The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012

+35
All Time Great
Steffan
Dass
HumanWindmill
Boxtthis
Waingro
trottb
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Super D Boon
ErmanH
bhb001
quentins_monkey
coxy0001
compelling and rich
Knowsit17
Adam D
TopHat24/7
ONETWOFOREVER
OasisBFC
The Galveston Giant
J.Benson II
Rowley
owen10ozzy
Union Cane
joeyjojo618
Scottrf
Mind the windows Tino.
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
Fists of Fury
oxring
JabMachine
JDandfries
Soldier_Of_Fortune
oneorthree
39 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012 Empty Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012

Post by oneorthree Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:49 am

Just seen on the Telegraph website this is confirmed for March 2012.

What are poeples thoughts.
I think against Wlad he might have gone in with a punchers chance, but i cant see him being about to worry Vitali.
I think he will give us value for money though - will go in there and give it a go (will probably see him go out on his shield in the late rounds of drop a comfortable UD)

Good luck to the lad though, he's got balls and wants to fight the best. Il be cheering for him (back in 04 i knew him from the amateur circuit and sparred with him a couple of times so it would be nice to tell the grandkids id shared a ring with a heavyweight WC!)

thought on his chances though??

oneorthree

Back to top Go down

Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012 Empty Re: Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:50 am

A painful 8 round drubbing unfortunately

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012 Empty Re: Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012

Post by JDandfries Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:51 am

Delighted!!, at least it means we wont see Mr Haye in the ring (unless he is there as Amir's cheerleader again) in the near future!

In all seriousness, fair play to Del Boy

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:53 am

He's undeserving of the shot in the first place. This is what annoys me about boxing.

I'm not for one second questioning that he should have gotten the win against Helenius, he hammered him. My problem is that his record states another loss. He's then handed a WBC title shot?

Audley Harrison could actually say he's more deserving of a shot, as his last loss was against the WBA champion, and before that he won the European belt.

Thats not to say he SHOULD have a shot, but look at what boxing is doing to itself. Its not the best vs the best anymore, and shows no signs of improvement and its a crying shame. Wlad and Vitali should be forced to fight each other, or Povetkin should be the next on their radar. Not a guy coming off the back of 2 losses. They should be looking at fighting the top ranked contenders, not people they feel will "be a good fight" - people earn that accolade and spend years chasing the rankings.

The fight would be a murder anyway. Vital will nearly kill Dereck, and thats being generous.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:56 am

Its up on boxrec as well.

Possibly a bargaining tool but more likely:
vitali wrote:
Dear Mr Haye. Kindly kiss my ar..

Chisora deserves his shot - as much due to an absence of credible opposition than anything else. Arreola is next one up for Wlad. Chambers is inactive and on the way back - needs to beat Thompson as well. Haye's "retired". Dimitrenko has no interest in the fight. Helenius likewise - and he's tarnished goods now anyway. Leaving Fury (yes, ranked #8) and the rest of the up'n'comers. Chisora stylistically presents an interesting challenge.

He beat and exposed Helenius - who plainly can't deal with an inside fighter - and he has a pretty good chance against Vitali.

The last inside fighter Vitali faced was fattyArreola - and he's probably not as good at getting inside as Chisora. So in terms of styles - there's an argument to say that Vit will be slightly unprepared. Not enough to make Del boy a favourite - but he deserves his chance.

Lets hope he doesn't freeze - as other hopes have done.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:57 am

He has zero chance, let's not kid ourselves. A one sided beatdown.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:58 am

Waingro won't be happy. The Klitschkos once again ducking the irresistable force which is Haye so they can take on another fat bum, I suppose.

Not sure how wise a move this is by Chisora when all things are taken in to consideration, apart from the fact that it will be a career-high purse of course. If he loses, he'll have 'lost' (in light of the blatant gift decision awarded to Helenius last week) his last three fights of significance - and where would he go from there? Straight to the head position of the 'who needs him?' club, I'd imagine.

Can he beat Vitali? It looks unlikely. The way in which he negated Helenius' height and reach advantages was encouraging, but this isn't an untested Helenius we're talking about here. Vitali looked as clinical as ever last time out and it's clear that Chisora can't win the fight on the outside. Is he subtle and deft enough to get inside to pressure Vitali? Again, I'm not so sure. His workrate against Helenius was far better than against Fury, but I'm still not convinced he can outwork the older brother who seems as willing as ever to let his hands go, safe in the knowledge that his chin can get him out of any bother, and also mix up his shots.

