The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howard Foster doing refereeing Quigg - Munyai ??

+8
spencerclarke
Strongback
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Derbymanc
Hammersmith harrier
milkyboy
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Go down

Howard Foster doing refereeing Quigg - Munyai ?? Empty Howard Foster doing refereeing Quigg - Munyai ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 02, 2014 9:43 am

Notice this guy was slipped in to referee the latest WBA Quigg fight...

Thought it was pretty much established this guy was out of his depth at this level...

What were Munyai's handlers doing agreeing to this guy...

Poor show....all round. Obviously Hearn rates him and he has 80000 reasons to..

Munyai wants to change his handlers.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Howard Foster doing refereeing Quigg - Munyai ?? Empty Re: Howard Foster doing refereeing Quigg - Munyai ??

Post by hampo17 Fri May 02, 2014 10:02 am

Foster did nothing wrong in that Quigg fight, and while you can say he stepped in to early having rewatched the fight you can see why he stops it, better to stop it one punch early than one punch late.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Howard Foster doing refereeing Quigg - Munyai ?? Empty Re: Howard Foster doing refereeing Quigg - Munyai ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 02, 2014 10:08 am

Fairplay and applaud your spirited defence of the guy....

Sorry he's not good enough...and If I represent the non-house fighter I wouldn't want him..

Froch-Groves wasn't an isolated case..

Have you met him ?

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri May 02, 2014 10:13 am

Have I met him? What's that got to do with his performance in the Froch and Groves fight? It's also hardly a spirited defence is it picard

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 02, 2014 10:19 am

Calm down..

How does refereeing Quigg battering a pasty have any relevance...

Quigg didn't need any help..

Have you met him ?...You have haven't you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri May 02, 2014 10:28 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Calm down..

How does refereeing Quigg battering a pasty have any relevance...

Quigg didn't need any help..

Have you met him ?...You have haven't you..

If Ricky hatton reads this, his mouth will be watering

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 02, 2014 10:31 am

Simple question...If a guy is deemed not good enough for a world title fight in Groves 2...Why is he good enough for other world title fights??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri May 02, 2014 10:54 am

Steele, Cortez, Cotton, Bayliss, Smoger and every referee you can name has made awful decisions in their time but they all carried on working.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri May 02, 2014 10:57 am

Ah right Truss, so he's never to be given that opportunity again???.

Think we can all agree he made the wrong call in the first fight (think Froch agrees with that now too,) but to say he should never be allowed to referee a bout of that calibre again is wrong and pretty disrespectful to the guy.

Plus what does it matter if Hamps has met him or not?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri May 02, 2014 10:58 am

Not everyone had an issue with the Groves stoppage Truss. The WBA didn't have an issue, so Foster can ref their fights. Had Quigg been the IBF holder, he wouldn't have as Foster got removed from their books. Its not that hard to understand why he was here. Plus the BBBoC appointed him. They also agreed with the stoppage so no complaints there. Munyai and his team were in NO position to start arguing refs, judges etc. It was a last minute gig he got.

Groves can because he is part of a fight that is earning Hearn and co an absolute mint.

Simple to understand really.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 02, 2014 11:07 am

Not everyone thinks Hitler is a b*stard

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 am

By the way, I had a pint with him after the Quigg fight Truss, but as others have said your argument is flawed.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri May 02, 2014 11:30 am

He gave a kidney to a baby deer that got knocked down once. One more shot from that car is all it would have taken to really hurt it
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 02, 2014 11:38 am

Maybe I'll revisit the old threads on Groves-Froch to see how reborn and the rest have changed their tune..

Sometimes think I'm the only straight shooter on here..

Even Froch thinks the stoppage was bad...Still Foster is blossoming on Hearn bills lately...and fairplay

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri May 02, 2014 11:38 am

hampo171 wrote:By the way, I had a pint with him after the Quigg fight Truss, but as others have said your argument is flawed.

He stopped the drinkin session early after the 9th round of drinks I heard. One more pint is all it takes to give you alcohol poisoning
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri May 02, 2014 11:38 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Simple question...If a guy is deemed not good enough for a world title fight in Groves 2...Why is he good enough for other world title fights??

You're not allowed to say anything bad about Eddie or his associates..............get with the program.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 02, 2014 11:40 am

Big brother and all that...

Not as paranoid as you Strongy...Yet !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri May 02, 2014 1:01 pm

I do think ref's at times get the bad end of the stick. He stopped the fight a little early and how he stopped it wasn't the best (headlock and all.....). But this did come in the week after the Perez fight so I could understand why he had made the mistake. I'd always prefer a ref stopping a fight a little to early than a little too late. Let's be fair the man has made this fight the biggest in British history! ;-)

I do question though why we don't discuss more the refs that let fights go on too long. They are the ones that should never ref big fights again if anyone. For example the ref in the Benn v G-Man fight carried on officiating for years after. That is a bigger problem.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri May 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Munyai looked pretty weight drained in this fight. I think he had to make two or three trips to the scales balls naked to make the weight in the end. Any time Quigg landed he looked like he was going on his ass.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 02, 2014 1:04 pm

Quigg needs a test...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri May 02, 2014 1:20 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Quigg needs a test...

