The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership - Round 21

+24
Bathman_in_London
Rugby Fan
broadlandboy
Student-A1
HammerofThunor
nathan
B91212
Portnoy's Complaint
lostinwales
Jimpy
Bathite
Ozzy3213
yappysnap
doctor_grey
Heaf
englishborn
Moorsman
HongKongCherry
Geordie
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
beshocked
formerly known as Sam
Scrumpy
LondonTiger
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 21 Empty Aviva Premiership - Round 21

Post by LondonTiger Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:38 pm

Fri 2nd May 14

19:45 Bath Rugby  v   Northampton Saints Recreation Ground BT Sport

Sat 3rd May 14

15:00 Gloucester Rugby  v   London Irish Kingsholm
15:00 London Wasps  v   Newcastle Falcons Adams Park
15:00 Saracens  v   Worcester Warriors Allianz Park
15:15 Sale Sharks  v   Leicester Tigers AJ Bell Stadium BT Sport

Sun 4th May 14

14:00 Exeter Chiefs  v   Harlequins Sandy Park BT Sport

[/c]
Pos Team Played Won Drawn Lost For Against Tries For Tries Against Try bonus Losing bonus Points
1 Saracens 20 18 0 2 558 302 58 32 8 0 80
2 Northampton Saints 20 15 1 4 511 318 60 28 6 3 71
3 Bath Rugby 20 14 1 5 460 350 46 36 4 2 64
4 Leicester Tigers 20 13 2 5 469 381 49 34 5 3 64
5 Harlequins 20 13 0 7 388 320 38 30 3 3 58
6 Sale Sharks 20 12 0 8 390 335 41 31 3 5 56
7 London Wasps 20 8 0 12 394 421 40 40 3 9 44
8 Exeter Chiefs 20 8 0 12 374 437 35 46 2 6 40
9 Gloucester Rugby 20 7 0 13 375 481 37 53 2 7 37
10 London Irish 20 6 0 14 344 438 33 42 1 6 31
11 Newcastle Falcons 20 3 0 17 230 477 17 53 1 7 20
12 Worcester Warriors 20 1 0 19 277 510 25 54 1 7 12

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 21 Empty Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 21

Post by Scrumpy Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:47 pm

Can't see us doing Saints on a Friday to be honest, at best we might get a LBP.  Sad 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:49 pm

Bath v Northampton

Matthew Carley in only his 14th Premiership match with the whistle gets the rounds biggest fixture. We can expect a tough physical battle and this fledgling ref will be under pressure. Victory for the visitors would guarantee a home semi-final, while victory fro Bath would see them in the playoffs for the first time in quite some while.

Bath will hope to be able to bring back props James and Wilson to the side that beat Wasps. Matt Garvey left that game hopping round the pitch like a mad man and may not feature.
Northampton, who will face Bath in the Amlin final, have lost their last two away fixtures. They too rested players for their Amlin semi final and we should see Lawes, Wood, Burrell and Foden restored to the starting XV.

Saints can steam roller sides unable to face up to them physically, but in Bath they could well be meeting their physical match. Expect Wood and Lawes to put some real pressure on a shaky Bath lineout and Saints to send the powere runners like Burrell and North at the Ford channel.

unless Louw is back for Bath, then despite suffering injuries to some key players I expect Saints to be too strong.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:52 pm

Gloucester v London Irish

Technically Gloucester could still qualify for the 7th place play-off spot - but realistically this match has nothing riding on it. As such a good match for debutant referee Steve Lee to officiate.
If the weather holds fair we could have a really entertaining game on our hands.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:54 pm

Can anyone else see London Irish winning a try fest against Gloucester?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:56 pm

Wasps v Newcastle

Wasps recruitment has continued at pace since the last round of fixtures - and a victory in this match could see the new recruits in the new European cup next season as victory against a disappointing Falcons team would all but guarantee 7th spot and the play-off with a French team.

Newcastle did win on their last visit to Adams Park, but it is hard to see anything other than a 15th consecutive defeat for Dean Richards men. Perhaps their best chance is if the ref is their DoR and not his namesake.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:57 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Can anyone else see London Irish winning a try fest against Gloucester?

We could have a 41-42 scoreline on our hands. will probably be a dull slug after that prediction though.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:59 pm

Londontiger I agree that's been one problem with Ford. Bath have felt the need to protect him.