Very ballsy move for Chisora here. If Vitali has aged notably overnight, then perhaps he can take a decision, but otherwise I see Vitali winning the vast majority of rounds enroute to a clear decision, with Chisora taking a lot of punishment along the way. And if he does lose, you'd have to wonder how long it would take to get himself back in title contention, if he ever did.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:59 am

Whats the chances that Haye hijacks another Chisora fight?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:01 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Waingro won't be happy. The Klitschkos

Klichkos.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:02 pm

Vitali taking on the guy little bro ducked twice?

Tag team Klitschko.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:08 pm

Scottrf wrote:Vitali taking on the guy little bro ducked twice?

Laugh

They make one hell of a team. A rangy skillster vs a more slug/swarming type fighter - who will walk you down and administer some punishment along the way.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:10 pm

Nobody here has questioned the fact Chisora is coming from 2 losses to get this fight.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:11 pm

JabMachine wrote:Nobody here has questioned the fact Chisora is coming from 2 losses to get this fight.
Get out of here, a loss and a win.

He obviously still gives Wladimir nightmares.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:11 pm

JabMachine wrote:He's undeserving of the shot in the first place. This is what annoys me about boxing.

I'm not for one second questioning that he should have gotten the win against Helenius, he hammered him. My problem is that his record states another loss. He's then handed a WBC title shot?

So you think Chisora got jobbed, and dont think he deserves a shot because of it? Thats pretty cold.

By the same logic, Helenius is still undefeated and got a Euro belt so he should get the shot right? I know who I think is more deserving.

Anyway Klichko (damn you waingro...) will stop him, and it wont even be close. But I dont see what fight will be close in the immediate future.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:12 pm

JabMachine wrote:Nobody here has questioned the fact Chisora is coming from 2 losses to get this fight.

That's because nobody believes that the fight will actually happen.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:18 pm

Union Cane wrote:

That's because nobody believes that the fight will actually happen.

You hard-line cynic you...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:23 pm

Chisora lost. Doesn't matter that he should have won, there are people out there who are higher ranked and are more deserving. As with Khan, he went to a fighters backyard and left it to decision.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:25 pm

Supposed to be Vitali against Chisora in Feb before a meeting with Haye in July. Would make sense as it would give Vitali ideal preparation for handling a small, quick (not ultra quick mind) and stocky heavyweight.

Just hope Haye uses the chance to get a warm up fight inbetween, though the noises he has been making suggest he will not step in with anyone other than the brothers!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:26 pm

JabMachine wrote:Chisora lost. Doesn't matter that he should have won, there are people out there who are higher ranked and are more deserving. As with Khan, he went to a fighters backyard and left it to decision.

Who JabMachine?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:30 pm

The WBC don't have Chisora inside their top 40...

http://wbcboxing.com/wbcVersEng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117%3Apeso-completo&catid=15&Itemid=12
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:32 pm

JabMachine wrote:Chisora lost. Doesn't matter that he should have won, there are people out there who are higher ranked and are more deserving. As with Khan, he went to a fighters backyard and left it to decision.

So unless you knock a guy out overseas you pretty much get what you deserve, great, that should encourage guys to travel and make the fights we all want to see. Have not seen the Chisora fight but all reports I have read suggest it was an absolute shafting.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:32 pm

JabMachine wrote: Doesn't matter that he should have won, there are people out there who are higher ranked and are more deserving.

Such as?

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:33 pm

I will be behind him all the way as long as he prepares right, he should be European Champion after all. Gained a lot of respect from me after Helenius.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:34 pm

JabMachine wrote:Doesn't matter that he should have won

No? It does matter to Chisora. And call me mental, but I think its quite important to boxing in general that the person who deserves to win a fight gets the nod.

I dont disagree that others are more deserving of a shot, but your logic is bizarre. He doesnt deserve a shot because he got shafted in his previous bout seems to be your standpoint.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:36 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
JabMachine wrote: Doesn't matter that he should have won, there are people out there who are higher ranked and are more deserving.

Such as?

Yep - who are these better ranked fighters JabMachine?

The K-bros have seemed to use boxrec's rankings a lot in the past. Boxrec have Fury at 8. Which fight would you rather see?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:38 pm

Being shafted twice by Wlad is enough never mind for the Euro strap also
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

The WBC (who's belt it is after all) rank all these guys higher than Chisora...

