seems to come in bursts, his statistics are fantastic. I think Fernandinho has been great, but it's his partnership with Toure who is already in the team that is really fantastic.

Do people think that this team shows Liverpool bias? They are top of the league and the players must be in good form to have improved so dramatically. For me Flanagan is lucky to be in the side and is only really there because of a lack of stand out full backs, Leighton Baines hasn't been quite on top form while I'm not sure Luke Shaw has been as stand-out as some believe. Gerrard wouldn't have been anywhere near the team if I had made it in December, but he's been fantastic in the latter stages of the league and I've seen quite a lot of journalists having him in their top three players of the year. Suarez and Sturridge pick themselves. Skrtel and Sterling in the subs bench may well be disputed as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 02 Apr 2014, 2:03 am

The league has been of a very low standard this year, probably the worst since it's inception. Invariably there are going to be a few surprise choices in there.

However players should be picked in their position - I'm not having hazard on the right wing in a 442.

De Gea
Zabaleta Kompany Cahill Azpilicueta
Fernandino Ramires
Sturridge Toure Hazard
Suarez

Gone for 2 halfs of the 2 best defenses in the league currently. Fernandino to sit, Ramires for the engine room. Hazard on the left, Toure in his best position (21 goals this season), Sturridge on the right (I believe he has operated for liverpool there this season from time to time, apologies if I'm wrong) and suarez up top.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:33 am

Yeah its gotta be Azpilecueta over Flanagan at LB every day of the week

I pretty much agree with Ent's side except I'd move Toure back take Ramires out and put Lallana in

Also agree with Marshall in the sticks, man has single handedly won Cardiff 4 points from us this season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:24 am

Come on guys.

Mark Noble.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:09 am

Team of Year

De Gea

Coleman (Zabaleta gone backwards this year for me)
Kompany
Cahill
Azpilicueta

Fernandinho
Toure

Sturridge
Lallana
Hazard

Suarez

Unlucky players but deserve mention
Marshall
Mertesacker & Koscielny (Great partnership)
Silva
Ramsey (Injury prevented him being in this)
Aguero
Rooney (Single handedly carried United)

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:31 am

Marshall

Coleman
Koscielny
Kompany
Azpilicueta

Matic
Yaya

Sturridge - he drifts out there enough so I'll stick him there
Lallana
Hazard

Suarez

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Apr 2014, 12:34 pm

Ent wrote:However players should be picked in their position - I'm not having hazard on the right wing in a 442.

De Gea
Zabaleta Kompany Cahill Azpilicueta
Fernandino Ramires
Sturridge Toure Hazard
Suarez

Gone for 2 halfs of the 2 best defenses in the league currently. Fernandino to sit, Ramires for the engine room. Hazard on the left, Toure in his best position (21 goals this season), Sturridge on the right (I believe he has operated for liverpool there this season from time to time, apologies if I'm wrong) and suarez up top.

You could change mine into a 4-2-3-1 easily enough, or a 4-3-3, was just easier to set out in 4-4-2 when I was picking players. 

Yours is more out of position than mine anyway, Sturridge has basically never played out wide this year, it is Suarez who is pushed out wide when Liverpool go 4-3-3, and Toure has played almost exclusively deep this year despite scoring more goals.

Most I can agree with, not sure I agree with Ramires, I've thought this has probably been his worst year in a Chelsea shirt.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 02 Apr 2014, 12:56 pm

Ramires wouldn't get in my Chelsea team of the year never mind a league wide XI.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm

I'd have refused to comment on this till the end of the year but I just had to laugh at Flanagan. How does this impartiality remain in Liverpool fans, such a modest club

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 02 Apr 2014, 1:35 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'd have refused to comment on this till the end of the year but I just had to laugh at Flanagan. How does this impartiality remain in Liverpool fans, such a modest club

He probably doesn't warrant selection in the team of the year but it certainly isnt laughable. He's played no small part in Liverpool's success this season. Chelsea's lb is probably in there and maybe Baines (but he's hardly been great) but other than that competition is not great - for either of the full back positions.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Apr 2014, 2:07 pm

I think full backs have been very weak this year, there wasn't a great deal of choice. Baines hasn't been at his best this year due to injuries, I thought Azpilicueta has been good but hasn't stood out, Clichy seems to have lost his place to Kolarov neither of whom impress me that much, Evra has been poor this year in general, Gibbs?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Apr 2014, 2:21 pm

I'd say he's been worse than a fair few. Liverpool's defence hasn't looked fantastic, and I would suggest were full backs that weak then Flanagan would be even considered for England.

As it is, Shaw, Baines and Gibbs would all expect to be above him based on their seasons work. Even with injuries, Baines stands above on his seasons work.

