The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vincent Costello vs "The Viper" Liam Wood

3 posters

Go down

Vincent Costello vs "The Viper" Liam Wood Empty Vincent Costello vs "The Viper" Liam Wood

Post by JJJohnson Thu 15 May - 12:12

Official theme song: "Survival" by Eminem

Tale of the Tape:

Height: 6ft – 6’2
Weight: 225lbs – 235lbs
Hometown: Hell’s Kitchen, New York – Hereford, UK
Accomplishments: Former EWF and UK Champion – Former EWF Champion/Only TV Champion
Finisher: “Omerta” – “World Eater”

Key factors:

*Wood never defeated Costello in 1-1 competition (Costello 3-0)
*Costello injured Wood’s best friend Thunder
*Wood on a path of retribution
*No PPV victories for Wood since joining 6CW

Previous Meetings:
Costello W vs Wood (Iron Man Tournament: Feb 2013)
Costello W vs Wood (EWF Conflict: May 2013)
Costello W vs Wood (6CW Anarchy: October 2013)

6CW PPV Record:

Liam Wood:
Enforcer/Vincent Costello-L (Wood lost EWF World Championship)
Thunder-L
Thunder- No contest

Vincent Costello:
Enforcer/Liam Wood-L
Chaos/Jonathan Daniels-W
Jack Hurst-W
Tyler Roth-W

Night of Glory Record:
*Both making their debuts

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Vincent Costello vs "The Viper" Liam Wood Empty Re: Vincent Costello vs "The Viper" Liam Wood

Post by MtotheC Mon 2 Jun - 11:02

The scene opens in a brightly lit room; the 6CW logo is visible on the wall as ringside broadcaster Henry Lloyd addresses the camera…

HE: Welcome one and all, I’m the voice of 6CW Henry Lloyd and this evening I bring to you a special one off interview with the man whose name is on the lips of everyone in the industry, the one, the only…Vincent Costello!

As the camera pans out it reveals Vincent Costello suited and booted sitting opposite Henry Lloyd

Good evening Vincent and welcome, I must say it really is a pleasure to be in your company tonight and to be able to enlighten the unwashed masses out there on who Vincent Costello really is.

Costello: Thank you, it’s great to be here and likewise it’s good to know that there is a voice of reason out there, saying it exactly how they see it, appose to the ego driven, self-promotion that gets shoved down our throats during the rest of a 6CW broadcast. I don’t normally give out praise Henry but I must say you are a visionary.

HE: Well Vincent that really is high praise indeed coming from you, when I look down the roster that 6CW has to offer Costello’s Law really is a shining beacon of hope not only for this company but for this business.

Costello: And that’s it right there Henry, you hit the nail on head… hope, that’s what Costello’s Law is all about, hope that through the mire there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that liberty is real.

You see to the uneducated and unenlightened, Costello’s Law could be perceived as evil, malicious even, but people like you and I that have our eyes firmly open to the world around us, we can see the truth, we can see that this place is infested with ego, with self-indulgence, but more than anything else… mediocrity. And I for one am sick of it, I for one have taken a stand and I won’t tolerate these mediocre self-promoting scum bags for one second longer. I want Liberty for this place and Costello’s Law will answer the injustice that its see’s with its own unique brand of justice.

Henry: Is that why you have singled out Liam Wood?

Costello: Liam Wood is the poster boy of mediocrity, he is the symbol of what’s broken with 6CW, putting himself up on a pedestal, well it’s a long way down for him Henry and I’ll enjoy every second of his fall.

He: Wood has been very vocal in his opinions of you and has vowed to end Costello’s Law, what do you say to these outlandish claims?

Costello: Opinions mean absolutely nothing to me, especially those of a jumped up, self-absorbed pr$ck like Liam Wood, he can fire off as may claims as he wants, he can try and make everyone believe he is the bigger man, that he is the best, bulletproof in fact. Well Costello’s law is more than just flesh and blood, beneath this exterior there is an idea, a belief that what’s right and just will prevail and ideas my friend are…Bulletproof!

HE: With Night of Glory just days away now, some may argue that this is the biggest night of your career would you agree?

