The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RAW spoilers

+16
Crimey
Kay Fabe
Nakatomi Plaza
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
Kurt N. Jurqa
I Blame Coco
liverbnz
VDT
DP
JamesLincs
Samo
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
TopoftheChops
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RAW spoilers - Page 2 Empty RAW spoilers

Post by TopoftheChops Tue 03 Jun 2014, 1:11 am

First topic message reminder :

Interesting start to RAW, Batista has quit!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

RAW spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: RAW spoilers

Post by Mr H Thu 05 Jun 2014, 2:09 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Now people are giving Batista credit for taking some pins? He did fine, but at the end of the day he offered nothing of any talent. His mic work was poor, his wrestling was reasonably abject and he was a booed face royal rumble winner.

To me he is symptomatic of the poorer side of WWE booking. They have given him the world then fawned all over him to protect him, whilst Wyatt is in the never ending feud, Ziggler and Sandow are verified jobbers and Bryan has had to run away from Kane or big bad Stephanie.

Batista obviously has his flaws but for name value alone it will have done Bryan and The Shield no harm whatsoever going over him. Bryan and The Shield have been the top babyfaces of the last few months and from a booking perspective Batista has served his purpose in elevating them. He’s never going to have a Brock Lesnar-esque legitimacy about him but he maximises his abilities to good effect for the greater good, and for that I have no complaints.

As for Wyatt, ask any heel if they’d want to be in a 5 month programme with John Cena and they’d take it in an instant. Wyatt is in a better position now than he was in January.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Jun 2014, 3:41 pm

Hes done his job, I'm not saying he hasnt, I just equally dont think he deserves any plaudits.

Again, I don't disagree. However, the feud has gone stale and WWE have done little to rectify it. But Batista has had collective creative brain power working around the clock.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Thu 05 Jun 2014, 6:51 pm

Batista joining WWE made Punk quit, but also gave Daniel Bryan his Wrestlemania moment. I would say that alone has made Batista's return good!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 06 Jun 2014, 2:12 pm

Of course he gets credit for doing the jobs, in a multiman match on a big occsssion its absolutely essential that in order to get the the eventual Winner over, the major face/heel in the match has to drop the fall, HHH did it at WM20...Cena did it at WM24 and Batista did it at WM30

His return bombed because he's such a stale face, I'm not overly keen on him as a heel either but its simply disingenuous to say beating Batista doesn't mean more than beating Orton

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 06 Jun 2014, 4:24 pm

I'd rather Bryan pinned Orton. Batista was the fresher feud they could go with and Bryan to pin the champ. On top of that, Batista was the one going away for spells, and especially with The Shield he basically had to do the job as he was the one who could go away and it be forgotten.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2