Azpilicueta is head and shoulders above everyone else currently.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 02 Apr 2014, 2:47 pm

I think there is a case that the back four could consist entirely of Chelsea.
Surprised no mention of Terry. Don't like the guy but he's been terrific this season.
Ramsey's form in the first six months was so good that I would put him despite him missing the next six months. Mertesacker is the only other Arsenal player worthy of a place but the defensive shockers away against the Top 3 are too costly.
Toure and Silva and Hazard also make the midfield. Could possibly swap Silva for Lallana.
SAS up front. Injuries cost Aguero his place.
Rooney has been ineffective against the better sides. Dea Gea is probably the only United player that could make the team although no goalkeeper has really stood head and shoulder above others this season.

Top 3 players of the year:
Suarez
Toure
Hazard

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Apr 2014, 2:54 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'd say he's been worse than a fair few. Liverpool's defence hasn't looked fantastic, and I would suggest were full backs that weak then Flanagan would be even considered for England.

As it is, Shaw, Baines and Gibbs would all expect to be above him based on their seasons work. Even with injuries, Baines stands above on his seasons work.

Azpilicueta is head and shoulders above everyone else currently.

Liverpool's defence looked poor when Kolo Toure and Aly Cissokho were in it. At the start of the season and since the returns of Johnson and Agger and the emergence of Flanagan the defence has looked pretty decent. 

The difference between Flanagan and those three is that all of them three have more than one good season behind them, Shaw was very good last year, Baines has been one of the best in the world for years, Gibbs has been decent for a while as well. If Flanagan can put a couple of good seasons together and keep his place then he very well might be considered for England.

I'm not sure Baines has been that great this year, Everton arguably looked a better side with Oveido in the team and Martinez has made the team less reliant on Baines. His assists and goals total are very low this year, so he's waned as an attacking threat.

Perhaps but I don't think picking Flanagan is as ludicrous as you are proposing. He's had a very good year for a young player who was out of favour, playing out of position and who myself and many thought wasn't cut out for this level. He's played against some top quality wingers this year and has almost always come out on top. No mean feat.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Apr 2014, 3:24 pm

The fact is that you wouldnt have picked him if you didnt support Liverpool. Which I think would be fair of Sterling and Skrtel too. I was laughing more at it being you than Flanagan being considered. I still dont think hes been that good though. He's been consistently middling in a season of consistently middling full backs.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 02 Apr 2014, 3:36 pm

Isn't Skrtel Liverpool's 4th top scorer this season?

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 02 Apr 2014, 3:40 pm

CFCNick wrote:Isn't Skrtel Liverpool's 4th top scorer this season?

He'd be even higher if you included own goals. Just a natural finisher, he doesn't care which end.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Apr 2014, 4:09 pm

GK: David Marshall (tough one because most keepers have had poor seasons, but he's done ok)
RB: Branislav Ivanovic
CB: Vincent Kompany (C)
CB: Martin Skrtel
LB: Luke Shaw
RM: Eden Hazard
DM: Steven Gerrard
AM: Yaya Toure
S: Luis Suarez
S: Daniel Sturddige

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 02 Apr 2014, 4:12 pm

Question CF. Why only 10 players  Whistle 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Apr 2014, 4:15 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:The fact is that you wouldnt have picked him if you didnt support Liverpool. Which I think would be fair of Sterling and Skrtel too. I was laughing more at it being you than Flanagan being considered. I still dont think hes been that good though. He's been consistently middling in a season of consistently middling full backs.

Skrtel is actually the highest rated centre back according to Who Scored. http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3853/Stages/7794/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014#

I've seen journalists pick him for their teams of the year as well.

I don't think picking Sterling is all that biased either, you'd be hard pressed to find many who don't think he's been a key part of Liverpool's title challenge and has been one of the league's best attacking players this year. 

Why not post your own team?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 02 Apr 2014, 4:33 pm

Shaw, Baines, Azpikecueta have all been deffo better than Flanagan, Gibbs potentially as well

Actually Martin Olsson has been very good and consistent for us, probably our player of the season. I'd have him equal with flanagan
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 02 Apr 2014, 4:53 pm

Fernando wrote:Question CF. Why only 10 players  Whistle 

Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 02 Apr 2014, 4:58 pm

GK: De Gea
RB: Ivanovic
CB: Kompany
CB: Skrtel
LB: Shaw
CM: Toure
CM: Gerrard
CM: Fernandinho
FW: Suarez
FW: Sturridge
FW: Hazard

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 02 Apr 2014, 5:00 pm

GK David Marshall
RB Sheamus Coleman
LB Luke Shaw (Tough to call though, no one who in particular stands out at LB this season)
CB Vincent Kompany
CB Gary Cahill (Only just beat Skirtal. Didn't use Koscielny as Arsenal have been laughable away at Chelsea, Citeh and Liverpool. But he is still up there.
RM Eden Hazzard
CM Yaya Toure
CM Steven Gerrard
LM Raheem Sterling
ST Luis Suarez
ST Danny Sturridge

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Apr 2014, 7:22 pm

De Gea

Coleman
Terry
Kompany (by mere fractions over Koscielny)
Azpi

Yaya
Gerrard

Lallana
Oscar
Hazard

Suarez

Sturridge should be in that team, and would be if formations weren't a restriction. He'd be in over Oscar if I could just place him there.

