The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This week's Raw

+9
Crimey
TopoftheChops
Samo
NickisBHAFC
Shot 21 LCFC
Liam
GSC
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
13 posters

Go down

This week's Raw Empty This week's Raw

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 29, 2014 3:27 pm

I think it just shows how dull Raw was this week that not only do we not have a spoilers thread, but no one even seems to have discussed any part of it.

What happened? Bray Wyatt and his family took out JBL then tried to kill Jerry Lawler (I assume thats what they were doing) before Cena and then the Usos made the save.

A contract signing went wrong! Evolution took weapons to the legal discussion and ended up doing more than just signing terms. Reigns went through a table.

Daniel Bryan refused to surrender the title, due to the fact he had to fight against the Authority's nonsense for so long to get it. However, that crafty Steve McMahon said that if Bryan doesn't give the belt up by (doesnt say whether this includes the duration of) Payback then, well, Briecakes is getting fired. A match between Steve and Brie down the line?! Well, lets hope so.

Brad Maddox was fired as Raw GM for not stopping The Shield being involved as commentators last week. This seemed to be their way of explaining why The Shield had inserted themselves into that position. I would imagine it wasnt the fact that Maddox got bullied into it, but more a lack of communication skills that saw him fired. Just ping him an email, Brad. The_Game@wwe.com.

Big E waved the American flag around after Rusev beat up Zack Ryder. It was some sort of day where its acceptable for American's to bum their flag. I like Big E but it was the most awkward flag wave I've seen. Poor show.

Cesaro was aided in victory over Rob Van Dam by the interfering Bad News Barrett although Sheamus later booted Cesaro in the face. Thats how its described in the review I read and I prefer the image of Sheamus just out of context kicking Cesaro in the face.

Bo Dallas beat Sin Cara. I Bolieved in him and it worked. Adam Rose beat Damien Sandow. HeRose being made.

El Torito beat another of 3MB, this time taking down the Scot, and one time Chosen One, David Moyes.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

This week's Raw Empty Re: This week's Raw

Post by Fernando Thu May 29, 2014 3:35 pm

Don't forget that El Torito lost his tail after Hornswoggle pulled it off This week's Raw 3559488474  It was the highlight of the show  Laugh  Such a terrible go home show really.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 pm

Sounds quite good, might watch it
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu May 29, 2014 4:51 pm

in hindsight apart from the DREADFUL el torito and hornswoggle 'feud' with the tail, really was embarrassing, i didn't think it was too bad.

Shield/Evolution ending was good. Real brutal and putting reigns through the table was a clever idea. Taking out the powerhouse of the shield.

Barrett/Sheamus/cessaro/RVD was decent.

Bo Dallas can just leave now, so so bad and cringy. Won't last long before he's either released or does something else.

Big E thing was terrible I agree, but the Americans love a good flag waving don't they.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu May 29, 2014 4:52 pm

It wasnt that bad. I liked the Wyatt segment and it makes sense targeting Lawler as lets be honest he is the biggest Cena fanboy ever. Interesting that they attacked JBL. Im really hoping it leads to a match between him and Harper but I doubt it.

The whole 3MB / Los Matadores thing is a joke but oh well.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu May 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Also I really don't rate Bryan. Great in the ring but overall I think he's just a mid card talent who a very good wrestler. His promo's are so poor. Sooner we get Punk back with the belt and Lesnar later in the year the better.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu May 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Yeah the Wyatt segment was decent apart from that a bit of a dull standard Raw.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu May 29, 2014 6:33 pm

I didnt think it was as bad as you are making out. Yeah, it had its share of throwaway moments, but it wasnt terrible.

I dont care Maddox has been fired, but I think it was there to enforce Bries job being in jeapordy. I nearly peed my pants when I heard a guy in the crowd shout "Come on Kane, dont be a lemon"

Rusev finally has an opponent who can match him, now we can see if he has a chance in the future, or just another carbon copy monster. As soon as Ryder came out with the flag I knew he was getting fed to Rusev. I laughed out loud when he was cut off almost immediatly.

The Rhodes Brothers did a good job to Evolution. The first RKO was an awesome spot, dont know why Orton didnt pin right away and wait for a 2nd one.

Bray Wyatt is excellent. Luke Harper is brilliant. Those eyes man, he's great at looking deranged. Cena delivered his best promo in a while.

I hate Bo Dallas' character, which I hope is what the 'E wanted.

Cesaro vs RVD and Sheamus vs ADR served their purpose. Still think Ziggler should be in Van Dams spot though. I thought Sheamus sold the head injury really well, almost uncomfortably well. Cesaro vs Sheamus should be a good match, one I cant call.

Im confused about the 6 man tag. They kept refering to the fact it would be the last time you see the losers on RAW. Does that mean its a disbandment match? Loser leaves town? Or is it just figuratively speaking? Still looking forward to it though.

Negatives.

Alicia Fox. Dont get it. Dont like it. Settle yourself, have a snickers, and GTFO.

Losing to Cena has really put Sandow over. He's a star. /sarcasm

Its so obvious Rose is going to go over Swagger it hurts. And im a Rosebud.

No love for the Uso's. Third PPV in a row without a tag title match on the main card.

I wish they would have stopped refering to it as 'The Payback PPV'. Stop insulting my intelligence I know ota a PPV.

A mixed bag in all. Not the best RAW to head into a PPV with.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Thu May 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Bo Dallas made me change my life for the better. I bolieve!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 29, 2014 9:03 pm

The only good thing was Bray Wyatt acting like a heel. And that involving JBL made it a little more notable.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Thu May 29, 2014 9:22 pm

RKBLOWS and Skinny Jean sellout!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 29, 2014 9:58 pm

I did like that joke, I shouldnt but I did

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu May 29, 2014 11:07 pm

So who wants to start the guessing on which ridiculous way that John Cena will win on Sunday in the Last Man Standing match.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu May 29, 2014 11:47 pm

Duck tape again i recon.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri May 30, 2014 12:00 am

Either JBL will take out one of them on the outside and help Cena or Bray will win by dastardly measures.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri May 30, 2014 12:48 am

It was okay, it's just at the moment there aren't a lot of interesting feuds. The Cena-Wyatt feud has to end at Payback, the interest in it has died a death and attacking Jerry Lawler, while the Tennessee live crowd would react doesn't really affect the rest of the world. 

The Evolution-Shield feud is struggling weirdly, should be much better but it's becoming too repetitive and needed something a bit different for the second match to raise the stakes I feel.

Daniel Bryan is naturally suffering because he can't wrestle.

Rusev-Big E is ruined by the patriotism on both sides.

Cesaro-Sheamus is okay but hasn't had enough coverage for anybody to really care. Same goes for Barrett-RVD.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Fri May 30, 2014 11:22 am

I think the whole "last time you'll see all 3 together on Raw" was to sell the potential brutality of Sunday's match. Someone will get so beat up they can't wrestle again etc. If it was a "Losing team disbands" match you'd definitely know about it because they wouldn't have shut up about it.

Overall I quite enjoyed Raw. I often fast forward through most of it but found myself watching most of it this week. Wyatt's section was one of my favourites of his so far, Cena was good.

Bo Dallas can just go now please or stick to Smackdown seeing as I don't watch that.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri May 30, 2014 1:06 pm

lol cena broke character

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri May 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Is Batista finally taking his break?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri May 30, 2014 2:17 pm

How is Hollywood coping without him?

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri May 30, 2014 10:38 pm

Batista is off after the Raw after Payback apparently.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sat May 31, 2014 7:24 am

It would amuse me if Bo Dallas would give an "Adrian" type speech after every win.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down