The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schaefer May leave Golden Boy in the Near Future over Dispute

+6
Izzi
TRUSSMAN66
kingraf
milkyboy
sparxz
catchweight
10 posters

Go down

Schaefer May leave Golden Boy in the Near Future over Dispute Empty Schaefer May leave Golden Boy in the Near Future over Dispute

Post by catchweight Wed 30 Apr 2014, 6:12 pm

There have been rumblings for a while now that all is not well behind the scenes at Golden Boy. There are rumours that Schaefer and de la Hoya can no longer work properly together with both having different visions of what the future is. Oscar de la Hoya is said to favour working with other promoters and mending fences, noteably with Bob Arum, in order to make some big fights happen down the line such as potential Mayweather/Alvarez v Pacquiao fights. Schaefer however is well known for his refusal to work with Arum and favours Golden Boy going a seperate direction. Its also rumoured that Al Haymon who has grown increasingly powerful may actually be the real muscle in Golden Boy with the keys to the contracts and may be considering jumping ship with Schaefer to form a rival company, bringing a large number of his contracted fighters with him. Schaefers vision is for one dominant promotion working within itself whereas de la Hoya wants more cross promotional events.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Schaefer May leave Golden Boy in the Near Future over Dispute Empty Re: Schaefer May leave Golden Boy in the Near Future over Dispute

Post by sparxz Wed 30 Apr 2014, 9:41 pm

I'm with de la Hoya that is all

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Schaefer May leave Golden Boy in the Near Future over Dispute Empty Re: Schaefer May leave Golden Boy in the Near Future over Dispute

Post by milkyboy Wed 30 Apr 2014, 9:47 pm

You're with de la Hoya? Is he wearing his fishnets?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 30 Apr 2014, 9:49 pm

Schaefer isn't going anywhere. Signed to 2018, he's challenging fishnets, which makes this interesting
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 30 Apr 2014, 9:49 pm

Schaefer isn't going anywhere. Signed to 2018, he's challenging fishnets, which makes this interesting
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 May 2014, 8:36 am

It's Eddie Hearn's fault...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Thu 01 May 2014, 11:55 am

Heard that it was Eddie Hearn at the wheel of the vessel down in South Korea the other week as well.

Golden Boy have become massive, Schaefer to start his own company with no stable (they won't jump ship when they earn shed loads), no TV backing... Can't see it happening. And look, all we need is Bob Arum to die then Schaefer will be fiiiiine

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 01 May 2014, 2:56 pm

I think its more likely de la Hoya caves in to Scahefers demands. I doubt de la Hoya offers a great deal more than being the "face" of the Golden Boy while he has been in and out of rehab. Schaefer and Al Haymon appear to be the real management guys.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 May 2014, 3:22 pm

Oscar is a smart guy I imagine he takes a firm interest in how Golden boy is run.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 01 May 2014, 3:36 pm

Id say Schaefer and Haymon are probably smarter when it comes to running a company.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 May 2014, 3:42 pm

But it's Oscar's company and I imagine he wants to know what is going on and has the final say..

I imagine Alan sugar is less intelligent than many in the top jobs at Amstrad..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 01 May 2014, 3:49 pm

Im sure he takes an interest, but I doubt he is the guy who is pulling the strings. Schaefer has grown powerful under Golden Boy and there are rumours he may decide to go out on his own if hes not happy with how the company is going. Mayweather for instance has said if Schaefer goes, he goes. Al Haymon is one of the most powerful guys in boxing at the moment and is also a close ally of Schaefer. Without Schaefer and Haymon then de la Hoya could be in trouble.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 01 May 2014, 7:54 pm

but if you strike him down, he will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 01 May 2014, 8:03 pm

What, you mean he'll become..... Eddie Hearn?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 01 May 2014, 8:05 pm

A true sith lord.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 01 May 2014, 8:15 pm

Hearn is angelic next to Schaefer. Schaefer is the unified, undisputed, pound for pound, multi weight champion of the world of creeps.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 01 May 2014, 8:16 pm

aw that's a bit mean

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 01 May 2014, 8:45 pm

And a bit of a sleight to uncle bob

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 01 May 2014, 8:47 pm

Schaefer puts on good cards unlike the sleazinator Hearn.

Has Eddie shown up in an episode of 'This is Essex' yet?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 02 May 2014, 12:13 am

I'm pretty sure that's not a thing, so you're setting the bar pretty high for him.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 02 May 2014, 10:32 am

catchweight wrote:Schaefers vision is for one dominant promotion working within itself whereas de la Hoya wants more cross promotional events.

“We need to sign all the talent and get all the TV dates. Then you can have your own agenda and have a schedule for the fans and the sport. You can do a monthly pay-per-view, a bi-weekly HBO fight. You can have the best fighters fight each other. When you have five or six promoters, it’s very difficult.”

Oscar De La Hoya; September 2010

So was De La Hoya telling porkies in '10 or was this just Schaefer pulling his strings even back then? Or has Oscar just changed his mind on the above and this is where the conflict with Dickie has come from?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 02 May 2014, 11:10 am

Maybe he has just realised it is unrealistic Tina and so rather than work towards what he wants, but will never realise, it is more pragmatic/sensible to work with what you have. Even at his advancing years Bob shows no signs of looking for his pipe and slippers so is perhaps better from the fans perspective that Oscar is looking to kiss and make up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 07 May 2014, 6:27 pm

I dont like Schaefers refusal to work with Arum. I think Arum is more of a scapegoat because he is a more well known bollox and older but in the past you couldnt have had two pr1cks that hated each other more than King and Arum yet they were able to get some big fights made.

I also think its possible that de la Hoya is now feeling really threatened by Schaefer and that he might be muscled out so he is trying to get closer links with Arum should Schaefer end up going out on his own. His rhetoric these days sounds very defensive about HIS company and HIS control over its future.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down