Chris Arreola (US)
Alexander Dimitrenko (Germany) EBU
Bermane Stiverne (Canada) SILVER
Denis Boytsov (Russia)
Johnathon Banks (US) NABF
Chauncy Welliver (US) AMERICA/ABCO
Tomasz Adamek (Poland)
Robert Helenius (Finland)
Mariusz Wach (Poland) INTL
Eric Molina (US) USNBC
Tyson Fury (GB) BBB C / COMM
Luis Ortiz (Cuba) LATINO
Franklin Lawrence (US) CABOFE
Kubrat Pulev (Bulgaria)
David Rodriguez (US) FECOMBOX
Francesco Pianeta (Italy)
Darnell Wilson (US)
Ray Austin (US)
Andrew Wawrzyk (Poland) YOUTH
Kevin Johnson (US)
Johann Duhaupas (France/Panama) SOUTH AMERICA
Hasim Rahman (US)
Seth Mitchell (US)
Manuel Charr (Germany)
Alexander Ustinov (Belarussia)
Carlos Takam (Cameroon)
Jason Gavern (US)
Neven Pajkic (Canada)
Joe Hanks (US)
Kali Meehan (Australia)
Alex Leapai (Australia)
Monte Barrett (US)
Artur Szpilka (Poland)
Amir Mansour (US)
Gonzalo Basile (Argentina)
Vyacheslav Glazkov (Ukraine)
Mike Perez (Cuba/Ireland)
Edmund Gerber (Germany)
Erkan Teper (Germany) MEDITERRANEAN
Matias Vidondo (Argentina)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:46 pm

I would pop him in just ahead of Helenuis
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:46 pm

Union Cane wrote:The WBC (who's belt it is after all) rank all these guys higher than Chisora...

Chris Arreola (US) Lost once to Vit - doesn't want the fight before March
Alexander Dimitrenko (Germany) EBU Was sounded about fighting Wlad this December instead of Mormeck. No interest
Bermane Stiverne (Canada) SILVER Really? Really?
Denis Boytsov (Russia) I'd like this fight - but Boytsov is reported as wanting around a year to get experience post surgery.
Johnathon Banks (US) NABF Banks is building a name in Germany as we speak. Reasonable suggestion.
Tomasz Adamek (Poland) Just been hammered by big-bro.
Robert Helenius (Finland) Just been hammered by Del Boy
Eric Molina (US) USNBC
Tyson Fury (GB) BBB C / COMM Shall we leave this there?

A couple more points.

1. Its not the WBC. Wlad holds the WBA, IBF and WBO.

2. The WBC are a joke.

3. Bermane Stiverne? Since his loss he has only fought guys with massive losing records - before such luminaries as Manswell and Ray Austin.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:49 pm

oxring wrote:
Union Cane wrote:The WBC (who's belt it is after all) rank all these guys higher than Chisora...

Alexander Dimitrenko (Germany) EBU Was sounded about fighting Wlad this December instead of Mormeck. No interest
Denis Boytsov (Russia) I'd like this fight - but Boytsov is reported as wanting around a year to get experience post surgery.
Johnathon Banks (US) NABF Banks is building a name in Germany as we speak. Reasonable suggestion.
Eric Molina (US) USNBC

A couple more points.

2. The WBC are a joke.

3. Bermane Stiverne? Since his loss he has only fought guys with massive losing records - before such luminaries as Manswell and Ray Austin.

unless im missing your point. it IS the WBC. he's fighting vitali.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:50 pm

He's fighting Vitali I think.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:54 pm

I respect Chisora after the Helenius fight but he is made for Vitali.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:57 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
oxring wrote:

Eric Molina (US) USNBC

A couple more points.

2. The WBC are a joke.

unless im missing your point. it IS the WBC. he's fighting vitali.

Taxi for Oxring...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:00 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:I would pop him in just ahead of Helenuis

The only problem I see with that is that he lost to Fury who is lower down the list and has at least 2 (maybe 3) wins since.

Also, the record shows H won.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:01 pm

Sod taxi - get me a plane to a far away land.

Many apologies for that - possibly because I was writing the WladiK article, possibly because I was thinking of Chisora's first signing to face a K-bro - but the two melded in my head.

Points 2 and 3 still stand, however.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:08 pm

It's a voluntary defence Vitali has been reigning for long enough to be able to fight whoever he likes without being questioned unless there is a huge threat, elsewhere, got to put it like this Vitali can choose who he wants to fight, and I think thats fair with how long he's held the belt.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:10 pm

If the past is anything to go by, this heralds Haye as Vitali's real next opponent. A shutout and this time Haye pleading a broken thumb acquired on the way to the ring, you heard it here first...

Fair play to Chisora indeed, this would make Fury, Helenius and Vitali in his last four fights. Makes it all the more disgusting that somebody so honestly willing should be manipulated and robbed in broad daylight (well, morally) furious

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:14 pm

Adam D wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:I would pop him in just ahead of Helenuis

The only problem I see with that is that he lost to Fury who is lower down the list and has at least 2 (maybe 3) wins since.

Also, the record shows H won.

