The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vince Russo chooses his first inductee into the Vince Russo HoF!!

5 posters

Go down

Vince Russo chooses his first inductee into the Vince Russo HoF!! Empty Vince Russo chooses his first inductee into the Vince Russo HoF!!

Post by Adam D Wed 07 May 2014, 10:33 pm

Vince Russon recently launched his own site (its good by the way! And to no great surprise to Crips, I actually agree with most of what he says!) Anyway, this is his first wrestling blog:

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/1st-inductee-vince-russo-pyro-and-ballyhoo-arcade-of-achievement/

Beginning on Monday, May 19th, following “Monday Night Raw”, all wrestling related material on this site written by Vince Russo, will be available by subscription only.

Let me start by saying that I have NO PROBLEM with the “WWE Hall of Fame”, or the “TNA Hall of Fame” for that matter. The truth is—I’m a big fan of both.

Anybody close to the game knows how grueling life as a sports-entertainer can be. The day in, day out schedule is one that no “typical” human being could ever endure. It’s hard, it’s grueling, and it takes its toll. Many in the business have paid a hefty price both physically and mentally in dedicating their lives to the business which they love—even if 99.9% of them would proudly tell you that they’d do it all over again—AND, MEAN IT!!!

That’s why I love the thought of them being rewarded on a grand stage when their journey is complete (or, not yet complete in some cases). It’s a tribute, and an honor, that if you ask me—ALL OF THEM should experience. However, it’s understandable that it’s not “realistic” to put everybody in the “Hall” who’s ever stepped into the squared circle. God no—then you’d have to induct me, Johnny Fairplay and “Golga”.  I’m actually “OK” with who’s in the WWE “Hall”. OK, there are some question marks—-DREW CAREY—but, in the end—WHO REALLY CARES?!!!

HERE COMES THE RANT!!!

Bob_UeckerI’ll tell you who cares—-THE FANS CARE!!! Yes, you can have your Bob Uecker’s, your Mr. T’s and even your DONALD TRUMP’S—all cool with that—BUT—YOU CAN”T OMIT OBVIOUS CHOICES DUE TO REASONS THAT WE CAN ONLY “SPECULATE” ON.

OK, let me first give props—I bow down to Triple H, for his reported efforts in getting both Bruno Sammartino and the Ultimate Warrior to accept their places in the “Hall”. I think this is almost UNHUMANELY kind when it comes to Hunter. Let’s face it—there might not even be a WWE today if there wasn’t a Bruno Sammartino, and the Warrior? Having worked with him—there wasn’t a bigger star in the history of the business—whether people on the inside “understood” him—or not. In both cases, Hunter didn’t have to go out on the limb, and you can probably bet that he had to hear years of built-up frustration on his end of the phone, but—Hunter is a pro, and Hunter DID WHAT WAS RIGHT FOR THE FANS.

If you look at both the Bruno case and the Warrior case, one would have to think that now the “curtain of forgiveness” has been forever lifted—right?

WRONG.

That’s why with this column, I am personally inducting the very first inductee in the Vince Russo, Pyro and Ballyhoo “ARCADE of ACHIEVEMENT” (same thing as “Hall of Fame”, just didn’t want to rip anybody off)!!!

All right—I’m going to call it like I see it.

THE FEMALES.

tumblr_mgnkq48trT1rxqftbo5_1280NO DOUBT that Moolah and Mae Young should have been inducted first—no brainer. Moolah was a pioneer in putting woman’s wrestling on the map, on a man’s playground that was no doubt even more “chauvinistic” back then—than it   is today. Her partner in crime, Mae Young, also followed in suit, doing what she loved best, almost to the day she died. (And, just for the record—I WAS NOT EMPLOYED AT THE TIME BY THE WWE WHEN AN ARM WAS REMOVED FROM MAE’S MOST PRIVATE PLACE!!! Just had to clear that up).

Wendi Richter—she made female wrestling “cool” again in the 80’s, paved the way for many more to follow; Medusa Micelli, Sherri Martell to name just a couple. Wendi also played a HUGE role in helping the “Federation” get over with the newly born MTV Generation, helping bring sports-entertainment to new heights at the time.  No problem with her induction.