Saracens and Sale both succeeded at unsettling Ford and not allowing him any time and space. Expect Northampton to do the same.

For Bath I would say if you can stop the power runners then Northampton's options become more limited in attack. North is a powerful weapon but sometimes he is under utilised.

Watching how Leicester and Sarries took on Northampton should give you an idea of what you need to do.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:03 pm

Saracens v Worcester

Saracens will be rotating players in the last two regular rounds I suspect. Even so, they should be far too strong for Worcester who will be relegated if they are defeated.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:08 pm

Sale v Leicester

Defeat for Sale and their slim hopes of play-offs are quashed. Victory for Leicester and a semi spot is all but guaranteed.
Both sides had a week off and will come out firing for this game. Leicester fans will hope that Mulipola is fit and will expect Ayerza to put whoever Diamond selects at TH under real pressure.
Leicester should be able to put the Sale scrum under real pressure which in turn makes life much more difficult for Peel and Cipriani.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:10 pm

Exeter v Harlequins

After being thrashed last time out, Exeter have to show some character and fight back. Bath and Leicester fans will be hoping they can do that and end Quins playoff hopes. Quins fans will be hoping Evans is fit and that they can seal a convincing victory.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:15 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Exeter v Harlequins

After being thrashed last time out, Exeter have to show some character and fight back. Bath and Leicester fans will be hoping they can do that and end Quins playoff hopes. Quins fans will be hoping Evans is fit and that they can seal a convincing victory.

Sadly can't see anything but a Quins victory in this one - think the Exe lads shot their (metaphorical) bolt with the LV= final and haven't got anything left to give. Will be delighted to be proved wrong and see that Rob Baxter can get them refocused, but it just seems too unlikely  Sad 

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:20 pm

I dont know why but i actually think we'll beat Wasps.

We've been so bad, things will just click and i think we'll put in a one off performance and blow Wasps away.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:50 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Can anyone else see London Irish winning a try fest against Gloucester?

We could have a 41-42 scoreline on our hands. will probably be a dull slug after that prediction though.

I think it will be the latter. This has been a season horribilis and I simply cannot see Glaws finishing the season in any other way. I really can see Irish winning this and having just forked out £400 renewing my season ticket it does make for a rather depressing time. Next season though will be one full of hope and a top 4 finish...  Whistle 
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:55 pm

£400 to watch Glaws  Shocked 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Moorsman Wed 30 Apr 2014, 4:40 pm

Unfortunately I have to agree with you ASBO
Moorsman
Moorsman

http://www.thechiefstribe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by englishborn Wed 30 Apr 2014, 5:37 pm

My highly uniformed predictions for this weekend. If I get more than half right I will have a chocolate bar to celebrate!

Bath Rugby  v   Northampton Saints Recreation Ground 
Saints Win

Difficult one to call, I think it will be close but I think Saints are building up steam again and Bath have been a bit on auto pilot for the last few games. Having said that the big match fixture might wake them up again, but I see saints winning.

15:00 Gloucester Rugby  v   London Irish Kingsholm 
Gloucester Win

Home advantage I see being very important here, Irish have looked sharp and Gloucester are missing consistency, however being at Home I see a close home win. 

15:00 London Wasps  v   Newcastle Falcons Adams Park 
Wasps Easy Win

At home, playing well against a team that is really struggling to find any form after a decent start to the season, I can only see a big win for Wasps.

15:00 Saracens  v   Worcester Warriors Allianz Park 
Saracens Easy Win

Warriors have been noticebly improving, with some close losses and finally a win in their last few matches, amazingly are only 8 behind the falcons. However Saracens at away is going to be too much. Warriors I believe will finally be confirmed as last place and regulated this weekend, brave fight towards the end, but far too late.

15:15 Sale Sharks  v   Leicester Tigers AJ Bell Stadium 
Leicester Win

With Braid confirmed to be out for the rest of the season, I think the Tigers pack will be too much for ours and can bring quality off the bench. I see it being close but Tigers to pull away in the last 20-30 from us to win by a couple of tries. Play offs contention was a lovely surprise for us shark fans this year, but in the end it was a step too far for our resources.

