The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs Chisora - CONFIRMED

+16
AdZacO
The Galveston Giant
Union Cane
Pekchenko
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
sugarrayb
bellchees
Young_Towzer
Ronikara
Rowley
88Chris05
Scottrf
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Lumbering_Jack
Fists of Fury
20 posters

Go down

Fury vs Chisora - CONFIRMED Empty Fury vs Chisora - CONFIRMED

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 23 May 2011 - 16:28

July 23rd. Early predictions?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Chisora - CONFIRMED Empty Re: Fury vs Chisora - CONFIRMED

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 23 May 2011 - 16:33

Fury looks like he has a solid chin and I doubt he has the power to trouble Chisora. Fury will come into the fight in his typical awful condition and I fancy Chisora to outwork him the same way mcmuffin did in there firdt fight, only more emphatic.

Fury needs to stop being trained by his uncle and team up with a proper coach. Pure size will only get you so far.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 23 May 2011 - 16:35

Chisora late TKO for me. Just think he outworks him, and has a tad too much aggression for Fury, who will become tired and ragged as the fight wears on, leaving himself susceptible to those big overhand rights. Ref steps in and calls it off with Fury on the ropes around rd10.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 23 May 2011 - 16:38

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Fury looks like he has a solid chin and I doubt he has the power to trouble Chisora. Fury will come into the fight in his typical awful condition and I fancy Chisora to outwork him the same way mcmuffin did in there firdt fight, only more emphatic.

Fury needs to stop being trained by his uncle and team up with a proper coach. Pure size will only get you so far.

Doesnt he train with Manny Stewart now or was that a temporary thing?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 23 May 2011 - 16:40

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Fury looks like he has a solid chin and I doubt he has the power to trouble Chisora. Fury will come into the fight in his typical awful condition and I fancy Chisora to outwork him the same way mcmuffin did in there firdt fight, only more emphatic.

Doesnt he train with Manny Stewart now or was that a temporary thing?

Think that was just for a few weeks, although i'll be happy to be proven wrong...

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 23 May 2011 - 17:04

Chisora for me. Quicker hands, better anticipation and more movement should negate size advantages.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 23 May 2011 - 17:09

Can see Chisora conclusively beating Fury with something to spare, to be honest. Chisora is a league above any Heavyweight on the British domestic scene, Fury included.

To me it seems as if Fury thinks he'll be able to beat anyone in Britain purely on his height alone. He hangs his jab out to dry horrendously, doesn't have the genuine power to discourage Chisora's attacking and, though it's something that he probably needs to work on himself, Del Boy's stamina and conditioning has thus far proved much better than Fury's, too.

I think Chisora wins by a wide decision in a bad-tempered affair.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 May 2011 - 17:31

Hard to see past Chisora. I actually think there are some raw materials with Fury, decent chin, good height and reach and he is not without mobility for his size but I have seen little evidence yet he is anywhere near knowing how to utilise those assets, paws with his jabs, rarely turns up in condition and seems to believe he is a puncher when the evidence doesn't seem to support the theory.

Chisora seems far more rounded thus far and got to think he wins a pretty wide points decision

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Mon 23 May 2011 - 17:35

Fury to win this one. I like Del Boy, but I think he is another victim of Warren's matchmaking. The best name on Derek's record is Danny Williams, who was so shot when they met he could barely walk to the ring. Del Boy did, however, look very impressive against Sam Sexton.

But Fury for me has looked better overall. He disposed of Daniil Peretyatko in 3 rounds in his 3rd fight, a guy who Chisora twice failed to stop. And he has also had his reality check against John McDermott (who should have got the decision in their first fight). That seems to have given him the kick he needed at the right time, and Tyson looked outstanding in the return fight as he did in lis last bout against Nascimento. He can be quite flat in some of his performances, but he'll be up for this one . And for all the talk about his condition stamina (and he should definitely be in better shape for a professional athelete), I've never seen Fury blowing or run out of gas.

At this moment in time, the best of Fury beats the best of Chisora.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 23 May 2011 - 17:38

Fury to win this one. I like Del Boy, but I think he is another victim of Warren's matchmaking. The best name on Derek's record is Danny Williams, who was so shot when they met he could barely walk to the ring. Del Boy did, however, look very impressive against Sam Sexton.
Sexton is easily the best fighter Derek's beat and he was brilliant in their 2nd fight which was a brilliant fight

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 23 May 2011 - 17:40

Chisora wins this for me by stoppage late on, however, it's a pick em for me. Chisora's just got nice skills, good handspeed and i like the way he moves his head, i've always been a fan of him, i've been watching him since about 2008 and he improves with every fight, he's also a good character, as is Fury who's also good value characteristic wise haha

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 May 2011 - 17:42

For me at the minute Fury blows too hot and cold. His preparation seems really amateurish. Remember before the first Mcdermott fight he said the only sparring he had had was with his brother who's only qualification appeared to be he was a "big lump" (his words)

