The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Apology

5 posters

Go down

An Apology Empty An Apology

Post by emack2 Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Personal/Health problems plus finding my way around Windows 8.1 means i`ve neglected this site but will be going back
to mid November read comments /articlles missed.By the way are you still interested in me doing historical posts or not.?

emack2

Back to top Go down

An Apology Empty Re: An Apology

Post by Rugby Fan Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:54 am

emack2 wrote:.By the way are you still interested in me doing historical posts or not.?
I think that's the wrong question to ask. I can see why you wouldn't want to spend time working on posts only to be greeted by a wall of silence. However, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on the forum who would say they aren't interested in the history of the game so it might not give you the answer you want.

It all depends how you present the history. If you feel there is something forum members should know, then tell us about it, and also tell us why you think we should know it. That way, you create a context for discussion.

If I hear, say, that Reginald Mullet won 12 caps for England and 4 for the Lions, then that plain statistic leaves me cold. If I'm told he won his England caps at prop and his Lions caps at scrum half, then I become more intrigued. If I also hear he became so enraged at decisions against his side during a South African tour, he decided to cuckold the referees when he met their wives later, then I feel I have a picture of the man. Tell me, as a coup de grace, that three children he fathered from these illicit unions went on to form a feared back row trio in Transvaal, then I have story I want to share with others.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Imagine that story ending with a hair cut being named in his honour,would make a great movie. Laugh 

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:46 am

emack2 wrote:Personal/Health problems plus finding my way around Windows 8.1 means i`ve neglected this site but will be going back
to mid November read comments /articlles missed.By the way are you still interested in me doing historical posts or not.?

Yes pls, Alan. I'm not sure you've missed that much since November either! Anything involving EngvsWal or European club competition can prob safely be ignored!  Whistle 

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:56 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
emack2 wrote:Personal/Health problems plus finding my way around Windows 8.1 means i`ve neglected this site but will be going back

Yes pls, Alan.  I'm not sure you've missed that much since November either!  Anything involving EngvsWal or European club competition can prob safely be ignored!  Whistle 

do not forget any thread about refs or sanctions.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down