The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Junior heading to Liverpool this summer

+6
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
Rodney
Rowley
Scottrf
Pedro147
10 posters

Go down

Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Junior heading to Liverpool this summer  Empty Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Junior heading to Liverpool this summer

Post by Pedro147 Fri 2 May - 0:05

Some people may be interested in attending this....

Pound for pound king Floyd Mayweather Junior is heading to Liverpool this summer.

The world’s best boxer has signed up for a special appearance in the city on June 24 as part of a six date tour of England.

Mayweather Jnr is the undefeated American superstar who is the biggest draw in the sport and returns to the ring this weekend when he faces Marcos Maidana in front of a sell-out crowd in Las Vegas.

The 37-year-old says he will fight once more, likely to be in September, before he retires and Bolton’s Amir Khan is vying to be his final opponent.

In a major coup for Liverpool, event organiser Kenny Rainford secured Mayweather due to his extensive contacts in the United States and has been dealing with Mayweather’s father, Floyd Snr, and manager, Leonard Ellerbe.

A venue and time is still to be confirmed but Rainford is hoping to have details finalised soon for the event which is sure to attract a bumper crowd.

Tickets are certain to be in high demand for the special dinner event where Mayweather will pose for photographs and take part in a question and answer session. Rainford has also organised a one-off night of heavyweight guests next month with Joe Bugner and Earnie Shavers the star names on May 18 at the Devonshire House Hotel.

The event starts at 2pm, includes photos with the former fighters, a two course meal and a Q&A session.

And Rainford says that fight fans buying tickets for the Bugner-Shavers night will be given priority when the tickets for Mayweather’s night are released.

The US star has been a world champion at super-featherweight, lightweight, light-welterweight, welterweight and light-middleweight.

Mayweather, also known as ‘Money’, puts his WBC and WBA Super world welterweight titles on the line at the MGM Grand Hotel this weekend.

And he will be the hottest ticket in town this summer when he arrives in Liverpool for a night not to be missed.

Mayweather will add his name to an illustrious list of boxing’s greats to have visited the city including Joe Frazier, Sugar Ray Leonard and Mike Tyson.

For more information on tickets for the dinner event with Bugner and Shavers you can either the Devonshire House Hotel on 0151 264 6600 or call Kenny Rainford on 07887721306.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Junior heading to Liverpool this summer  Empty Re: Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Junior heading to Liverpool this summer

Post by Scottrf Fri 2 May - 0:07

I'd pay quite a lot to watch him fight. Listening to him talk isn't quite so appealing.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Junior heading to Liverpool this summer  Empty Re: Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Junior heading to Liverpool this summer

Post by Rowley Fri 2 May - 0:08

He is doing one in Leeds as well mate. I got the email the other day as I went on one of their previous events. Is pricey though, think to get a half decent seat you’re looking around a ton and half. Would be loath to pay that for someone I actually liked.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Fri 2 May - 0:08

Scottrf wrote:I'd pay quite a lot to watch him fight. Listening to him talk isn't quite so appealing.

I think he'd be better with the camera's off and that he doesn't feel the need to sell his fights or anything. Although he can be a doosh so who knows haha

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 2 May - 0:24

I'd rather have an evening with James Corden, I hope Manny's not in the country he may not turn up.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 2 May - 0:26

Rodney wrote:I'd rather have an evening with James Corden, I hope Manny's not in the country he may not turn up.

Cheers Rodders

Roddy would rather see Louis-Paychek than Mayweather-Maidana..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 2 May - 0:35

This is MAJOR

In 50 years time, if your still knocking about, you will be able to tell you're great grandchildren that you met and listened to the great Floyd Mayweather.

How many people here would love to say they met the atg's of the past. I know for certain that Rowley would sell his house, his car and his woman for the chance to see Charley Burley.

This is on a par with the Pope visiting the country a massive event.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 2 May - 0:36

I have no real desire in watching him Truss (in fact I'm away for the weekend so I wont be) call me ignorant to the boxing purist but I fast forwarded about 80% of the Alvarez fight, as good as he is I find his fights dull & lacking any sort of drama. This weekend wont be any different.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 2 May - 0:38

Rodney wrote:I have no real desire in watching him Truss (in fact I'm away for the weekend so I wont be) call me ignorant to the boxing purist

You're ignorant to the Boxing purist..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 2 May - 0:40

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:I have no real desire in watching him Truss (in fact I'm away for the weekend so I wont be) call me ignorant to the boxing purist

Will you be watching him live ?
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 2 May - 0:40

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:This is MAJOR

In 50 years time, if your still knocking about, you will be able to tell you're great grandchildren that you met and listened to the great Floyd Mayweather.