Costello: I would Henry yes, Winning the EWF world heavyweight championship was certainly a milestone in my career that is hard to top, but Night of Glory means everything to me, everything that’s gone before this pales in significance, because at the biggest night in this companies history I will make my mark, I will smash the God damn glass ceiling in this place that is designed to keep people like me down into a thousand pieces.

HE: Vincent, there is so much bad blood between you and Liam Wood, the atmosphere when you are in the same room could be cut with a knife, from the word go in EWF you two have gravitated towards each other, is Night of Glory the culmination of a feud 18 months in the making or just the beginning?

Costello: I’ll be blunt Henry, I don’t plan on spending one moment extra dealing with Liam Wood than I have to, at Night Glory it will end, I have bigger and better fish fry.

Henry: You talk about Wood with such distain, what is it about him that really gets under your skin?

Costello: It’s the perception that he’s the best, or should I say ‘his’ perception that he’s the best… when his record speaks for itself, how many PPV matches has he won? Who has he ever beaten of any note? Nothing and Nobody. A pathetic TV title run which was tossed in the trash, an invalidated, undeserved world title win that he only got because I was injured. So I ask you Henry, where does all these illusions of grandeur and self-importance come from, just how did ‘The Viper’ get up on that pedestal when the sum total of his accomplishment are a big fat zilch?! Someone needs to fly the flag for justice, someone needs to ensure that this egomaniac is brought down to earth and I’m more than happy to step up and serve Liam Wood with a cold unforgiving dose of reality.

HE: You mentioned earlier on that you have bigger fish to fry, I’m curious please do tell?

Costello: I’m talking about the World Championship Henry, Costello’s Law has proven over the last 18 months that it is an unrivalled force in professional wrestling, absolutely everybody that has been put in my way by either Magnusson or The Authority I have overcome and after I beat Liam Wood there will be nothing else left for me to prove, nothing else left to say other than I deserve without a shadow of a doubt to be the number one contender to the 6CW world title.

HE: Vincent, for not one second do I doubt your ability to get the job done at Night of Glory, but say the unthinkable happens and Liam Wood picks up the win, what will be next for Vincent Costello?

Costello: Henry you should know by now that Costello’s Law finds a way, always has, always will. I sit here liberated, a free man, free of doubt, free of uncertainty, not shrouded by the same constraints and limitations as my opponents. I make no bones about the fact that I will do whatever it takes to win, that’s not me trying to sound like the bad guy, that’s me cutting myself open and bleeding for what I believe in. I win when it matters most, that’s what I do and if that means smashing someone’s jaw into a hundred pieces with brass knuckles or throwing someone off a stage then that’s what I do. I take what I want when I want; I take everything and leave nothing.

HE: Vincent it has been a real pleasure talking to you tonight and I feel very lucky to have a ring side seat at Night of Glory to witness first hand your pending victory.

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen a feud 18 months in the making, a battle between two polar opposites will come to a head at Night of Glory… the spoils of victory await the winner and I for one give my full support and backing to this man, the future of this company, a future two time world champion, a shining beacon of hope for 6CW… Vincent Costello

Costello and Henry stand up and shake hands as the scene ends

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Vincent Costello vs "The Viper" Liam Wood Empty Re: Vincent Costello vs "The Viper" Liam Wood

Post by x12x Mon 2 Jun - 22:31

Our scene opens in the lavish London apartment of the Viper Liam Wood. The camera slowly plans along showing the familiar wrestling memorabilia that covers the walls, it focuses on various pictures of Liam during his EWF and 6CW career including pictures of him with the UK and EWF World Titles as well as pictures of him and Thunder after their epic match at EWF Scars And Stripes, the camera continues to travel and shows a picture of Wood stood outside the 6CW Copper Box Arena followed by the 6CW PPV posters. Suddenly the peace is shattered as the door flies open and an object flies across the length of the room crashing hard in to the wall causing a picture of Liam and Stone Cold Steve Austin to fall on to the floor shattering. The camera focuses on the object revealing the crowbar that Wood had assaulted his Night Of Glory opponent with earlier in the day, Wood storms in to the room with a furious look on his face, Emmy quickly follows after trying to pull Wood towards her but he pulls his arm away and begins to pace as Emmy attempts to clean up the mess caused.

Wood: I'm going to f*cking end him at Night Of Glory...