14:00 Exeter Chiefs  v   Harlequins Sandy Park 
Quins Win

Quins have been looking very sharp up front and in the backs currently, they are playing the way I thought they would be this season. Chiefs I think will still have 2 weeks ago in their mind and might still be a little shocked, I know I am. Quins to win by a score.

englishborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Wed 30 Apr 2014, 11:25 pm

I'd be happy to see that

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 01 May 2014, 12:45 am

Does anyone know if Saracens are in position to set a club record for most bonus points (try bonus, win bonus, loss by less than 7 bonus) in a season?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 01 May 2014, 6:44 am

Saints
Glos
Wasps
Sarries
Sale
Quins

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 01 May 2014, 7:32 am

doctor_grey wrote:Does anyone know if Saracens are in position to set a club record for most bonus points (try bonus, win bonus, loss by less than 7 bonus) in a season?  

They should set most points, but unable to set the most BPs ever and very unlikely to set most bonus points in the last 4 years.

Last Season Leicester got 12 (7/5) so to equal this, Sarries would need to lose their last two but get TBPs as well as LBPs. IIn fact Leicester secured 12 BPs in each of the last 3 seasons).
They need TBPs in both remaining games to beat Leicester's 9 from 2011/12.

Most BPs I can find was London Irish in 2008/9, tyhe year they just lost to Leicester in the final. LI secured 7 TBPs and 9 LBPs!!!

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 01 May 2014, 8:06 am

LondonTiger wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:Does anyone know if Saracens are in position to set a club record for most bonus points (try bonus, win bonus, loss by less than 7 bonus) in a season?  

They should set most points, but unable to set the most BPs ever and very unlikely to set most bonus points in the last 4 years.

Last Season Leicester got 12 (7/5) so to equal this, Sarries would need to lose their last two but get TBPs as well as LBPs. IIn fact Leicester secured 12 BPs in each of the last 3 seasons).

Most BPs I can find was London Irish in 2008/9, tyhe year they just lost to Leicester in the final. LI secured 7 TBPs and 9 LBPs!!!

I remember it well LT. We secured at least a point in every game we played that year. The final was devastating. I wonder how different things might be now, had we have gone on to win that game.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 01 May 2014, 9:01 am

Wasn't that the year you nilled Quins on the way to the final too?

Isn't it funny how things have turned out for the two clubs after that season. Quins after one of their worst and most embarassing defeats go on to win the comp three seasons later, while Irish never manage to repeat the feat of getting to the play offs.

Just what did happen after that final that made Irish fall apart?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Thu 01 May 2014, 9:17 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

I remember it well LT.  We secured at least a point in every game we played that year.  The final was devastating.  I wonder how different things might be now, had we have gone on to win that game.

I often wonder the same thing Ozzy, but come to the same conclusion eventually: even if we had won I don't think things would be much different. Recruitment for 09/10 was more or less done and we went into that season with great belief anyway (winning away at Leinster as an example). Perhaps we would have rode the crest of that wave for a little longer, but I think the lack of funds would have eventually led to the decline that started to occur by the second half of the 09/10 season. Interested though if you have a different opinion?

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Thu 01 May 2014, 9:24 am

yappysnap wrote:Wasn't that the year you nilled Quins on the way to the final too?  

Isn't it funny how things have turned out for the two clubs after that season. Quins after one of their worst and most embarassing defeats go on to win the comp three seasons later, while Irish never manage to repeat the feat of getting to the play offs.

Sitting behind the posts at the Stoop that day - honestly one of the best experiences of my life. We felt unbeatable.

I think it is a combination of factors and Ozzy will probably be able to explain it better than me - but I think the lack of money available for recruitment meant that although we could maintain a strong 1st XV our depth was pretty shocking. We never fully resolved the fly half conundrum. For what it is worth I remain incredibly frustrated with that regime for not trusting Peter Hewat as a 10. The few games he played there in the 08/09 season remain the best all round displays from a fly half that I have seen for Irish. He said publicly that he wanted to give it a go, excelled there, and was then reverted back to 15...and even worse for a 15 whose main skills were tactical kicking, he was eventually shunted out to the wing. The above factors led to a gradual decline, but we were able to retain our top 6 place for a while, before the rot fully set in. One of the other main things was that the coaching staff seemed to lose their creative spark. In 08/09 we would have Catt packing down at Number 8 with Steffon Armitage standing at 10. Little things like this made us a very difficult team to defend against (there are numerous other examples). However after that season we stopped doing things like that and became far more predictable. Booth then fell out with Steffon who left and we have never been the same side since Crying or Very sad . For a team whose game plan was based around speed of ball it is criminal that we went two whole seasons without a recognised 7. When you factor in the loss/retirement of other huge players for us like Mapusua, Delon and the decline of Paul Hodgson and it starts to make a bit more sense. It reminds me a little of the fall of England post 03. I think finally we are seeing springs of rejuvenation but it will take a long time to be a play-off side again, largely because the rest of the league is so strong.

