The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*****Marc Marquez wins 2014 MOTOGP World championship*****

+3
CaledonianCraig
The Special Juan
Gerry SA
7 posters

Go down

*****Marc Marquez wins 2014 MOTOGP World championship***** Empty *****Marc Marquez wins 2014 MOTOGP World championship*****

Post by Gerry SA Sun 18 May 2014, 4:59 pm

Spanish superstar continues his one man assault on the 2014 MotoGP title.

The kid's unreal. 5 wins all from pole in 2014.

Shelling records like it's a new fashion.

Question: can Marquez win all 18 races in 2014?

He seems to have mentally destroyed Lorenzo, who's gonna totally off the boil...

The Doctor and Pedrosa desperately trying to hold on to Marquez's coat tails, but it seems a job too far ATM.

Last edited by Gerry SA on Sun 12 Oct 2014, 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

*****Marc Marquez wins 2014 MOTOGP World championship***** Empty Re: *****Marc Marquez wins 2014 MOTOGP World championship*****

Post by The Special Juan Sun 18 May 2014, 10:31 pm

Being on the best bike by far helps but I'm not going to take anything away from him - purely and simply he's bloody good. Right now I can't see him losing unless he falls off.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

*****Marc Marquez wins 2014 MOTOGP World championship***** Empty Re: *****Marc Marquez wins 2014 MOTOGP World championship*****

Post by Guest Mon 19 May 2014, 10:12 am

Domination, never good for the sport but the kid is a superstar, regardless of the bike's ability. Doubt he will win every race though, too many variables to deny him like rain, rider error or mechanical issues. BT Sport took over at the wrong time, seasons pretty much over  Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 19 May 2014, 5:42 pm

Equals Mike Hailwood's record of five race wins on the bounce - but Hailwood still failed to take the title. Somehow I don't think the same will apply here to Marquez.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 01 Jun 2014, 1:48 pm

Best race of the season.

Marquez beats Lorenzo in a thriller at Mugello! The Doctor third.

Marquez 6th win all from pole.

Marquez might just be the best ever when it's all said and done.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:34 am

Yes Gerry,just watched the race of the season so far.I thought Lorenzo might just be able to keep the lead but it wasn't to be.I don't know what happened to Pedrosa at the start but he did well to get back to fourth though he was never going to catch Rossi who finished in a lonely third spot and has taken a slender lead in the table. Lorenzo is back on form and maybe we will see more races like this weekend's.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 03 Jun 2014, 7:59 am

rapidringsroad wrote:Yes Gerry,just watched the race of the season so far.I thought Lorenzo might just be able to keep the lead but it wasn't to be.I don't know what happened to Pedrosa at the start but he did well to get back to fourth though he was never going to catch Rossi who finished in a lonely third spot and has taken a slender lead in the table. Lorenzo is back on form and maybe we will see more races like this weekend's.
I think that Rossi had the pace to win the race, but his terrible qualifying effort handicapper him.

Rossi used up his tyres getting up to P3 and had nothing left to attack at the end.

Lorenzo's return to form is long overdue. Perhaps these rumoured contracts from Ducati and Suzuki have made him up his game.

Marquez is a freak.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Tue 03 Jun 2014, 10:17 pm

Juan, you say that Marquez is on the best bike,but I think both Honda and Yamaha are pretty equal and the Ducati isn't far behind.In all eras of Bike racing there has always been one who stands out.Mike Hailwood had some outstanding wins and he didn't always have the best bike.I went to Aintree in 1961 and watched Mike win every race he entered 250,350, and 500.That year he competed at 32 circuits,todays riders have it easy compared with those times.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 03 Jun 2014, 11:28 pm

I think Marquez is something special, Dani Pedrosa has always been more then a match for Rossi & Lorenzo but Marquez is blowing the lot into his dust currently.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 14 Jun 2014, 4:36 pm

Stop the press!

Marc Marques isn't on pole for the Grand Prix of Spain.

Dani Pedrosa on pole after late session crash for Marquez, but he will start P3

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 15 Jun 2014, 2:05 pm

Well Gerry your man has won again - Marquez wins his seventh and THE seventh race of the season.  Shocked 

I wonder what odds were being offered (probably none) of a rider winning every race of the season? 
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 16 Jun 2014, 9:31 pm

Sorry Craig didn't see your post.