Emmy stops suddenly and looks up at her boyfriend with a worried look on her face as Wood continues to speak

Wood: He wants me angry!? He wants me to show him just how much this means to me!? He's got it...I'm going to kill him...

Emmy attempts to speak but her voice fails to come from her mouth

Wood: ...for what he did to you, he's a dead man

Wood spins around and begins to land punches against the wall causing the framed photos to shake wit every impact, Emmy gets to her feet and attempts to stop Liam but he continues to land hard shots to the same spot causing his knuckles to split leaving blood on the wall

Wood: He's dead!

Another punch to the wall

Emmy: Liam stop please, you're scaring me

Emmy: Liam...

Emmy: LIAM STOP!

Emmy attempts to grab Liam's arm but he throws her off causing her to fall back in to a chair as Wood lands one more shot to the wall

Wood: I'm going to leave him helpless and broken...he wanted this but he's going to realise that you have to be careful what you wish for!

Wood goes to throw another punch at the wall but is cut off in his tracks

Emmy: YOU'RE JUST LIKE HIM!

Wood's fist drops to his side as if it weighs a tonne and he leans his head on the wall as Emmy stands up with a furious look on her face, Emmy storms over to Wood and spins him around but Wood refuses to look her in the eye instead staring towards the ceiling

Emmy: Do you even see what you're becoming!? Right now I'm just as scared of you as I was of him earlier today...you want to end his career right!? What, like he did to Thunder!? You want to 'end him'? What like he did to Sparx!? What the hell is that going to prove!?

Wood glares at Emmy

Wood: It doesn't prove a damn thing but this isn't about proving anything anymore, unless I stop him then who the hell will!? Who's going to stop him ending more careers or putting his hand on you again!? Who the hell is going to stop him burning this company down to the ground!?

Emmy: What good is getting rid of him if it means you lose who you are!? Is this really you Liam?

Wood: I don't know...

Emmy cuts Wood off

Emmy: You expect me to believe that bullsh¡t Liam!? You make a living telling each and every person in that arena just who you are and now you're going to tell me he's made you forget!?

Wood attempts to speak

Emmy: Then he's already won...

Wood attempts to walk away but Emmy chases him and pulls him back in.

Emmy: STOP F*CKING RUNNING LIAM

Wood is quickly taken back by Emmy and stands still as Emmy places her hand on his cheek, Wood closes his eyes and places his hand on Emmy's.

Emmy: You might not know who you are anymore Liam but I promise you that this isn't you, I know that for the first time ever you've began to doubt yourself and you think the only way to beat Costello is to drop to his level but it's not...at Night Of Glory you walk out there and you stand toe to toe with him and you tell him that you are Liam Wood and no matter what he does it won't change the fact that you're the best in the business...I know for the fact that if you beat him it won't mean a damn thing if he gets the last laugh, it won't mean a damn thing if you give up who you are...

Wood: and who's that Emmy?

Emmy pulls one of the photos from the wall and hands it to Wood, a smile covers his face for a second before being replaced by a sad look, the camera focuses on the picture revealing the image of Liam stood with Thunder after his title defence at Scars and Stripes, Wood stares at the photo as Emmy speaks

Emmy: THIS is Liam Wood, that night you went out there and you and Thunder put on the match of your lives, you showed the business that you were the future of this and any company out there. I have never seen you prouder and if you do the right thing, even if you lose...I'll see that smile again...I haven't seen it since you came to 6CW...

Wood kisses Emmy on the forehead and pulls her in close and the pair hug as Wood finally begins to speak

Wood: I don't know if I can stop myself, the moment I look at him I'll see every moment he's stolen from me...I'll see him screwing me over again and again and I'll see him with his hands on you, I'll see him threatening the woman I love and I'll see him taking my best friend away from the company he loved...I can't stop myself wanting to destroy him...

Emmy: I'm not saying you have to stop yourself, I just want to you use your head...you get so angry and you let yourself get caught out...I want you to show the world that you're in control of your future...I want you to show the rest of this company that Vincent Costello is nothing but a little bully who's games are just that...games! I can guarantee you though, the moment you lose it and let him in your head, there will be nothing you can do...

Wood: I need to go...