Apologies for the ramble.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 01 May 2014, 9:24 am

Can't see us taking Saints at home without Louw and Garvey - two huge losses from the pack. I guess a LBP would be enough to keep the gap from Quins though.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 01 May 2014, 9:24 am

ps. Come on you Exeter!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 01 May 2014, 9:27 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

I remember it well LT.  We secured at least a point in every game we played that year.  The final was devastating.  I wonder how different things might be now, had we have gone on to win that game.
Thanks.  Setting the overall record for most points in a season would really show how dominating Saracens were this year. Weird stats about both Tigers with 12 BP for three years running, eh mate?  Also that LI team with a point in every game.  

Strangely, I have that LI-Tigers final recorded on my computer.  Don't know why.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 01 May 2014, 9:45 am

Sitting through it once was enough for me.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 01 May 2014, 9:53 am

SirBurger wrote:
yappysnap wrote:Wasn't that the year you nilled Quins on the way to the final too?  

Sitting behind the posts at the Stoop that day - honestly one of the best experiences of my life. We felt unbeatable.

I think it is a combination of factors and Ozzy will probably be able to explain it better than me - but I think the lack of money available for recruitment meant that although we could maintain a strong 1st XV our depth was pretty shocking. We never fully resolved the fly half conundrum. For what it is worth I remain incredibly frustrated with that regime for not trusting Peter Hewat as a 10. The few games he played there in the 08/09 season remain the best all round displays from a fly half that I have seen for Irish. He said publicly that he wanted to give it a go, excelled there, and was then reverted back to 15...and even worse for a 15 whose main skills were tactical kicking, he was eventually shunted out to the wing. The above factors led to a gradual decline, but we were able to retain our top 6 place for a while, before the rot fully set in. One of the other main things was that the coaching staff seemed to lose their creative spark. In 08/09 we would have Catt packing down at Number 8 with Steffon Armitage standing at 10. Little things like this made us a very difficult team to defend against (there are numerous other examples). However after that season we stopped doing things like that and became far more predictable. Booth then fell out with Steffon who left and we have never been the same side since Crying or Very sad . For a team whose game plan was based around speed of ball it is criminal that we went two whole seasons without a recognised 7. When you factor in the loss/retirement of other huge players for us like Mapusua, Delon and the decline of Paul Hodgson and it starts to make a bit more sense. It reminds me a little of the fall of England post 03. I think finally we are seeing springs of rejuvenation but it will take a long time to be a play-off side again, largely because the rest of the league is so strong.

Apologies for the ramble.

Cheers for that SB, really interesting read.

It just shows what a knife edge these clubs are walking on when they're doing well. I worry about Quins recruitment too, they may go the same way (although not quite as badly) when you compare it to what Sarries, Bath, Tigers are doing in the transfer market.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 01 May 2014, 11:45 am

We are going to beat Exeter. It's gonna come down to the last match vs Bath
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 01 May 2014, 11:59 am

Scrumpy wrote:£400 to watch Glaws  Shocked 

I know! And it doesn't even come with a bottle of Babycham or Prawn vol au vent like at your lot Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 01 May 2014, 12:00 pm

Bath Rugby team to face Northampton Saints

15. Nick Abendanon
14. Anthony Watson
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Ollie Devoto
11. Matt Banahan
10. George Ford
9. Micky Young
1. Paul James
2. Rob Webber
3. David Wilson
4. Stuart Hooper (c)
5. Dave Attwood
6. Carl Fearns
7. Guy Mercer
8. Leroy Houston