“Sensational” Sherri—GREAT human being, a sheer pleasure to work with!!! A phenomenal wrestler, and maybe even better valet. YEARS ahead of her time—tragic, early loss.

Trish Stratus—-never worked with her—but, no issue. Lita—see Trish. Sunny? I’ve already said I have no qualms with anybody getting it.

So to date, SEVEN females in the WWE “Hall of Fame”, all deserving in their own right, with all having a major significance in the history of the WWE.

Which leads me to my FIRST induction in the Vince Russo, Pyro and Ballyhoo “ARCADE OF ACHIEVEMENT”!!!

CHYNA

7Are you freaking kidding me? Out of respect to the Fabulous Moolah, and Mae Young, who should have been inducted in the top two female spots; and Wendi Richter and the late, great Sherri Martell, who continued the tradition, if the “Hall” took IMPACT into consideration at all—-CHYNA WAS NEXT!!! Now, let me make this clear, I have ZERO ISSUES with any of the other women inducted, but for Joanie Lauer not to be in at this point? Yes—there is more here than meets the eye.

I was there when Chyna

hit the scene in the mid-to late 90’s. I saw it happen FIRST HAND. She changed the game when it came to female wrestling. For the first time in history, there was a physical, powerful, tall, proud and attractive woman who not only was in a league of her own—but, could probably even beat half of the male roster at the time!!! I KNOW she could have beaten “Gillberg”, and probably even given the “Brawler” a run for his money!!! But, all kidding aside, the Federation had NEVER seen a female like this before—and hasn’t since. And, when it came to popularity, Chyna was right up there with the main draws—DX. Austin, Rock, Mick—she WAS in their league, AND, you could put her in a scenario with any of them, and her blinding light would EXPLODE never fading for even a second in their existence.

There is no telling where Chyna could have gone, or women’s wrestling for that matter, had she stayed in the WWE. As far as I was concerned—she barely scratched the surface of her potential. When DX labeled her the “9th Wonder of the World”, they were spot on! The woman had NO limitations—ZERO. If she were truly “allowed” to fly—she could have possibly reach heights that no female—OR MALE—ever had before her. She was just that good!

chyna_07But, then came the infamous love triangle. Now, even though I wasn’t around for that soap opera, and it was none of my business, on this occasion professional and personal clashed—with professional doing the job at the end. Chyna was relieved of her duties, and wished good luck in her future endeavors from the WWE. From there, Chyna has had a tough life—who wouldn’t having endured what she most probably endured. One day you’re the biggest female star in the history of the business—the next day you can’t even get a text answered. Been there—done that—and IT SUCKS.

So the question is: Is Joanie being ‘blackballed” from the “Hall”. The answer: WHO KNOWS!!! But—what are we to think? Were Sunny, Trish Status and Lita BIGGER stars than Chyna? And, even if they did deserve to go into the “Hall”—did they deserve to go in BEFORE CHYNA?!!!

Come on, guys, she’s in our “Arcade”, now put her in your “Hall”. Hunter, you called Bruno, you called Warrior—and there’s no question in my mind that you felt great about doing both—now there’s one more call you need to make.

Give Joanie a jingle.

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/1st-inductee-vince-russo-pyro-and-ballyhoo-arcade-of-achievement/

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Vince Russo chooses his first inductee into the Vince Russo HoF!! Empty Re: Vince Russo chooses his first inductee into the Vince Russo HoF!!

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 07 May 2014, 10:45 pm

That was mental

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Vince Russo chooses his first inductee into the Vince Russo HoF!! Empty Re: Vince Russo chooses his first inductee into the Vince Russo HoF!!

Post by crippledtart Wed 07 May 2014, 11:24 pm

Vince Russo is so stupid.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 22 Jul 2014, 3:45 pm

In a round about, long a$$ way Russo is right, Chyna should be in the Hall of Fame

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 28 Jul 2014, 9:52 am

also, lets thank Mr Russo for working with TNA and ( if rumor mill is true he is the cause) killing their tv deal by just being there!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down