Wood walks out of the home leaving Emmy stood alone as the scene fades to black

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 3 Jun - 7:24

Build up part II:

Our scene opens on a cold, wet Herefordshire street, the camera slowly moves behind a hooded figure who moves his way through the crowd. As the figure walks a few members of the crowd look as if they recognise the man in question. He continues to walk until he reaches a shop with a green and purple door, as he pushes his way through the camera pans up and reveals the sign “THUNDER'S PARADISE”. As the figure walks in we cut to inside a busy comic book store full of people checking out the latest comics and action figures, the figure removes his hood revealing himself to be Liam Wood, he walks along the aisles and looks at the items on sale before picking up a comic book and attempting to remove it from it's wrapping as a familiar voice can be heard.

???: Liam, if you open that comic book there are 50 people in here who will try to fight you...

Wood spins around putting the comic book back in it's place as he see's Thunder stood in the aisle next to him, Wood smiles as he goes around to join Thunder only to see the stick Thunder is using to walk with bringing a sad look to his face, Thunder signals to one of his staff members before nodding at a door as Wood and Thunder go to the back of the shop and sit in the staff area of Thunder's Paradise. As the two sit there Liam begins to speak but Thunder does not look impressed.

Wood: I can't believe how well the shop is doing Mike, I'm...

Thunder shakes his head and face palms before cutting Liam off

Thunder: What are you doing here Liam? It's nice to see you and all but in 6 days you get Costello one on one but instead of training you're here for small talk? The Liam I used to know would be at the gym 24/7 right now making sure that he was ready for the fight of his life...

Wood: I just can't do it though...I can't focus on anything but wanting to destroy Costello...

Wood stops remembering the reason Thunder had to quit before looking at Thunder's custom walking stick, Thunder looks annoyed for a second before shaking it off and speaking again

Thunder: Don't feel bad for me...you see, that's the problem, you think you're doing this for me and Emmy but you need to do this for yourself. I am big enough and ugly enough to stand up for myself and Emmy just wants what's best for you...Costello took one thing away from me but look where I am now, I'm getting things back on track and you have to as well...we both know that Vincent Costello's games only work when he's in his opponents head so you need to snap out of this before it's too late...

Wood: How though? All I can focus on is wanting to end his damn career, I honestly don't care if I win or lose...

Thunder: Well you should! If he beats you it doesn't matter how he does it but Costello will forever hold it over you and it'll motivate him to carry on what he's been doing for the past year and a half...it's up to you to show him that there's at least one person who won't back down...you just need to find his weakness...his kryptonite if you will...

Wood: Kryptonite? Doesn't that make him Superman!?

Thunder: In this example yes...

Wood: but isn't he the good guy!?

Thunder: There is nothing good about Superman, he sucks and so does Costello...what I'm saying is that you need to make him see that he has no control over you and never will...this isn't about the cheap shots or what he did to me...this is about you getting your identity back...it's about putting what 6CW, the Authority and Costello have done to you in the past and moving on...you haven't been you in such a long time

Wood looks slightly dejected as he replies

Wood: So I've heard...

Thunder: What better time to start again Liam...Night Of Glory, the biggest night of 6CW's year and a chance for you to put a stamp on the future of your career...it's time to show the world just why it was me and you stealing the show in EWF, it's a shame I can't be in that ring with you but you need to go out there and represent what we started to build!

A smile covers Wood's face as he takes a comic book from the staff room table, he flicks through it while talking to Thunder

Wood: So out of interest if Costello is Superman does that make me Batman?

Thunder shakes his head and laughs a bit before replying

Thunder: You wish! I'm obviously Batman, you can still be my Robin though...

Wood laughs as a smile covers his face and he continues listening to Thunder

Thunder: No, I think right now there is only one guy that you could be...Frank Castle...

Wood looks at Thunder with a blank look across his face, Thunder once again face palms at his friend before picking up another comic book and tossing it on to Wood's lap, Wood turns it over as the camera focuses on the cover revealing a copy of Punisher: The End

Wood: Isn't this the man who's family were killed so he murdered a load of people? I don't know if that's a great example given the fact that I would love nothing more than to end Costello's career right now...

Thunder: You're missing the point Liam...yeah The Punisher is violent and hell bent on vengeance but he uses that to make the world a better place...nobody is saying you can't be angry, nobody is saying that you can't hate Costello but you need to realise that going out there just to end his career will achieve nothing...you need to go out there and show 6CW...the Authority and Vincent Costello what it is you stand for...you can do that angry, you can do it angrier than you've ever before but you need to control it before it eats you up inside...