How many people here would love to say they met the atg's of the past. I know for certain that Rowley would sell his house, his car and his woman for the chance to see Charley Burley.

This is on a par with the Pope visiting the country a massive event.
SRL is one of my all time favourites and was 3 miles from where I live. Couldn't bring myself to go along and it was free. Meeting celebs has never really appealed.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 2 May - 0:42

Rodney wrote:I have no real desire in watching him Truss (in fact I'm away for the weekend so I wont be) call me ignorant to the boxing purist but I fast forwarded about 80% of the Alvarez fight, as good as he is I find his fights dull & lacking any sort of drama. This weekend wont be any different.

Cheers Rodders

What???

Live? how did you do that?

Strange that you fast forwarded the fight its not like there was a spectacular KO towards the end. Pretty much ended how it started

Very strange

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 2 May - 0:43

Rodney wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

No good watching him dead... thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 2 May - 0:43

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I know for certain that Rowley would sell his house, his car and his woman for the chance to see Charley Burley.

I wouldn't, obviously, but should not overlook the fact that Burley was not a bell end.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 2 May - 0:46

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Bob Monkhouse lives on

Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 2 May - 0:49

Rowley wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I know for certain that Rowley would sell his house, his car and his woman for the chance to see Charley Burley.

I wouldn't, obviously, but should not overlook the fact that Burley was not a bell end.

Why are people using Mayweather's charisma as an excuse not to see him?

Surely you don'y want some boring personality on a talking circuit. Mayweather brings excitement and a bit of bravado where ever he goes. Its the current p4p champ who may turn out to be the greatest p4per ever.

Who would you go to see? Jonny Nelson?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 2 May - 0:52

Why does it not surprise me that you find him intellectually entertaining.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 2 May - 0:52

Rodney wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Bob Monkhouse lives on

Is that a compliment ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 2 May - 0:53

I did go to see Johnny Nelson the other night funnily enough, he was brilliant, funny, articulate, self deprecating. Everything you would want from a public speaker and funnily enough everything you would not expect from Mayweather.

As a fighter Floyd is brilliant, I have paid to see him fight live, at considerable expense I should add. However can anyone honestly say they have ever seen an interview with him where you have thought he seems entertaining or insightful enough to justify spending a lot of money to hear more from him?

To be honest would rather just google how much his watch cost and save myself some money.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 2 May - 0:53

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Bob Monkhouse lives on

Is that a compliment ??

No, I attempted sarcasm

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 2 May - 1:00

Good job you didn't attempt Irony........We don't get Irony !! Cool 

Have a good weekend Mate........Nice to get away..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 2 May - 1:04

Still pretending that you're American?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 2 May - 1:04

Rowley wrote:I did go to see Johnny Nelson the other night funnily enough, he was brilliant, funny, articulate, self deprecating. Everything you would want from a public speaker and funnily enough everything you would not expect from Mayweather.

As a fighter Floyd is brilliant, I have paid to see him fight live, at considerable expense I should add. However can anyone honestly say they have ever seen an interview with him where you have thought he seems entertaining or insightful enough to justify spending a lot of money to hear more from him?

To be honest would rather just google how much his watch cost and save myself some money.

No surprise you were impressed by Johnny Nelson he is from Sheffield.

Floyds interviews are quite knowledgeable and he is more articulate then 99% of pugilists today. Granted he is not Noam Chomsky but he is still box office.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 2 May - 1:05

Scottrf wrote:Still pretending that you're American?

It's worked for 8 years.......... Wink 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 2 May - 1:34

I wonder if this is roadshow is a precursor to a fight with Khan later in the year

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 2 May - 1:39

catchweight wrote:I wonder if this is roadshow is a precursor to a fight with Khan later in the year

Hope so, we could do with a Brit in the P4P top ten.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 2 May - 1:42

Dave Coldwell tweeted, go to @kenboxfrog for details

£500 inc meal & photo
£250 inc meal
£100 no meal

So that's basically £250 for a photo with Floyd. All sorts of Alf Garnett phrases are floating into my stream of consciousness at the moment but I would never dream of repeating them.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 2 May - 1:45

Good god. I would expect tickets to his next fight for that much.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 2 May - 1:56

If someone wants to pay me £50 I can photoshop a head shot of you on to someone else body if you want

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 2 May - 2:01

Can you add in John Terry in full Chelsea kit to my one?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 2 May - 2:07

catchweight wrote:Can you add in John Terry in full Chelsea kit to my one?

Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Junior heading to Liverpool this summer  Funigw

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 2 May - 5:53

Izzi wrote:
catchweight wrote:Can you add in John Terry in full Chelsea kit to my one?

Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Junior heading to Liverpool this summer  Funigw

Dave looks in shape. Nice job of putting floyds head on Naomi campbell's body.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down