Following on from Mugello, Barcelona turned out to be another thriller.

Marquez is a freak, but it's good to see Rossi and Pedrosa pushing him.

I think if Yamaha had better tyre wear that a Rossi would've won this race.

Lorenzo gave up after being unable to hang with the top 3, which is pretty disappointing.

I don't think Marquez can all 18 races, it's just a matter of time until Rossi or Pedrosa stop Marquez's domination.

Roll on Assen!

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Tue 17 Jun 2014, 4:32 am

Good to see Pedrosa putting a bit of pressure on his teammate, pity his mistake cost him a few points and allowed Rossi to increase his lead over Danni.All credit to Marquez though,he's a fighter and even though he can afford to give a few points away his determination to win comes through.I know the season has a good way to go but Marquez is going to take some stopping to take the title.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 17 Jun 2014, 8:57 am

rapidringsroad wrote:   Good to see Pedrosa putting a bit of pressure on his teammate, pity his mistake cost him a few points and allowed Rossi to increase his lead over Danni.All credit to Marquez though,he's a fighter and even though he can afford to give a few points away his determination to win comes through.I know the season has a good way to go but Marquez is going to take some stopping to take the title.

I cannot see anyone beating Marquez to the title now unless he is very unfortunate as in crashing and missing a few races.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:41 pm

Dutch GP this weekend, where the race is always on a Saturday.

Qualifying earlier, Aleix Espagaro bagged his maiden MotoGP pole position. Marquez P2 and Pedrosa P3.

Yamaha having yet another horror show, Lorenzo P9 and The Doctor P12.

Unless Pedrosa can make an early break for it, Marquez looks set to win 8 from 8.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 27 Jun 2014, 9:06 pm

I wonder how much the odds have tightened on Marquez winning every race of the season in the last few weeks?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 28 Jun 2014, 2:30 pm

Marquez wins the Netherlands Grand Prix and the clean sweep remains a possibility. Wow.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 28 Jun 2014, 2:47 pm

Damn I forgot it was on and missed it. He's pretty good!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 28 Jun 2014, 3:39 pm

This kid's a freak. Plain and simple. By all accounts he's not as good in that rain...well he proved all the doubters wrong yet again. Winning by 8secs is a drubbing.

Valentino Rossi was something special. As was Casey Stoner. But Marc Marquez might be unbeatable for the next decade.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:30 am

Gerry SA wrote:This kid's a freak. Plain and simple. By all accounts he's not as good in that rain...well he proved all the doubters wrong yet again. Winning by 8secs is a drubbing.

Valentino Rossi was something special. As was Casey Stoner. But Marc Marquez might be unbeatable for the next decade.

Not exactly chucking it down though was it....

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 13 Jul 2014, 1:47 pm

Marquez wins again. 9/9.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:57 am

Magical Marquez. He's just too good.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jul 2014, 10:31 am

it was actually embarrassing watching that race, you could of given the Honda's a 30 second deficit or more & he still would of won. I think he's a great talent is Marquez, but I've never rated Pedrosa really, always been the nearly man. Marquez has won the title but the bike is on a whole different level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 12 Aug 2014, 8:05 pm

Anyone catch the race from Indy on Sunday?

Marc Marquez bagged the pole and the win. 

Matched Doohan's record of 10 consecutive wins. 

I think the kid might just win all 18 races...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 13 Aug 2014, 5:27 am

I never saw it Gerry but I'd agree with you that a clean sweep of the season looks on the cards barring mechanical issues or crashing which looks unlikely at the moment. Amazing feat.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 13 Aug 2014, 7:56 pm

Moto GP are heading to Wales for the British GP from 2016

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 13 Aug 2014, 8:37 pm

It's great news for Welsh sport to gain such a top draw event. 

But I think Dorna should really have had two British races. As I'm a big fan of Silverstone and it's a fantastic race track. 

I'm pretty sure Spain has 4/5 races per year, justified 100% due to the vast amount of Spanish riders, but the fans in Britain love motorsport.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 17 Aug 2014, 2:42 pm

Hold the phone! Marc Marquez has finally been beaten!