True, personally though i would in my list as i think the performance against Helenius was better than Furys' win over him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:14 pm

not to sure how there going to try and sell this one and yeah fury is more deserving but dont think fury wants it yet. would also have price over chisora even though he's still very green. at least he's in shape and not a fat tub of lard. the others i suppose are building there career to realisticly challege for a world title later down the line. chisora here is just looking for a payday and try not to get beat up to bad

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:24 pm

Not sure I buy that compelling.

Chisora was in shape for Helenius.

I do feel that at this point - there's pretty much no-one else out there for the Kbros to fight. They get to choose who they fight at this point in time.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:26 pm

Wlad fighting Mormeck and Vitali facing Chisora tells you everything you need to know about the HW scene right now...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:31 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Wlad fighting Mormeck and Vitali facing Chisora tells you everything you need to know about the HW scene right now...

I know, we're in an era of unrivalled talent. What with modern nutrition et all

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:37 pm

not seen the helenius fight ox, but from what i read on here helenius is rubbish. lost alot of respect for chisora for what he weighed in for the fury fight. i dont even know how its possible for a guy that size to weigh that much for a fight when he had been training full time. would hate to know what he had been eating, he was only 10 pounds lighter for helenius. was it really that great a performance from chisora or more that helenius had been found out as a overhyped protected fighter?

nobody can critise chisora for taking the fight, but i dont beleive he's taking the fight with a geneinue beleive that he can take the title.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:37 pm

I don't for a second think Chisora stands a chance of beating Vitali, however if he fights like he did against Helenius think it could be a great fight while it lasts... Smile

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:38 pm

Think he took some advice from Riddick Bowe on how to train for the Fury fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:40 pm

compelling and rich wrote:not seen the helenius fight ox, but from what i read on here helenius is rubbish. lost alot of respect for chisora for what he weighed in for the fury fight. i dont even know how its possible for a guy that size to weigh that much for a fight when he had been training full time. would hate to know what he had been eating, he was only 10 pounds lighter for helenius. was it really that great a performance from chisora or more that helenius had been found out as a overhyped protected fighter?

nobody can critise chisora for taking the fight, but i dont beleive he's taking the fight with a geneinue beleive that he can take the title.

Bit of both.

He had a bulging belly against Helenius - but to be fair to the lad - you could see his abs as well. A prime-Peter-esque physique.

Helenius was truly woeful. Fought like a muppet. Didn't exert his jab at all.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:42 pm

Helenius has no jab, has no technique for that matter, reminds me of a smaller Valuev with a bit of a dig to be honest.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 2:12 pm

Vitali has just gone down in my opinion. Granted, there is a dirth of good opposition around at the moment, but that doesn't mean we should be fed a fight against someone coming off two loses. It stinks of let's get a couple of easy pay days and then retire.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by ErmanH Mon 12 Dec 2011, 4:20 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

Very ballsy move for Chisora here. If Vitali has aged notably overnight, then perhaps he can take a decision, but otherwise I see Vitali winning the vast majority of rounds enroute to a clear decision, with Chisora taking a lot of punishment along the way. And if he does lose, you'd have to wonder how long it would take to get himself back in title contention, if he ever did.

Chris, I'm undecided as to if this is a ballsy move by Del boy or purely a decision made for the financial gain. My head says the latter, not that i can blame him too much as it will be a considerable improvement on his career purses so far. The reason i think this is because we have a talented fighter in Chisora who when he is disciplined and his mind set is right is a very bright prospect in the heavyweight division however, in his last outing he has basically been screwed in a hometown decision, so bearing in mind this experience he has had in Helsinki does anyone honestly feel that if even if Chisora were to last the distance with Vitali and it was a close fight he would get the nod in Germany? Chisora must know with the experience of his last fight and with Vitali being an adopted son in Germany, that he would more than likely have to stop Klitschko to win and considering Vitali has an iron chin and Chisora isn't a noted puncher, for me him going there to fight will inevitably end in him having a third consecutive loss (with a late stoppage on very wide Ud for Vitali) on his record but a ultimately decent pay day.

I am a fan of Chisora when he is in the right shape and personally would much rather see him chase a rematch with Fury (and turn up in the condition he is now) and then if successful rematch Helenuis with a Klitschko fight on the horizon after that. He would then be 2 more fights down the line in his career which would be valuable experience as he has only 17 or so fights to his name still, also it would be more ring time against men the size of the brothers. On the flip side who am i to suggest that Chisora shouldn't take a shot a World Title when it comes around, my only fear is his stock will be worth a hell of a lot less with 3 consecutive losses than if he goes the British title route and comes back strong in 2013 looking at World honours.

ErmanH

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 4:38 pm

Unfortunately for Chisora he's:

a) Easy to hit
b) Got a half decent chin

a + b = pummel time

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next