As I said previously think Fury has some gifts but does not seem to have either the intelligence or dedication to put them to proper use.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 23 May 2011 - 17:52

I find Fury quite funny with some of the rubbish he comes out with so I'd probably want him to win. Think this will be a close one based on what I've seen of Chisora, which isn't too much. It's nice to get another domestic fight that will get some headlines like Groves and Degale did. Also the winner might get a chance to fight for the European Title.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarrayb Mon 23 May 2011 - 21:29

Chisora for me late on as Fury tires, its a shame because Fury has talent, but if he isn't prepared to put the work in in the gym he's not gonna beat Delboy.

sugarrayb

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 23 May 2011 - 21:38

I can't see how fury wins this tbh. Chisora has good power, quick hands, good stamina and good skills. He has been training for a fight with wlad so has been practising getting under a jab for over half a year. Tyson, although big, has a very poor jab. I think that Tyson at the mo is a poor mans David price, and chisora has been sparrig with him.

Chisora will set a high pace catching Tyson in every round cleanly. Tyson will tire and chisora will force a ref stoppage around round 8 as I don't see Tyson going down as he has a hard chin.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 23 May 2011 - 21:59

Chisora to win this quite easily imo. Like has been said he has been preparing for Wlad for a while so will not be worried about Fury's jab. Fury is fat and obviously unprofessional Chisora will work his body and KO him in the middle rounds imo.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 24 May 2011 - 10:30

Check the Hennessy Website!

http://www.hennessysports.com/

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pekchenko Tue 24 May 2011 - 11:33

Brilliant Scott!!!

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 24 May 2011 - 11:35

Scottrf wrote:Check the Hennessy Website!

http://www.hennessysports.com/

Genius, Frank Warren has been busy

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 24 May 2011 - 11:39

I thought the real site would be a co.uk, but no, that is the official site.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hennessy+Sports

Good work Carl.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 24 May 2011 - 11:54

Chisora TKO in the later rounds, as long as he sets the pace i can see him stopping Fury late, Fury also needs to watch that uppercut (his own).
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Tue 24 May 2011 - 12:01

Love banter that put a bit of effort in it

Correct me if I am wrong but i thought Fury is still training with Steward. It was meant to be 3 weeks but Steward said he was going to be his next dominant heavyweight after Klit, when he saw them train together in Germany.

Chisora should be favourite, but i don't think he wins it. He has a good work rate, but i think neither have been in with any one as good as the other. I think people underestimate Fury, as he has talents, just needs the work ethic, and i think he will work for this. (however if im wrong on him being trained by Steward, and its some random coach again, i pick Chisora)

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 24 May 2011 - 12:22

Steward could be the key in this fight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 24 May 2011 - 14:24

This will be a massive fight for Chisora. If he wins, I'm pretty sure that he'll get a shot at the Klitschko-Haye winner.
I can see it being a close fight, probably going the distance.
Both men looked impressive in their last fights.
Currently, I'm actually leaning towards Fury. I feel that his sheer size and physical approach will give Del Boy problems.
I'm looking foward to this, it could turn out to be a surprisingly entertaining scrap.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Tue 24 May 2011 - 15:23

Great domestic match-up and these two have been calling eachother out for a few years. Glad that its finally happening.

50/50 fight IMO.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Chisora - CONFIRMED Empty Fury vs Chisora-Wembley-23rd July

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 24 May 2011 - 19:27

Dereck Chisora to fight Tyson Fury in July

Chisora has won nine of his fights by knockout Dereck Chisora will defend his British heavyweight crown against Tyson Fury at Wembley Arena on 23 July.

Chisora, twice denied the chance to meet world champion Wladimir Klitschko, has not fought since August, when he beat Sam Sexton to retain his title.

Unbeaten Fury, 23, said: "Chisora's talked the talk and now he needs to walk the walk. I'm good to go.

"Let's see if he is man enough to get in the ring with a dangerous, young, live opponent for the first time."

Chisora, 27, who has won all 14 of his fights, was lined up to face Klitschko on 11 December last year but the Ukrainian pulled out with a torn abdominal muscle.

The fight was rescheduled for 30 April but was again cancelled so Klitschko could face David Haye on 2 July.

Chisora was crowned British heavyweight champion in May last year when he twice floored Danny Williams in the second round at Upton Park.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 24 May 2011 - 19:32

Thanks for this, ncfc.

Unfortunately, we already have a ' Chisora v Fury Confirmed ' thread, so I'll need to merge this into that one. Will leave it here for five minutes or so, so you know where it is.

Nice to see you visiting the boxing section, by the way.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 24 May 2011 - 19:40

ok HW didnt see it

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 24 May 2011 - 19:42

ncfc_Tooze wrote:ok HW didnt see it

No probs, mate. As I say, it's good to see you popping over. Will merge it now.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down