If he doesn't fight Kiko in the next 12 months then he is the new Cleverly for me. did a good job fighting ok calibre of opponents to get into the poisition hes in. Now its last minutes replacements and no hopers

I'd prefer to see him take on Kiko first before Framton. Would be interesting to see how he deals wth a relentless fighter who doesn't take a step back and can knock you into next year. For me that has fight of the year written on it.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri May 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Yeah he needs a good fight now although Im not sold they are targeting the top names like they say just yet. It was funny watching Gallagher sound off having a pop at Frampton and his opponents when Frampton is the guy trying to set himself up for Santa Cruz and the guy Quigg had just beaten who he made out was the second coming was a actually a weight drained guy coming in who had only just been acting as a sparring partner.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri May 02, 2014 2:00 pm

So do you and Strongy think that Howard Foster should never be allowed to referee a world title fight again?

I think everyone ripped into Foster for the stoppage last time (Inc Hampo) so not sure what the issue is with people not agreeing with you.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri May 02, 2014 2:14 pm

I did indeed Derby, the stoppage was early but you can certainly see why he stops it, they would only argue the other way though had the next punch caused serious harm.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Bull......He messed up....When Bruno rocked Tyson might as well make the case for stopping it as Bruno's next shot might have caused harm..

Come on..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri May 02, 2014 2:24 pm

I didn't say that's why he stopped it, I said had the next punch caused serious harm then you'd be moaning he stopped it to late.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri May 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Derbymanc wrote:So do you and Strongy think that Howard Foster should never be allowed to referee a world title fight again?

I think everyone ripped into Foster for the stoppage last time (Inc Hampo) so not sure what the issue is with people not agreeing with you.

I think Foster should have a good hard look at himself and try and rediscover why he got interested in boxing in the first place. He's lost his way.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri May 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Your correct Truss, he did mess up and he messed up big time as we will never have the answer of who would have won that fight, regardless of the outcome of the rematch.
Does that mean that Foster should never be entitled to Referee a world title fight again? it looks like you think it does.

Personally think this is a good chance for him to try and redeem himself without causing a major ruckus if he does mess up again (and if he does then fair play he should be nowhere near the big scene)

Strongy, whether he knows he messed up or didn't, that's up to him and the authorities to decide. Regardless of your personal feelings on the stoppage I think you know everyone deserves a chance or 2 to at least try and better themselves.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri May 02, 2014 3:07 pm

hampo171 wrote:I did indeed Derby, the stoppage was early but you can certainly see why he stops it, they would only argue the other way though had the next punch caused serious harm.

I cant see why he stopped it at all. Its one of the worst stoppage I have ever seen in the circumstances. On top of that, theres been no acknowledgement of an error. Its been defended by him and the British Boxing Board. Ridiculous. Why not admit he made a mistake? How are you expected to trust his judgement again in a big fight when he blunders horrendously and then doesnt acknowledge its an error? Liking a comment on facebook that predicted a 9th round TKO wasnt the most professional of moves either. I would have way more sympathy for the guy if he held his hands ups and said he got it wrong but hes just hid behind the British Boxing Boards amateurish denial of an error.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Have to agree with that..The board jumped in way too early over the stoppage...Then again it's a shocking board of commission that let Warren off scot free for Luxembourg..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Fri May 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
hampo171 wrote:By the way, I had a pint with him after the Quigg fight Truss, but as others have said your argument is flawed.

He stopped the drinkin session early after the 9th round of drinks I heard. One more pint is all it takes to give you alcohol poisoning

He was paying for the drinks out of a brown envelope I heard.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri May 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Howard Foster marginally messed up but he messed up for the right reasons. the perception is almost certainly wrong but he saw a young lad taking what he thought were clean shots and he stopped it.

The fact that the judges cards have been glossed over is the issue for me. Those judges shouldn't be allowed near a fight again. Foster did them more of a favour than he ever did Froch.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri May 02, 2014 3:31 pm

catchweight wrote:Liking a comment on facebook that predicted a 9th round TKO wasnt the most professional of moves either.
Surprised he needs to continue to ref with the killing he must have made on that.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 02, 2014 3:33 pm

I know...shocking...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri May 02, 2014 5:03 pm

I'm not going to say anyone should not ref again after a mistake. But if he was consistent he'd have stopped jelly legs froch in the first. It was an awful decision and it's quite right that he's been taken to task on it by everyone except those with a vested interest not to.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down