Dani Pedrosa wins the Czech GP, Jorge Lorenzo 2nd and Valentino Rossi 3rd. 

Marc Marquez 4th and he struggled with tyre heat throughout the race.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 3:30 pm

The old tyre heat excuse, happens to best of us. Think Marquez losing is the best news that sport needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 17 Aug 2014, 3:35 pm

Wow. What a shock! No win for Marquez. That mark of ten wins on the bounce remains a record shared by two or three other riders then.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 17 Aug 2014, 9:06 pm

John wrote:The old tyre heat excuse, happens to best of us. Think Marquez losing is the best news that sport needed.

Nah. The title's so dead that people were tuning in to see if he could win every race. Now he won't they won't bother.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 31 Aug 2014, 7:54 pm

Marc Marquez gets back to winning ways with a dominant weekend at Silverstone.  

Marquez got the pole and the win. 11th win of the season. Had a fantastic battle with Jorge Lorenzo. Marquez just seems up have Lorenzo's number these days. 

Rossi claimed the final podium position.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Tue 02 Sep 2014, 7:59 am

Marquez is a rare talent, but his dominance has made it boring. I don't have BT Sport and so can't watch it live and I don't even tune in for the highlights on ITV4 anymore. I know several people who don't bother either and frankly, I can't see any of us watching the sport again unless by some miracle BBC get the TV rights back.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 02 Sep 2014, 11:54 am

The BT Sport commentators are utter dross too. I miss Steve and Charlie.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 14 Sep 2014, 1:51 pm

The Doctor wins the Grand Prix of San Marino! Ends his 15 month victory less drought. First victory in Italy since 2009 and a victory at Marco Simoncelli's house!

Jorge Lorenzo second and Dani Pedrosa third. 

Marc Marquez finished 15th after crashing early on. 

Repsol having a few problems with their setup. 

Marquez leads the championship by 74 points from Pedrosa and 75 from Rossi. Another few crashes and the championship could open up.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 28 Sep 2014, 8:18 pm

Changing conditions in Aragon saw Jorge Lorenzo finally register his first victory in 2014. 

Towards the latter stages of the race, the intermittent rain that was falling pretty much from lap 3, became heavy rain. Both Pedrosa(p2) and Marquez(leader) stayed out. But Lorenzi pitted for his wet race bike. 

Pedrosa crashed first, but limped back to eventually get his wet bike and finished p14. 

Marquez never tried to pit and crashed 3 laps from the end. He boxed the same lap and finished p13. 

Aleix Espagaro finished second(maiden motogp podium) and Cal Crutchlow bagged his first ducati podium. 

Rossi crashed out on lap 1 and failed to capitalise on Marquez's second consecutive crash. 

Thus Marquez increased his championship lead by 1 point over Pedrosa.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sat 04 Oct 2014, 10:55 pm

Has anybody been watching on BT Sport? I have seen the highlights of some of the races on ITV4 but it appears the viewing figures have dropped significantly.

BBC had been averaging 1m viewers in recent seasons but the combined total of viewers has half on BT Sport and ITV. BT Sport have averaged a very poor 155k while ITV4 have been getting around 366k.

BT Sport have stated they expect viewership to 'grow with time'? Not sure how that is going to happen? People are hardly going to buy BT Sport just to watch Moto GP.

ITV meanwhile have declined to comment.

It is a shame that some sports would rather take a fast buck rather than try to grow a fanbase.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 12 Oct 2014, 7:08 am

After a couple of poor results in San Marino and Aragon, Marc Marquez finally sealed his second consecutive MOTOGP title. 

Jorge Lorenzo won in Motegi, Marquez second and Valentino Rossi third. 

Marquez becomes the first Honda rider ro with world title at Motegi(home of Honda) and is the youngest double world champion at 21 years old. 

Unless Yamaha and Ducati up their bike development, Marquez could win 10 championships in a row. 

IMO the only man capable of beating Marc Marquez is Casey Stoner, but he's not coming back anytime so ...

