The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eubank Jr could "beat Gennady Golovkin now..."

+10
mobilemaster8
John Bloody Wayne
owen10ozzy
AdamT
Dipper Brown
Rodney
KingMonkey
wheelchair1991
hazharrison
Qoxiivi
14 posters

Go down

Eubank Jr could "beat Gennady Golovkin now..." Empty Eubank Jr could "beat Gennady Golovkin now..."

Post by Qoxiivi Fri 23 May 2014, 12:30 pm

Or so claims Eubank Snr:

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/latest/news/chris-eubank-i-see-roberto-duran-and-roy-jones-in-my-son-and-he-could-beat-gennady-golovkin-now

He also sees Druran, RJJ and Toney attributes in his son.

His son can also punch a house over.

Last edited by Qoxiivi on Fri 23 May 2014, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Eubank Jr could "beat Gennady Golovkin now..." Empty Re: Eubank Jr could "beat Gennady Golovkin now..."

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 May 2014, 12:32 pm

Good luck with that......

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Eubank Jr could "beat Gennady Golovkin now..." Empty Re: Eubank Jr could "beat Gennady Golovkin now..."

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 23 May 2014, 12:36 pm

I saw him saying this i laughed so much

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 23 May 2014, 12:39 pm

Well it's not going to happen so this might as well be me down the boozer saying that I could beat him. All a bit pointless.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 23 May 2014, 12:41 pm

Cheap talk, lets see him step it up then. John Ryder would be a good benchmark on how good he actually is.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 23 May 2014, 12:44 pm

Oh lawdy! I know we all engage in a bit of 'my Dad's harder than your Dad (or in this case, son) but this is a bit far! Ambitious in the extreme

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 May 2014, 12:46 pm

Rodney wrote:Cheap talk, lets see him step it up then. John Ryder would be a good benchmark on how good he actually is.

Cheers Rodders

Adam Etches, Spike O'Sullivan, Billy Joe Saunders, too.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 23 May 2014, 12:47 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Rodney wrote:Cheap talk, lets see him step it up then. John Ryder would be a good benchmark on how good he actually is.

Cheers Rodders

Adam Etches, Spike O'Sullivan, Billy Joe Saunders, too.

Agreed mate.

Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 23 May 2014, 1:16 pm

On the subject of GGG. Why doesn't he take the fight with Ward?

Don't want to hear the excuse, it doesn't make business sense, or that Ward is too big because he would gladly pick on the smaller fighters like Manny or Floyd if given the chance.

Before you guys slate me, I am a fan of Golovikin but I don't think he is being ducked as much as he is made out.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 23 May 2014, 1:28 pm

Andre Ward thinks there are three pay-per-view fights to be had, against Gennady Golovkin, Carl Froch or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. And he says he might even add some sizzle by changing his style when he gets back in the ring.

"I still don't think the world has seen the best Andre Ward," he said. "Initially, I just wanted to get in there and win. But now, it's to the point where I'm like, 'You need to flow a little more. Win in such a way that people are hungry to see the next one.'

"I have showed things in sparring and camp that I don't show in fights."

Ward said he might even drop his hands and stand toe to toe for a bit ...

"The world hasn't seen that guy yet, I and want them to," Ward said. "I can turn it up, don't keep it so tight."

One of Ward's favorite fighters, Floyd Mayweather Jr., did the same thing in a unanimous decision over Marcos Maidana on May 3.

"He could have gotten on his bike and made that fight a lot easier," Ward said. "He stood in there against a genuine puncher and wanted to make a statement. You gotta respect that. As a competitor, you want to have that kind of fight sometimes.

"Maybe we'll see Andre Ward have that kind of fight soon."

To be fair Andre; be nice just to see you in a fight; he makes Mayweather look like a stay busy fighter and that' saying something.

Twice in 10 months the Californian State Athletic Commision has upheld Dan Goosen's contract with Ward who is seeking to terminate; essentially supporting Goosen's argument that he has presented fights to Ward who has refused to put pen to paper on any of them...

To be honest; it sounds like his god complex has got a little too much; man sounds like he should be up there next to him as an equal. He may well be a champion but so are plenty of other people...everyone at some point has to go chase a fight, it's about time he does!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 23 May 2014, 1:34 pm

Has Ward officially offered the fight to GGG ?