Replacements

16. Ross Batty
17. Nathan Catt
18. Anthony Perenise
19. Dominic Day
20. Alafoti Fa'osiliva
21. Peter Stringer
22. Gavin Henson
23. Horacio Agulla

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 01 May 2014, 12:02 pm

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS TEAM TO PLAY BATH

15 Ben FODEN
14 Ken PISI
13 George PISI
12 Luther BURRELL
11 Jamie ELLIOTT
10 Stephen MYLER
9 Kahn FOTUALI’I
1 Alex WALLER
2 Ross MCMILLAN
3 Salesi MA’AFU
4 Samu MANOA
5 Courtney LAWES
6 Calum CLARK
7 Tom WOOD (capt)
8 Sam DICKINSON

Replacements
16 Mike HAYWOOD
17 Gareth DENMAN
18 Tom MERCEY
19 James CRAIG
20 Phil DOWSON
21 Alex DAY
22 James WILSON
23 Tom COLLINS

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 01 May 2014, 12:07 pm

I hope Saints absolutely hammer Bath.  Very Happy 

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 01 May 2014, 12:09 pm

They will Smile
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 02 May 2014, 11:21 am

LondonTiger wrote:Sale v Leicester

Defeat for Sale and their slim hopes of play-offs are quashed. Victory for Leicester and a semi spot is all but guaranteed.
Both sides had a week off and will come out firing for this game. Leicester fans will hope that Mulipola is fit and will expect Ayerza to put whoever Diamond selects at TH under real pressure.
Leicester should be able to put the Sale scrum under real pressure which in turn makes life much more difficult for Peel and Cipriani.

Just heard from a normally reliable source that Cueto may also be unavailable for Sale due to injury. it remains to be seen if this is true.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 02 May 2014, 11:48 am

I feel that Saints will definitely miss Hartley. He's their best hooker by a distance and he's their best leader too.

Frontrow battle is an area I feel that Bath should look to get the upper hand.

Bath have some decent backs on the bench who Bath should not hesitate to use if starters are struggling.

Saints will start favourites but Bath can win key match ups in my opinion:

Webber vs Mcmillan - the highly rated Webber vs the relative unknown. Both will be key figures in the set piece for their players. If Bath are going to stand any chance in this match they must compete well at the set piece.

Attwood vs Lawes - two England locks. Both are two of the most significant players for their team. Expect Lawes to try his best to give Ford a rough time.

Fearns vs Clark - two relatively young English flankers both hoping to be in the England squad for the NZ tour - this head to head could be decisive in deciding the breakdown battle. Expect Clark to also try his best to give Ford a rough time.

Ford vs Myler - both 10s had strong starts to the AP season but as we have neared the business end, things haven't quite gone to plan. Their control of the game and kicking will be instrumental in deciding this match one would expect.

Devoto vs Burrell - the youngster vs one of the standout players of England. Bath must stop one of Northampton's most potent strike runners, though his form of late since his England performances have not yet seen him back to his best.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 02 May 2014, 11:53 am

Bath are running on empty, interesting that Eastmond has been dropped after his outburst last week.

Also I think picking banners on the wing is a big mistake.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 02 May 2014, 11:57 am

Scrumpy wrote:Bath are running on empty, interesting that Eastmond has been dropped after his outburst last week.

What did Eastmond say?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 02 May 2014, 12:01 pm

Is Rokodiguini injured?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 02 May 2014, 12:05 pm

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE HARLEQUINS

15 Phil Dollman
14 Fetu’u Vainikolo
13 Ian Whitten
12 Sam Hill
11 Matt Jess
10 Gareth Steenson
9 Dave Lewis
1 Carl Rimmer
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Hoani Tui
4 Dean Mumm (capt)
5 Damian Welch
6 Dave Ewers
7 Ben White
8 Kai Horstmann

16 Jack Yeandle
17 Craig Mitchell
18 Alex Brown
19 James Phillips
20 James Scaysbrook
21 Haydn Thomas
22 Henry Slade
23 Tom James

Ben Moon and TJ injured still

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 02 May 2014, 12:10 pm

Saracens side to face Worcester;
15. Alex Goode; 14. Chris Ashton, 13. Marcelo Bosch, 12. Brad Barritt, 11. David Strettle; 10. Owen Farrell, 9. Richard Wigglesworth; 1. Mako Vunipola, 2. Schalk Brits, 3. Matt Stevens, 4. Alistair Hargreaves ©, 5. Mourtiz Botha, 6. Jackson Wray, 7. Will Fraser, 8. Billy Vunipola.
Replacements
16. Jamie George, 17. Rhys Gill, 18. James Johnston, 19. Eoin Sheriff, 20. Kelly Brown, 21. Neil de Kock, 22. Duncan Taylor, 23. Chris Wyles.