Congrats Marc.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon 13 Oct 2014, 9:36 pm

It's a pity Lorenzo had such a disasterous start to the season as I think he would have given Marquez a run for his money.He's 4th now,not far behind Rossi and Pedrosa. Lorenzo made a brilliant start from the third row of the grid and once in front was never threatened.There's nothing to choose between Honda and Yamaha,I would like Dani to finish in second spot.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 19 Oct 2014, 12:26 pm

Valentino Rossi won this mornings Australian GP at Phillip Island. Jorge Lorenzo was second. And Britain's Bradley Smith achieved a career best third place in the premier class. 

Marc Marquez for the third time in forth races crashed. This time he was cruising to victory when he fell off. 

Cal Crutchlow was set to finish second until he fell off on the last lap. 

Two races to go, Rossi and Lorenzo battling for second place in the championship. Rosso leads by 8 points.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 26 Oct 2014, 12:18 pm

The magnificent Marc Marquez powered to his 12th victory of the season in Sepang. Breaking. More records along the way. 

Marquez set the record for most poles(13) in one premier class season.
Marquez also equaled Mick Doohan's 12 race wins in the premier class in one season. 
Marquez became first man to win 12 races in one season during 4 stroke era.

Valentino Rossi was second and Jorge Lorenzo was third. Rossi holds a 13 point lead heading to Valencia over Lorenzo to get second place in championship. And lodt importantly top yamaha rider.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 26 Oct 2014, 12:24 pm

What an incredible season Marquez has had. Unparalleled in dominance.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 26 Oct 2014, 12:34 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:What an incredible season Marquez has had. Unparalleled in dominance.
I think Repsol need to axe Dani Pedrosa TBH. In a couple of seasons we will probably have Marc and Alex Marquez as team mates!

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 26 Oct 2014, 1:11 pm

sportform wrote:Has anybody been watching on BT Sport? I have seen the highlights of some of the races on ITV4 but it appears the viewing figures have dropped significantly.

BBC had been averaging 1m viewers in recent seasons but the combined total of viewers has half on BT Sport and ITV. BT Sport have averaged a very poor 155k while ITV4 have been getting around 366k.

BT Sport have stated they expect viewership to 'grow with time'? Not sure how that is going to happen? People are hardly going to buy BT Sport just to watch Moto GP.

ITV meanwhile have declined to comment.

It is a shame that some sports would rather take a fast buck rather than try to grow a fanbase.

I gave up watching it because the commentary was horrific. It's not the same for me without Steve and Charlie. Marquez killed the season too but it's not his fault he's the best rider on the best bike.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon 27 Oct 2014, 8:25 pm

I think the Honda and Yamaha bikes are pretty much equal,you never see one make pulling away from the other or cornering better.The reason Marquez has won the championship is the fact that he is younger and is prepared to take a chance now and then,also the choice of tyre can make a difference.As far as Honda getting rid of Pedrosa as Gerry suggests he is as good a rider as the Yamaha team and only bad luck has prevented him gettin a few more points.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:53 pm

rapidringsroad wrote:I think the Honda and Yamaha bikes are pretty much equal,you never see one make pulling away from the other or cornering better.The reason Marquez has won the championship is the fact that he is younger and is prepared to take a chance now and then,also the choice of tyre can make a difference.As far as Honda getting rid of Pedrosa as Gerry suggests he is as good a rider as the Yamaha team and only bad luck has prevented him gettin a few more points.
I'm sorry but the Yamaha bike is on the same level as the Honda. The Honda has fair better grip and feel. But towards the latter stages of the season Yamaha has clawed back some of the deficit.

And I disagree about Pedrosa being the same level as Rossi/Lorenzo. Both Yamaha riders have a winners mindset whereas Pedrosa doesn't.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 09 Nov 2014, 3:25 pm

Records falling on a weekend by weekend basis for the incredible Marc Marquez. Marc wins a record 13th race of the season by sealing victory in Valencia. Rossi was second, and sealed second in the championship. And Pedrosa was third, but Lorenzo was third in championship. 

Elsewhere Alex Marquez won the Moto3 ahead of Jack Miller by finishing third in Valencia. 

Marc and Alex become the first brothers to win GP titles.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down