It would be nice to hear from Ward thesedays who seems to be plummeting off the boxing radar. Talk about a wasted talent, he has firmly established himself as the number one at 168 so why isn't he mentioning any of the Light Heavy guys ? He seems to moan about limited options for a big PPV fight for him, has he heard of Stevenson or Kovalev a few pounds north ? Bitterly disappointed in Ward I am.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Fri 23 May 2014, 1:50 pm

Really has to go up to 175 as I think they're the only ones that would fancy a fight against him; perceiving him as more beatable than anyone at 168 does, due to his size acting as an equalizer of sorts.

Would love to see him in against Kovalev. Would hate to see him in against Hopkins. He'd decision Stevenson all day long, and Pascal.

Think the 175ers are the only lot who wouldn't be 'washing their hair that night' if he called.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 23 May 2014, 1:52 pm

Ward, who reiterated that he won’t move to 175 until it gets too hard to make 168 – which he doesn’t expect to happen any time soon – was wary of a catchweight fight at or near 172 with Russian slugger Sergey Kovalev.

“I’m the champion; why should I or any champion have to chase people, have the pressure on them to chase after people or move up in weight?,” the toned, fit 30-year-old said after an in-ring workout in Hayward, Calif., with trainer Virgil Hunter. “I’ve followed boxing closely for a long time and I’m used to seeing people step up and challenge the champions.

“With Kovalev, he’s a great fighter, but people would just say I beat a puncher.

His attitude kind of say's it all; say what you want about Manny & Floyd and catchweight...but at least they made steps to try and get it on with the fighters in the divisions around them...so far all Ward did was make Dawson step down all the way...

He has Chavez, GGG, Stevenson, Hopkins, Kovalev, Martinez all around him yet is insistent they all have to come to him...

He needs a good slap round the face with a nice bit of fish and to be told 'your bottom of the food chain in terms of PPV and at least 3 of them are legitimate champions in their own right...get off your ass and get in the ring with one of them'.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Fri 23 May 2014, 2:00 pm

Yeah, why should someone step up a division in order to seek a legacy of greatness and millions in earnings because they've already exhausted their options at their current weight? I mean, you don't see practically every single one of the other greats doing precisely that, currently and throughout history, do you?

Jesus Christ, Son of God...

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Fri 23 May 2014, 2:02 pm

Personally, I think it all reeks of him ducking Eubank Jr, who I heard can punch an elk across a car park.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 23 May 2014, 2:28 pm

Someone sat in front of Eubank Jr at the movies and talked throughout. Once.

When Superman goes to bed he wears Eubank Jr PJs.

When Eubank Jr does a pushup, he's not pushing himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 23 May 2014, 3:18 pm

Eubank jr is also known as Muhammad,I'm hard Bruce lee in some circles.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 23 May 2014, 3:37 pm

Eubank Jnr can speak French in German.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 May 2014, 3:39 pm

Until GGG beats someone decent we don't know how good he is...

Been a few guys like Frank Tate who were the second comings of Hagler and Monzon and turned out to be duds..

Sure the guy looks the deal but so did Engels Pedroza and Robin Blake..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 23 May 2014, 3:42 pm

I'll think you'll find Eubank senior said that ward would be the one guy junior isn't ready for yet. Key is 'yet'. From that I hope you appreciate how balanced Chris senior was being, and will tone down on some of the silly comments.

Of course ward may see through the obvious bluff, and want to stay well clear of hands of stone sugar ray hitman Eubank. I know I would if I were him. Even with god on my side.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 23 May 2014, 3:43 pm

Ad Wolgast would shadow box 45 rounds with a weight in each hand.

Eubank Jr shadow boxes 45 rounds with a lightweight in each hand.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 23 May 2014, 3:49 pm

Eubank Jr is Andre Ward's father.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 23 May 2014, 8:22 pm

HAHA!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 23 May 2014, 8:29 pm

Is this a wind up?

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Fri 23 May 2014, 9:51 pm

I thought he was too involved in his son career without giving him the chance to establish himself out right. However comments like that only add to career that has yet to take off to its full potential and turn it into a side show rather than legitimate prospect. More in ring statements with his performances than publicity spouting by his old man is needed

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down