All I have to say is poor Worcester!

Mostly full strength Saracens side at home. Probably would be hoping for a few more players missing.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 02 May 2014, 12:14 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:Bath are running on empty, interesting that Eastmond has been dropped after his outburst last week.

What did Eastmond say?

He mouthed off to the ref when he was binned.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 02 May 2014, 12:19 pm

beshocked wrote:Is Rokodiguini injured?

No, isn't he playing for the Army this weekend?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 May 2014, 12:25 pm

Falcons for Wasps trip:

Newcastle Falcons:
1 Rob Vickers
2 Scott Lawson
3 Kieran Brookes
4 Scott MacLeod
5 Dom Barrow
6 Richard Mayhew
7 Will Welch (c)
8 Mark Wilson

9 Mike Blair
10 Joel Hodgson
11 Sinoti Sinoti
12 James Fitzpatrick
13 Gonzalo Tiesi
14 Noah Cato
15 Alex Tait

Replacements: 16 George McGuigan, 17 Scott Wilson, 18 Oliver Tomaszczyk, 19 Harry Spencer, 20 Andy Saull, 21 Warren Fury, 22 Rory Clegg, 23 Lee Smith

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 02 May 2014, 12:34 pm

Leicester Tigers (vs Sale Sharks, away, Saturday 3.15pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Niall Morris
13 Manusamoa Tuilagi
12 Anthony Allen
11 Vereniki Goneva
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs
3 Logovi'i Mulipola
4 Ed Slater (c)
5 Geoff Parling
6 Jamie Gibson
7 Julian Salvi
8 Jordan Crane

Replacements
16 Neil Briggs
17 Boris Stankovich
18 Fraser Balmain
19 Louis Deacon
20 Thomas Waldrom
21 David Mele
22 Toby Flood
23 Blaine Scully

Sale Sharks: 15 Tom Arscott, 14 Tom Brady, 13 Jonny Leota, 12 Sammy Tuitupou, 11 Charlie Ingall, 10 Danny Cipriani, 9 Dwayne Peel; 1 Eifion Lewis Roberts, 2 Marc Jones, 3 Vadim Cobilas, 4 Andrei Ostrikov, 5 Michael Paterson, 6 James Gaskell, 7 David Seymour (c), 8 Vilaimi Fahiki. Replacements: 16 Tommy Taylor, 17 Ross Harrison, 18 Henry Thomas, 19 Kirill Kulemin, 20 Mark Easter, 21 Will Cliff, 22 Joe Ford, 23 Mark Jennings.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 02 May 2014, 12:37 pm

Glaws:
Rob Cook; Charlie Sharples, Mike Tindall, Billy Twelvetrees (capt), Jonny May; Freddie Burns, Jimmy Cowan; Yann Thomas, Huia Edmonds, Sila Puafisi; Elliott Stooke, Will James; Sione Kalamafoni, Matt Kvesic, Ben Morgan

Replacements:
Dan George, Dan Murphy, Shaun Knight, Tom Savage, Tom Young, Dan Robson, Billy Meakes, Shane Monahan

Bidding a fond farewell in particular to Will James, but also Burns, Cowan and Edmonds.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 May 2014, 1:01 pm

Wow thats pretty much a full strength side for Saracens.

Seesm a tad unfair when they put a 2nd string side out against us (and we still couldnt beat them).

But im not complaining...probably means Worcester will be confirmed as down on Saturday,

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 02 May 2014, 1:44 pm

Much as I inherently dislike The Fezzeds' business model, they've created a fine team what with Ashton playing now like he used to with the Saints and out of Andy Farrell's claustrophobic clutches for most of the season and their adventure especially in the HC semi they should be worthy league champions imo.

If you must and have to go for a preferred playoff winner, I'd still like Saints to win it. Just for rugby's sake.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next