Wood nods and looks at the cover before speaking again

Wood: You're right...I have a question though...can you help me with something?

The scene fades to black showing Wood and Thunder still speaking...

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue 3 Jun - 14:01

’Killing in the name of’ by Rage Against The Machine blasts out of the arena PA system, drawing an instant chorus of boos from the live crowd in attendance at the Copper Box. Smoke fills the stage as Vincent Costello makes his way out from behind the curtain. He stands on the stage surveying the arena and with a look of distain he shouts COSTELLO’S LAW at the top of his voice, as he does so a crescendo of purple pyro techniques explode out from either side of the stage.

Henry: And here he is my pick to steal the show at Night of Glory, Vincent Costello. He looks focused and ready to get the job done on the grandest stage of all.

Harold: Well he’ll have to go through the enigmatic Viper, Liam Wood to do so and the way he is focused right now I fully expect the Superstar of the year to give the performance of a life time at Night of Glory.

Henry: I’m sure he will brother, but even if he does that won’t be nearly enough to defeat Costello’s Law, I was lucky enough to catch up with Costello earlier in the week and seeing the man himself up in close quarters told me everything I need to know about how Night of Glory will pan out, Costello is a one man wrecking crew and Liam Wood is nothing more than an irritant, these two aren’t even in the same league.

As the brothers continue Costello makes his way into the ring, with a microphone in hand he stands in the centre of the ring ready to address the 6CW universe, but before he does so he reaches into his jacket pocket and reveals the very same steel crow bar used to assault him by Liam Wood last week…

Costello: Last week I felt the cold hard embrace of steel, this very steel right here, and as this very crow bar connected with my skull I felt, I felt…

Costello pauses for a moment as the crowd chant WHAT, over and over again…

Harold: Maybe that shot from Liam Wood did more damage than we thought, Costello is lost for words

Henry: Give the man a second damn it

Costello: I felt… Validated. You see the whiter than white, the perfect little boy scout Liam Wood, the man who was above my level, the very same man who claimed he would never stoop down to my despicable depths, fell from grace last week.

Everything I said would happen has come to fruition and now the final piece of the puzzle is all that is left to fall into place… my impending victory at Night of Glory. Liam Wood how you can even stand the sight of your own reflection? How can you even get out of bed in morning knowing that everything you stand for was obliterated in one single swing of this steel bar? I’ve been saying for weeks now that you are the biggest hypocrite in this place, that every pathetic ego driven word that come spilling out of your smart mouth is a lie and now everyone can see you for exactly what I do, you proved me right, just like I knew you would.

You see Vincent Costello is a man on honour, of integrity I do what I say I’m going to do, I lay it down for all to see clear as day, whether the truth is pretty or not I tell it. And the truth is that Costello’s Law bleeds for what it believes in, it find a way to do whatever needs to be done and now we all know that you are exactly the same.

Costello lowers the microphone and begins to laugh

So Liam, please join us out here, please come down to this ring and tell us all how the Superstar of the Year, the former TV Champion and World Heavyweight Champion and Fan’s Champion and Peoples Champions and Thunders Champion is better than Costello’s Law, tell us all how your morals set you apart, how you would never lower yourself to my level… and then allow me to look you straight in the eye and call you… a hypocrite.

Costello folds his arms and waits for Liam Wood to appear…

Come on Liam, Night of Glory is just around the corner we haven’t got all night, are you back there? Is the Champion of Hypocrites going to grace us with his presence?

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 3 Jun - 18:33

As Costello stands in the centre of the ring arms still outstretched and the boos still reign down towards him the stage remains empty. Costello walks towards the ropes leaning on them cockily beginning to laugh, he quickly turns towards the fans and begins to mock them for believing in their 'hero' causing them to boo even louder. Suddenly the boo's are stopped dead in their tracks as The Viper Liam Wood slowly walks out on to the stage with a mic in his hand he attempts to speak but quickly lowers it again before removing his EWF hoody and placing it on the ground revealing the 6CW Night Of Glory V tshirt. Costello continues to mock him raising his hand to his ears before laughing again at his future opponent. Wood raises the microphone and finally begins to speak.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I don't think you should be booing the man in the ring right now...everything he has been saying about me is the truth and I actually have to thank him for what he's done for me these past few months...hell, since we first ever met in LA...you see he thinks that this whole time he's been ready to end my career but he may have just saved it.”