Players who deserve mentions are: Zabaleta, Joel Ward, Jedinak, Cahill, Distin, Lovren, Shaw, Sagna, Koscielny, Davies, Barry, Fernandinho, Marshall, Noble, Rodriguez, Barkley, Rooney.

Sterling, Lukaku, Ramsey, Skrtel, Cazorla, Aguero, Cabaye, Silva and Hart after his return also had good periods but not full time outstanding.

Remy, Willian, Bony, Adebayor, Adam Johnson have had spells too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Apr 2014, 7:24 pm

CF wrote:GK: David Marshall (tough one because most keepers have had poor seasons, but he's done ok)
RB: Branislav Ivanovic
CB: Vincent Kompany (C)
CB: Martin Skrtel
LB: Luke Shaw
RM: Eden Hazard
DM: Steven Gerrard
AM: Yaya Toure
LM: Adam Lallana
S: Luis Suarez
S: Daniel Sturddige

lol nando now i have 11

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:24 pm

De Gea
Coleman
Terry
Metesacker
Azpilcueta
Gerrard
Yaya
Lallana
Hazard
Sturridge
Suarez

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 03 Apr 2014, 1:58 pm

Being fair to Crimey, we watch him week in week out and he has really came on leaps and bounds this season.

I would only rate Azpilcueta, Baines and Shaw at having a better season at left back this season.

Oscar and Terry Dolph?  censored 

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 03 Apr 2014, 3:17 pm

Its pure bias though. I watch Demel week in week out and know hes had a very good season, I also know he isnt as good as Coleman, Sagna, Zabaleta. Flanagan has come on a lot. but he also hasnt outperformed that many people.

Terry, a man I hate, has had a very good season. Say what you want, in a Mourinho side Terry is the perfect defender. He's not getting exposed on the halfway line any more.

Oscar has been very good, lovely footballer.

I wouldnt pick this team till the season ends, in general. But Chelsea are only two points behind Liverpool, yet it seems to be acceptable to pick a full Liverpool team in the Liverpool kit and shrouded by a sense of injustice. The reality is that Chelsea would be top if they had won at Palace like they were expected to. Considering also that they have no striker of quality, Oscar's role is further enhanced.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 03 Apr 2014, 4:41 pm

Its peoples opinions at the end of the day. These are not facts set in stone.

Like Terry for instance, although he has been alot better under Jose, as he is in a system playing to his strenghts. I would'nt say he's in the top 2 CB's in the league this year.

Am not picking my XI yet but my CB's would be (ATM) Kompany and Lovren.

Oscar, although great on his day, does tend to get hauled off after 60-70min in a majority of his games. He's too inconsistant for me.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 03 Apr 2014, 10:51 pm

Lovren has been pretty shaky since returning from injury. His weaknesses have been exposed a little. Would've had him in myself up until the end of Jan.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 03 Apr 2014, 11:14 pm

Indeed, opinions abound. But I do think very notable bias should be called on.

I dont think Terry is one of the top 2 defenders overall by any means, but his performances have been better than many. I think Kompany gets forgiven a lot of mistakes, but id still pick him.

On a side note, and I do this myself, I have never understood why defenders can get hit with "ahhh but the system suits him and doesnt expose his weaknesses" but an attacking player is good on his own back. Attacking players get too many plaudits really.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 04 Apr 2014, 2:26 pm

I think the only reason Kompany has his mistakes overlooked is because of how bad City are when he doesn't play.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 04 Apr 2014, 7:07 pm

kompany is the best cb in the league but by his high standards he's had a pretty poor season for me, quite a few mistakes throughout. i think actually performing to there best of there ability cahill has been better

i would also have Shaw over Flanagan easily.

other than that i cant argue too much with the crimeys original lineup, think aguero may have pipped sturridge if he didnt get injured too much. when he has played he's been frightening

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 04 Apr 2014, 8:29 pm

Indeed, Aguero's a little fragile but hes so incredible. He'd be up with the best players in the world conversation if he could stay fit.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastDamnation Mon 12 May 2014, 7:41 pm

Now that the season is actually over...

Mannone

Zabaleta
Koscielny
Cahill
Azpilicueta

Toure
Ramsey

Lallana
Silva

Suarez
Aguero

LastDamnation

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 13 May 2014, 5:40 pm

LastDamnation wrote:Now that the season is actually over...

Mannone

Zabaleta
Koscielny
Cahill
Azpilicueta

Toure
Ramsey

Lallana
Silva

Suarez
Aguero

This is close to a all star PL eleven. Only changes would be Terry over Cahill, Harzard over Lallana and possibly Lloris in goal.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down