The crowd are stunned to silence in confusion and even Costello begins to look confused as Wood begins to pace the stage.

“You see the moment I joined this company my life took a nose dive...I lost my titles, I began to lose myself, I nearly lost the woman I loved and I DID lose my best friend...I honestly though that I was at rock bottom but I wasn't, I wasn't even close and it took Vinnie here to show me that...he managed to drag me down to his level and make me see what I was becoming, what losing the title really did to me and it scared me...was I really weak enough to lose my identity because of some piece of trash!? The answer was nearly yes but at Night Of Glory each and everyone of you will know the true answer...each and everyone of you...including you Vincent will see just what I am made of...”

Vincent smirks before attempting to speak but he is quickly cut off by Wood who begins to address Costello directly

“You want to call me a hypocrite Vinnie? You want to tell this world that I am a lie and that Costello's Law only tells the truth? Well I have a truth just for you...Costello's Law? It knows nothing about me, this company or these fans...you see I still remember the day we met in LA...the day we first came face to face and I'll be honest, I knew this wouldn't be over easy...there was one thing that stuck with me that day and it's something that you promised me...it's something that you were so certain of but it wasn't true...was it Vinnie!?”

Costello stretches his arms out and demands Wood to reveal the 'promise'

“Vinnie, a year and a half ago you told me just how my future would go...you told me I was a side show clown and that these people cheering my name were just parasites sucking the life out of me, you told me that once I had nothing to offer they would move on and that after you had beaten me they would never chant my name again...well they were with me when I was on top and they're still here now”

A massive “VIPER” chant begins as Wood pauses soaking in the attention from the packed arena, he stretches his arms out with a smile across his face before speaking again

“You've beaten me every single time we've faced off but they still chant, they still will me on and they are still the motivation I have going in to our match...there was a point where I wanted to end your career...I allowed myself to change because I thought it was what I had to do to beat you, I though it was what I needed to carry on with my life...I thought it was what Thunder needed to get over what you did but it isn't...I'm not doing this for Thunder anymore, I'm not doing this for Emmy or myself anymore...if I'm going to get my redemption...then I'm going to get it for THEM! They stood by me when I lost everything so I have to repay them for that...Costello's Law didn't see that coming did it?”

“So call me a hypocrite, call me what ever you want...the days of your opinion mattering are over...you could beat me a thousand times more and it wouldn't mean a damn thing because everyone would see through your cheap shots...do whatever it takes to get the win...but know this...you cannot kill what we have!”

Wood pauses his eyes still locked on Costello

“You say that June 9th...Night Of Glory is the death of my legacy!?”

“I say it's the rebirth”

Wood lowers the mic and continues to stare at his future oponent

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 6 Jun - 14:55

Costello: Wah wah wah, poor Liam Wood, what a joke! You say these people supported you through your tough times, willed you on to overcome a hard period in your life, well please tell me Liam, what exactly are these hard times you’ve been through?

You fell out with your BFF, got dumped by your b?tch girlfriend and lost a few matches, oh how did you ever survive? What would you know of hard times hey? Just look at you, silver spoon momma’s boy, breast fed till you were ten, who thinks that by covering every inch of himself in ridiculous tattoo’s he is somehow rebelling against his father, who told him no too many times when he was a kid.

Costello’s Law is the most dominant force in 6CW not because these fans cheer for it or because I’ve won more matches than I’ve lost, it’s because I’m battle hardened, tried, tested and measured in some of the most physically, emotional and mentally challenging environments on this damn planet. When I was growing up in the greatest city on earth…New York City and street thugs used to beat me black and blue I stepped in bigger more dangerous pieces of dog cr$p than you, when I was locked up for 22 hours a day, I had to walk with my back against a wall just in case someone shoved a shank in my back. But despite all of that here I stand, a God damn millionaire, wrestling all over the world, paid handsomely to kick ass, now that’s triumph through adversity.

Well you know what ‘Viper’ you can cover yourself in Ink, you can pretend that you are the victim who has struggled through hardship, play that victim role if you want so that these people cheer your name because I don’t want these fans to will me on, I do what I do in spite of them. I couldn’t give a damn; every single one of them from that slack jawed hick in the front row to the fat girl eating nachos in the back… each of them makes me feel sick.

But regardless of anything else, despite all the noise that surrounds us, on Monday it comes down to just you and me and let me tell you what will be the difference, why you can’t beat me! It’s because I’m a fighter and you’re a wrestler, I’m a fighter, a brawler, I’m the street thug now and at Night of Glory we won’t be having a wrestling match, we’ll be having a fight. And all those fancy moves of yours that the crowd love so much won’t mean a God damn thing, all that support they give you, all the will in the world means nothing when you face Vincent Costello in a fight.

I couldn’t give a damn about your career, if it ends by my hands or not at Night Glory, but I do care about one thing and I promise you this Liam…

Costello’s Law says that at Night of Glory there will be no redemption for you… Now hit my damn music!

Costello climbs the turnbuckle to gesture at Liam Wood down on the stage…

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 6 Jun - 16:00

Killing In The Name Of begins to play but Wood simply smiles and shakes his head

“Cut off his damn music...”

The music stops as Wood smugly smiles at Costello who scowls, Wood laughs to himself before speaking

"Did you really think that playing your little theme tune is going to shut me up Vinnie!? Maybe you don't know me as well as you'd like to claim...maybe your little shrink act isn't fooling us as much as you'd hope because despite how well you think you know me you don't know a damn thing about my life...you might want to tell anyone who will listen about how you went to prison or how you didn't like your neighbourhood but I have no intention of airing my laundry...when I talk it's about this business because I'm not using this to finally find someone who will truly listen to me...but there it is once again Vinnie...Costello's Law showing just what a contradiction it actually is, you tell each and every person just how much you could care less about this business, about these fans or about my career but everywhere I look you take every opportunity to get our attention like a spoilt little child...you take every step you can to make sure you get that validation...you see once again you're being the thing that you accused me of...a hypocrite. In the same breath you berate me for talking about overcoming the odds just to step on that little soap box and tell us all just how hard you've had it...you claim I play the victim then tell us all about how you grew up getting your ass handed too you...well Vinnie, you have to pick a side...are you the most dominating man in this business or are you the prison bitch who just won't fill Daddies shoes?”

Wood begins to pace the stage keeping his eyes on Costello at all times

“But who am I to question Costello's Law? It obviously has bigger and better things to worry about than a nobody like Liam Wood hasn't it? That's the thing that confuses me though, you've got the money, you've got the win loss record and for some reason you've got the backroom shaking in their boots...you couldn't care less about these fans and as you've said time and time again I'm clearly not on your level but for some reason right now beating me and ending my career is more important than chasing the world title...so what is it Vinnie? Am I a nobody or am I living rent free in your head? You see for someone who doesn't give a damn you seem to need to beat me this time like it's more important than ever before, like you see me as a weakened animal ready to put out of it's misery...”

“...Well Vinnie, I'd like to see you try...”

Wood stands at the top of the aisle eyes still focused on Costello with a confident look upon his face. Wood smiles again before continuing to speak

“You mention that there is a difference between us and I'm glad that you can see it, I'm glad that when you look at me you realise that I am nowhere near reaching your level ever again...I may have lost it before but I had people to drag me back and on Monday when we step inside the ring you will meet a version of me that you have never met before and you'll regret the day that you woke him up...”

"...I have never been more focused on a match than I have for Night Of Glory and I can admit that it means more than anything I have done before...more than the titles...more than the accolades and more than the legacy or any law because you see this business means more to me than anything and THAT is the difference and the thing that has sealed your damn fate...”

“...you say you don't care then you have nothing to fight for, you think that your pride or your ego is going to stand a chance against a man who's entire life is on the line because I promise this, if you show anything less than 100% commitment...I'll destroy you.”

Wood stops taking and the crowd erupts clearly excited for the match between Wood and Costello at Night Of Glory, Wood lifts the microphone up one last time and signs off.

"...NOW you can play his damn music!"

Wood drops the microphone and walks away through the curtains as Costello's theme tune begins to play.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down